Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2008, 11:27   #7636
Senior - BHPian

Also GZ Titanium GZTA 4.120MKČ is for 10k

:: Ground Zero :: Amplifier / GZTA 4.120MKČ
Old 28th February 2008, 12:52   #7637
Senior - BHPian

What is the size of the speakers as in front components and rear coaxials which will fit into the stock location of the bolero? I have been visiting this section from quite a while and after reading and trying to improve my knowledge thought of getting this query answered. Guess its time for my first upgrade which i intend to do stage wise
Old 29th February 2008, 00:29   #7638
BHPian

hi guys....have finally decided on a system for my new cedia....this is what I have come up with as of now let me know how it looks:

1. HU - Pioneer 6090/6050
2. Front components: Nakamichi - SPS2 650 150 W
3. Rear 6X9: Nakamichi - SPC3 690 150 W

Am not planning on an amp right now and the guy says its fine, the head unit will be able to run both sets....just wanted your opinion on Nakamichi as they are almost double the cost of JBL's. Is it worth it?
Old 29th February 2008, 08:31   #7639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
....just wanted your opinion on Nakamichi as they are almost double the cost of JBL's. Is it worth it?
Only your own ears can (and should) answer that question for you.
Old 29th February 2008, 10:53   #7640
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
...just wanted your opinion on Nakamichi as they are almost double the cost of JBL's. Is it worth it?
IN that price range consider Infinity, Illusion, Hertz, etc..
Old 1st March 2008, 22:11   #7641

Need feedback on my choice

After weeks of research in T-BHP and looking around some couple of dealers ( Torque in Jeeven Bheema Nagar, SoundFactor in Lavelle Road) I have chosen to buy the following from SoundFactor. My budget is 15,000rs with a decent audio system.

Pioneer Head Unit ( 6200rs )
JBL Front Speaker Component ( 6500rs )
JBL Rear Co-axials ( 2750rs)
Othes ( 500rs )

All items are with Bill and Warranty.

Need to know couple of things.

1. Is the price right?

2. How about the dealer, SoundFactor? I have heard good things about this dealer in the forum? However need to know is there anything i need to be careful about while buying.

Any other advice welcome.

Thanks

Sankar Rao
Old 2nd March 2008, 00:02   #7642
BHPian

Music System for SWIFT DDIS

Hello All,

I am Tushar from Pune. Its nice to be a part of Team-Bhp. I recently bought a new car which is also a first car for me. Its Swift DDIS(ABS). Fascinated with this real mean Diesel machine i researched for almost a year and then bought this car. I know a year is a hell lot of time to decide on a car, but a person planning for Alto jumped on a Swift DDIS kinda budget then its ought to happen that way. Kudos to FIAT for developing such an awesome machine. Thanks to team-bhp i was visiting the forums to enhance my knowledge in car buying. Well now its time again and i need your help in ICEing my Swift DDIS. The major thing being MUSIC system.

I am a music buff. Listen to all sorts of music that sound good to my ears. I am majorly into Rock Music, dance numbers and Indian oldies. Require a good sounding Bass,Treble n vocal. In short a good sound quality. For me sound quality is not just loud and clear but when you listen at a lower volume you should be able to hear each and every instrument clearly from the system. My Budget is 15-20k. I know i am demanding a lot for this kinda budget. But few things can be added later for eg. the amp, the bass tube etc.

Here are a few pre-requisites -

1. Use the default factory provisions for speaker in the Door. Not interested in adding a speaker tray in the boot.

2. Keen on getting much of bass from the 4 speakers itself.

3. Will gradually increase the budget for amp(which i am not keen on if just the HU provides the sufficient output) and bass tube(later).

4. A HU that has an option for an amp, AUX for IPOD stuff, USB for Flash drives, should be able to customize sound through equilizer settings, should be able to adjust front and rear speaker volumes separately when required.

5. No cutting of any wires provided by Maruti in Swift. No altering the electric cabling which may laps Maruti warranty on the whole of electronics.

6. Budget - 15-20k(as my budget is crunched because of ABS decision).

My Knowledge so far -

Totally confused after reading different forums. I have understood from different forums here that component speakers are good then coaxial but for components you require separate tweeters as well but need to know it from you people for my car. Need to know which speakers to fit where in the car as in which in rear and which ones in front.

Hoping for advice in getting me an Awesome Car Audio system for my first Car.

Regards,
Tushar.
Old 2nd March 2008, 10:30   #7643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asankarrao View Post

Pioneer Head Unit ( 6200rs ) Please What Model of HU
JBL Front Speaker Component ( 6500rs ) Again what model as the new GT5 are cheaper than 6500
JBL Rear Co-axials ( 2750rs)
Othes ( 500rs )

All items are with Bill and Warranty.

Need to know couple of things.

1. Is the price right?

2. How about the dealer, SoundFactor? I have heard good things about this dealer in the forum? However need to know is there anything i need to be careful about while buying.

Thanks

Sankar Rao
Please answer my questions in Bold, the prices will be clear once the model numbers are known.

Others can tell about the installer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tush View Post
[b]Hello All,

Here are a few pre-requisites -

1. Use the default factory provisions for speaker in the Door. Not interested in adding a speaker tray in the boot.

2. Keen on getting much of bass from the 4 speakers itself.

3. Will gradually increase the budget for amp(which i am not keen on if just the HU provides the sufficient output) and bass tube(later).

4. A HU that has an option for an amp, AUX for IPOD stuff, USB for Flash drives, should be able to customize sound through equilizer settings, should be able to adjust front and rear speaker volumes separately when required.

5. No cutting of any wires provided by Maruti in Swift. No altering the electric cabling which may laps Maruti warranty on the whole of electronics.

6. Budget - 15-20k(as my budget is crunched because of ABS decision).

My Knowledge so far -

Totally confused after reading different forums. I have understood from different forums here that component speakers are good then coaxial but for components you require separate tweeters as well but need to know it from you people for my car. Need to know which speakers to fit where in the car as in which in rear and which ones in front.
Welcome to T-Bhp Tusar & congrats for the new car.

My answers to your questions:

1) Possible use only door options for speakers

2) slightly difficult as you wont get much bass from the default location of speakers

3) Make sure you buy an HU with 3 pre-outs

4) Possible but an HU with all the otions will cost close to 10k & hence will have impact on your budget.

5) Any good installer can do this, you can try Poona Motors in camp & Bafna in Deccan. There are others too who can do a decent job.

6) Hmm for budget constraint check the following thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...k-25k-30k.html

You dont require tweters for components rather tweeters are part of the speaker set.

When you buy a pair of Co-axial speakers you get two speakers
When you buy a pair of Componant spealers you get two tweeters, two crossover units & two mid bass speakers.

You can also go thorugh the following thread on Audio in Swift

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...io-thread.html

Hope this helps
Old 2nd March 2008, 13:01   #7644

Ok here is the model number. Proves that I ama a newbie

DEH 3990 MP Pioneer Head Unit
JBL GTO607 6" Component Speaker ( Front )
JBL GTO427 4" 2 Way Speaker ( Rear )
Old 2nd March 2008, 23:42   #7645
JPL
BHPian

Quote:

1. Is the price right?

Price is MRP I guess, cant go wrong with that lol

Soundfactor is supposed to be governed by JBL in house rules and they are pretty VFM and reliable as heard here (gurus will chip in if I am inaccurate anywhere) so dont worry about soundfactor.

why the 4" coaxes for the rear, they can take in 6" coaxes right?gurus?

Thanks

Sankar Rao
gurus should also chip in soon !! all the best.
Old 3rd March 2008, 10:32   #7646
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ok here is the model number. Proves that I ama a newbie

DEH 3990 MP Pioneer Head Unit
JBL GTO607 6" Component Speaker ( Front )
JBL GTO427 4" 2 Way Speaker ( Rear )
4" for the rear? which car is this?
Old 3rd March 2008, 12:01   #7647
Senior - BHPian

Hi profile says its a Swift, hm so why a 4 inch ??
Old 3rd March 2008, 13:13   #7648
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Hi profile says its a Swift, hm so why a 4 inch ??
If it is a Sift a 6" (JBL 637 in this case) would be a drop in. It'd give more bass for just about 1K more.
Old 3rd March 2008, 14:20   #7649

Advice for Head Unit.

Hello everyone this is my first post here,Im looking to pick a nice Head Unit im thinking of picking up a Pioneer and am a lil confused which model between 6050 or 7950 whats the difference both?

Also i want a good high end head unit cause i need to hook my 4chnl ADS amp & 2x 10inch Boston accoustic Subwoofer,6.5inch MB Quart Components speakers,Ipod & 16Gb pendrive to it.

Hope the 6050 & 7950 are a good choice my budget for head unit is approx 10k.

Thanks.
Old 3rd March 2008, 14:30   #7650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by makatak View Post
Also i want a good high end head unit cause i need to hook my 4chnl ADS amp & 2x 10inch Boston accoustic Subwoofer,6.5inch MB Quart Components speakers,Ipod & 16Gb pendrive to it.
The 6050 and 7950 aren't exactly "high end" head units in terms of sound quality. But they should be fine with the gear you name. What series of MB Quart are the speakers from? And the sub?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks