Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2008, 00:49   #7696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
@ tush, u can also think of alpine. they are a bit costly.
Alpine...hmm guidance for the same would be appreciated...as i am only aware that its fitted as an OEM with the likes of Hondas etc...
Old 12th March 2008, 09:14   #7697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tush View Post
Alpine...hmm guidance for the same would be appreciated...as i am only aware that its fitted as an OEM with the likes of Hondas etc...
they are fitted on TATAS too. the sumo grande comes with a Alpine HU and 6 Speakers.

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

there is a blau official showroom on bajirao road in pune. u can have a look there.
Old 12th March 2008, 19:53   #7698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
there is a blau official showroom on bajirao road in pune. u can have a look there.
Ok gr8 i will check the Blaupunkt showroom at bajiroa road. I checked one at Law college road. Hey any information as to where at Bajirao road. Name of the showroom franchise?

thnx,
tush
Old 12th March 2008, 22:09   #7699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tush View Post
Ok gr8 i will check the Blaupunkt showroom at bajiroa road. I checked one at Law college road. Hey any information as to where at Bajirao road. Name of the showroom franchise?

thnx,
tush
do one thing go from deccan to sp college road. u will get a big signal with a circle in between . this signal is just before the swargate signal. take a left from there. that is bajirao road. go 300 mts ahead and on the left u will see blau.
Old 13th March 2008, 06:27   #7700

Audio problem ?

Car : Toyota Corolla HE [2007]
Headunit : Sony CDX-GT860U
Speakers : car came loaded with 4 speakers.

Amongst the variants of Corolla only the base model HE doesnot come with a integrated audio system, so decided to purchase a Sony HU CDX-GT860U. My problem is even after spending 14k on the HU I am still not satisfied with the quality of the sound. Being a complete novice as I am, I have absolutely no knowledge of car audio system, but my ears are very well conditioned to appreciate good quality music.

What is the problem with my setup?

Following are the points which i thought of :-
1. I play MP3 files stored on CD-R and the pen drive, should i buy original Audio CDs' instead?
2. Should I replace the factory fitted Corolla speakers? If yes which are the speakers best for SONY CDX-GT860U?
3. Adding a sub-woofer helps? What does a sub-woofer do? Does it provide surround sound or bass effects? Where do the sub-woofer fit in the car? I heard that sub-woofer don't require external amplification, but their power requirement is huge, If the head Units supply 50W per channel to each of the four speaker, the sub-woofer requires additional 100W, what does all this mean?
4. Corolla front speakers are placed very low in the door, Is that the problem ? If yes then what is the proper height for the front speakers. I know there is a option in CDX-GT860U to simulate sound coming from higher heights. But enabling that option does it load the processor of HU like the CPU Usage of PC viewed in Task Manager.
5. Four speaker setup [2 front and 2 rear] can play surround sound? Stereo sound i:e the left and right channels is usually played by the 2 rear speakers and 2 front speakers play the remaining channels. MP3 plays surround sound?
6. If everything else is alright then is my HU a faulty piece[fake] or is the model itself not so good. Did i make a mistake in the first place to buy this HU, I know this is too late to ask, but just to make sure.
7. Is the genre of music I play which is generally romantic Hindi film songs, Hindustani and Carnatic Vocals, occasionally some dance numbers, which does not sound good in this setup.
8. Finally is there any problem at all? Or is it just my perception that audio is not good? Am I or my ears the main problem
Old 13th March 2008, 09:19   #7701
BHPian

Help needed ICE for ALTO without sacrificing boot space.

Hi all,
I am a newbie here; I am posting this after searching team-bhp in last few days. I want to have AMP+Subwoofer+4"components within 10k (is it possible?). I already have JBL GTO937 speakers with me.(i have been quoted 3.5k for 2nd hand Pioneer DEH-P4750 can i buy that? i will be listening to it today)
Can gurus suggest some subwoofer configuration without sacrificing boot space in my car.
Sorry to start new thread i could not find appropriate details/thraeds to post this query mods can merge it with correct threads.
Old 13th March 2008, 10:07   #7702
Senior - BHPian

(I had heard about Appu Ghar shutting shop in Delhi, but didn't know it has shifted base to Pune. Sorry, buddy, just joking)
Quote:
Originally Posted by appuGhar View Post
8. Finally is there any problem at all? Or is it just my perception that audio is not good? Am I or my ears the main problem
This usually IS the starting point! Would you be able to isolate WHAT is it that is leaving you dissatisfied? The tablas / dhol? The singer's voice? The "chhankane" and the high frequencies? Don't worry, listening to it for some time you will be able to figure out what you are missing consistently. Try listening to your current system with all controls at 0 (except volume, of course) - this will show up the inherent defects. It would be difficult to blame the HU per se, most likely it is the speakers.

Get together with the Pune TBHPians (PM them) and listen to their outfits - you will find more differences and the reasons. Once you have done that, you can set a budget and make changes.
Old 13th March 2008, 11:45   #7703
BHPian

Me also having the same requirements.....If its possible in 10k then its very good...Well lets wait for the guru's advice.....
Old 13th March 2008, 12:01   #7704
BHPian

Pioneer+JBL decent setup in Rs.10.6 K

Hi
I have installed a music system for my SANTRO and here is the configuration

Pioneer 4050 MP3 player with USB and AUX input for Rs. 5150/- (without Bill and warranty)
JBL GT5-963 6”X9” 210 W 3 way oval shape real speakers for Rs. 3945/- (with Bill and warranty)
JBL GT5-402 4” 2 way front speakers for Rs. 1500/- (with Bill and warranty)

So total cost of music system is Rs. 10595/-

Classic parcel tray is extra for Rs.1200/-

Believe me its fantastic combination for small cars. IF you are not listing music in very high volume and driving with family, kids then it’s just fantastic. You can reach upto volume limit of 35 without any loss in sound quality, but after that it’s become noisy but with my personal experience i generally keep our sound volume upto 20 max and for this level its just fantastic combination I am very happy and satisfied with the sound quality I get with JBL and pioneer combination.
so those having budget of Rs.10-11K this works out the best .

If you have PC at home/office then please go for HU with USB attachment, its very very useful and you can get rid of CD's.
I have 4GB pen drive with me which can store thousands of songs and browsing is very easy so always go for HU with USB.

-Sandeep Joshi
Pune
Old 13th March 2008, 12:32   #7705
Senior - BHPian

@mohang & Swapnil: answer is NO you can not have 4 inch comps + sub + amp for 10k not if purchased 1st hand.

Last edited by Technocrat : 13th March 2008 at 12:35.
Old 13th March 2008, 12:46   #7706
BHPian

Quote:
@mohang & Swapnil: answer is NO you can not have 4 inch comps + sub + amp for 10k not if purchased 1st hand.
How about the GT5 4 ch amp and GT5 sub...will it give good output..what will be the cost like???
Old 13th March 2008, 14:21   #7707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Technocrat ,Thanks for the reply
Any entry level combination of Subwoofer+Amp,what will be the approximate price? and placing the subwoofer other than boot?
i need to save space
Old 13th March 2008, 14:24   #7708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
He might in grey with some low end compos (I think the 6" CS series components from JBL are ~3.5k in grey). 4", if they exist, should be less. Taking 3k for the compos, 4.5k for the 4 ch amp (kenwood 8401 is about 4.7, there should be something cheaper around) and the JBL CS series sub (2.5k) should fit in the overall 10k budget.

However, that will still leave the wiring, fitting and box for the sub. Also, I'm not sure how such a setup would actually sound
Old 13th March 2008, 15:17   #7709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohang_j View Post
Technocrat ,Thanks for the reply
Any entry level combination of Subwoofer+Amp,what will be the approximate price? and placing the subwoofer other than boot?
i need to save space

Hey Mohan , this is what we do when we need a bit of boom-boom (..read Sub/amp) in Delhi.

1) Head Down to the local car accessory market. (Lajpat Nagar /Khan Market in case you are a delhite).
2) Buy a Sony 2 Channel amp / Sony sub and wiring kit (BOSS of course )
3) Let-loose the car-wrecker (...oops , installer ) on your newly purchased car.
4) Pay the bugger half of what he demands initially (cos nearly all installers here overcharge obscenly)
5) Enjoy the new system in your car (..or what's left of it).

This entire exercise sets you back by around 5K.

Cheap , huh??

P.S. - it's not as bad as it sounds ..... but then all ICErs are masochists at heart.
Old 13th March 2008, 15:41   #7710
Senior - BHPian

Mohang I am afraid you cant put a sub anywhere else than the boot. Try a combo of Sony amp & sub as this should be amongst the cheapest. for exact price you will have to go to various accessories shops & hunt for a discount, still the entire system would go above 10k.

You can always have the sub witha plug so that you can remove it whenever you dont need it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks