Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2005, 12:07   #136
Team-BHP Support

Welcome back,
Your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back,
To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've got him on the spot, welcome back,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.
Old 22nd July 2005, 12:14   #137
Team-BHP Support

boy I don't think I've seen Navin this excited before! I think he really misses the tete-a-tetes with you Sam! You guys can now get back to talking your own language here!!
Old 22nd July 2005, 15:34   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srasania
Hi guys..wanna know - I am buying Kicker KS 5.2 Components for the New Honda City for Front sound,and KS6.2 Components for rear..
Well,please advise whether I should get an 8 inch/10inch or 12 inch sub??..I wanna fit in the the rear deck itself,and not as a box in the trunk..
Also,please suggest RMS peak and whether single/dual coil sub I should go in for..I prefer Kicker sub..how's CVR10 for my speaker set up?
I am not planning to buy a separate mono block amp for the sub..only a 4 channel amp for the component speakers.

Thanks,
Suraj
Hi Suraj,

12" on the rear deck may not fit in a city, stick to 10". You have 2 sets of components and a woofer. The only way you can connect all of this to a 4ch amp, is to run both components in parallel (No fader control) and the other 2 channels to be bridged (if single coil sub) or both channels into a dual coil sub. Frankly both cases will sound the same (as they will be on the same channel) so i wouldn't spend extra on a dual coil unless I had a seperate amp.

Cheers
Old 22nd July 2005, 15:39   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
boy I don't think I've seen Navin this excited before! I think he really misses the tete-a-tetes with you Sam! You guys can now get back to talking your own language here!!
I toh came back early, esp to talk tech with Navin. If the girlfriend reads this, solid trouble will happen.
Old 22nd July 2005, 15:50   #140
Team-BHP Support

I was quoting a song from the 60s called Welcome Back by the Loving Spoonful. The song became famous as the theme song of a TV show called Welcome Back Kotter which starred a very young John Travolta.

Last edited by navin : 22nd July 2005 at 15:51.
Old 22nd July 2005, 15:51   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
I think we are deviating topic too much on this thread. Wasnt this about an ideal audio system???
Off late the buzz word for this topic is "BUZZING"

Hey Aseem,

No my friend, this thread isn't about an ideal audio system. Just a thread where we offer advice to people on their car audio system. This thread was created for deviations.
This is the thread which the moderators would have surely wiped out long ago, if Navin and I weren't such nice people....

Yeh Gaadi ke Audio System ka dhaaga hai. Toot hi nahi sakta hai.

*Sam and Navin sing "Yeh Dosti aur yeh Thread, hum nahin todenge" to a applauding audience*
Old 22nd July 2005, 16:00   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

The force is strong with you, Young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet...
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2005, 16:02   #143
Team-BHP Support

Correction Sam, "this thread was created for Deviants"
Old 22nd July 2005, 16:03   #144
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi

The force is strong with you, Young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet...
Yes, Mr. Vader, but I am learning fast!
Old 22nd July 2005, 16:12   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

OK chal chal, this is getting out of hand. The moderators will react soon now

Besides even I'm having trouble keeping up lol. Let's start again.

REALITY CHECK:

This is a thread called "Car Audio Advice" on the In Car Entertainment section. This is aptly named as Navin and Sam offer advice on Car music systems and thus entertain themselves.

REALITY CHECK

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 22nd July 2005 at 16:14.
Old 22nd July 2005, 16:14   #146

Hi Sam/ Navin,

Am getting delivery of my Swift VXI in the immediate future - was hunting around for a good head unit and speakers. The dealer as well as the grey market chaps were advising me against using the spkr. enclosures in the door panels of the Swift as they would sound crappy.

Have you seen any problems with installing 6" spkrs. on all 4 doors? I saw your post earlier where U recommend it.

Am planning on going in for the Pioneer DEH-6750 (Rs.7500) 2 6" Sony's for the front(Rs.1050) and 6" JBL GTO's for the rear (Rs.2300) else JBL 6 x 9 for the rear (Rs.2700). Will that be a good set-up? Are the prices decent?

Thanks,

Vinay
Old 22nd July 2005, 16:19   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsatyan
Hi Sam/ Navin,

Am getting delivery of my Swift VXI in the immediate future - was hunting around for a good head unit and speakers. The dealer as well as the grey market chaps were advising me against using the spkr. enclosures in the door panels of the Swift as they would sound crappy.

Have you seen any problems with installing 6" spkrs. on all 4 doors? I saw your post earlier where U recommend it.

Am planning on going in for the Pioneer DEH-6750 (Rs.7500) 2 6" Sony's for the front(Rs.1050) and 6" JBL GTO's for the rear (Rs.2300) else JBL 6 x 9 for the rear (Rs.2700). Will that be a good set-up? Are the prices decent?

Thanks,

Vinay
Hi Vinay,

Firstly welcome. I can see this is your first post, so maybe you ought to put up a hello at the Introduce yourself section.

I recommend 2 pairs of 6" in the doors for the swift. it's what they were designed for in the first place. Please do not ruin the interior of a sexy car like the swift by putting 6X9 ovals in ugly ways.
Prices are all decent, but you will find better results if all 4 speakers are identical. This way the tonality doesnt change, from the front to the back. Also you have uniform power handling.
I suggest you put 4 identical speakers if you're on a budget. The pioneer 6750 is probably the deck with the fanciest display at 7500/- but soundwise, i think it's a little harsh. Try a Sony cd unit thats the same price too, plus you get warranty and bill.

Cheers and enjoy
Old 22nd July 2005, 16:34   #148
Team-BHP Support

besides why go grey market when the price difference does not warrant it. there is no white market Pioneer yet. Stick to a system that has as few lights as possible that way you can atleast hope the manufacturer has put more money into the sound. Old saying "if you want lights get a Christmas Tree".
Old 22nd July 2005, 16:36   #149
BHPian

Gurus'

Need your advice on a problem am facing with my audio setup.
Car- lancer
rockford components in the front,
Pioneer speaker 6X9 on the rear parcel shelf,
rockford Punch sub again on the rear shelf,
Boss audio amp powering the sub and one sony 502 powering the components.
Boss-Equaliser
HU-JVC 405
Getting a peculiar Jarr from the rear even when the bass is increased.
Please help.

Thanks
Old 22nd July 2005, 16:46   #150
Team-BHP Support

my guess is your rear deck is vibrating. have a friend touch the deck firmly when you play the system to see if that damps the vibrations.

another option is that you have turned the bass up so much that the bass woofer is being run out of it's physical limitations. you have 2 choices reduce the bass or get a bigger woofer.

report your findings and we'll take the next step.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks