Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2005, 11:32   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

<<<<<<50mfd (2 x 100mfd in series) is kinda large for the tweeter he can only connect this to the midbass. also I would do one better. get a 2mfd-10mfd / 100V poly cap form say CTR and bypass the electrolytics.>>>>>>>>

You misunderstand me Navin, I suggested the 2X100mfd for the front midbass driver.
You are bang on about the 2 to 10mfd for the tweeters, but honestly i would never go over 6.8mfd. Also you get some nice japanese bipolar electrolytics 100V in the market now.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 8th July 2005 at 11:34.
Old 8th July 2005, 12:02   #47
BHPian

Music System for Getz

Hi Sam,
I recently bought a Getz GLS, and have yet not installed a music system in it. No dealer in Delhi seems to know much abt Getz accoustics.
I don't wanna touch grey market stuff, and am not ale to find any authorised dealer in Delhi other than Sony. So have decided to go for Sony only. I have decided on CDX-F5510X head-unit (Rs. 8990), XS-GS160 - 6 inches component speakers for front door (Rs. 4990) and XS-GF1621X (Rs. 1700) - 6 inches co-axial speakers for the rear door. Will this produce good sound or should I for 6"*9" oval speakers fitted in tray. I do not want to install a woofer right now but maybe a woofer tube later. Will retro-fitting a woofer tube will reuquire an amp or is the amp built-in in the tube.
Will this setup work with-out amp or I will have to install an amp also.
Please advice.

Thanx

Nitin
Old 8th July 2005, 12:13   #48
BHPian

Hi Sam, Thanks a lot for the advice. Mine is the new esteem, and it has the front speaker slots located near to the knees. What i am missing now in my car is the vocals(mainly mid frequencies) in the front passenger compartment. The tweeters have built in crossovers so they handle only High Frequencies only.

Me too searched the net for a 4" component but couldnt find one, as they are available only as a package with the tweeters, which i already have.

The front speakers which i got in my search can handle only 25-30 watts RMS. Can this be connected safely to an amp with 50watts RMS output? Will the suggested crossovers protect the speakers?

I have heard front speakers making lots of noise instead of music in other cars when we turn up the volume, that is the reason why i didnt choose one. Will the cross over limit this?

I saw BGx 402 from Blaupunkt as an option, please tell me some more.

The circuit of the crossover felt easy for me as i got some electronics backgrnd, thanks for taking care anyway.
Old 8th July 2005, 13:22   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer
Hi Sam,
I recently bought a Getz GLS, and have yet not installed a music system in it. No dealer in Delhi seems to know much abt Getz accoustics.
I don't wanna touch grey market stuff, and am not ale to find any authorised dealer in Delhi other than Sony. So have decided to go for Sony only. I have decided on CDX-F5510X head-unit (Rs. 8990), XS-GS160 - 6 inches component speakers for front door (Rs. 4990) and XS-GF1621X (Rs. 1700) - 6 inches co-axial speakers for the rear door. Will this produce good sound or should I for 6"*9" oval speakers fitted in tray. I do not want to install a woofer right now but maybe a woofer tube later. Will retro-fitting a woofer tube will reuquire an amp or is the amp built-in in the tube.
Will this setup work with-out amp or I will have to install an amp also.
Hi there!
There is a JBL trained tech at a place called Elegant at lajpat nagar(i think. I can check with my new delhi office if you like) in New Delhi.He is good, owner's name is Sachin, ofcourse you can say you know me, it'll help.
The Sony Head unit is good. You COULD put compos in the front, but you wont really enjoy components completely till you pop in a power amp. even a small one. Most good tube dont have an amplifier built in. What you COULD do is buy the speakers now, then later maybe buy a 4channel amplifier, then maybe later buy a tube. It's a nice way to buy any system, slowly.
This tray business is all bullcr*p. The trays look bad and they rattle. And what about pushing the rear seat back eh? If you need any more advice, let me know. If you need help locating an authorized dealer close to you, let me know, I'll PM the number of my New Delhi Distributor to you. Or you can find it at the back of any Autocar magazine.
Cheers

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 8th July 2005 at 13:24.
Old 8th July 2005, 13:28   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

<<<<I saw BGx 402 from Blaupunkt as an option, please tell me some more>>>>

Fairly decent speaker the BGx402, but the upper midhighs are muted. Try an alpine 4" or ofcourse (heh heh totally unbiased) the JBLGTO426e.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 8th July 2005 at 13:33.
Old 8th July 2005, 14:10   #51
BHPian

What about Blaupunkt's TSx 102 and GTx 402, these speakers are bit costly at 2400 and 1600.

Also how much will be JBLGTO426e?
Old 8th July 2005, 14:13   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

GTO426e is Rs 2500/- and honestly, its a great speaker.
Old 8th July 2005, 14:37   #53
BHPian

Thanks Sam, will certainly think of that.

Also is it ok to go for an amp and subwoofer, with the other speakers driven directly by the head unit?. I am thinking of a getting a sub first and then upgrade the normal speakers to be driven by an amp later as budget permits. I am currently satisified with the power of the head unit(tho it may sound diff with an amp). I have heard of blaupunkt Class D amp, 75W x 2 , thinking of bridging the same and drive the sub.

Tell me your opininions...
Old 8th July 2005, 14:59   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

It's ok to drive a sub with an amp and drive the speakers wth a deck. It's not IDEAL, but it's ok. Be careful not to turn up the amp too much or it'll drown out everything else. Baadme put an amp for the speakers also, to complete the balance.
Old 8th July 2005, 15:35   #55
BHPian

Hi Sam,

Thanx for your advice, I work in Okhla and Lajpat Nagar is quite near, I'll goto Elegant and check-out JBLs over there. Can you please suggest a good 6" components for front door and 6" co-axials for rear door, and their prices too :-) And what amp do you suggest for this setup (i won't go for the amp right now, mebbe 6 months later).

Nitin
Old 8th July 2005, 16:31   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer
Hi Sam,

Thanx for your advice, I work in Okhla and Lajpat Nagar is quite near, I'll goto Elegant and check-out JBLs over there. Can you please suggest a good 6" components for front door and 6" co-axials for rear door, and their prices too :-) And what amp do you suggest for this setup (i won't go for the amp right now, mebbe 6 months later).

Nitin
Compos for the front GTO606Ce(Rs6000/-) 6" tri-axials (GTO636e) Rs 3990/-.all incl.
If you dont plan to put a subwoofer, a nice amplifier is the CS50.4

Enjoy.
Old 8th July 2005, 20:48   #57
Team-BHP Support

Hi audio techies,

So since everyone seems to be making their questions audible, i figured i would chime in as well.

I have crappy old blau 2way coaxials in the front of my car. They make cracking noises. Its coz of the wires from the cone to the dome tweeter. Can i just *snip snip* that wire and disconnect the dome (i wont miss the tweets), or is it likely to cause some stress on speakers inbuilt crossovers or something like that?

Thanks,
R
Old 8th July 2005, 21:01   #58
Team-BHP Support

u sure the surround of the midbass is ok? does the noise happen when you turn it up.
Old 8th July 2005, 21:32   #59
BHPian

Thanks sam..I'll go to the lamington rd. office and get the catalogue.
I wanted to ask you - can you rate the following brands(with regards to car speaker audio clarity) starting from BEST brand..
1.JBL
2.Kicker
3.Boston
4.Focal
5.A/D/S
6.MB Quart
7.Sound Stream
8.MTX Audio

Suraj
Old 9th July 2005, 04:46   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Compos for the front GTO606Ce(Rs6000/-) 6" tri-axials (GTO636e) Rs 3990/-.all incl.
If you dont plan to put a subwoofer, a nice amplifier is the CS50.4

Enjoy.
I dont mind going for this combo for my swift. However car audio guy at Karol Bagh told me that they cant give amp output to front speakers(components) as they cant handle it??? is this true??? Also another guy told me that if I want to give amp output to front speakers than I need to buy two amps??? Is this true, cant I buy a 4 channel amp and put 2 for front and 2 for rear and later sub???
The reason I stress on amp output to the fronts is that I have an esteem in which I have a 2 channel amp and only rear and woofer are into it. Thus my music is always coming from the back and I dont enjoy that...

Also I heard that lately you get HU that can have a remote at the steering wheel? is this true, if so how kewl does it look, does it look integral part of the car or just like a normal remote taped to steering???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks