Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2005, 19:38   #796
Senior - BHPian

Why are you going for Pioneer 5750 when you can get Pioneer 6750 for 7.5k. Also consider Sony 5510 for 6-6.5 k depending on the deal.
Old 29th August 2005, 19:40   #797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
nah i got it here. at bharat auto. i dont remember what it cost but it was not much. i'd have to check my papers to find that out in any case prices change so fast. no issue with my sons DVDs though finding Nemo and Madagascar et. al work fine so far.
Any idea how much was the "NOT MUCH" price. 10k, 20k, 30k... which bracket. Since you drive a Skoda not much for you is like a HELL LOT more for an 800 driver like me
Old 29th August 2005, 19:46   #798
Team-BHP Support

sorry aseem i did not want to be rude. i think it was 10-12K for the DVD changer and 5-6K for the screen. i am quite sure the necvox changer and screen cost me less than the alpine 6 CD changer.
Old 29th August 2005, 19:47   #799
BHPian

Cheap Sony and JVC Units

Guys who are talking abt JVC HU and other stuff, Even I came across some cheap options like Sony and JVC, Selling for around/ less than Rs 6000. I can across one Sony HU for Rs 5800 I think the one in Gun Metal Blade design in which you can just push the Faceplate down and u can insert the CD. But then when I went to Sony Showroom, he told me that there are chinese one's and Indian one's out of which Indian one's come with warranty and are the originals, but even the Chinese Sony HU had all the appropriate Sony labels/Stickers that define its originality fooling the customer.

I am not sure of the originality Indian Sony One though !!

Last edited by zzzehar : 29th August 2005 at 19:50.
Old 29th August 2005, 19:52   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Why are you going for Pioneer 5750 when you can get Pioneer 6750 for 7.5k. Also consider Sony 5510 for 6-6.5 k depending on the deal.
Hi Aseem, thanks for ur reply.
I am getting the Pioneer 5750 for Rs 6800 and the Pioneer 6750 for Rs 7500. and did u say the Sony 5510 with or without warranty? Thanks
Old 29th August 2005, 19:52   #801
Senior - BHPian

I think these days all electronics are sourced from china even in US. So the crap that the dealer is telling you that the Sony's selling with bill in India are manufactured in India is all not true. This is a selling gimik that most dealers do. I remember going with my brother to a shop and asked him about speakers. He said that the Sony speakers are for 1000 Rs. We told him we are getting them for 800 at the other shop, and he said those are chinese and his are from Tiawan. Than he showed us the speakers and they had a Made in China label. He started removing it while still insisting they were not chinese.
So just make the long story short... HU's are mostly genuine and you can tell by the look as we in India here dont have the technology to make fakes. The speakers there are lots of fakes. But if you are going for components etc and high end systems with bill you are fine. As far as Pioneer HU is concerned, they dont even retail in India, so by that logic all Pioneers are fake and made in China. That is so not true.
Old 29th August 2005, 19:58   #802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
sorry aseem i did not want to be rude. i think it was 10-12K for the DVD changer and 5-6K for the screen. i am quite sure the necvox changer and screen cost me less than the alpine 6 CD changer.
No offense taken Navin. We go long back, I can take a bit off sarcasm from freinds in stride. 10 k is awesome for a DVD changer considering I was thinking about getting Sony CD changer for 6k and to mod it for playing VCD's for another 1k. So this is great. I just have a final question, I have two cars, both running Sony HU's. Can I make wiring such that I can use the same DVD changer in both the cars? Will the Necvox work with a Sony? Thanks in advance.
Old 29th August 2005, 19:58   #803
BHPian

Add-on JC road Blore----Guys name Naveen---Mob. No. 9886003036
Old 29th August 2005, 20:05   #804
BHPian

Quote:
I think these days all electronics are sourced from china even in US. So the crap that the dealer is telling you that the Sony's selling with bill in India are manufactured in India is all not true. This is a selling gimik that most dealers do. I remember going with my brother to a shop and asked him about speakers. He said that the Sony speakers are for 1000 Rs. We told him we are getting them for 800 at the other shop, and he said those are chinese and his are from Tiawan. Than he showed us the speakers and they had a Made in China label. He started removing it while still insisting they were not chinese.
So just make the long story short... HU's are mostly genuine and you can tell by the look as we in India here dont have the technology to make fakes. The speakers there are lots of fakes. But if you are going for components etc and high end systems with bill you are fine. As far as Pioneer HU is concerned, they dont even retail in India, so by that logic all Pioneers are fake and made in China. That is so not true.
So Aseem by what u hv said going in for Pioneer 5750/6750 would be a better option than Sony 5510 without warranty? Correct? Also which speakers shud I go in for? Earlier I was thinking of some cheap Pioneer one's for Rs 650 with warranty which the dealer suggested. But now as you guys said that If I am driving the car front speakers shud be good, Please tell me in the budget of under Rs 2000 or around/ above for exceptionally Good. Also JBL is not available in chandigarh in options here, so tell me something else. For rear I am going for Blaupunkt GTx 693 6x9 Inch for Rs 3250. Thank you
Old 29th August 2005, 20:13   #805
Senior - BHPian

Zzzehar, my brother is a surgeon in PGI Chandigarh and will be driving down to Delhi next weekend. If you wish we can arrange something so that he can bring the desired components for you, and you can get them installed in Chandigarh, or you can drive down yourself. Its an awesome drive.
I personally would have gone for Pioneer 6750 for its display at 7.5 k. However as far as the sound is concerned the Pioneer is way to shrill (too much treble). The Sony 5510 has much much better sound quality than Pioneers, but it looks dud. The Pioneer 5750 should not cost more than 6.8k personally I feel. Since you drive yourself, your best speakers should be in front. What car do you have? In any case buy Boss Components 5" for 3-4k they are worth it. Sony also has 5" components for 4.5k.You can even delay the speakers in the rear for now, as I am telling you these components will beat the hell out of the expensive Blankpunt co-axials you have mentioned. You can go for some simple local Pioneer speakers as filler in the rear for 2k. So that makes the budget like this:
Sony 5510: 6k
Boss or Sony cheap 5" components: 4k
Pioneer 2 way Co-axials for rear: 2k
Total budget 12k.
Old 29th August 2005, 20:18   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Zzzehar, my brother is a surgeon in PGI Chandigarh and will be driving down to Delhi next weekend. If you wish we can arrange something so that he can bring the desired components for you, and you can get them installed in Chandigarh, or you can drive down yourself. Its an awesome drive.
I personally would have gone for Pioneer 6750 for its display at 7.5 k. However as far as the sound is concerned the Pioneer is way to shrill (too much treble). The Sony 5510 has much much better sound quality than Pioneers, but it looks dud. The Pioneer 5750 should not cost more than 6.8k personally I feel. Since you drive yourself, your best speakers should be in front. What car do you have? In any case buy Boss Components 5" for 3-4k they are worth it. Sony also has 5" components for 4.5k.You can even delay the speakers in the rear for now, as I am telling you these components will beat the hell out of the expensive Blankpunt co-axials you have mentioned. You can go for some simple local Pioneer speakers as filler in the rear for 2k. So that makes the budget like this:
Sony 5510: 6k
Boss or Sony cheap 5" components: 4k
Pioneer 2 way Co-axials for rear: 2k
Total budget 12k.
Very Gud Idea, Is there a website I can check out BOSS components? I will consider whatever u hv said, but I just love the display of Pioneer. Still I will listen to what u said and will let u know wht I hv installed as I will begetting It done this weekend.

I drive a Daewoo Matiz !

Last edited by zzzehar : 29th August 2005 at 20:20.
Old 29th August 2005, 20:24   #807
Senior - BHPian

Zzzehar with your budget I will straight away head to Karol Bagh, Delhi. The Boss speakers I previously had in my car can be seen here. They have a very good sound quality, but are not as high end as some of the expensive ones:

http://www.audioinmotion.com/item.jh...0&PRID=1448243

The ones in this link are for 6" you will actually go for 5" components in your car.
Old 29th August 2005, 20:28   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Zzzehar with your budget I will straight away head to Karol Bagh, Delhi. The Boss speakers I previously had in my car can be seen here. They have a very good sound quality, but are not as high end as some of the expensive ones:

http://www.audioinmotion.com/item.jh...0&PRID=1448243

The ones in this link are for 6" you will actually go for 5" components in your car.
Will AMP be necessary for this kind of setup?
I will check out Sony 5510 2moro and also the Boss components !! If they fit in my budget with great sound I'll buy them. Thank you.
Old 29th August 2005, 20:44   #809
Senior - BHPian

Amp is not neccesary in your budget. Add it later.
Old 29th August 2005, 21:53   #810
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry but i need to say something here (After all this forum does have a little to do with me) Im afraid i do not agree with the Boss suggestion. I've heard the sound on all Boss speakers and theyre quite bad. I would not recommend them to any of my friends here. I know i keep saying that speakers are a matter of opinion, but purely in MY opinion, they're terrible.

There's been a lot of advice given today on this forum, i do not agree with some of it and i think i can safely speak for Navin's disagreement on certain topics here as well (if he will permit me)
Navin ( from addon, bangalore) used to be our distributor in bangalore but not anymore, due to bad business practices. I have no more to say on that account.

Cheers y'all

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks