Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2005, 22:26   #811
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
the crap that the dealer is telling you that the Sony's selling with bill in India are manufactured in India is all not true. This is a selling gimik that most dealers do.
A lot of models in Sony, esp the ones that are sold here with bill and warranty are SKD. (Semi knock down). Thus they are actually "made in India" I do not see this as a drawback, just clarifying a few things here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
HU's are mostly genuine and you can tell by the look as we in India here dont have the technology to make fakes.
No not true! We do fakes really well, SKD and CKD really badly sometimes.
Often original units are purchased by carriers in Singapore and dubai and re assembled in someones house. Not even at a proper workbench. Sometimes the dampers and suspension of a CD player are not fit properly and sometimes the lens alignment is also affected in the cheap re-fitment. Also we all know what kind of quality fakes the chinese make.
Thats not good advice at all. Sorry, this is all quite wrong. Sorry i really must disagree here quite strongly. Everyones entitled to a free opinion but lets not dish out bad advice at an audio forum. Half knowledge is very dangerous.
Old 29th August 2005, 22:30   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
A lot of models in Sony, esp the ones that are sold here with bill and warranty are SKD. (Semi knock down). Thus they are actually "made in India" I do not see this as a drawback, just clarifying a few things here.

No not true! We do fakes really well, SKD and CKD really badly sometimes.
Often original units are purchased by carriers in Singapore and dubai and re assembled in someones house. Not even at a proper workbench. Sometimes the dampers and suspension of a CD player are not fit properly and sometimes the lens alignment is also affected in the cheap re-fitment. Also we all know what kind of quality fakes the chinese make.
Thats not good advice at all. Sorry, this is all quite wrong. Sorry i really must disagree here quite strongly. Everyones entitled to a free opinion but lets not dish out bad advice at an audio forum. Half knowledge is very dangerous.
Thank you SAM for ur Inputs. I think I would really have to consider Blaupunkt's Entry level HU thats BERMUDA with 1 yr Warranty and 2 yr Theft Insurance. Do you think If I attach an Amp with It , It can Rock any Damn Speaker? Sorry but I am very poor on my knowledge on the tech specs of these !!
Old 29th August 2005, 22:58   #813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
If you had me that question on 26/7 i would have said "a lot of water".
and u call it not much.... Great setup...
Old 29th August 2005, 23:12   #814
Team-BHP Support

ok as usual ia come in late....i am going to clarify my stand on some issues (covering all is just not possible).

1. Indians can make some very good fakes
2. All Pioneers sold in India are NOT fake. Some may be. However all Pioneer sold in India are sold via un authorised dealers and since there is no authorised dealer and hence no pioneer bill or warranty Pioneer does not have to give you any free service and can deny you service if THEY feel that the prodcut is a fake (you cant prove it either way with a bill or warranty). Pioneer prodcuts are not bad. in fact they are quite good. but their business practice in India is not fair.
3. I have never heard BOSS and untill Aseem raised that name never even knew they existted. Many many years ago when I was pretending to be a poor strugling musician in NYC I had come across a BOSS beat synthesizer. I dont know if they are the same. I will STRONGLY recommend to all those here esp the less expereinces to use such brands with extreme caution. If not for sound and build quality, for the after sales service.
4. Many HU are Made in India (actually assembled in India). I have proof. I know the guys who import the kits and some who export them.
5. Dont get fooled by fancy displays. I love the JVC 855 display but I consider the Alpine 9833/9855 a better piece of audio equipment. If you want lights get a christmas tree.

lastly I dont mean to promote a thread I started but there is a small primer on various system configs on this very forum. One reason to put this was to create a ready reckoner and avoid the same question being repeated. feel free to read it....here...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6913

Aseem, I must thank you for all the prices and model numbers you manage to get. It is very good spade work. I was not being sarcastic. I was trying to be polite. Not everyone I know (even my better of friends) want to spend as much on audio as I do. Pioneers are not shrill. Bright maybe but not shrill. I think there is a difference between shrill and bright. It is also a case of the system. mate a bright HU to bright speakers and you might be in for a rude shock. mate a dull HU to a laid back speaker and you'll wonder why you paid good money. Every system is a sum of parts. the Whole MUST be greater than the SUM to make the system worth listening to.

BTW i run my NecVox via a FM modulator so this way it will work with any HU. Remember i am not talking about DTS in the car just some DVDs to enterain my son (hence I spent on NecVox not on Alpine) when we go for long drives. As he is little over 3 we restrict his watching to 45 min per drive besides we enjoy his jabbering too.

Sam, it was nice chatting with you today. Someday we gotta meet. Funny how we have not already.

Last edited by navin : 29th August 2005 at 23:14.
Old 29th August 2005, 23:23   #815
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay
and u call it not much.... Great setup...
you should have seen my contessa then I had used up almost the whole truck building a Tranmission line sub using 3 10" woofers. BTW I made those woofers myself.

Vivek and Sam will know that I used to be really into DIY. Today my attention is divided between the various companies i advise and my family.

Thanks for the vote of confidence though.

BTW somewhere i remember promsing a box design for a 12" Pio sub. I cant remember who it was. if one of you can dig up the name of that TEAM-BHPian I'll be grateful. Sorry but I am really senile. Stupid too. and mad (atleast according to Sam's definition). Does that make me dangerous?
Old 29th August 2005, 23:43   #816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Sorry but i need to say something here (After all this forum does have a little to do with me) Im afraid i do not agree with the Boss suggestion. I've heard the sound on all Boss speakers and theyre quite bad. I would not recommend them to any of my friends here. I know i keep saying that speakers are a matter of opinion, but purely in MY opinion, they're terrible.

There's been a lot of advice given today on this forum, i do not agree with some of it and i think i can safely speak for Navin's disagreement on certain topics here as well (if he will permit me)
Navin ( from addon, bangalore) used to be our distributor in bangalore but not anymore, due to bad business practices. I have no more to say on that account.

Cheers y'all
Sam, when i read this post, I was just wondering... sometimes people recommend different brands considering requirements and limitations. Personally, I feel that since you're so used to hearing exceptional speakers and sounds, and being used to quality products, you dismiss other less purchased brands...

I'm certainly not saying that you're wrong with your suggestions, you're amazing when it comes to car audio. I'm just guessing that you might have overlooked one's budget and to them, even the slighest "boom boom" noise might create big excitement...

Just a thought... Please don't mistake..
Old 29th August 2005, 23:56   #817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
5. Dont get fooled by fancy displays. I love the JVC 855 display but I consider the Alpine 9833/9855 a better piece of audio equipment. If you want lights get a christmas tree. .
quite agree.. I wonder how people really buying pioneer for watching dolphins jump around manage to have an eye on the road too... Rather, can someone justify that they can watch the display and also watch the road, all at the same time??

and Navin, i remember seeing some post where u said you've got the KCA-420i IPOD interface equipment, right? Do you know of any Aux cable thats available which could help connect the IPod to the 9833... I came across some website which said that the KCA-420i costs around 7k in Indian bucks, i'm not too sure. I honestly won't be able to invest a lot more on the audio now, i guess...

is there any Aux cable which can connect the ipod to the HU and also control the Ipod via the HU???

Tx
Old 30th August 2005, 07:06   #818
BHPian

`Navin I need a design for a 12"pio sub
Old 30th August 2005, 09:14   #819
BHPian

Forgot to mention.......I got this Pioneer sub from Ludhiana and the guy there fitted it in a Huge Box---Its like a 1 Foot in Height Suitcase.........So, Please Advise as to how the Box should be...
Old 30th August 2005, 09:17   #820
BHPian

Ajay.......there is a Aux cable but it depends if your HU is Ipod ready........Actuallly the Aux cable can connect to any MP3 player but you cannot control the Ipod from the HU.......Cost of the the cable here in Blore is 1400 rs..........If you want to control your IPOD via the HU then you will need the KCA420I Alpine IPOD connector/charger etc.......its retails at about $170 canadian dollars.....
Old 30th August 2005, 09:18   #821
BHPian

IPOD Adapter

Quote:
quite agree.. I wonder how people really buying pioneer for watching dolphins jump around manage to have an eye on the road too... Rather, can someone justify that they can watch the display and also watch the road, all at the same time??

and Navin, i remember seeing some post where u said you've got the KCA-420i IPOD interface equipment, right? Do you know of any Aux cable thats available which could help connect the IPod to the 9833... I came across some website which said that the KCA-420i costs around 7k in Indian bucks, i'm not too sure. I honestly won't be able to invest a lot more on the audio now, i guess...

is there any Aux cable which can connect the ipod to the HU and also control the Ipod via the HU???

Tx

<<<<Ajay.......there is a Aux cable but it depends if your HU is Ipod ready........Actuallly the Aux cable can connect to any MP3 player but you cannot control the Ipod from the HU.......Cost of the the cable here in Blore is 1400 rs..........If you want to control your IPOD via the HU then you will need the KCA420I Alpine IPOD connector/charger etc.......its retails at about $170 canadian dollars.>>>>
Old 30th August 2005, 09:40   #822
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
and Navin, i remember seeing some post where u said you've got the KCA-420i IPOD interface equipment, right?... I came across some website which said that the KCA-420i costs around 7k in Indian bucks...is there any Aux cable which can connect the ipod to the HU and also control the Ipod via the HU???
1. I do not have the KCA 420i but have placed orders for 2 with my dealer.

2. They cost about Rs. 6K each.

3. There are plenty of cables that can connect the line out of teh ipod to the aux in of any HU but they do not do 2 things
a) allow you to control the ipod from the HU
b) display the ID3 tags on the HU

this means you have to use the ipod controls and display. Not for me since I want to hide the ipod in the glove compartment. I would have wished the KCA420 cable be long enough for me to hide the ipod in the trunk as a car left in the sun gets a lot less hot in the trunk (no green house effect). Also in teh trunk you have more room to incorporate a good suspension and mount for the ipod.
Old 30th August 2005, 09:42   #823
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswings
`Navin I need a design for a 12"pio sub
PM me your email. I can send you a pic. then you can post it here as i am not smart enough to do that. ok?
Old 30th August 2005, 11:18   #824
BHPian

Quote:
PM me your email. I can send you a pic. then you can post it here as i am not smart enough to do that. ok?
<<Waiting for you to send me the pictre of the box for pionneer sub at prgrewal@gmail.com>>>
Old 30th August 2005, 11:21   #825
BHPian

Subwoofer BOX????

Hi Sam,

Thinking of putting a subwoofer in my esteem. I am going for a box only, but i am in a confusion whether to go for a sub(speaker) + box or to buy a readymade sub box from JBL. How do u compare these two options? Basically I feel the readymade box will give out a clean sound as the box is custom built for that very subwoofer.

Please put ur views on this.

How is the speaker(sub) inside these readymade subs compare to the speaker(sub) seperately available from JBL?

And also can you give the prices of GTO1000B and GTO1200B.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks