Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2005, 14:45   #961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Hello Navin,

JBL seems to make a 6-channel amp - the GTO 755.6 that has almost the exact same specifications. What are the differences between both of these?

Sam,
Is the JBL GTO 755.6 available in India? If yes, how much does it cost?

Thanks!

Last edited by johnjacob : 3rd September 2005 at 14:46.
Old 3rd September 2005, 21:33   #962
BHPian

Any comments on diffrent setup

Any comments on this diffrent setup. SUB to be driven directly off the HU

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...d=1#post114591
Old 3rd September 2005, 22:47   #963
BHPian

hi ASEEM & Others
I went to the market again in Chandigarh and found the Sony's 5510 attractive.
As Aseem mentioned that ur using 5510/5610 What the major difference between the two? and which speakers hv you coupled it with? I am deciding between Pioneer's 5750 - Rs 6800 and Sony's 5510/5610 - Rs 5400. Please make sure u mention the speakers and what would be a Gud setup under 12000 INR, Thnks.

And yes guys Pioneer has started Its Authorised SALES/SERVICE/REPAIRS in India, Its under the brand name of AutoCOP. They have their catalogues printed mentioning each and every product in detail with Indian Addresses. And I am getting the 5750 from Authorised Pioneer Guy with warranty for Rs 12,750 - Huge Difference

Last edited by zzzehar : 3rd September 2005 at 22:53.
Old 3rd September 2005, 23:08   #964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar
hi ASEEM & Others
I went to the market again in Chandigarh and found the Sony's 5510 attractive.
As Aseem mentioned that ur using 5510/5610 What the major difference between the two? and which speakers hv you coupled it with? I am deciding between Pioneer's 5750 - Rs 6800 and Sony's 5510/5610 - Rs 5400. Please make sure u mention the speakers and what would be a Gud setup under 12000 INR, Thnks.

And yes guys Pioneer has started Its Authorised SALES/SERVICE/REPAIRS in India, Its under the brand name of AutoCOP. They have their catalogues printed mentioning each and every product in detail with Indian Addresses. And I am getting the 5750 from Authorised Pioneer Guy with warranty for Rs 12,750 - Huge Difference
Hi Zehar, I have the Sony 5510 in my Santro and its a decent VFM system. Like I stated earlier, Sony HU's sound better than Pioneer, however the Pioneer HU's look better. Although 5510 is a very decent sober looking unit. So based on whether you want to impress your freinds with dolphins (Pioneer ) or just have good music (Sony), you can make a decision. In the Santro I went for 5510, in my Swift I was contemplating the Pioneer 6750 for 7.5k but ended up getting the Sony 8800 for 13k. Sony 8800 has dolphins too best of both worlds eh eh!
The difference between 5510 and 5610 is nominal. So go for either.
Regarding the speakers in Santro, I went for Blankpunt 4 inch fronts and Pioneer 4 channel in the rear. Blankpunt costed 1200 and Pioneer costed around 3k.
However it was a very bad decision to go for the speakers mentioned above. I WONT recommend them to anyone. At that time my brother had got it done in one day! The Blankpunt are so shrill, its like they are made for BATS! They virtually eat my brain out! The pioneers are ok.
However if I was to go for a setup for 12k this is what I would do now:

1) Use Sony HU for 5.5k
2) Front components JBL/Boston/Sony of 5": 4-5k
3) Any co-axial in the rear for around : 2k

Always remember that contrary to the common misconception, one should always have better speakers in the fronts than the rears.

So this makes your total budget to 12k

First upgrade:
1) Sony 504Z 4 channel amp for 4k

Second upgrade:
1) A subwoofer for the bass from 3k onwards

Third uprade:
1) Change the damn car damn it!!!
Old 3rd September 2005, 23:55   #965
Senior - BHPian

Gosh. I'm so exhausted I can barely stand... I took elivery of my Indica V2 DLS today morning and I've been runnin around non-stop. Got alloys fit in [Aura] and i've got my JBL 936e and 505e... ...

Only regret is that the Indica door speaker slot can only accomodate 5 1/4" speakers and not the 6063 [70 rms]...... I'm gettin them installed tomorrow and can't wait to listen to some kik %*$ muzicccccc...... God, gimme some patience and sleep....
Old 4th September 2005, 00:08   #966
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay
Gosh. I'm so exhausted I can barely stand... I took elivery of my Indica V2 DLS today morning and I've been runnin around non-stop. Got alloys fit in [Aura] and i've got my JBL 936e and 505e... ...

Only regret is that the Indica door speaker slot can only accomodate 5 1/4" speakers and not the 6063 [70 rms]...... I'm gettin them installed tomorrow and can't wait to listen to some kik %*$ muzicccccc...... God, gimme some patience and sleep....
the BEST feeling in the world na?
Old 4th September 2005, 00:15   #967
Distinguished - BHPian

oh boyoboy, finished another day at the audio exhibition. Feet cant take much more of this. Autopsyche came by today and we discussed audio and car mods. Thinking of doing a JBL demo car together

In further news on the Palio heeheehee I never heard so many what the f**ks in my whole life and oh oh jee yeh kya hai ?

(Itna saara sound se, kaan kharaab nahi hota hai?)

(Only TWO woofers in the car??)

Uncle is thinking "Peeche ki seat kahaan hai bhai??"

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 4th September 2005 at 00:18.
Old 4th September 2005, 00:28   #968
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjacob
Hello Navin,

JBL seems to make a 6-channel amp - the GTO 755.6 that has almost the exact same specifications. What are the differences between both of these?

Sam,
Is the JBL GTO 755.6 available in India? If yes, how much does it cost?

Thanks!
Hi!

We may have some at the godown i'll check. It's not very popular because of the price, it costs about 20 or 22k. Want me to find out if we have it?
Old 4th September 2005, 01:36   #969
Senior - BHPian

Hey again Sam, sorry could not say goodbyes to you before i left i guess u were stuck upstairs for a while. It was great catching up with you and thank you for sharing all that information with me and the other guys...

Will try to catch up again with you guys on monday morning hopefully when manti takes his spin! Cheers~
Old 4th September 2005, 12:44   #970
BHPian

JVC MP3/cassette Combo or sony Cassette&Cd Changer

I want a cassette player and MP3 Player both. (Many would advice, Cassette is redundant - I would agree but still want it for other reasons) for my new Swift.(Am based in Hyderabad)

So, the choice for me is between these two

1) JVC Double Din Kw-Xc838 for Rs. 9000/- in Hyderabad.

http://www.araygroup.com/product.php?pId=25.

or

2) Sony XR-F5100 For Rs. 5200/-

http://www.sonyindia.co.in/sonyindia...dio/index.html
+
Add to this a 10CD Sony MP3 Changer for Rs. 7000/-

Sound Quality is of utmost importance to me. which is a better unit sound quality wise JVC Double Din or a sony Cassette&CD Changer?

The speaker setup(this is what i have in mind for now at least) for it will be

1) JBL 606c 6.5" Compo system for Rs. 6000/- in the front doors.(Swift I"m told has space for 6.5" compos)

2) Got to decide on other speakers and amp still. A 4 channel amp and JBL 6x9" gto 936 or 4 channel amp and a good sub.

But first help me witht he choice of the Head Unit.

Thank you.

PS. Must say this forum rocks. Bumbed into it while googling yesterday night at around 9. REad and read till around 1:00 Am. and have been again at it since 10:AM. Must say, am amazed at the knowledge and nature of this forum. Feel really glad and Proud to be a part of it....!!

Waiting for your help.
Old 4th September 2005, 12:59   #971
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well im not the right one on this forum to advise u on in car entertainment but have been in contact with sam,aseem and naveen for a couple of days now and thru their experience have finalised a setup on my car..can help if u tell us ur budget..bcoz it all depends on how much u wanna spend..
Old 4th September 2005, 13:22   #972
BHPian

I plan to spend a total around Rs. 25,000/- for the entire setup. HU, front compos, other speakers, amp, cables, installation, all inclusive.
Old 4th September 2005, 13:51   #973
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well taking into consideration that ur budget is 25k,here is what u can do..
1. sony 5800 HU..vcd/mp3 player for about 8k(hoping u want to upgrade to vcd) or sony 5510 mp3 HU for 6k if u dont want vcd capability..pioneer 5750 for 6.5k is also vfm though aseem thinks pioneers are brighter than the sony HU..
2. JBL components in the front either GTO506Ce(5.25") - Rs 5500 or GTO606Ce(6") - Rs 6000..components are much favoured on this forum than coaxials..
3. sony 6937(350w,3 way speakers) for 2.5k at the rear used as fillers either in a parcel tray(sam and aseem advise against this) or in a box enclosure..
4. sony 504z(4 channel) amplifier for 4k,conecting the components and the coaxials in parallel to the front channel(will loose out on fader though) and use the rear channel to drive the sub..
5. JBL cs1200t tube type sub for 5k or or JBL 1200b box type sub if u prefer deep bass for 7-8k..
well so thats about it..take ur pick..also read this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...?t=7332&page=3
will help u..btw which car do u have..
Old 4th September 2005, 13:55   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
We may have some at the godown i'll check. It's not very popular because of the price, it costs about 20 or 22k. Want me to find out if we have it?
Hey Sam, thanks but I am not in the market just yet! Maruti is asking me to wait seven months to get my Swift (which I booked just a few weeks ago) so I'll get the car only around March.

So mebbe around Feb I'll get back to you... By which time I'm sure you'll have the super duper uber kool 2006 line-up as well, right?
Old 4th September 2005, 14:08   #975
BHPian

Thank you for your help McLaren but I do not want a VCD player, just want sound - pure sound.

Also, my basic question - JVC combo or a separate cassette player with a CD Changer - still remains. What say other guys?I had a chance to compare Sony and Pioneer speakers. I wouldn't prefer sony speakers at least.

Hey, Sam, Navin, Aseem and other guys what suggestions would you give?

Btw, John, I got my swift Lxi in 10 days flat (wanted a vxi,but it would take 25 days so got lxi in 10 days.)A dealer in Hyderabad is arranging for it - if you are interested, i can give you the contact. ONly thing is we cannot be very particular about the colour or the variant. He gave me an option of Black vxi or Silver Lxi - I wanted silver swift so settled for Lxi. Am adding on power windows, remote locking and stuff now.

Most Viewed