Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2005, 11:24   #1006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundManiac
And for K_Ajay:
Congrats man.

But I couldn't see any amp in your config. If I'm not wrong JBL 936 are rated RMS 100 and 506 compos at 50W Rms. Is the power of the head unit enough to drive these speakers?I'm new to this car audio thing you see, but am just curious

Also, Can you give the prices at which you got these?
Hey Maniac: Thanks... I haven't got an amp yet and am looking at the Sony XM 504z... costs about 5400/- with B&W post discount... Navin always keeps recommending adding an amp as the HU would perform better with its internal amp closed... So I guess I would add one pretty soon. But for the record, it looks like the JBLs hardly need an amp... It sounds sooo amazing with the Alpine 9833....

Navin: Do you have an idea how I could shut down the amp in the HU? I'm still finding my way around with the manual...

McLaren: Thanks buddy. the 936e ovals give you so much thump that you hardly need a sub.... If you're having these, you need to be close to crazy to get a sub, then there would be tooooo much bass.... I figure I could do without a sub for now.... My budget for accessories could have fetched me a decent sub 60k two wheeler...

Prices of the items:

JBL 506e Components: 5500/-
JBL 936E 3 way Ovals: 4750/-
Alpine 9833 HU: 19k [with B & W, B'lore price]

Cheers,
AK
Old 5th September 2005, 11:51   #1007
BHPian

Ajay, what size boxes are you using for your 936s? I have been planning to build the boxes (DIY you see) but have never got around to building them. I still use the speakers in the original JBL packaging.
Old 5th September 2005, 12:01   #1008
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay
...Navin always keeps recommending adding an amp as the HU would perform better with its internal amp closed... So I guess I would add one pretty soon. But for the record, it looks like the JBLs hardly need an amp... It sounds sooo amazing with the Alpine 9833....

Navin: Do you have an idea how I could shut down the amp in the HU? I'm still finding my way around with the manual...
good to hear this.
the amp will have 3 wires coming to it's power ckt. power, ground and remote. the remote wire will trigger it to go on and off when the HU is turned on and off.
Old 5th September 2005, 12:03   #1009
BHPian

Navin, if the external amp is placed at the back of the car, where do we take the +12V supply and ground from?
I was showing my mother where the JBL 936s will be placed and how the sub and amplifier will take up all the space in my Alto's small luggage space. I take it she was not pleased with what I am about to do.

Last edited by Vivekphadnis : 5th September 2005 at 12:05.
Old 5th September 2005, 12:17   #1010
Senior - BHPian

Post above got repeated.. This is deleted.

Last edited by k_ajay : 5th September 2005 at 12:34.
Old 5th September 2005, 12:27   #1011
Senior - BHPian

Hey Navin. Hows you..... I'm enjoying muzic in my car now, its an excellent setup, partly becuz of the 9833...

Now, I really want your advice on whether I need to for a Sony amp or not... I've read in a lot of your posts recommending one, buy my installer and the JBL dealer here who helped me buy their speakers said I don't really need one....

Please tell me how installing one is going to better the sound, and what would happen if I'm not going to install one... I understand that the speakers are 55W and 100W rms and that the HU cannot support the speakers for optimum performance, but since it already sounds excellent, what would the amp do now???

Plus, would using the 9833's internal amp increase the load on it and not let it perform to its best??? Also, I did note that beyond the volume of 22-23, the speakers start jarring a lil... Is this common [happens on every audio setup??] or would it stop from happening once I fit an amp?? I want the cleanest sound even at high decibels and if an amp is going to help, I'd certainly get it...

I currently don't have much left to buy the best 4 channel amp so I'd have to settle for something around 5k [Sony 504z], so please also advice if its bang for the buck... I might have asked this many times before, but please put up with my confusion / apprehension....

Thanks..

AK
Old 5th September 2005, 12:29   #1012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
Ajay, what size boxes are you using for your 936s? I have been planning to build the boxes (DIY you see) but have never got around to building them. I still use the speakers in the original JBL packaging.
I didn't go for boxes vivek... Just put a 1" mdf board and got the speakers on 'em. They support good, the log is a bl**dy heavy weight with the speakers on 'em...

Indica's boot isn't too much, so boxes wouldn't be practical... Plus, the 1" MDF really holds...

Old 5th September 2005, 12:32   #1013
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

guys was surfing the sony website and came across this product..sony XS-HT170SN components(17 cm, 2way):
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/7...snlagre1ef.jpg

FEATURES• Peak Power: 240W
• Rated input Power: 60W
• Frequency Response: 50Hz-20kHz
• Senstivity: 89dB/W/m Woofer• Vacuum Formed Polypropylene
•Barium Magnet
•Butyl Rubber Edge Tweeter• 25mm Polyester Soft Drone
• 23.5mm Neodymium Magnet
• Polyester Edge

need ur reviews on this product over the components from JBL and others in the same league..sam where do u disappear to when we need u ...

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 5th September 2005 at 12:37.
Old 5th September 2005, 13:07   #1014
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi

Kabhi toh you call me the friendly neighbourhood audiohero.
Phir baad mein sab ke saamne spring chicken bol diya.
Ayy, where were you Navin. I missed you 2 days.
I'm returning to mumbai tomorrow.
dude. remember we are a bit shorthanded at home. we are waiting for you to arrive!

well ever heard of an old superhero. you maybe be a sring chicken but i still think you are good (you can drop the second "o" when convienent).
Old 5th September 2005, 13:29   #1015
BHPian

Music system for Swift

Hi

I am to start with quite clueless on music systems for cars .. however I went ahead and installed the following in my car

Head unit - JVC XC 838 ( Cassette and CD COMBO INR - 9000 )
Speakers - GTO 936 - 3 way speaker (With a tray in the rear INR 4750 bought these based on what i read on this thread)
Speakers - Sony 2 way in the front ( cost me 1500 for the pair)

Now the problem is am not quite satisfied with the sound , The mids are not very pronounced and nor are the highs , I have tried different settings but not managed to get sound which is acceptable to me.

I would appreciate your help in getting this sorted out , any suggestion / diff combinations within the same budget would also be helpfull since I just I bought this system about two days back and the dealer is willing to exchange

Old 5th September 2005, 13:56   #1016
BHPian

rchimni, get components for the front (better option) or JBL/Alpine/Blaupunkt coaxials for the front. Return the Sony if possible.
Old 5th September 2005, 14:28   #1017
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now, I really want your advice on whether I need to for a Sony amp or not... I've read in a lot of your posts recommending one, buy my installer and the JBL dealer here who helped me buy their speakers said I don't really need one....
...Also, I did note that beyond the volume of 22-23, the speakers start jarring a lil... .I currently don't have much left to buy the best 4 channel amp so I'd have to settle for something around 5k [Sony 504z], so please also advice if its bang for the buck...
Maybe the JBL dealer can talk to Sam then :-) LOL

Get an amp. I know the sony 504 is not the smoothest sounding amp but it will still aleviate the load on the HU.

about the jarring...it all depends what is causing teh jarring if it is the intall it wont help if it amplifier overload it will. it is kinda diffcult to tell unless you give us more info to go on. what type of jarring, does it happen when certain notes are played, etc...
Old 5th September 2005, 14:32   #1018
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
... Just put a 1" mdf board and got the speakers on 'em. They support good, the log is a bl**dy heavy weight with the speakers on 'em...
if you wanta strong deck that can be lifeted by teh hatch build one out of resin bonded fiberglass. about 3-4mm will work.
Old 5th September 2005, 15:52   #1019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Maybe the JBL dealer can talk to Sam then :-) LOL

Get an amp. I know the sony 504 is not the smoothest sounding amp but it will still aleviate the load on the HU.

about the jarring...it all depends what is causing teh jarring if it is the intall it wont help if it amplifier overload it will. it is kinda diffcult to tell unless you give us more info to go on. what type of jarring, does it happen when certain notes are played, etc...
I'm guessing its not to do with any incorrect installation... The jarring is juz becuz of good bass and when you turn the volume real high... 22-23 on the 9833, when your listening to Eminem...

I only wanted to know if its natural and if it would go if I add an amp... Maybe I'm unable to explain what kinda jarring it is... Juz the sound at higher volumes... And no, it isn't a thing that occurs on some notes specially... Kinda to do with higher volumes where the emphasis is on bass..[hip-hop, rap genre]...

Thanks ---- AK
Old 5th September 2005, 15:54   #1020
BHPian

Music system for swift

Any comment on the HU jvc xc 838 ?? will try your suggestion an d revert ,

Any other suggestions anybody ???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks