Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2005, 15:20   #1096
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay
Why don't u substitute some technical stuff into simpler examples. Reason being 1) not many [inc myself] are/would be able to comprehend what your trying to say and 2) the expert advise you dispense might finally go unused...

You and Sam are doing so much for this form and thread, and I strongly feel everything you say must make sense in a low reach level, so we all can benefit from it... Right navin? becuz most ppl coming here for advice on car audio I guess aren't technically qualified to understand what your saying, a blessed few like Vivek are able to make more sense of what your saying, grasp easily... as you guys are on the same wave length..

Pardon me if I've said something you didn't like.. I'm sure you'd agree that students always have a 1000 requests with teachers...

Thanks
No Ajay, I think it works well that i offer the simpler answers and Navin offers the complicated ones. Thats why we're together on this. Audio complications are a way of living with Navin and I like him too much the way he is to request him to change.
Besides, I'm sure he'll tell you he's too old/senile/eccentric to change lol
If you ever cant understand his learned posts, ask me baba, thats where i fit in.
Please dont ever change, old man. Thanks
Old 6th September 2005, 15:28   #1097
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi

Somebody mentioned that every thread Aseem posts on becomes misunderstood and controversial. It's true. I couldn't agree more.
that was me sam..but come on guys sam,navin i can understand what exactly u are talking about about......but i dont think this is the way to let our frustration show by making our views public(come on guys we are all grown up now,not kids anymore)..this will only hamper the spirit of this thread..i feel each one can give his own opinions but all depends on whether the person seeking advise is willing to follow which advise..so it doesnt make sense each one trying to point fingers at the other..its better we all post our views and let that particular person decide whose advise he wants to abide by..we all are the members of a family called tbhp,so we got to learn to handle such issues without creating fury or fuss..by the way i think aseem has already got enough of criticism from other threads too and it would be better if all this mess stops..we all come here to gain knowledge and also share what we know..all this can only lead to spoiling the spirit of the thread and at the most the mods could ban aseem,but thats not why we are here for..live and let live is all i would ask for..if sam and navin still find aseems post offending pls just ignore it na guys..
hope everything ends on a good note..

PS: im not taking anyones side here just posting so that the good spirits are kept up!!! mods i request u delete all the posts that will lead further to agression..
sam,naveen if u find this offending pls forgive me,was just trying to get my thoughts across..live and let live!!!
Old 6th September 2005, 15:52   #1098
Team-BHP Support

I think we have all said enough.

I do try to keep the ammount of technical jargon in my posts down. You shoudl see what i type on other forums. :-)

I will try to be even more simple in my explanation but what I seem to notice is that...

1. since my knowledge is dated I cannot provide advise on prices and models - Sam and others cover that
2. I try to use peoples interest in audio to get them to understand some theory. this way they can figure out their problems faster without having to wait for someone on the forums to reply. (teach a man to fish instead of feeding them fish).
3. sometimes I might even be hiding my indequacies behind all this "mumbo jumbo".

In the interst of making my posts more readable I will try to tone things down but dont expect too much guys. come on. what i really would like to do is educate enough so people can learn to make decisions based on their expereinces. then the knowledge base of this forum rapdily expands. if you know what to look for you will find what you are looking for. right guys?

Now what we need are some nice audio queries so that we are back on track.

BTW selective just PMed me for a good HU at 12-14K. I suggestd the alpine 9827 but dont knwo the price. anyone? any other HUs that might fit the bill. he also wants some sensitive speakers so he can live with the system so he can do without an amp (for now). selective your mail box is full. hence i had to make this public.
Old 6th September 2005, 15:59   #1099
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey I got the same PM too lol and I couldnt reply to selective.

It's a pretty foregone fact that all JBL speakers are more sensitive than they should be. (Often like some of us) I always recommend these, even though i could be accused of promoting my brand shamelessly
I have also quite enjoyed the GT series from Blaupunkt (even though i advocate buying speakers from a speaker manufacturer only)
I also know you, Navin are a little partial to Alpine speakers. Any particular reason?
Old 6th September 2005, 16:11   #1100
BANNED

Quote:
I always recommend these, even though i could be accused of promoting my brand shamelessly
not to worry sam none of us think that way..we all know what u are talking about when u recommend a brand..u have been working with JBL for quite sometime and perhaps u know the quality stuff the JBLs are capable off..so thats y u recommend them right,bcoz u know how well the product works and hence share that trust that u have for JBL products with the not so knowledgeble people like me and not for marketting !!! am i right??
by the way selective had msged me too about the HU..waiting for ur inputs sam on his request..
Old 6th September 2005, 16:17   #1101
Team-BHP Support

no particular reason only i find them a bit brighter than alpine. If I would do this again I would have got Infinity instead of Alpine but that is water under a bridge.

I even thought of upgrading when my FIL gets his swfit but the Alpine (6" front and 4" rear) components wont go into a swift (the front would). I could upgrade just the front Alpines to infinity though? would you recommend that.

a) upgrade alpine to infinity in the front, let the rear alpines be
b) get alpines in the front of the swift and some other coax speaker (JBL 636) in the rear?

Unfortunately I dont know if Infinity makes the 6" with EMIT or only the 6x9". My guess is the later.
Old 6th September 2005, 16:19   #1102
Team-BHP Support

JBL makes some Killer Pro speakers. Oh god I really wish I could get those B460 (2245) back. The best bass I ever heard in a system owned by me. 2 B460s (one per channel).
Old 6th September 2005, 16:21   #1103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
2. I try to use peoples interest in audio to get them to understand some theory. this way they can figure out their problems faster without having to wait for someone on the forums to reply. (teach a man to fish instead of feeding them fish).

I suggestd the alpine 9827 but dont knwo the price. anyone? any other HUs that might fit the bill.
Totally agree with you on the "Teach one fishing than to give the Fish" thing... Your thought of letting someone figure out things based on the knowledge you dispense is healthy idea...

Alpine 9827 was the original HU i was planning to buy, it comes at 14k in Chennai, B'lore prices shud be cheaper with B&W...
Old 6th September 2005, 16:24   #1104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Audio complications are a way of living with Navin and I like him too much the way he is to request him to change....Please dont ever change, old man. Thanks
Yes at a audio show one journalist even whispered to a manfacturer that "Navin is never satisfied he gets the urge to modify everything".

besides about me changing...I cant even if I tried!
Old 6th September 2005, 16:26   #1105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
...share that trust that u have for JBL products with the not so knowledgeble people like me and not for marketting !!! am i right??
by the way selective had msged me too about the HU..waiting for ur inputs sam on his request..
Absolutely correct. Thanks.

I wanted to recommend to Selective, but i couldnt PM him so I hop he reads here. Selective said he was going to buy an amp later, but now he had 20k to spend.
I recommend JBL GTO606Ce and GTO636e in the rear. From his post I gather he listens to a lot of soothing music and likes it clear.
Well I'm going to stick to my usual order and ask him to buy a mid end alpine deck for about 10k.
That'll give him money left over for red wine. I recommend the Australian Yellowtail. It's bright and fruity and if used correctly, can get the lady a wee bit frisky too.
As Navin would say, that is a post for a different forum.
Old 6th September 2005, 16:30   #1106
Team-BHP Support

...and JBL (the man not the company) fathered loudspeaker / transducer design and you know that for a old foggie like that means a lot.

The company was later merged into Altec Lansing that now makes my multimedia speakers (6200) and my ipod boombox (IM7). Altec too made killer Pro speakers like the Sentry E.

BTW someone owns a Black Lancer with about 20+ JBL stickers on it. I cant show all the pics becuase

a) I cant. I am an idiot when it comes to posting them on the net because you got to reduce the size and i dont know how to do that.
b) A few of them show the licence plate and I wold have to really know who to use Photoshop to clear that out.
Old 6th September 2005, 16:32   #1107
Team-BHP Support

I like the Yellowtail (I prefer Chardonay, my wife prefers Shiraz). nice wine. gosh sam you are a man after my own (hic) heart!

Last edited by navin : 6th September 2005 at 16:37.
Old 6th September 2005, 16:35   #1108
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's the picture Navin sent me. Who is this guy? I want to hug him. Talk about an enthusiastic customer

Old 6th September 2005, 16:39   #1109
Team-BHP Support

he had 2 boxes of JBL tissues on the dash too. :-)
Old 6th September 2005, 16:42   #1110
BANNED

Quote:
Who is this guy? I want to hug him. Talk about an enthusiastic customer

thats it just a hug for all those stickers!!!
i was wondering u would turn this car into a democar, something similar to the eyeballer sam or better..hahaha !!!!
thats one JBL fan eh...good going sam !!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks