Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2005, 16:42   #1111
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Who is this guy? I want to hug him. Talk about an enthusiastic customer

thats it just a hug for all those stickers!!!
i was wondering u would turn this car into a democar, something similar to the eyeballer sam or better..hahaha !!!!
thats one JBL fan eh...good going sam !!!!
Old 6th September 2005, 16:45   #1112
BANNED

Quote:
& the flag of India....
I will honestly give him a pair of speakers free. I'm not kidding. If anybody knows who's car that is, ask him to PM me.
well in that case i better hed off to the nearest shop that sells JBL stickers and put it all over my car!! sam would appreciate if u can send my parcel(read two speakers free) asap..
Old 6th September 2005, 16:49   #1113
Team-BHP Support

this was the bonnet. the rear deck had 4 6x9s on it. the sides had a string of stickers each external mirror had a JBL sticker. check out the JBL poster on his bonnet. the car is MH-04 registered i think.
Old 6th September 2005, 16:50   #1114
Team-BHP Support

mclaren, Sam never said which JBL speakers! :-)
Old 6th September 2005, 16:53   #1115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
he had 2 boxes of JBL tissues on the dash too. :-)
Sam, Navin, McLaren,

Thank you all for your inputs. I do observe this thread regularly. And I do see few people being active here and giving valuable suggessions. So I PMed all of them to get their views and I will take my own decision and finalize on the right audio configuration for my Swift.

I tried to get Nakamichi, but in one of the american online forums, learned that Nak skips a lot on bad roads! So on Indian roads I am sure it will choke, so dropped the idea. Otherwise that was my preference for HU.

So I guess, I am finalising on Alpine 9827, JBL GTO606Ce in the front and GTO636e in the rear.

And Navin, I like Chardonay too! CHEERS! :-)

I wish I could contribute to this forum in some way, but when you experts are here, then nothing much I can do except asking for your help! Thanks a lot to all of you.

If there is any question on WiFi or WiMax then I can be handy! ;-)
Old 6th September 2005, 16:54   #1116
BANNED

Quote:
im sure sam will be quite kind enough to give me two state of the art subs..sam hope u wont dissappoint me !!!
Old 6th September 2005, 17:01   #1117
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective
Sam, Navin, McLaren,

Nak skips a lot on bad roads! So on Indian roads I am sure it will choke, so dropped the idea. Otherwise that was my preference for HU.
thats true selective..my cousin had a nak HU in his zen which he got about 3yrs back..dont know which model bcoz i wasnt interested in HU and speakers then(had to get thru my schooling rather than stuff like these)..he had the same problem and the case worsened and he had to give it for repair..i think the HU is lying with the service centre since 7 months..btw he sold his zen and is using a rd350..so not bothered about collecting it back..some people huh!!!
Old 6th September 2005, 17:04   #1118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
im sure sam will be quite kind enough to give me two state of the art subs..sam hope u wont dissappoint me !!!

You know you will put us out of business. If I had to give away 2 subs to you for putting JBL stickers on your car....
The only people in business after that would be the guys that make JBL stickers!

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 6th September 2005 at 17:08.
Old 6th September 2005, 17:11   #1119
BANNED

Quote:
You know you will put us out of business. If I had to give away 2 subs to you for putting JBL stickers on his car....
The only people in business would be the guys that make JBL stickers!
i agree but u must take into consideration the amount of publicity u will get if i take my car with all those stickers sam,potentially and commercially u will gain more than with the loss ul have by gifting me the two subs..damn cant use smilys to make my posts more interesting, i think courtesy mods...shouldnt have used them excessively in the 1st place..
Old 6th September 2005, 17:17   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Hi! I dont appreciate you pulling a jibe at Navin. I really dont.
Neither did I. I am a regular at this forum. I have learnt a lot from Navin and you. I have been watching Aseem making these snide remarks abt you, and thought of reacting; but decided against it.
Now that you have raised the matter, I fully agree with you.

\N
Old 6th September 2005, 17:45   #1121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LMAO.... Sam didn't even mention that he'd give JBL speakers But then I don't think he would give anything away either...

Last edited by k_ajay : 6th September 2005 at 17:52.
Old 6th September 2005, 18:05   #1122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
& the flag of India....
I like this guy a lot. Will he please identify himself? I will honestly give him a pair of speakers free. I'm not kidding. If anybody knows who's car that is, ask him to PM me.
Hmmmm... Sam, now that I've bought the JBL speakers myself and I won't be able to enter your contest, why don't you gimme lotsa stickers and tissue boxes instead

Btw, I have the "Caution! High Decibels" JBL sticker on my tailgate windshield.... Would that qualify for me to get a sub??? JK

Last edited by k_ajay : 6th September 2005 at 18:07.
Old 6th September 2005, 18:08   #1123
BHPian

Guys,

Is there any car accessories shop you trust in Bangalore who has all and can install the following config in my car? And ofcourse the shop should have all originals and no duplicates!

Alpine 9827, JBL or Boston front components and JBL or Sony rear triaxials.

Let me know and thanks a lot in advance.

Last edited by Selective : 6th September 2005 at 18:09.
Old 6th September 2005, 18:13   #1124
Senior - BHPian

Selective, if you want to go with Alpine HU and JBL speakers, I'd recommend the JBL Exclusive shop in B'lore which is on the corner of Lavelle road and V Mallaya road.. I went there to get my Alpine 9833.. PM me if you want a contact #.
Sam could help you better as its an exclusive JBL shop + sells other brands too...[ with B&W]

Last edited by k_ajay : 6th September 2005 at 18:15.
Old 6th September 2005, 18:43   #1125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
cool!

BTW my post (from which this reference probably comes) was tounge in cheek (I did call Sam a spring chicken - this was very tounge in cheek) and while I have been a DIY for many years I have not spent 1 minute in the audio industry. Please try to keep things less personal Aseem, I have never been anything but polite.
Navin dude... please. That dig was meant for Vivek who had posted the following:
"I have a 8 years back ground in electronics with DIY....", not you. In any case it was to make light of the fact that I dont have much experience in this field. I highly value your inputs and will never say something about you in a bad taste.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks