Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2005, 01:40   #1051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Zzehar, I have two cars, an Esteem and a Swift. Below is the setup of both the cars:

Swift:
1) Sony 8800
2) Fronts JBL components 6k
3) Rear JBL co-axials 3.5k

Esteem:
1) Sony 3300
2) Kenwood 700Rs local fronts
3) Pioneer 3k rear
4) 2 channel boom boom amp
5) 1000 Watt Pioneer subwoofer

Esteem used to sound pretty good in the beginning, but in time the amplifier due to clipping has began to die down. The sound is always coming from the back. I can hardly make out all instruments that are playing, and the system just basically sucks to the core. To think I invested 17k in it makes me think of myself as a fool. On the Swift I have spent around 22k, and the setup simply rocks although incomplete. Firstly music is well distributed, I can hear all the instruments, it doesnt sound out of breadth like the Esteem system. Treat for the ears.

I will not recommend you to go for expensive ovals in rear with an amplifier as opposed to decent speakers. As there are better ways to spend your money. Just tell me your budget and I will figure something out for you. Please do not go for REAR SPEAKERS if budget is an issue but do go for components. Rear speakers contrary to the popular belief spoil the sound stage of the car. Use them only as fillers, or best, do without them.

Lastly although Sam doesnt recommend, Sony speakers. I know there is a decent sounding Sony component system that starts at 4.5k.
Boston components also start in the same range.
Thank you for ur reply Aseem.
I amvery very Impressed by the this forum. and Belive even when I am home, the whole day I am lookig forward to get to office so that I can read the much awaited suggesstions sent by all of you. GOD BLESS THE CREATOR OF THIS FORUM.
And believe me, The way You, Sam, Navin and Others explain every Itt Bitt of Car Audio, Its really a wondeful download that makes you feel more confident and secure about the way you are gonna spend your money.

Ok Now coming to my Issue,

I am very impressed by ur explanation of the Output/Performance given by JBL Components.
Ok as of now I hv a budget of around Rs 10,000 - Rs 12,000 which can be upgraded later depending upon the salaries I get in forthcoming months

Having said that, Even in the start I would need crystal clear sound with good bass and all the highs, mids and lows.

What do you say abt the following Option?
1. Sony 5510 HU - Rs 5400
2. JBL 5 Inch/6 Inch components, I am getting 5 Inch for Rs 4900 in Chandigarh with Bill & Warranty.

This is all I would be able to get in this much budget.
Now Can I fit the JBL components in the Rear Doors/ Tray or is it mandatory to have them in Front Doors... I have a Daewoo matiz. I was thinking of rear doors because It gets very very loud in the front at times. and Moreover the Rear doors don't get opened as many times as fronts, so kind of secure fitment. Also what upgrade options will I have If I go inf or Rear Doors?
How would this setup sound without an Amplifier?

Please clarify the above and I will be the most grateful person to you on this 1000 posts forum. Thank you soooo much. Sam you are wanted too.
Old 6th September 2005, 01:54   #1052
BHPian

i will be going with aseem

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
so polo
are you gettin the components upfront with fillers at the back as assem suggested or are you settling in for the 936 at the back with the jbl 626 upfront ??

rev
well i will be going as per aseem that means good speaker in front like JBL/Boston componets & fillers at the back..
Old 6th September 2005, 01:57   #1053
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo107
well i will be going as per aseem that means good speaker in front like JBL/Boston componets & fillers at the back..
pls make sure u put a 4 channel amplifier soon if ur putting components in the front..sam insists on this and even i think the same..
PS:im sure me and aseem will have an argument about the amp thing very shortly..
Old 6th September 2005, 02:03   #1054
Senior - BHPian

OK McLaren, no doubt amp does wonders to your speakers. However I am currently running JBL comps and triaxials from the HU due to financial reason. However than also without an amp, I can feel marked difference between the comps and co-axials.
In my Esteem I have an amp and co-axials, they dont sound better than my components, just louder. Rest of course I will eventually put amplifier in my car.
Old 6th September 2005, 02:06   #1055
Senior - BHPian

Zzehar, if you want to take my advise, PLEASE dont put the components in the rear. I strongly suggest to put them in front, more so for you, since you have appreciated my response so much
Old 6th September 2005, 02:07   #1056
BHPian

i will be following your advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
pls make sure u put a 4 channel amplifier soon if ur putting components in the front..sam insists on this and even i think the same..
PS:im sure me and aseem will have an argument about the amp thing very shortly..
thanks mclaren1885 for ur concern..i think ur very much right about amplifiers. it will be definitely needed to improve performance. I will be adding that some other time.
Old 6th September 2005, 02:11   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Zzehar, if you want to take my advise, PLEASE dont put the components in the rear. I strongly suggest to put them in front, more so for you, since you have appreciated my response so much
Ok I will put them in front Aseem, but what abt my other queries? Please how will they sound without an AMP? Will they sound any better with Pioneer 5750 than with Sony 5510?
Old 6th September 2005, 02:17   #1058
Senior - BHPian

Go with Sony for sound, Pioneer if you want to go for the looks. FOr me it will be Sony. The speaker will sound wonderful without amplifier as well, I have JBL components in my Swift without amplifier. I am very satisfied with my setup. So from my actual experience I can tell you that you wont regret this one bit. TRUST ME!

Last edited by aseem : 6th September 2005 at 02:22.
Old 6th September 2005, 02:37   #1059
BHPian

Quote:
Go with Sony for sound, Pioneer if you want to go for the looks. FOr me it will be Sony. The speaker will sound wonderful without amplifier as well, I have JBL components in my Swift without amplifier. I am very satisfied with my setup. So from my actual experience I can tell you that you wont regret this one bit. TRUST ME!
Trusting you, One more thing. If in case I plan to change the car 2moro, Is this whole setup of comps etc detachable?
Old 6th September 2005, 02:42   #1060
Senior - BHPian

Of course it is, else it wont make sense investing so much in an audio system. My system would come close to 50k once complete, I plan to take it out once I sell my car. Navin still uses some of his stuff back from his old cars.
Old 6th September 2005, 02:55   #1061
BANNED

Quote:
Navin still uses some of his stuff back from his old cars.
dating all the way back to a HU he got in 1987 or something na aseem..man he must really love his stuff to keep them for so long and still use them even today in his car..i would have kept it at home as a museum piece if i were him certainly not in a car..
Old 6th September 2005, 03:09   #1062
BHPian

McLaren, You are Addicted to this Forum & So AM I !!
Old 6th September 2005, 03:18   #1063
BANNED

yup its 3 in the morning and here we are my pal posting on this forum..yesterday i slept at 5am huh!!! u wont believe but i have slept only for 4 hrs since day before yesterday morning..and check out there are 14 members still online wow!!
Old 6th September 2005, 03:29   #1064
Senior - BHPian

I am here too... watching Fatal Attraction on HBO!
Old 6th September 2005, 03:31   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
I am here too... watching Fatal Attraction on HBO!
Welcome Aseem, I was just going through the construction of Component speakers on Crutchfield Advisor. They seem to sound very Good and moreover when I am spending Rs 4900 after trusting you, What do I stand to Loose? If they don't blow up my car, I will blow you up

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks