Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2008, 21:10   #8551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
but what is a SWWS setup?
Subwoofer installed in Spare Wheel Well.

Example:Source Google
Attached Thumbnails
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-mboot7.jpg  

Old 17th August 2008, 21:15   #8552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naman View Post
@gunbir : Will get in touch with you sometime. The thing I'm most skeptical about is the SWWS (as l_b_m sir pointed). In your opinion how does this kind of sub sound? Have to discuss this issue in detail. Is it possible to get an audition of this setup. Also, I like tight bass rather than boom boom.

Please suggest other ways if any to save boot space and have a good sub install. How about getting a contoured custom enclosed box in such a shape that it fits one side properly.
This is pure speculation. SWWS will not yield a boomy sound if used with a quality sub. SWWS can be done with two configurations: Infinite Baffle or Sealed fiberglass enclosure. IB done properly, you will get a smooth low end, but dependency on midbass will increase.

That said, if you like top end whack (kick bass) then a sealed or ported enclosure may be more suitable. Do audition stuff and make your call.

A sealed sideways sub enclosure is doable and practical.
Old 18th August 2008, 02:22   #8553
BHPian

I came across a few pics of a SWWS on yarisworld dot com.

This IMO does NOT look like a JUGGAR! I'm sure Gunbir and JB can have this kind of install done for you Naman.

With 37k, I'd have bought better components by rainbow or ID and a 10'' sub installed as a SWWS. Kenwood amp is being used by a friend of mine in an SX4 paired to hertz energy comps and 2 ways. It is a very reliable amp and performs well worth every penny you pay.. and then some.

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-randominstalls402.jpg

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-myyarisbackenclse3r.jpg

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-myyarisbackenclse1.jpg

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-myyarisbackenclser.jpg
Old 18th August 2008, 10:10   #8554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_hard View Post
I came across a few pics of a SWWS on yarisworld dot com.

This IMO does NOT look like a JUGGAR! I'm sure Gunbir and JB can have this kind of install done for you Naman.
Arre bahi I was not referring to this type of install it is a sealed box installed in a spare tyre space. But I was referring to this one..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...heel-well.html

The one you mentioned is a very good type.
Old 18th August 2008, 11:07   #8555
BHPian

Guys, thanks for the replys.

Just to clear up, my budget is 30 K. The prices I mentioned took the total to 37 K and hence wanted to cut down on somethings so that its back to 30K. Now that is achieved.

@gunbir : Lets fix up a time to meet up ( at Driven, if it suits you ). I'm generally free on weekends ( both Sat and Sun ). Weekdays are really hectic as my office is in gurgaon and home in faridabad. Also, now that you know that the sub and components are (most likely) going to be BULL, how would you rate that for the SWWS in conjunction with the mid bass of the compos. Let me know.

Also whats the difference between infinite baffle and sealed plexi.

Now with further recommendation from rev_hard amp is finalized. So its a Kenwood. Head unit is kenwood 6539. Want more than very basic HU.

Naman.

Last edited by naman : 18th August 2008 at 11:15.
Old 18th August 2008, 13:13   #8556
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Kenwood amp is grey and the reviews are good. Reviews for the Bull speakers are also positive. Definitely will audition them before the install.
How about getting a contoured custom enclosed box in such a shape that it fits one side properly.
1. please review atleast 3 brands it will help you make an informed decision.
2. the contoured box can be best made using FRP for all panels/sides mated to a MDF baffle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Doesn't Bull have model numbers? Everyone seems to be referring to the generic sizes!
It might be becuase Bull is a new brand and people refering to them are still not familiar with the model numbers.

Quote:
This IMO does NOT look like a JUGGAR!
Sure that ain't JUGGAR but there is no spare wheel either.
Old 18th August 2008, 13:49   #8557
BHPian

tire sealants are available dime-a-dozen these days, and guess what, some of them do indeed work, very well at that.

who needs a spare wheel anyways.
Old 18th August 2008, 15:31   #8558
BHPian

Quote:
tire sealants are available dime-a-dozen these days, and guess what, some of them do indeed work, very well at that.

Till now was under the impression that I'll not have to remove the stepney. Will it not be too risky to do our great highways without a stepney. I agree, that in city it doesn't really matter.
Old 18th August 2008, 15:41   #8559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Maybe yes for people running tubeless tires. But cars with tubed tires would almost always need to carry a spare wheel

Quote:
Till now was under the impression that I'll not have to remove the stepney. Will it not be too risky to do our great highways without a stepney. I agree, that in city it doesn't really matter.
Old 18th August 2008, 15:52   #8560
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We had a tyre puncture on the way to Igatpuri (near Nashik) last weekend. Thank God we had a spare! :-)
Old 18th August 2008, 15:57   #8561
Senior - BHPian

IIRC, Gunbir's SWWS (seek and ye shall find ...) had retained the stepney, and yet had the sub mounted. Empirically, it may feel that the sound would be boomy, but IMHO if it is designed well, especially with a FG enclosure, there is no reason why it cannot be made punchy with a sub selected for the purpose.

Otherwise, one can always strap the spare wheel by the side of the boot - two birds with one stone!
Old 20th August 2008, 18:02   #8562
BHPian

Alternator noise

Hello,

I have a query regarding alternator noise:

I was using a Sony Amp (554zr) with my Pio HU. I changed this amp to a JBL GT5 604. I had severe alternator noise: a "kirrrr" sound from the speakers which goes to a high pitch with accelleration.

I then set the input levels on the Amp near to the min mark (6v), this has eliminated the alternator noise for the front speakers, but there's still some noise from the rears. The downside is that I have to play the volume at close to max on the HU.

I came across this solution on TBHP.

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-groundedrcapio.jpg

This is the back of a HU. My question is: Would it work if I did this on the Amp instead of on the HU? And is it safe ie, wiring 2 or 4 shields together?

Thanks, Giri
Old 21st August 2008, 00:08   #8563
Senior - BHPian

what are the RCA cable's you're using now ? are you sure they have enough shielding ?
Old 21st August 2008, 00:25   #8564
Distinguished - BHPian

Change your RCA cable and run it away from the power line. This should mostly solve your problem.
Old 21st August 2008, 00:59   #8565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Doesn't Bull have model numbers? Everyone seems to be referring to the generic sizes!
Bull sub with enclosure : ESW-12

Bull components : CS-650.75

@ LBM esw12 has 400peak power

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks