Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2005, 15:27   #916
Team-BHP Support

I dont intend to shame anyone. I was lucky to learn about audio before i was out of my shorts. my father got me a valve radio when i was 7 about the time i went to my first rock concert. did anhyone here see The Who when they visited in 1970? At 10 or so I re wired a spool deck from mono to stereo using a stereo head from a dead portable tape player. my father friends all indulged me with their broken gadgets and i learnt a lot. at 12 i built my own amp. and the bug never left. when i was about 20 i was "adopted" by a man who taught me all i know about Air Cushion Mobility Systems (that is the generic word for Hover Crafts). Now this was an area where everyone involved was 40+ and I was 20 years younger.

So i guess I was lucky to have GREAT mentors. I wish to be one someday myself. Fortunately forums like this give me an outlet. That is the only thing that keeps me involved in forums like this. I prefer to get involved only in forums where i dont have any commercial interest (out of abundant precaution and a self imposed conflict of interest exile from public forums in the areas of my business).
Old 1st September 2005, 15:40   #917
Distinguished - BHPian

And ofcourse he loves good english too, apart from good sound. NAHEEE! Arrey people must be getting a headache readin your fundu posts man. What would we do without you!
Old 1st September 2005, 15:54   #918
Team-BHP Support

And the next episode of the Navin & Sam Show will air at.......
Old 1st September 2005, 16:13   #919
BHPian

Rtech, This show will go on and on and on........ But just wait till we start dissecting the Pioneers to put in a better DAC. Stick to the Let's tweak the Pioneer thread. What do you say boys?
Old 1st September 2005, 20:53   #920
Distinguished - BHPian

Clarion vs Premiere (pioneer)

Ive had a mad day setting up the Palio eyeballer (see earlier posts) just wanted to share something with you.
We're here, big team, all for the New Delhi exhibition tomorrow and the eyeballer is going to be on display.
NOW- the reason for this post. We had a top-of-the-line Clarion head unit in the car, that was kindly sponsored by Clarion and it replaced the Premiere Head Unit in the car. Now please dont ask me all these model vodel numbers, i dont know, it was the BEST premiere head unit ok?
Premiere is a fancy pioneer HU. Im sure a lot of you know that but still, for the benefit of the others.
The HU was replaced a month ago, courtesy clarion and i'm grateful to them. However to my utter shock, the car sound was just terrible. No matter what i did, i could not get that TWANG out of the JBL GTi system and the woofers sounded dead.
Im guessing the Clarion sounded neutral, as opposed to the alive premiere, but GUYS i'm used to neutral head units. Remember we normally use Alpine in our demo cars.
So we put the Premiere back, see picture lol

(why picture? just. total time pass, there havent been pictures in here for a while, pictures lively up life)

and it sounds superb again. In short to my utter disbelief, I'm sorry to say the the top of the line clarion sounded very very dull...
Thats that lol. End of message.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 1st September 2005 at 20:55.
Old 1st September 2005, 21:38   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Ive had a mad day setting up the Palio eyeballer (see earlier posts) just wanted to share something with you.
We're here, big team, all for the New Delhi exhibition tomorrow and the eyeballer is going to be on display.
NOW- the reason for this post. We had a top-of-the-line Clarion head unit in the car, that was kindly sponsored by Clarion and it replaced the Premiere Head Unit in the car. Now please dont ask me all these model vodel numbers, i dont know, it was the BEST premiere head unit ok?
Premiere is a fancy pioneer HU. Im sure a lot of you know that but still, for the benefit of the others.
The HU was replaced a month ago, courtesy clarion and i'm grateful to them. However to my utter shock, the car sound was just terrible. No matter what i did, i could not get that TWANG out of the JBL GTi system and the woofers sounded dead.
Im guessing the Clarion sounded neutral, as opposed to the alive premiere, but GUYS i'm used to neutral head units. Remember we normally use Alpine in our demo cars.
So we put the Premiere back, see picture lol

(why picture? just. total time pass, there havent been pictures in here for a while, pictures lively up life)

and it sounds superb again. In short to my utter disbelief, I'm sorry to say the the top of the line clarion sounded very very dull...
Thats that lol. End of message.

DooooooooooooD, It looks cooool. Really appreciate ur sending the pic. "Great Men at Work" I wish I would hv studied enough to be in your job ;-)
Old 1st September 2005, 23:36   #922
BHPian

Sam, are you in the photo?
Old 1st September 2005, 23:39   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
Sam, are you in the photo?
yes VIVEKPHADNIS, Sam is the one at the Wheel !!! Cheers !
Old 1st September 2005, 23:44   #924
Team-BHP Support

BTW SAM this guy is using your avatar too
http://www.caraudio.com/vb/member.php?u=14368

Q1: did you reset the gains on the amps when you switched HUs
Q2: did you drop in a parametric EQ and twiggle with it in case that helps.
Q3. did you swtich all the HU XOs off. i'm told the premier HU comes with it's XO on in default mode

read this even for $150....
http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=112149

and FYI even this
http://www.carstereo.com/forum/showt...id=20326&fid=5

like i said i dont dislike pioneer just their consideration for the indian customer.

and i promies to try to use better english in the future the slang comes from my Brooklyn upbringing.
Old 1st September 2005, 23:45   #925
BHPian

Sam, I envy you. What a great job you have. Play around with amps, speakers and cars all day.
Old 1st September 2005, 23:48   #926
Team-BHP Support

Sam, I think Vivek wants to join the audio fraternity!
Old 1st September 2005, 23:55   #927
BHPian

In fact, I plan to get into some audio magazine or something like that in the future when I am done with sports reporting.
Old 2nd September 2005, 02:30   #928
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sam, whereabouts in Delhi is your JBL Exhbition? Ive been following this thread for quite some time now but never had a chance to contribute since im not directly into car audio myself. Would love to indulge into some high end equipment so that i can direct my future project cars your way. Your contact information please?

Arush
Old 2nd September 2005, 09:35   #929
Team-BHP Support

now we are talking imagine using autopsyche body styling skills to improve car audio now we can go about fixing the most important component of most car audio systems - the car! yeah! autopsyche i would be first to suggest that you and sam form a partnership to build a car that looks good ans sounds good and the looks (body mods) are serve a dual pupose of providing for a nicer sound system.

1. car doors have notoriously small volones and are very lossy (I use ATC but it dont help too much except keep the dust out of the magnet gaps) so start with that see link
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-uGEqQZo...sp?g=762&avf=N

2. find a place behind the seat using the space under the seat and for within the spare wheel as box volume to hide a sub without using up more than 10% of the trunck

3. find a location that is not under the passenger seat for a nice 4 channel amp (2" x 8" x12") for the front and rear speaker this will keep the interconnect lead length to a minimum - the sub have have it's own amp i dont worry to much about it's interconnect lead length.

what say guys!
Old 2nd September 2005, 12:25   #930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar
yes VIVEKPHADNIS, Sam is the one at the Wheel !!! Cheers !
No, I don't think its him. Have you not seen his photo with 2 others standing with the Eyeballer Palio???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks