Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2005, 14:55   #886
BHPian

Navin....this one is for me right..
Old 31st August 2005, 14:58   #887
BHPian

Sam what I meant was ....recently I was in US/Miami and I saw a Humvee........and I donno if u will believe me or not ...I was standing about 40-50 yards from it but i could feeel the bass vibrations........thats is something I was looking for and someone there suggested that I put the Woofers facing the floor of the scorpio......or maybe
Old 31st August 2005, 15:06   #888
BHPian

titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
BTW mood...a pair of titans and a pair of jaguars from aci make very good music. very very good. Speaker like these and those from Wilson Audio, Richard Vandersteen, Jim Theil, Revel, etc... are an education.
I get your point its like having Jamo's for a home theatre.......btw how much would i have to shell out for the Titan's and Jaguars......
Old 31st August 2005, 15:21   #889
Team-BHP Support

you cant buy jaguars anymore but they retailed for about $5K per pair Titians were extra.
ofcourse this is a lot cheaper than a pair of Infinity Reference Beta VI speakers that retailed for $85,000 per set.
Old 31st August 2005, 15:29   #890
BHPian

WWooooooohhhhhhhhh..........85000 dollars...........rather i will buy a humvee......however thnks for the info.
Old 31st August 2005, 16:07   #891
Team-BHP Support

it is not the most expesnvie commercial speaker. the most expensive i have seen cost $150,000. There there are the custom ones......LOL. Sam has probably seen more than me.
Old 31st August 2005, 16:23   #892
BHPian

WHOA........ the most expensive ones I ever saw were some Cadence ARCAs........... Made in India (pune to be precise) priced at about $18k.
Old 31st August 2005, 18:35   #893
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
BTW mood...a pair of titans and a pair of jaguars from aci make very good music. very very good. Speaker like these and those from Wilson Audio, Richard Vandersteen, Jim Theil, Revel, etc... are an education.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswings
I get your point its like having Jamo's for a home theatre.
Nononononono thats not the point moodswings, Jamo is not in the same league as what Navin is talking about.

Quote:
ofcourse this is a lot cheaper than a pair of Infinity Reference Beta VI speakers that retailed for $85,000 per set.
The new Infinity Beta Home theatre set costs only about 5 Lacs for 7 speakers and a Subwoofer. The amp to go with it is about 2 lacs. Beta has become the entry level, however the Prelude and Intermezzo are super duper expensive. As is the highly acclaimed JBL Project K2. As Navin said, it is not uncommon to see (at the high end show in frankfurt) custom speakers that can cost close to US$200k.
But then this is
Cheers

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 31st August 2005 at 18:41.
Old 31st August 2005, 22:35   #894
Team-BHP Support

Not frankfurt but Neerhausen :-) right?

the infinity speaker i am talking about is written about here
http://www.apogeespeakers.com/review...estofaudio.htm
maybe the term beta was misplaced. i told ya guys i am senile.
Old 31st August 2005, 22:35   #895
Team-BHP Support

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/archi.../t-430673.html
Old 31st August 2005, 23:23   #896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Sorry but i need to say something here (After all this forum does have a little to do with me) Im afraid i do not agree with the Boss suggestion. I've heard the sound on all Boss speakers and theyre quite bad. I would not recommend them to any of my friends here. I know i keep saying that speakers are a matter of opinion, but purely in MY opinion, they're terrible.
Sound is always a personal experience! You're building your personal car audio system, not someone else's. Sound not appreciated by a friend or car audio judge is not bad sound. You have to listen to your system, choose what you think sounds best!
Old 1st September 2005, 01:49   #897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Buffet,

The best place to mount them is the on front dash. Alternatively, if you can manage it, on that place where you would adjust the external mirrors from.
No matter what fusseem says lol, there are no better components than the 606ce (at that price range!)

Hyderabad. OK, do one thing, pick up an autocar, look at the back for the hyderabad distributors number. Call and ask for the boss, Mr. Vohra. Tell him you're a friend of mine. He will guide you very easily then.
Happy listening
Sam,
I am tired of following up for one month now...with Cartronics in hyderabad...talked to Rajasekhar and then Ajay and almost neve got Mr Vohra...

they never have more than one JBL speaker in stock...and that is always the one (5 inch or something) that I dont want...being the distributors...I would presume that they would want to keep at least one piece of the entire GTO catalogue....

have started searching for alternates since I know I will never get JBLs from him...do you suggest another person that I call...my mob is 98850-30960...
Old 1st September 2005, 06:05   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Nononononono thats not the point moodswings, Jamo is not in the same league as what Navin is talking about.

The new Infinity Beta Home theatre set costs only about 5 Lacs for 7 speakers and a Subwoofer. The amp to go with it is about 2 lacs. Beta has become the entry level, however the Prelude and Intermezzo are super duper expensive. As is the highly acclaimed JBL Project K2. As Navin said, it is not uncommon to see (at the high end show in frankfurt) custom speakers that can cost close to US$200k.
But then this is
Cheers
It would be so much fun to attend one of those High end shows Man......I guess Sam ur the lucky one......I am going to Frankfurt in Jan'2006 but if th show happens then....
Old 1st September 2005, 09:21   #899
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Sound is always a personal experience! You're building your personal car audio system, not someone else's. Sound not appreciated by a friend or car audio judge is not bad sound. You have to listen to your system, choose what you think sounds best!
Absolutely, totally and utterly butterly right aseem. Read Post #826
Old 1st September 2005, 09:24   #900
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
Sam,
I am tired of following up for one month now...with Cartronics in hyderabad...talked to Rajasekhar and then Ajay and almost neve got Mr Vohra...

they never have more than one JBL speaker in stock...and that is always the one (5 inch or something) that I dont want...being the distributors...I would presume that they would want to keep at least one piece of the entire GTO catalogue....

have started searching for alternates since I know I will never get JBLs from him...do you suggest another person that I call...my mob is 98850-30960...
Buffet,
Thanks for your feedback.
I have taken your matter most seriously. The results will show in the next few days. I request you to wait till then. All our distributors have flown off with our team to Berlin to attend the IFA. They return on the 6th. I wll then be able to speak to the right people. Someone will call you do not worry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks