Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2005, 17:13   #301
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitri
Audiobahn ABC525T - 71$( after disc and shipping)
Audiobahn DUB525C - 42$
Blaupunkt TSC540c - 56$
I would consider the Alpine SPS 130 about $80/pr or the 525T (they are components).

Last edited by navin : 3rd August 2005 at 17:19.
Old 3rd August 2005, 17:20   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
Navin. Sorry for the mislead. Actually my amp is located on the floor below the carpet on the passenger side. Yesterday evening i was trying what you asked me to check. I felt the sound was causing by the RCA cable. Most of the length of the cable was hanging loose. Whenever my hand touched the cable there was either more disturbance or the sound was very clean.

I tucked the cable to a side and then there was no buzz. But whenever car is passing through rough patch the buzz occurs. Also i noticed sometimes along with the buzz another whining sound like 'suiiiiii' ( but it sounds close to that) occurs. This sound also goes away when i am touching the RCA cable. The RCA cable could be some cheap stuff fitted free of cost by the accessories shop. In my earlier Zen where I was using the same setup, there was whining sound from the speakers whenever i swiched on the AC blower. The accessories shop replaced the RCA cable and the sound was fixed.

Well, here is my setup. Sony MP-50 MP3 player, Sony 222 Amp powering Sony 6x9 speakers on the rear panel and Pioneer 5" in the front doors. I am happy with the quality of the sound except for the quite often buzz and whine.

Please let me know the next step in your troubleshoot. Should i replace the RCA cable?
Hi!

You either have a broken RCA cable, or a dry solder on the 222 (a very common problem)
Due to the strain (depending on fitting), the solder on the rca pins going into the amp get "dry" or "cold" depending on which part of the planet you were taught electronics in.
Replace the RCA cable. If that doesnt solve it, take the amp to a guy who can solder and get the contacts inside re-soldered. Buss
Old 3rd August 2005, 17:22   #303
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
Please let me know the next step in your troubleshoot. Should i replace the RCA cable?
YES! Get some nice cables. Even if it turns out you got a dry solder on the amp it will help improve teh S/N ratio. ANd next time clamp the cable next tot eh amp it will prevent the cable from putting strain on the amp's RCA connectors.

Last edited by navin : 3rd August 2005 at 17:24.
Old 3rd August 2005, 17:23   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitri
hi sam/navin,

A friend of mine is coming from US and i thought of asking him to bring a set of components (5.25"). Which one should i go for?

I saw some deals for Audiobahn in some sites. Infinity and Rockford fosgate are all out of my budget.

Audiobahn ABC525T - 71$( after disc and shipping)
Audiobahn DUB525C - 42$
Blaupunkt TSC540c - 56$

Could you please guide me which one is good , or is there any particular brand there in US which is really good and no popular here in india.

Thanks,
Dilshaw
Cannot compare Blau and AB. AB is far superior on all products.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 3rd August 2005 at 17:24.
Old 3rd August 2005, 17:27   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
What kind of boxes would be good for the 426? I was thinking of fibreglass. My brother is a fine arts graduate and knows how to make them. But mounting them on the dash is a little problematic. And there is not much space on an Alto's dashboard.

Yes, the weather is nice but not good for those who use bikes more like me. Bangalore generally has good weather but I like the girls in Mumbai more than the ones here.
Till when are you in Bangalore?
I can see the headlines now "Fine arts graduate learns to make fiberglass boxes for his brothers car speakers."

Have already reached HOT Nayi Dilli AKA the Dally. The Girls that dont talk in Dilli are SUPERB. No offense meant ofcourse
Old 3rd August 2005, 17:33   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Infinity Reference Optra!!

Namaste from Dilli jee,

So like I said, i drove to Ooty day before yesterday from blr in the company optra.
So i thought I will show you madmen photos of the system in the car.

It sounds very nice, made the traffic in mysore, quite bearable I'll tell you that. Lemme know your comments.

Dhanyavaadji

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 3rd August 2005 at 17:50. Reason: mistake in uploading pics
Old 3rd August 2005, 21:47   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
YES! Get some nice cables. Even if it turns out you got a dry solder on the amp it will help improve teh S/N ratio. ANd next time clamp the cable next tot eh amp it will prevent the cable from putting strain on the amp's RCA connectors.
On the way to home from work, I stopped at the accessories shop and showed him the problem. I got the RCA cable replaced with a new one. That's some brand called Twister. It costed me Rs. 400 and I don't know how good it is. Now the buzz and whine are gone. I believe now I can hear some bass which was not present earlier. I don't know if it is just my imagination.

That guy also showed me Blapunkt RCA. It was costing 1500 and the length is 5 Mts. The guy was promising me to get a cheaper version for RS. 650. The one i bought is only 1 Mtr in length. I am happy if this cable works fine for the next 6 months - 1 year. Thanks for all the help Navin and Sam.
Old 3rd August 2005, 22:46   #308
Senior - BHPian

satish which accesories guy?
elegant?
Old 3rd August 2005, 23:40   #309
Senior - BHPian

No, It's not elegant. That guy told me I need to put a condenser behind the head unit to get rid of that sound. But I found that guy was very co-operative. He himself vaccumed my speakers.

I got the cable at Indian D'cars. As the problem was almost diagnosed, i just stopped there on the way.
Old 4th August 2005, 10:25   #310
Team-BHP Support

Oh god Sam this is as close to an or*$#am as one can get! "I'll have what she's having"
Old 4th August 2005, 10:55   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Oh god Sam this is as close to an or*$#am as one can get! "I'll have what she's having"
Isnt it a clean job Navin? Oh you should hear the head unit, it's that super duper expensive HU from alpine (of course) the 9XXX, where you can download parametric settings online and all. Oh she sounds so sweet really. Next time you're in bangalore then....
Old 4th August 2005, 11:15   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Isnt it a clean job Navin? Oh you should hear the head unit, it's that super duper expensive HU from alpine (of course) the 9XXX, where you can download parametric settings online and all. Oh she sounds so sweet really. Next time you're in bangalore then....
Greetings from Fusseem Sam, I am in Bangalore now... let me have the pleasure to check it out
Secondaly regarding the 606CE JBL compos... (Oh NO!!! Here I go again). I have stated in my posts that they are a lil bright and you have promised me a workaround once you are back from your toure, while I wait, I just wanted to add something.
The Sony and the Pioneer HU's are way brighter than the Alpine HU's which sound sweet. So a bright HU combined with a moderately bright component is making the output a little brighter as opposed to having the same compos with an Alpine HU. And trust me Sam, this is not a creation of my imagination...
But like I said, I am happily waiting for you to finish your tour and to be back in Delhi, to work on those compos.
Old 4th August 2005, 11:16   #313
BHPian

There is very little space on the dash of my Alto. That is at the corners. Could I mount the 426s a little towards the centre? And any ideas for fixing the boxes to the dash?
Old 4th August 2005, 11:19   #314
BHPian

Aseem, are you using any equaliser settings or do you find the sound bright with a flat setting? Try using the equaliser to cut down the treble/midrange and see what happens.
Old 4th August 2005, 11:23   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Greetings from Fusseem Sam, I am in Bangalore now... let me have the pleasure to check it out
Fusseem is the best name i could have given you!! I've pmed you the JBL bangalore showrooms number, the car is there. Vivek also knows where the place is, in case you guys are meeting up.
Enjoy.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 4th August 2005 at 11:25.

Most Viewed