Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2005, 14:45   #451
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingmepal
Hi,

Just wondering is there any system which supports cassette player and single CD (should play mp3 /CD-R/CD-RW) on a single unit? Will it be sufficient to fit in normal slot provided by car manufacturer's? If yes, let me know the make and model numbers. will do further reserach.

thanks in advance
PING!
OK, there are units that support both cassette and cd in one unit. Typically these units are 2DIN in size. This means that they are twice the height of a regular deck. Not all cars can accomodate this size in the dash. A few cars available here are, Lancer, Swift, Esteem (new),Camry, corolla, etc.
JVC makes a fairly cheap unit like this (under 10K) and pioneer makes a unit like this too, as does kenwood. The best available 2DIN head unit is from Alpine.
Happy researching!
Old 16th August 2005, 15:13   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Now here's my current setup...Pioneer 944 amp, Pioneer 430W 4ch amp, Pioneer 2000W sub and enclosure, Kenwood compos in the rear, Blaupunkt compos in the front, Pioneer 5650 HU, The car is Skoda by the way.
Hey Karthik, that is a good setup you have.

If you want to upgrade, you could first get yourself a 4v HU and then you could think of upgrading your sub woofer or having two instead of one.

Btw, Both your amps are 4 ch amps (correct me if I am wrong), and you have 4 speakers powered from one amp. So with the other are you powering just one sub?! :S
Old 16th August 2005, 15:30   #453
Senior - BHPian

The setup should be arnd 6months old. Yea Sam MORE BASS, thats what i want, how abt changing the sub or sumtin?
Old 16th August 2005, 17:35   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
The setup should be arnd 6months old. Yea Sam MORE BASS, thats what i want, how abt changing the sub or sumtin?

Well, you could put 2 powerful subwoofers. You could make an enclosure, bandpass, or ported depending on the kind of bass you like and put in 2 specialized woofers.
Any nice woofer, JBL, MTX, Earthquake, CV - any company that only makes speakers. In JBL there is a single voice coil series called power!
tHE p12220 is an option.
Old 16th August 2005, 17:53   #455
Senior - BHPian

And what about the HU? And Sam, would i have to change the amp or add another one?? And i've kinda been thinkin abt getting Kicker Solobarics, so what do u suggest
Old 16th August 2005, 18:34   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And what about the HU? And Sam, would i have to change the amp or add another one?? And i've kinda been thinkin abt getting Kicker Solobarics, so what do u suggest
Kickers a very nice woofer. Just a small note, it doesnt sound better because it's square, so pay more for the sound, not the shape.

I'd change that HU to an alpine with my eyes closed

Cheers
Old 16th August 2005, 18:59   #457
BHPian

JBL in Navi Mumbai for Getz

Dear Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Hi Pranil,

This is true, we're now "Hyundai Genuine Accessories". I will be training all Hyundai staff for JBL soon. Actually we were supposed to do a training at Goa last week, as part of my all-india tour, but western region got cancelled because of the rain.
It will be a while before the western region Hyundais are ready with JBL at the showrooms. Till then, the aftermarket is still your best bet. There are a couple of JBL dealers in Navi Mumbai, would you like me send you the details?

yes Please.do give me deatils of Navi Mumbai fellows. A recommendation will also help

Getting my GETz in Sept 1st week ( ordered with ABS hence long delivery)
Thinking of Sony XS-1635 triaxials or JBL GTO636e - all fours-
HU any decent one from Sony/Pioneer may be get one from Singapore.

Anybody in Navi Mumbai I can trust to wire up the setip nicely without doing shoddy work like jointing and insulations tapes.

Last edited by pranil : 16th August 2005 at 19:02.
Old 16th August 2005, 21:14   #458
Senior - BHPian

So which model in Alpine?? And will removing/replacing the rear parcel tray help to reduce the vibrations?
Old 16th August 2005, 21:56   #459
Senior - BHPian

ok i need some help .

i want to upgrade the setup i already have in my baleno i have a jvc head unit and 125 w 2-way speakers in the front with 225 w 3 way speakers in the rear.will adding only and amp help or will i also have to add a sub or a tube and are the speakers i have okay.

and one more thing. a friend of mine has blaunpank 135 W 3 way triaxial speakers in his esteem which crack when the knob is turned beyond vol 27.what can be done so as to reduce the crackin and make it sound more clear without losing out on bass ??

Rev
Old 17th August 2005, 12:21   #460
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So which model in Alpine?? And will removing/replacing the rear parcel tray help to reduce the vibrations?
In the Skoda, removing the rear parcel shelf isnt really necessary. Is it vibrating? If so, then yes ofcourse remove it.
All alpine models sound brilliant. Just go for whichever suits your budget.
Cheers
Old 17th August 2005, 12:27   #461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
i already have in my baleno i have a jvc head unit and 125 w 2-way speakers in the front with 225 w 3 way speakers in the rear.will adding only and amp help or will i also have to add a sub or a tube and are the speakers i have okay.Rev
Hi Rev,
Ok truth: That JVC deck and speakers arent really all that great, sorry to say. Now if you add an amp, you will get improved sound and will be able to go louder, if thats what you want. If it's bass you want, then ofcourse an amp and subwoofer will add low frequencies to your sound. Let me know if you like bass and what your budget is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
and one more thing. a friend of mine has blaunpank 135 W 3 way triaxial speakers in his esteem which crack when the knob is turned beyond vol 27.what can be done so as to reduce the crackin and make it sound more clear without losing out on bass ??
Rev
I'm assuming the Blaupunkt speaker itself isnt busted. Sometimes the cracking in a speaker can also be due to the poor power output of the head unit, or sometimes even due to bad installation or a bad position in the car. Perhaps putting in a small amplifier will allow you to turn it up a little further with less distortion. Head units have very little power and even a small, cheap amp like the sony 222 will give you a much better output on the same speakers.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 17th August 2005 at 12:28.
Old 17th August 2005, 12:28   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I would get nice components for the front. they start at about 3K. the "basicest" amp you can get today is the Sony 504 which costs about 4.2K. so you can get by with about 7.5k. ofcourse if you want to spend more you can. Sam and his associates in the industry will bless you.
Hey Sam, how many channels does the Sony 504 amp have? Also, what comps can i get for around 4K?

Cheers
Amitoj
PS: By the way, u, navin n ur friends are doing a great job here. thanks!!
Old 17th August 2005, 12:43   #463
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
Hey Sam, how many channels does the Sony 504 amp have? Also, what comps can i get for around 4K?

Cheers
Amitoj
PS: By the way, u, navin n ur friends are doing a great job here. thanks!!

Hey!

Thanks for the compliments. The 504 has 4 channels. Only Sony has components at that price but i do not recommend them.
Any decent set of components will cost around 5k. The JBL GTO506Ce costs Rs 5500/- (just to give you an idea)
Old 17th August 2005, 12:58   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Only Sony has components at that price but i do not recommend them.
Any decent set of components will cost around 5k. The JBL GTO506Ce costs Rs 5500/- (just to give you an idea)
Hmmm... correct me if i am wrong.. one doesnt *need* to have an amp to run comps, rite? I can get comps first, and then after a while, get an amp? I guess it depends on the head unit to some extent... mine is kenwood krc 553, 35w x 4. do u think i *need* an amp if i go for a decent set of components?
Old 17th August 2005, 14:19   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Rev,
Ok truth: That JVC deck and speakers arent really all that great, sorry to say. Now if you add an amp, you will get improved sound and will be able to go louder, if thats what you want. If it's bass you want, then ofcourse an amp and subwoofer will add low frequencies to your sound. Let me know if you like bass and what your budget is.

they deck is juv but the speakers are blaunpank. and i know they arent good my dad had got them put when i wasnt in town long back so i had no say in the matter.

budget is about 12 grand and should i change these speakers or are they okay.

Rev

Last edited by revtech : 17th August 2005 at 14:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks