Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2005, 08:02   #496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay
Zzzehar, i'm not sure about how much the Clarion HUs cost and I shall find out and let you know by Tuesday. I know the chennai dealer for Clarion [he is a dealer for JBL too] and shall get the prices from him.

Meantime, go through the HU options available from http://www.clarion.com.sg/products/2...incd/index.cfm and let me know what interests you... My personal favouries in Clarion are DXZ756MC and DXZ656MP... They don't offer full color display but are ready for Ipod connection [they have those RGB 769 selectable colors tho].... Take your pic from the site and i'll get you the price... [note: i'm not too keen on using this feature or its presence wouldn't make a big difference to me, but the DXZ756MC model has a Music Catcher facility, something that can hold upto 6 cds' songs in its memory].... If you want a HU with the looks, get a DXZ856MP.... Mast looking..

I have a 2004 Alpine catalog with prices quoting Alpine's basic cd HU at 11990 [CDA 9826], and casette player at 6990[TDM 7582E]. I listened to CDA 9827 and its sounds jhakaas at 14900/- [bargainable]...

I'm very very confused myself on what to pick for my Indica and i'm waiting for Sam & Navin's final nod on the JBL GTO Ovals or the BLAU's THx/ODx series ovals... And today on the net, I saw a Rockford Fosgate T1693C Ovals [power handling = 110 rms].... supposed to be awesome or not is what I want to know....

Sam/Navin, where are ya fellassss???
hi k_ajay
I went thru the Clarion website you gave me, they look very costly man !!
If you are looking for interchangeable colors check out the following one from Blaupunkt - Monterrey MP35. Even this one has few interchangeable 4096 colors between all the combinations of RGB.
http://www.midwestelectronics.com/pr...2d1c9bbc541be6

A car accessories dealer is giving me this for around Rs 7500 - Rs 8000 with warranty. What do you say?

Last edited by zzzehar : 22nd August 2005 at 08:04.
Old 22nd August 2005, 09:10   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Just to get back to the topic. Everyone has been very helpful but I guess one reading this thread will find it very vague... some questions that still linger on my mind....

1) Get a good HU with 3 RCA outs 4V each... VFM system Pioneer 6650 for 7.6k and good high end Sony 7700 for 10.5k

2) Good Components for the front... possibly not Sony for 4.5 k as they dont have a crossover... Sam mentioned Components from JBL... Please specify the MODEL number and the price range...

3) Good triaxials at the rear... GTO series for 3.5 k thats fine

4) Good 4 channel amp... try Sony for 5k... else if money go for alpine... Which model of Alpine??? cost???

5) Go for a base tube... Whats the price and make???
In this post Aseem, which model of GTO series ur talking about and how do they sound for 3.5 K ? Please lemme know.
Old 22nd August 2005, 10:03   #498
BHPian

Hello SAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Waiting for you desperately, Which JBL GTO's with the budget of around Rs 3000 - Rs 4000 would u suggest? I am looking for GREAT output as compared to Blaupunkt, as Everyone here suggested to go for JBL instead of Blaupunkt. Also please send me the details of the JBL dealer in Chandigarh. Thanks a Lottttttttttttttttttttttttttt.
Also suggest for the Front doors with different budget options. Good sounding from Cheap to Budget !!

Last edited by zzzehar : 22nd August 2005 at 10:05.
Old 22nd August 2005, 11:04   #499
Distinguished - BHPian

Arrey, What happened babalogs? OK im answering all in the next hour lol
Old 22nd August 2005, 11:06   #500
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranil
Saw this on Bazee
Alpine V12 at 2000 rs. Is it true or only fake ??
Are the specs correct of look fishy

http://cgi.ebay.in/BOX-PACKED-POWER-...QQcmdZViewItem

Hi Pranil,

Pray tell me, both you and aseem, WHERE does it say "ALPINE"??

*I am now sitting back and laughing at both of you and offering you glasses"

That my dear boys is a genuine Electro-india V12 super cheap el-fako power amp.
Old 22nd August 2005, 11:11   #501
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

If you cannot afford the Alpine, go for a Clarion, they sound very good, trust me on this...

AK
I agree completely. The sound of clarion is very good.
Old 22nd August 2005, 11:12   #502
BHPian

I Am Waiting For You, Sammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 22nd August 2005, 11:19   #503
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar
Hello SAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Waiting for you desperately, Which JBL GTO's with the budget of around Rs 3000 - Rs 4000 would u suggest? I am looking for GREAT output as compared to Blaupunkt, as Everyone here suggested to go for JBL instead of Blaupunkt. Also please send me the details of the JBL dealer in Chandigarh. Thanks a Lottttttttttttttttttttttttttt.
Also suggest for the Front doors with different budget options. Good sounding from Cheap to Budget !!
Hello Z!

If you cannot afford the GTO series from JBL, try the CS series. They are good quality ad affordable. Try the CS396e for the rear and the CS205e for the front.
The speaker i had recommended earlier (GTO426e) is a 4" speaker. Probably the best 4" speaker in the market.
Cheers
Old 22nd August 2005, 11:23   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Hello Z!

If you cannot afford the GTO series from JBL, try the CS series. They are good quality ad affordable. Try the CS396e for the rear and the CS205e for the front.
The speaker i had recommended earlier (GTO426e) is a 4" speaker. Probably the best 4" speaker in the market.
Cheers
Can you please mention the website where I can look up the CS series speakers? Thanks a TON and moreover how much will GTO and these CS cost me? Thanks a TON.
Old 22nd August 2005, 11:26   #505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak
hi all
me getting my dicor in 3 days........its got the oe speakers and stuff...only cnange is that i hav a sony 222 amp so thinking of goin in for a sub...
tryin to decide between sony and rockford
prices are like sony-6800 rs
rockford fosgate 7000-8000rs

both are 10".me lookin for 10"ers and wfich can be powered by da 222 in bridged mode

maybe later go in for lightning audio triaxials.....

btw howz da blaupunkt tx 369.1...will be gettin it free from my bros ikon as hez buyin somethin else....
Hi!
A couple of things. Do not compare a sony woofer to a rockford, or any other speciality woofer. They are not in the same league of performance, or pricing.

Now- If you're going to use a 222 to power your sub, there's no need to buy an expensive subwoofer. It's silly. I suggest you buy a cheaper pioneer subwoofer or something. it's not bad for the money.

Second- if you plan to connect BOTH 10" woofers in parallel & bridge the amplifier, it will be an overload and the amplifier will not last very long. I dont recommend you do that.

Lastly - The Blaupunkt tx369.1 is a pretty goot speaker, if you pay for it. For free it's amazing
Old 22nd August 2005, 11:47   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Hi!
A couple of things. Do not compare a sony woofer to a rockford, or any other speciality woofer. They are not in the same league of performance, or pricing.

Now- If you're going to use a 222 to power your sub, there's no need to buy an expensive subwoofer. It's silly. I suggest you buy a cheaper pioneer subwoofer or something. it's not bad for the money.

Second- if you plan to connect BOTH 10" woofers in parallel & bridge the amplifier, it will be an overload and the amplifier will not last very long. I dont recommend you do that.

Lastly - The Blaupunkt tx369.1 is a pretty goot speaker, if you pay for it. For free it's amazing
Also SAMMMMMMMM lemme know the dealer in Chandigarh for JBL !! Along with the prices of CS 396E and CS 205E and GTO 426 E and GTO 936E, Thanks.
Old 22nd August 2005, 11:52   #507
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar
Also SAMMMMMMMM lemme know the dealer in Chandigarh for JBL !! Along with the prices of CS 396E and CS 205E and GTO 426 E and GTO 936E, Thanks.
To see all JBL avlbl in india go to www.fxaudio.com

the dealer locator list should be updated by tomorrow
Old 22nd August 2005, 11:59   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree completely. The sound of clarion is very good.
There you go zzzehar.. Sam's verdict on Clarion... I don't know about the Monterry BLAU HU, so i'm taking a call on it, excuse me..

SAM, you totally ignored post 482...[sob, sob, sniff]... kindly take some time and gimme suggest something na re baba.... afterall, 2 mins ka tho kaam hai....
Old 22nd August 2005, 12:13   #509
BHPian

Quote:
There you go zzzehar.. Sam's verdict on Clarion... I don't know about the Monterry BLAU HU, so i'm taking a call on it, excuse me..

SAM, you totally ignored post 482...[sob, sob, sniff]... kindly take some time and gimme suggest something na re baba.... afterall, 2 mins ka tho kaam hai....
Yo k_ajay, but I really think Clarion is gonna be out of my budget but still if ur planning to go the Clarion guy do check out the prices and post 'em here. Also you said u hv checked out GTO 936E - how much do they cost?
Old 22nd August 2005, 12:24   #510
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Now, while I was at the Tata showroom, the sales guy persisted in showing me the new blaupunkt range of car audio and the accessories fellas made me a bakra and had me listen to them for more than an half hour...

The reason I put up with them is because I was very impressed with 2 of their Oval speakers, the BLAU GTx693 and BLAU ODx693E.... the ODx one is supposed to be the superior one of the 2, sporting a platinum woven fibre membrane [have no idea what that really means]

I was in da assumption that only the JBL GTO936 rocks [which I still want to so badly buy] but the BLAUs have taken me by surprise...

I need your help in figuring out which of the 3 [2 of the Blaus and the JBL] would be better, and if they would mate well [well, , you know what I mean] with the JBL GTO 606c or 506Ce components [this is THE compo I'm definitely getting, unless BLAU comes up with a higher rms output].....

Btw, Sam, the Chennai JBL dealer is a good friend of mine now, [CATS, Sridhar] and hes a great guy.

Thanks

Ak
Hey! Sorry Yaar i must have missed the post. Ok so here goes.
I always prefer to put the same brand, same series products upfront and the rear. It gives a more uniform soundstage, rather tha have two totally different sounds coming at you from the front and rear.
Since you have already decided on JBL fronts, i suggest JBL rears.Guess that answers your question. Similarly for the Blaupunkt. If you like the Blaupunkt rears, i suggest blaupunkt fronts too. Different speakers have different sounds and nobody can really tell you which ones better. It depends on YOUR ears only.
However as a thumb rule- companies that specialize in making speakers (no decks cd players etc) generally make better speakers, as this is all they do.

Sridhar is really helpful and sweet. Do give him my regards.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks