Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2005, 10:29   #541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
IN a Matiz? Where? in teh rear? how? in a Box?
no not in a box, on the tray in the rear in Matiz !!
Old 23rd August 2005, 10:36   #542
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak
thanks for the reply sam......
actuallu i wanted to know how the sony XS-LD105P5 is.......
i will be puttin the 10"sub powered by the 222 amp.its min rating is 80w rms and a max of 250.i asked my audio guy here and he sait its fine to run the sub using this amp...........

the sony is priced at 6400 rs and rf at 7500rs......

between these 2 whill will have a better bass effect.....no probs with price..... gettin it free
Between the 2, the rf is a much MUCH better sub. Obviously.

Please do not run a subwoofer off a 222 amp. Your audio guy there does not know what he's talking about. I am telling you for sure, the little 222 amplifier from sony is not designed to run a subwoofer. It will do a very poor job.
Old 23rd August 2005, 10:40   #543
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar
Hi NVAIN, you seems to be active. What would u suggest between Blaupunkt GT series 50W RMS/ or Any other alternative to that? I listened to JBL CS396E and they don't hv any bass output. What would u say?
Hey! I'm not defending a JBL speaker here, everyone's entitled to an opinion, but poor bass?? From a JBL?? People mostly complain that JBL sound is too coloured, too enhanced. Never the opposite.

In most probability, the speakers were wired out of phase. Alpine ovals are excellent too and Infinity are terrific, if you can afford them.
Old 23rd August 2005, 10:44   #544
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
beyond that i would look at the Boston RX97 and the Infinity 9603i dont know their local prices though.
infinity 6X9s in India.

Kappa693.7i - Rs 9990/-
Kappa 1.7cs 16990/- (3 way component where the bass is 6X9)
Reference 9601i - 6990/-

Cheers
Old 23rd August 2005, 10:48   #545
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Please tell me if there is anything that we shud check in pioneer HU? I am buying 5750 but it says that is a pioneer one, but have a single sticker that says pioneer. Output is very good, do the pioneer's shipped in india come with any stickers? It doesn says pioneer on the inside of the face plate and on the top of the player but how do I know its not the assembled one?
Zzzehar, no matter what we tell you, please remember that pioneer are not only being assembled here in India, but also in China and it's very very difficult to tell. The company assumes no responsibility and is only looking at making a quick buck.

Both Navin and I suggest you buy any brand head that you like, but with a bill, warranty and service backup.
Old 23rd August 2005, 10:51   #546
Team-BHP Support

pioneer has not appointed any dealer for india. they do not guarantee the authenticity of their goods available in india. what pioneer you see in india is ALL grey market or spurious. If you are intending to buy Pioneer locally please be aware that you have to trust your retailer solely and not Pioneer Corporation. I strongly recommend considering Sony or JVC as options as they have appointed dealers and sell at the same price points.

If you still intend to purchase Pioneer products please be aware that you are on your own. Pioneer has however appointed authorised service cetners which will charge you for repairs if you can prove that your Pioneer unit is an original and not a fake.
Old 23rd August 2005, 10:54   #547
Team-BHP Support

thanks sam for the correction. At my age I cant even remember what country I am in. Sometime I miscalculate the ammount of air I have left and when to pull my chute cord but then such is life. All that flower power stuff has dented my capacities.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2005, 10:56   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Hey! I'm not defending a JBL speaker here, everyone's entitled to an opinion, but poor bass?? From a JBL?? People mostly complain that JBL sound is too coloured, too enhanced. Never the opposite.

In most probability, the speakers were wired out of phase. Alpine ovals are excellent too and Infinity are terrific, if you can afford them.
SAM what would u say abt JBL GTO 936 Without the "E" at the end ! I am getting those for Rs 3600 without warranty. what do you say?
Old 23rd August 2005, 10:59   #549
Team-BHP Support

I get the feeling Zzzehar that mayhe the JBLs were connected out of phase cancelling their phase. If you still have them reverse the wires on any one of them. JBLs are usually known for a hump in their bass around 60-80Hz and an extended hf and I know JBL from the days of the L82. Even the dimunitive Pro III (later called Control 1) had bass that belied it's size.
Old 23rd August 2005, 11:25   #550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
SAM what would u say abt JBL GTO 936 Without the "E" at the end ! I am getting those for Rs 3600 without warranty. what do you say?
Dont buy any car audio without warranty. There are reports of 936 being sold here, without included wires etc. Trust me. ANY brand. Buy with bill and warranty.
Old 23rd August 2005, 11:35   #551
Team-BHP Support

why limit this to car audio. dont buy anything wihtout bill and warranty and service reports.
Old 23rd August 2005, 11:52   #552
BHPian

Quote:
why limit this to car audio. dont buy anything wihtout bill and warranty and service reports.
Ok COOL. I will go in for Blaupunkt's GT Series 6x9 Inches 50 W RMS Speakers with warranty. Thank you.
Old 23rd August 2005, 12:50   #553
Senior - BHPian

why did you change your mind go in for the jbl gto 936e i heard them after sam recommended them and trust me they are wild !! am going to pick them up soon once things are finalized.if you want bass go in for these because once they are installed properly they rock.

still looking for a head unit that can handle the gto's without the help of an amp and give justice to them.but i have a very tight budget for this car so really have to look around.please give me some suggestions.
i cant exceed 6.2 and stretching it would be 6.5 nothing more

Rev

Last edited by revtech : 23rd August 2005 at 12:52.
Old 23rd August 2005, 13:16   #554
Team-BHP Support

most HUs will deliver about 10W rms 20-20kHz 4 channels driven. Few will deliver significantly more. The difference between 10W and 12W is not perceptable so just get a HU that you like and stick to the follow preferences:
1. 4 V pre out
2. 3 sets of pre out
3. subwoofer controls (Low Pass and High Pass filter, etc...)

Even on the car audio sites the HUs are rated as 20W rms but this is often at 1kHz and only one channel driven at 4ohms nominal imprdance and accross the entire freq. spectrum and all 4 channels driven together.
Old 23rd August 2005, 13:18   #555
Team-BHP Support

see
http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/tec...1/article.html
http://www.carstereo.com/rayfes/head.cfm

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks