Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2005, 13:03   #376
lancer_mania

thank you sam for all the help.will i get these anywhere or will i have to go to a jbl shop ??

Rev

Old 7th August 2005, 13:16   #377
BHPian

Sam, what does JBL stand for?
And mate, I still prefer the girls in Mumbai and Pune. They are better than the ones here. In fact, I plan to marry one from either of these places. That is if and when I decide to get married.

Last edited by Vivekphadnis : 7th August 2005 at 13:18.
Old 8th August 2005, 01:33   #378
Senior - BHPian

Where to mount tweeters..???

A question for Sam and others...what is the Best Place for mounting the tweeter if I am buying the GTO 606 ce combo....??? I have been suggested to mount it on the b pillar......on the other hand, the manual says to mount it close to the foot rest recess (close to the regular slot in the front door...but in the main car body....

I have a Pioneer 7450 HU with Pioneer 6920 (6*9 4 way) in teh back and some useless Blaupkunts in the front..I am thinking of changing the front speakers and replace them with 6 inch components from some good company..JBL is under active consideration....

Since I want to decide in the next 2 days...help will be appreciated..

Lastly...can anyone help me get a decent discount on a good componenet set in hyderabad???
Old 8th August 2005, 09:23   #379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
Sam, what does JBL stand for?
And mate, I still prefer the girls in Mumbai and Pune. They are better than the ones here. In fact, I plan to marry one from either of these places. That is if and when I decide to get married.
James Bullough Lansing. The Father of modern speakers.

Vivek, I was married once. Its a bad idea
Old 8th August 2005, 09:27   #380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
A question for Sam and others...what is the Best Place for mounting the tweeter if I am buying the GTO 606 ce combo....??? I have been suggested to mount it on the b pillar......on the other hand, the manual says to mount it close to the foot rest recess (close to the regular slot in the front door...but in the main car body....

I have a Pioneer 7450 HU with Pioneer 6920 (6*9 4 way) in teh back and some useless Blaupkunts in the front..I am thinking of changing the front speakers and replace them with 6 inch components from some good company..JBL is under active consideration....

Lastly...can anyone help me get a decent discount on a good componenet set in hyderabad???
Hey Buffet,

The best place to mount them is the on front dash. Alternatively, if you can manage it, on that place where you would adjust the external mirrors from.
No matter what fusseem says lol, there are no better components than the 606ce (at that price range!)

Hyderabad. OK, do one thing, pick up an autocar, look at the back for the hyderabad distributors number. Call and ask for the boss, Mr. Vohra. Tell him you're a friend of mine. He will guide you very easily then.
Happy listening
Old 8th August 2005, 09:49   #381
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
James Bullough Lansing. The Father of modern speakers.Vivek, I was married once. Its a bad idea
http://www.jblpro.com/pages/history1.htm

As to who the father of the modern loudspeaker is it depends who you ask...see...
http://inventors.miningco.com/gi/dyn...udspeaker.html

and BTW Vivek I am happily married. :-)

Last edited by navin : 8th August 2005 at 10:03.
Old 8th August 2005, 09:59   #382
BHPian

Quote:
and Vivek I am happily married. :-)
Your wife must be really tolerant with your caps and coils, woofers and tweeters. My mother wants to throw me out to make room for all my electronics stuff.

By the way, are there full range JBL drivers I can use for surrounds in home theatre?
Old 8th August 2005, 10:10   #383
Team-BHP Support

JBL's good fullranger or wide range drivers are moslty for Pro (PA) use.
Old 8th August 2005, 10:42   #384
Team-BHP Support

good news esp for Sam.....
I will be AWOL from 15th August to 22nd August. Enjoy.
Old 8th August 2005, 10:44   #385
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
Your wife must be really tolerant with your caps and coils, woofers and tweeters. My mother wants to throw me out to make room for all my electronics stuff.

By the way, are there full range JBL drivers I can use for surrounds in home theatre?
My mom had relegated me and my father to a room that was 20 feet away from the rest of the apt.

My wife does not have that choice but since my son is also interested in inductors and capacitors she tolerates it. Besides we are quite neat and pack up after we are done fooling around.

Last edited by navin : 8th August 2005 at 10:46.
Old 8th August 2005, 10:52   #386
BHPian

Quote:
My mom had relegated me and my father to a room that was 20 feet away from the rest of the apt.
I wonder how much that helped your mother since you guys would have been doing those 100+ dB audio testing.
Old 8th August 2005, 10:54   #387
Team-BHP Support

She was quite tolerant.
Old 8th August 2005, 17:15   #388
Team-BHP Support

I have a Pioneer CDX-P1270 in my Zen and want to know where I can get the door that comes on the Changer unit as my changer shutter is broken... please advice....

The part number as per http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com...delNum=CDXP1270 is CAT2203 and CAT2204....
Also if you guys can advice on some good service center in Bombay for the changer I will be highly obiged. The accessory shop guys in Pune are pathetic.
Old 9th August 2005, 12:52   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
Changing your front speakers to a good pair of components will definetely improve the sound in your car. Highly recommended that you do that soon. Listen to different brands available in your city and then decide.

You can try mounting the tweeters where the A-pillar meets the dashboard. The tweeter facing each other. Or as Sam advised, the place where you can adjust the external rear view mirrors.
Old 9th August 2005, 13:28   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
I have a Pioneer CDX-P1270 in my Zen and want to know where I can get the door that comes on the Changer unit as my changer shutter is broken... please advice....
My changers shutter also broke about six months back but I have not done anything about it nor has it given me any problems due to the absence of the shutter. Just cover the opening with a soft cloth like the yellow cloth with which we clean car mirrors so that dust doesnt get in.

I tried fixing it back or changing it but then I decided against it coz the service centre would want around 1000 bucks for it plus my changer is nearly 5 years old. A brand new Pioneer CD changer costs just Rs.5500!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks