Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2018, 12:51   #13606
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Straight 6 has answered your question. The last Alpine HU I had was the 9835. Since then when ICE was overtaken by ICI (In Car Infotainment) I have used the OEM HU and an external processor like the Alpine 650 or 800 or Audison Bit 10 or Bit 1 to get the best of both worlds.
Thanks Navin. I too have Audison Bit 10 playing in my XUV currently with OEM HU, however since my Crysta GX doesnt come with HU, hence looking out for a new one. So thought instead of going for a touchscreen, why not go old school in order to get best out of the system, hence this Alpine unit came along.

So i guess this unit should do justice as per you guys.

Rest of the equipment are:
Blam RX165 comps
Blam R12DB Sub
Beat 2 for Comps
Beat 1 for Sub

Do you think Comps are good compared to Rainbow DLC 6.2?

Last edited by nitinralli : 8th March 2018 at 12:55.
nitinralli is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 11:38   #13607
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Any recommendations for good 6x9 and a set of component speakers for a budget of 10-12K for both?
Old 11th March 2018, 14:17   #13608

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonil.luthra View Post
Any recommendations for good 6x9 and a set of component speakers for a budget of 10-12K for both?
Rockford Fosgate Prime series - Highly recommended and should fall in your budget.
Old 14th March 2018, 18:13   #13609
BHPian

I'd request guys to please suggest a component speaker upgrade for the front speakers of Ignis in a budget of 10-12K.

The car is running at present with a Sony XAV AX 100 with stock speakers and an active subwoofer.

Just to clarify there are no intention of adding an amp right now. The front components (proposed) will run from the Sony HU. Again the active Subwoofer will run from the Sub output of HU.

I'm looking for a setup which produces good balanced output with clear vocal.
Old 19th March 2018, 23:19   #13610
BHPian

Audio Experts - need some advice.

I am planning to buy a XUV500 - W6 in the next couple of weeks and planning right now to put together a plan to upgrade it once I take delivery of the vehicle. have removed items from my prev car and have some items already with me.

This is what I currently have

Head unit - Pioneer 8890 BT

Component - Polk Audio - DB series - DB6501

Subwoofer 12 inch - MTX - RT1204

DLS 4 channel - XM 40 - 400 Watts RMS

Acoustics Class D - Mono

Power Cables & RCA - Pretty good quality ( Kanban)

I do intend to buy one more pair of components to be used at front and will move the Polk DB components to rear door.

With the loads of ACC and other features of XUV inbuild within the factory infotainment, getting away with that and replacing with after HU doesnt seem be an option.

I can spend an additional 75 K over and above the existing items I already have.

1. What would be the best way to draw inputs from Stock HU to amp. DLS XM 40 does take in Line inputs or should I opt for a DSP like Bit Ten.

2. How does one feed input to the MonoBlock. Would line out from 4 channel work as input feed to Mono Block or in case of BIT ten or other DSP I suppose we could get a Sub Pre out

3. what would be the suggestion for front components. XM 40 can drive upto 100 watts RMS per channel at 2 ohms and drops down as Impedence increases

4. Ideal place to fix the amps. Tail area doesnt seem to be a place of choice to me.

5. Where in Chennai can i source Bit ten and what would be the price.

all 7 seats wont be used mostly and last row can be kept folded.

Note - All my prev installs have been done by Anwar ( Top gear , Bangalore), pls do allocate some amount of that 75 K I can afford to Damping & Installation. do have good quality cables and RCA already in hand.

Regards, Vijay.
Old 30th March 2018, 20:59   #13611
BHPian

I am currently running the stock head unit on a Vento (RCD 310) connected to a set of DLS MA 6.1 components upfront and the stock rear speakers.

I am considering getting a simple no frills amplifier to improve the sound quality like the Blaupunkt EMA 255 in the link below

https://www.amazon.in/Blaupunkt-EMA-...upunkt+ema+255

1. Would the amplifier allow me to get the best performance out of the aftermarket components upfront or would a better head unit help more ?

2. Also, would I need a Hi-Lo converter if the amplifier has speaker level inputs ?

3. What kind of wiring do I need to get ?

4. Should I consider the four channel variant of this amplifier and also run the rear speakers off it ?
Old 4th April 2018, 01:27   #13612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvedup View Post
I am currently running the stock head unit on a Vento (RCD 310) connected to a set of DLS MA 6.1 components upfront and the stock rear speakers.

I am considering getting a simple no frills amplifier to improve the sound quality like the Blaupunkt EMA 255 in the link below

https://www.amazon.in/Blaupunkt-EMA-...upunkt+ema+255

1. Would the amplifier allow me to get the best performance out of the aftermarket components upfront or would a better head unit help more ?

2. Also, would I need a Hi-Lo converter if the amplifier has speaker level inputs ?

4. Should I consider the four channel variant of this amplifier and also run the rear speakers off it ?
Gurus please advise, my installer is trying to talk me into getting a hi lo Converter.
Old 4th April 2018, 03:02   #13613
BANNED

Quote:
I am considering getting a simple no frills amplifier to improve the sound quality like the Blaupunkt EMA 255
Are you getting this for only the front speakers?

Quote:
An amplifier will help you get higher quality output but the HU is what that drives the output from the music source. If the source isn't that great, the amplification won't be as expected.

If you can spend in installments, add an amplifier + better quality speakers. Then at a later stage swap the OE HU for a better one.

Quote:
2. Also, would I need a Hi-Lo converter if the amplifier has speaker level inputs?
If the amplifier supports speaker-level input, then avoid Hi-low convertor.

Sound chain from HU to speakers shorter the better and cleaner the output (Read lesser chances of distortion)

Quote:
Search for 'amplifier installation kits' that are available online which will take care of Power + Ground + RCA + Remote ON + Fuse.

For HU to Amplifier, there will be vehicle specific wiring harness that connects to OEM HU connectors and the other end is used as Speaker level inputs.

Local audio installers will have this available.

Quote:
4. Should I consider the four channel variant of this amplifier and also run the rear speakers off it?
If you are the only one in the car and plan to keep the rear speakers as just a "rear-fill" then the two channel amplifier will do.

If you have the budget, get the 4 channel version and connect the front and rear speakers to it for a complete sound output.

Last edited by a4anurag : 4th April 2018 at 03:04.
Old 4th April 2018, 03:13   #13614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gurus please advise, my installer is trying to talk me into getting a hi lo Converter.
the EMA 255 comes with a built in hi lo converter.
In case it was not included with the amplifier, you can get the right plug
https://www.ebay.com/itm/High-level-...UAAOSwdB5alMWk
Old 4th April 2018, 09:20   #13615
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am considering getting a simple no frills amplifier to improve the sound quality like the Blaupunkt EMA 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Are you getting this for only the front speakers?
@Revvedup, You have answered your question. Yes, a 4-channel. Why would you want to run only the front speakers off the amp ?
I am using the Blau 455, and fine with it.

Quote:
Old 6th April 2018, 23:21   #13616
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks progress on restoring my Forester has been very slow at last the mechanical aspects have more or less been completed (suspension, clutch, mounts, brakes, etc) things are moving on to the convenience aspects and electricals. I have bought a Pioneer DEH80PRS head unit for the car which is supposed to allow better fine tuning of audio. Keeping that in mind, I wanted to get some relatively decent front speakers for the car. I am seeing Morel Tempo Ultra 2 way components going for around 18k while the older tempo 6 is available for 10k should I buy one of them? If so are the Tempo ultras worth the extra dough? If not are there any other speakers I should look out for to be used in the front? I prefer smoother sound and a lot of detail if that makes any sense to the experts here.
Old 7th April 2018, 01:52   #13617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I am seeing Morel Tempo Ultra 2 way components going for around 18k while the older tempo 6 is available for 10k should I buy one of them?
Generally, Audio stuff follows the law of diminishing returns. Something that costs 80% more is definitely not going to sound 80% better. I would say maybe 10% is more like it. but there are those for whom 8k is not a big amount for that 10% increase. Question is, are you one of them?

Also, the more expensive speakers tend to have less sensitivity as they assume that you are going to drive them with an amp anyway. Either way, the specs of these seem similar. I would go for the 10K one. I'd say 5-10k is personally my sweet spot for components. Listen and pick one you like. Though Pioneers are a bit bright - I would have preferred an alpine/Kenwood/JVC
Old 7th April 2018, 03:10   #13618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Generally, Audio stuff follows the law of diminishing returns. Something that costs 80% more is definitely not going to sound 80% better. I would say maybe 10% is more like it. but there are those for whom 8k is not a big amount for that 10% increase. Question is, are you one of them?
Thanks for that I know what you mean but couldn't word it better. What I meant was is there an audible difference? This restoration is costing me quite a lot and to an extent I don't mind spending a bit more. The thing is, I have never had the chance to sample Morel components. If someone who has sampled the Tempo 6 and sampled the Tempo ultras, could highlight if one can actually make out a difference between them, that would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Also, the more expensive speakers tend to have less sensitivity as they assume that you are going to drive them with an amp anyway.
You have conveniently brought me onto my next question. What amp/amps should I buy to run my setup? I also have an old pioneer champion series 12" sub-woofer in a ported enclosure that I would like to use in the Forester.
Old 7th April 2018, 03:40   #13619
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
You have conveniently brought me onto my next question. What amp/amps should I buy to run my setup?.
Can you put down the budget allocated for speakers and amplifier?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2018, 03:46   #13620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Can you put down the budget allocated for speakers and amplifier?
Hoping to spend 30k Max for front components and amp. Rear coaxials and sub woofer are being repurposed from my WagonR

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks