Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2017, 11:46   #13471
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

I have a issue with sound setup in Rapid.

At times there is no sound and on restarting the car sound comes through speakers.

Generally when there is no sound I check to see if AMP is working and it has Green light or working.

Car Rapid.
HU OEM
Rainbow Components
Digital Dynamics AMP.
Installation properly done in Delhi at Driven.

Issue is when I take car to get tested then sound is coming and audio install guys are not able to figure the issue.

What to do as this problem of sound not coming has no pattern.
Old 11th April 2017, 14:26   #13472
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
I have a issue with sound setup in Rapid.

At times there is no sound and on restarting the car sound comes through speakers.

Generally when there is no sound I check to see if AMP is working and it has Green light or working.

Car Rapid.
HU OEM
Rainbow Components
Digital Dynamics AMP.

Issue is when I take car to get tested then sound is coming and audio install guys are not able to figure the issue.

What to do as this problem of sound not coming has no pattern.
How often have you been to Driven? Was that your first time?
Old 11th April 2017, 16:13   #13473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
How often have you been to Driven? Was that your first time?
Does my number of visits impact the issue at hand?

Anyways used their services multiple times, back in 2009 got the install in Swift. Working flawlessly till date.

Its this peculiar issue with install in Rapid that needs to be sorted.
Old 11th April 2017, 16:16   #13474
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Any idea how Sam passed away?
Please read the link in my earlier post above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
At times there is no sound and on restarting the car sound comes through speakers. Car Rapid.
HU OEM
Rainbow Components
Digital Dynamics AMP.
Connect the speakers directly to the HU (bypass the amp) and see if the problem reoccurs. If so you know where to look.

Last edited by navin : 11th April 2017 at 16:21.
Old 18th April 2017, 11:14   #13475
BHPian

Amplifier cuts out momentarily. Need help.

I am facing a peculiar issue of the late with my Blaupunkt GTA 470DSP amplifier.

My current set-up is as follows:

1. Head Unit - Pioneer 5890 BT;
2. Front and Rear - Focal ISS 165 components;
3. Front and Rear components are being powered by the Blaupunkt GTA 470DSP;
4. JBL CSX-1400BP - 12 inch subwoofer in the boot; and
5. JBL GX-A646SI - powering the subwoofer.

The issue

Sometimes on high volume, the components cut out for a second and then come back on. However, at mid and low volumes, the music plays well indefinitely with no issues. The subwoofer however continues to play in that interim 1 second when the components cut out.

What could be the reason for the Blaupunkt amplifier to suddenly cut out the power to the components when the JBL amplifier continues to power the subwoofer?

P.S. This issue seems to be erratic and does not occur regularly.

Best,
Enigmatic

Last edited by Enigmatic : 18th April 2017 at 11:24.
Old 18th April 2017, 11:44   #13476
Team-BHP Support

Re: Amplifier cuts out momentarily. Need help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
1. Head Unit - Pioneer 5890 BT;
2. Front and Rear - Focal ISS 165 components;
3. Front and Rear components are being powered by the Blaupunkt GTA 470DSP;
4. JBL CSX-1400BP - 12 inch subwoofer in the boot; and
5. JBL GX-A646SI - powering the subwoofer.

The issue

Sometimes on high volume, the components cut out for a second and then come back on. However, at mid and low volumes, the music plays well indefinitely with no issues. The subwoofer however continues to play in that interim 1 second when the components cut out.

What could be the reason for the Blaupunkt amplifier to suddenly cut out the power to the components when the JBL amplifier continues to power the subwoofer?
2 things.

a. The Amp is overheating and protecting itself.
b. The battery voltage falls below the "suggested operating voltage" of the amp and the amp goes off till the battery recharges enough.

Disconnect the subwoofer amp and see if this happens. if it does then it is (a) if not it is (b).
navin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 12:05   #13477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
2 things.

b. The battery voltage falls below the "suggested operating voltage" of the amp and the amp goes off till the battery recharges enough.

Disconnect the subwoofer amp and see if this happens. if it does then it is (a) if not it is (b).
Thanks, Navin.

I will try disconnecting the subwoofer amp and report back.

Best,
Enigmatic
Old 20th April 2017, 14:38   #13478
BHPian

Pls suggest.

I have set up the equalisers as per the attached sheet.

What should I do to reduce the shrillness of some high frequencies for which I am unable to comprehend the bands for.

New Microsoft Office Word Document.docx
Old 20th April 2017, 14:58   #13479
Senior - BHPian

install frequency analyzer on phone
run sweep tone
look at response on screen for peaks
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 21:11   #13480
BHPian

Guys, I am planning to install Android Head Unit on my July 2014 manufactured Skoda Rapid (1.6 TDI Elegance with steering control) soon, along with Reverse Camera; Have already ordered the HU from Aliexpress and received the below unit.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/8-co...800366066.html

Now I am in a dilemma whether to install it as a DIY or to find an installer for the same. Prior to the actual install, I want to test the HU in my car which is fitted with RCN320 (Visteon). But I do not know whether it will ask for 'Radio Code' while reconnecting. I do not remember SA saying anything about this 'Code' during delivery of the vehicle nor do I find anything in the user manual of the HU. Also I do not remember seeing any code stuck over this HU, when I opened the same (not disconnected the cables, then) to check for the connector details.

Can someone provide some info on this HU (RCN320), whether it will ask for code or not, during reconnection, so that I can proceed with the same confidently?

Thanks.
Old 24th April 2017, 12:37   #13481
BHPian

Quote:
2 things.

It is (b).

Switched off the subwoofer amplifier and the components continued playing seamlessly. Also noticed that with the subwoofer running, the components have a higher tendency of cutting out (for a second) when the car is stationary. This leads me to believe that the amplifier is falling below the "suggested operating voltage".

What should I do to rectify this?

Best,
Enigmatic

Last edited by Enigmatic : 24th April 2017 at 12:52.
Enigmatic is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 15:05   #13482
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What should I do to rectify this?
Enigmatic
The bad news: you would have to find an amplifier that is not so "sensitive" to battery voltage. GTO had a similar issue until we shifted to Steg amps which can continue to operate at low as 10VDC. See GTO's thread below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post2143461

The good news: Most amps that are tolerant of battery voltage have very well regulated power supplies and hence are much higher quality than less tolerant amplifiers.
Old 24th April 2017, 19:31   #13483
BHPian

Quote:
The bad news: you would have to find an amplifier that is not so "sensitive" to battery voltage. GTO had a similar issue until we shifted to Steg amps which can continue to operate at low as 10VDC. See GTO's thread below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post2143461

The good news: Most amps that are tolerant of battery voltage have very well regulated power supplies and hence are much higher quality than less tolerant amplifiers.
Many thanks, Navin.

Read through the issue GTO was facing and it seems to be an inherent problem with the Civic. Good to know that Steg came to GTO's rescue however, I am not sure if I will be able to procure a Steg amplifier. Also more importantly, my current components are not worthy of Steg.

Maybe getting a 4 channel Class D amp should suffice (Infinity Kappa Four ?).

Best,
Enigmatic
Old 25th April 2017, 11:06   #13484
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Maybe getting a 4 channel Class D amp should suffice (Infinity Kappa Four ?).
Since it is the TOTAL draw from the battery one option would be to get a Class D monoblock and see if that helps. You can then use either the Blau 470 or JBL 646 to drive the front and rear.
Old 30th April 2017, 21:39   #13485
BHPian

Quoting from my own post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman View Post
Prior to the actual install, I want to test the HU in my car which is fitted with RCN320 (Visteon). But I do not know whether it will ask for 'Radio Code' while reconnecting.

Can someone provide some info on this HU (RCN320), whether it will ask for code or not, during reconnection, so that I can proceed with the same confidently?
Yesterday, I tested disconnecting the OEM Head Unit and reconnected the same; The HU did not ask for any code after reconnection.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks