Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2017, 11:24   #13561
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quick question has anyone actually pulled apart the dash for a top end Suzuki with the SmartPlay system to see the kind of outputs it has?

There is a Hertz 4 channel amp + Hertz components with spacers + self powered subwoofer package that they offer for roughly 20k that looks REALLY interesting.

This would be for SCross or Ignis
Old 15th October 2017, 18:34   #13562
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
Quick question has anyone actually pulled apart the dash for a top end Suzuki with the SmartPlay system to see the kind of outputs it has?
I haven't teared down anything on my car yet to answer your first question. I'm running on Hertz system on my Brezza ZDI+ . I would say the output is just okay but when it's compared with market leaders such as JBL, Pioneer and other competitors. I'm already thinking of upgrading to a better speaker set and tweeters. For now, my first priority is to add a sub-woofer. I'm just going through threads to understand the best setup for Sub because it's got its own specification such as Active or Passive ones. I need to understand which suits my need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
There is a Hertz 4 channel amp + Hertz components with spacers + self powered subwoofer package that they offer for roughly 20k that looks REALLY interesting.

This would be for SCross or Ignis
I would suggest you go with aftermarket products because Hertz system isn't that great if you ask me for the price MS has quoted. Again this is at personal discretion
Old 17th October 2017, 13:49   #13563
BHPian

Anyone using the Focal PS 165 V1 or the Focal Flax components ? (PS 165FX)

Looking for a feedback on either one and a comparison between the two, if possible.
Old 17th October 2017, 21:18   #13564
BHPian

Hi bhpians,

Does anyone have an idea on the power output of the stock HU of the Alto K10 (Nippon NC67PO)?

I need to improve the sound quality of the system, the stock speakers sound pretty muddy and bass heavy. Planning to install only front components as of now without amp (vit M shortage), any suggestions for speakers that the HU can drive well, looking for warm sound signature with punchy mids and laid back / less harsh highs. After some research, these are the options I was able to finalize on:
1. Morel maximo 6
2. Polk db6501/6502
3. Alpine SPS-610C
4. Infinity reference 6500cx

Any suggestions, my budget is 7k for the speakers, will go for damping and rear 6x9 in stage 2.
Old 17th October 2017, 23:52   #13565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grease_Monkey View Post
Does anyone have an idea on the power output of the stock HU of the Alto K10 (Nippon NC67PO)?
1. Morel maximo 6
2. Polk db6501/6502
3. Alpine SPS-610C
4. Infinity reference 6500cx
Most factory HU have output of around 8-14w RMS at 4ohm.
1. Morel maximo 6 : Smooth sound, detailed and laid back tweeter but lacks mid bass.
2. Polk DB6501: Very bright sounding.
3. Alpine SPS 610c: Nice mid bass, but lacks detail in high end.
4. Infinity Ref 6500cx: The best bet in this price range. Balanced sound.

But i feel it will be better to wait and buy a reasonably good component first than upgrade later. Ideally 75% of budget on speaker and 25% on amp.
Mashblue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 00:06   #13566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashblue View Post
Most factory HU have output of around 8-14w RMS at 4ohm.
1. Morel maximo 6 : Smooth sound, detailed and laid back tweeter but lacks mid bass.
2. Polk DB6501: Very bright sounding.
3. Alpine SPS 610c: Nice mid bass, but lacks detail in high end.
4. Infinity Ref 6500cx: The best bet in this price range. Balanced sound.

But i feel it will be better to wait and buy a reasonably good component first than upgrade later. Ideally 75% of budget on speaker and 25% on amp.
Thanks, any good options within 7-8k for 6.5" coaxials, for keeping the stock look. I can move the coaxials to rear parcel tray and upgrade to components in the front at a later stage. Although I am keen on the front sound staging primarily since only two of us use the car 95% of the time.

Any shop where I can audition the speakers in Bangalore? I have been to several shops in Bangalore like Evo, Autoshop etc but am not able to audition them to make an informed decision.
Old 19th October 2017, 13:41   #13567
BHPian

To anyone who has purchased either head unit or speakers online through sites like Amazon and Flipkart, how have you gotten it installed.

Have you been able to get it done at local accessories shop, and how much have they charged?
Old 19th October 2017, 13:53   #13568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
To anyone who has purchased either head unit or speakers online through sites like Amazon and Flipkart, how have you gotten it installed.

Have you been able to get it done at local accessories shop, and how much have they charged?
snapdeal offers free fitment
The rest, I suppose they would charge a few hundred/component as labour (based on my experience fitting other stuff)
Make sure you buy the proper wiring harness/matching adapter for your car too
alternately, if you buy one of the setup components from them, you'll get a decent discount for installation charges

Last edited by greenhorn : 19th October 2017 at 13:55.
Old 19th October 2017, 20:05   #13569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grease_Monkey View Post
Thanks, any good options within 7-8k for 6.5" coaxials,

Any shop where I can audition the speakers in Bangalore?
I haven't heard too many 6.5" coaxial speakers so can't comment on this. The second part of your question is an issue, i dont think any shop will audition you some speakers at that budget. All the famous audio shops will give you an audition if only your budget is 1L plus .
P.S we could have TBHP sound off meets once in a while, will help people to make an informed decision. I hope mods can add to this.
Mashblue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 09:23   #13570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post

I recently got two sets of HU, Blau San Marino 330 for a good price from flipkart (less than 9.5k each). Got them installed in an S-cross and my bro's ISUZU V-cross.
For S-cross, including steering wheel control, reverse camera, finishing plate etc., my installer in Bangalore charged me 2.8k.
Old 20th October 2017, 10:13   #13571

I recently installed the following in my Honda city 2017:
Hertz Energy Series front components
Hertz Dieci Series rear components
Pulse 4 channel amplifier
Slick monoblock
Vible slick wiring kit.
The setup sounds way better than stock speakers, and planning to get the headunit changed in sometime.
Old 16th November 2017, 11:12   #13572
BHPian

I was considering adding a sub-woofer to the ICE on my Beat. My current ICE setup is as follows:
- JVC R500 HU
- Cerwin Vega front component speakers
- 2-ch Pioneer Amp powering the components

I'm not sure if its even feasible but ideally looking for a sub-woofer + amp + wiring under 10k. I'd like the bass to be tight and punchy (not boomy) but I have very little idea of which brand / model might suit my requirements.

I did search on Amazon and found a few sub-woofers listed below:
1. Pioneer Champion TS-W1211D4 12-inch Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer
2. Sony XS-NW1202S Box Subwoofer
3. Blaupunkt GTb 8200 A

I think the first two are passive while the 3rd is an active sub-woofer. Would any of these meet my requirements? I'd really appreciate other suggestions as well that would fit my budget.
Old 16th November 2017, 13:54   #13573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red.devil_19 View Post
I think the first two are passive while the 3rd is an active sub-woofer. Would any of these meet my requirements? I'd really appreciate other suggestions as well that would fit my budget.
I would say buy a higher quality subwoofer (plenty of decent ones in a 10K budget, even more if you consider used) , and hook it up to your amp, and let the HU drive the components.
When you have a sub, you can use the HPF/LPF in your HU to filter the bass and send it to the sub, while sending only the higher frequencies to the components - they should not need an amp now, since most of the power is needed for bass, and that is being taken care of by the sub.

You can, at a later date, upgrade to a 4 channel amp, if you think volume levels are not sufficient (that way you still won't need to invest in wiring)
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 14:24   #13574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I would say buy a higher quality subwoofer (plenty of decent ones in a 10K budget, even more if you consider used) , and hook it up to your amp, and let the HU drive the components.
When you have a sub, you can use the HPF/LPF in your HU to filter the bass and send it to the sub, while sending only the higher frequencies to the components - they should not need an amp now, since most of the power is needed for bass, and that is being taken care of by the sub.

You can, at a later date, upgrade to a 4 channel amp, if you think volume levels are not sufficient (that way you still won't need to invest in wiring)
Thanks Greenhorn. That's an interesting suggestion. Hadn't thought about connecting the components directly to the HU and letting the existing amp power the sub. I hope the sound quality from the components won't be compromised too much because I love the output from those speakers.

Could you suggest a few options for subs I could consider for my budget?

I suppose I'll also have to check whether the amp I have is sufficient to power the sub. It been nearly 5 years since the ICE was installed and I've forgotten the amp model I have!
Old 22nd November 2017, 14:22   #13575
BHPian

Any after market HU recommendations for Honda BRV. My budget is around 25K for headunit. I heard honda stock speakers are generally good so will try it out before deciding on speakers.

I am okay with android also. My requirements are touch screen , Bluetooth connectivity, google maps, good sound and high resolution screen.

thanks for your help in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks