Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2018, 20:17   #13591
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Hello guys,

It's been around 5 years since we bought our Swift Dzire in 2012. The car has been very reliable and dependable for all purposes, whether running errands or going on outstation trips, BUT one thing that has always irritated us are the stock Nippon speakers.

They are a set of below average sounding speakers that are just doing their job (producing sound) and nothing else. Shallow bass, tinny treble and no mids.

It's time to get rid of them for good. I don't really want to go over the top with all the high end component speakers, amplifiers and woofers. I am looking for a plug and play upgrade.

Can anybody suggest a good set of Coaxial speakers which can replace the stock ones? I am willing to spend around 6000-8000/- per pair.
Old 1st March 2018, 20:55   #13592
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

I have a Blaupunkt Hamburg MP57 HU lying at home along with a set of ovals which I had removed from my Petra. I'm planning to install the same in an Alto. The problem is the external mic (see pic) is damaged and I'm unable to find a replacement. Any idea where I can get one? Alternatively is it possible to add some other mic to this HU? I was thinking of mics available for computers etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-hamburgmp57.jpg  

Old 3rd March 2018, 07:21   #13593
Senior - BHPian

I recently obtained much better audio performance in the front seats from a JBL Flip 3, compared to the after market install in the car. I believe that not being trapped inside the car body had a lot to do with this - apart from the fact that the JBL incorporates all the recent improvements in tech, that are still on going, where such devices are concerned. In comparison I think that car audio tech is pretty much stagnant.

I need to see how to get the latest such speaker and make a convenient mount for it in the car, and use it regularly. And change it out every couple of years when an audibly better one comes.

The nice thing about this is that the only electrical interface with the car is in the running of the cable to the charger socket, so no worries about warranty issues or wiring integrity/load on the car battery. And these speakers are also now available to be used a stereo pair. The Minirig 2 pair that I use away from home is a brilliant example.

Last edited by Sawyer : 3rd March 2018 at 07:39.
Old 3rd March 2018, 11:54   #13594
BHPian

@pedrolourenco

https://www.amazon.in/Universal-Pion.../dp/B074FR41Q2.

Last edited by veeru27 : 3rd March 2018 at 11:56.
Old 3rd March 2018, 11:58   #13595
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshrey22 View Post
They are a set of below average sounding speakers that are just doing their job (producing sound) and nothing else. Shallow bass, tinny treble and no mids.

Can anybody suggest a good set of Coaxial speakers which can replace the stock ones? I am willing to spend around 6000-8000/- per pair.
Look at Focal, Morel, DLS, Rainbow what are warmer than the typical OEM speaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
The problem is the external mic (see pic) is damaged and I'm unable to find a replacement. Any idea where I can get one? Alternatively is it possible to add some other mic to this HU? I was thinking of mics available for computers etc.
I suppose any mono mic with a mono "EP" connector will work. I do not know if it will work as efficiently as the original because there might be some impedance mismatch so you might have to try out a few mics.

Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Pio...reo+microphone

Last edited by navin : 3rd March 2018 at 11:59.
navin is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2018, 15:11   #13596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I suppose any mono mic with a mono "EP" connector will work. I do not know if it will work as efficiently as the original because there might be some impedance mismatch so you might have to try out a few mics.

Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Pio...reo+microphone
I found this on the Amazon India site:
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...A2JS8RQLR2HJU1

Is this suitable?
Old 6th March 2018, 12:26   #13597
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
I found this on the Amazon India site:
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...A2JS8RQLR2HJU1

Is this suitable?
Yes that should work. It is a mono EP pin.
navin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 14:53   #13598
Senior - BHPian

Just got Innova Crysta GX model and hence looking out for Touch screen head-unit which has Apple carplay for sure. Saw reviews of Pionner AVH5090BT below in one of the threads but it has issues with Apple phones so any other unit i can look for? Any unit in Alpine series?
Old 7th March 2018, 16:58   #13599
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Just got Innova Crysta GX model and hence looking out for Touch screen head-unit which has Apple carplay for sure. Saw reviews of Pionner AVH5090BT below in one of the threads but it has issues with Apple phones so any other unit i can look for? Any unit in Alpine series?
I did not know the 5090BT has had trouble with iPhones. Where did you read this?
Old 7th March 2018, 17:03   #13600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did not know the 5090BT has had trouble with iPhones. Where did you read this?
I mean to say it was having issues with Navigation when it came to Ipones.
Has it been worked out now?

This was the thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...onda-city.html
nitinralli is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 17:23   #13601
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I mean to say it was having issues with Navigation when it came to Ipones.
Has it been worked out now?

This was the thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...onda-city.html
I don't know enough to answer that. I use Google Maps for navigation.
Old 7th March 2018, 18:42   #13602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have this HU installed on my new Crysta. Apple car play works but I haven't been able to make android auto work with my Honor 6X. I belive its a phone problem than anything else. On connecting to the HU it stays in charging mode and AA just doesn't work. At other times I get the infamous pull handbrake to start AA. In short AA just doesn't work for me. I even have tuner issues which needs a change of antenna which I plan to do soon. But I have installed Focal K6 power components and the sound is outstanding.
Old 7th March 2018, 20:08   #13603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't know enough to answer that. I use Google Maps for navigation.
Any feedback on Alpine CDE W265EBT? Heard its real great in terms of music quality if a person is ready to sacrifice touchscreen gimmicks.
Old 8th March 2018, 00:10   #13604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any feedback on Alpine CDE W265EBT? Heard its real great in terms of music quality if a person is ready to sacrifice touchscreen gimmicks.
Yes, its a good hu. Go for it.
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2018, 10:49   #13605
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Yes, its a good hu. Go for it.
Straight 6 has answered your question. The last Alpine HU I had was the 9835. Since then when ICE was overtaken by ICI (In Car Infotainment) I have used the OEM HU and an external processor like the Alpine 650 or 800 or Audison Bit 10 or Bit 1 to get the best of both worlds.
navin is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks