Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2018, 00:03   #13726
BHPian

Re: Audio upgrade for new swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The OEM system can be retained if you so wish. However when doing so keep in mind 2 things
Hi Sir,

I have decided on changing my head unit for sure. I'm looking to pick up a sony XAV-AX3000.

Now coming to the components, I'm confused between Morel Maximo ultra 602, Kicker 43CSS654 and Polk Audio DB 6502. Which one offers the most vfm and most balanced sound? Would you recommend anything other than these? Also, the coaxials should be from the same brand only or different?

Coming to the sub, which one offers the most bang for the buck
a. DD 612 redline
b. Morel Primo 12
c. Infinity Kappa 1200W
I also saw Rockford fosgate P3D4-12 online and had good reviews but is very overpriced in India.
Any other option that I could have missed?

Which 4channel amp should I go for to power the above setup?

Last edited by shreyak_ss : 18th September 2018 at 00:15.
Old 18th September 2018, 11:31   #13727
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
I'm confused between Morel Maximo ultra 602

Also, the coaxials should be from the same brand only or different?

Coming to the sub, which one offers the most bang for the buck
b. Morel Primo 12

Which 4channel amp should I go for to power the above setup?
I would stick to Morel of the models you have listed. Check out DLS and Rainbow as well.

For the amp I would get the Helix D4 or Kenwood 704. They both give you about 60W/ch x 4ohms for the front and about 200W bridged for the subwoofer.
navin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 01:44   #13728
BHPian

Quote:
I would stick to Morel..

For the amp I would get the Helix D4 or Kenwood 704. They both give you about 60W/ch x 4ohms for the front and about 200W bridged for the subwoofer.
I've decided on Morel Maximo ultra 602 for the speakers. Should I get the coaxials along or I can get it sometime later?

Instead of changing to sony HU, I can also get the pioneer deq-s1000a, right? I feel that it'll do the same job and I can save some ₹₹ and retain the stock look.
https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-ent...or/deq-s1000a/

I got in touch with Akshay Kamath aka Bass&trouble today regarding the same and since the primo 12" is not available, he suggested the Focal BP20 instead. I would like your opinion on the same.

Also, if I go with the Focal enclosure, what amp should I get for the speakers? The helix D4 is coming out to be a bit expensive and over shooting the total setup cost. How is the pioneer gm-d8604 or Focal AP 4340? Focal is a lot cheaper than helix and pioneer looks better on paper. Tried to look for the kenwood 704 but couldn't find it yet.

Last edited by shreyak_ss : 19th September 2018 at 02:06.
shreyak_ss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 12:03   #13729
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I got in touch with Akshay Kamath aka Bass&trouble today regarding the same and since the primo 12" is not available, he suggested the Focal BP20 instead. I would like your opinion on the same.

How is the pioneer gm-d8604 or Focal AP 4340? Focal is a lot cheaper than helix and pioneer looks better on paper. Tried to look for the kenwood 704 but couldn't find it yet.
It's AJAY Kamath.

The DEQ S1000a is a brilliant find. I never knew it existed. Thanks.

I have not heard the Focal BP20 so cant comment on if it would be better or worse than the Morel.

I have seen the Pioneer D8604 but not the Focal 4340 so again I cant offer a suggestion as to which is better.
navin is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 12:50   #13730
BHPian

Quote:
It's AJAY Kamath.
Oops, my bad.

Quote:
I have not heard the Focal BP20 so cant comment on if it would be better or worse than the Morel.

I have seen the Pioneer D8604 but not the Focal 4340 so again I cant offer a suggestion as to which is better.
The focal is an 8" sub with a Band pass type enclosure. He is offering this for 18k. I don't know if this will be better or worse compared to an individual setup.

Would you recommend pioneer? Or some other amp?

I'm sorry to bother you but I have a hundred questions and very less knowledge about all this.

Thanks a lot for your inputs.
Old 19th September 2018, 13:05   #13731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Instead of changing to sony HU, I can also get the pioneer deq-s1000a, right? I feel that it'll do the same job and I can save some ₹₹ and retain the stock look.
https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-ent...or/deq-s1000a/
Thank you so much for this product link. It's another, very interesting entrant from Pioneer. Value for money and HIGHLY desirable to maintain the stock head unit from the car.

One more interesting product from their stable is this:
https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-ent...ers/sph-c19bt/
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 13:19   #13732
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The focal is an 8" sub with a Band pass type enclosure.

Would you recommend pioneer? Or some other amp?

I'm sorry to bother you but I have a hundred questions and very less knowledge about all this.
Firstly, you do NOT have to ever apologize for your questions. We (at TBHP) are happy to help. That is the very reason this forum exists.

Band Pass subs can be very efficient but I wont normally recommend them (the reasons are long and varied). Suffice to say that to make a band pass sub that can sing and combine well with direct radiator type speakers (for mids and highs) is not easy. I have NOT heard the Focal BP20 so will not offer any specific advise on this model. I would urge you to listen before you buy.

I prefer "direct radiator sealed box" subwoofers even if they are less efficient but that's just me. There are several good subwoofers in the market - Morel, Focal, DLS, Polk, Boston, etc. I am sure you can find one that suits your car and taste you just need to ask around a little.

The Pioneer is not a bad amplifier. I don't think the Focal is bad either. I suspect you will be happy with either of them.

Disclaimer: my knowledge about audio is stronger in home and pro audio than car audio and technologies like Bluetooth and other computer related stuff is strictly outside my domain.
navin is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 10:59   #13733
BANNED

Re: Upgrading your OEM Car Audio on a budget

I am very satisfied with the Sony EX150AP and F&D E200 soundbar.

I want to know how many amps can we extract from the car's alternator and battery to power the accessories in a base model car without power windows.

Is it safe to run 500 watts on lights continuously for hours?
Old 28th September 2018, 11:03   #13734
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
I am very satisfied with the Sony EX150AP and F&D E200 soundbar.
Sorry but aren't these sony in ear headphones and home TV soundbar?

What is the relation to in car DSP?
Old 28th September 2018, 11:11   #13735
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Sorry but aren't these sony in ear headphones and home TV soundbar?

What is the relation to in car DSP?
I understand that the car audio equipment have considerable amp draw.

I want to hear from these experience gentlemen the maximum amp draw out of stock alternator and battery that they are comfortable with.

I am planning to upgrade my 330 watt headlights to 500 watts, hence the concern.
Old 28th September 2018, 11:26   #13736
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you for starting this thread. I am a super noob when it comes to audio.

I have this HU in my car (Kenwood DPX-MP5100U) :
Name:  Screen Shot 20180928 at 11.22.36 AM.png
Views: 2101
Size:  523.4 KB

I would like advise on what 4 speakers I need to get myself. All speakers should be 6.5".
I was thinking component speakers in the front and coaxials in the back. But, no idea on which brand to buy or which is good.

The music I listen to is mostly hip hop, sometimes country and Bollywood songs. I like Badshah kind of songs too.
Old 28th September 2018, 18:12   #13737
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I understand that the car audio equipment have considerable amp draw.
That depends on the # of components you use and their power consumption which in turn depends on the output. Amplifiers consume the maximum power and sub-woofer amps in particular.

Quote:
I want to hear from these experience gentlemen the maximum amp draw out of stock alternator and battery that they are comfortable with.
That depends again on the vehicle model. Generally, and I stress on the word, alternators are designed by the car manufacturer to power the entire car's electrical system and accessories in most circumstances. Therefore alternators can vary from 50 A to over 200 and even 300 A depending on the vehicle. In the US you get aftermarket high power alternators. But you have to remember high power parts require the wiring to be upgraded AND will affect fuel economy. Diesel cars commonly have more powerful alternators and bigger batteries than their petrol counterparts.

Quote:
I am planning to upgrade my 330 watt headlights to 500 watts, hence the concern.
500 W on headlights?! How does one do that and which car is this on? Please plan this out carefully with an experienced electrician considering your car's stock alternator output and headlamp assembly. Heat can damage headlamps. Or, are you referring to add-on accessory lights?

High consumption accessories can affect battery charging and other factory electronic/electrical systems. 500 W is >41 A and you would require to upgrade the wires to 8 AWG or better to handle this load not to mention the appropriate relays and fuses.

Last edited by R2D2 : 28th September 2018 at 18:14.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 21:03   #13738
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
500 W on headlights?! How does one do that and which car is this on?
I have a Ford Figo 1.5D Base. I have 55/60W H4 bulbs in my headlights and have fitted 4 Hella 500FF auxiliary lights. I was using 55w bulbs there till last week and have upgraded to 100w bulbs yesterday. They are yet to face my typical usage, i.e all night drives.

Besides that I have enabled the option of sounding a Hella single 312W Trumpet or a combination of a pair of Bosh Europa and OEM Minda HN09 pair.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-car.jpg  

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img_20180927_170924.jpg  

COMMUTER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 21:36   #13739
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have a Ford Figo 1.5D Base. I have 55/60W H4 bulbs in my headlights and have fitted 4 Hella 500FF auxiliary lights. I was using 55w bulbs there till last week and have upgraded to 100w bulbs yesterday. They are yet to face my typical usage, i.e all night drives.

Besides that I have enabled the option of sounding a Hella single 312W Trumpet or a combination of a pair of Bosh Europa and OEM Minda HN09 pair.
Impressive list of add on accessories especially the lamps. I am not sure of the Figo alternator specs but my friend's Ford Fiesta diesel had a Denso 120 A alternator. So you should be in the clear with installing a stereo and operate the accessories on the highway but city driving with the same load may cause the battery to run low on charge. You may want to measure the alternator output using an ammeter with these loads switched on. A battery shop or an automobile electrician may have an ammeter.

Since you have the Bosch Europa try Hella Supertones AKA Red Grilles. Great to move vehicles and people out of your way. Read more here: Power horns (Power Horns!)

Last edited by R2D2 : 28th September 2018 at 21:37.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2018, 19:24   #13740
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

I am kinda depressed right now because I just fried my blaupunkt velocity vxb 12 sub.
Can it be repaired? I don't think it will sound the same afterwards.

It's paired with JVC DRVN ksax3101d 800W mono amp. Should I be looking for a replacement? What would be a worthy replacement?

Last edited by wrongturn : 29th September 2018 at 19:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks