Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2015, 22:56   #12841
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

A friend of mine recently bought jbl speakers - jbl cx 26si. Out of curiosity I wanted to check the reviews of the speakers online, but couldn't find any(there is a similar model jbl cx 62si).

Any audio gurus heard of these? Any feedback on quality of speakers?
Old 23rd March 2015, 17:26   #12842

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Hi guys!!! I am looking to change the stock speakers in my XUV with some good components, i was after the Infinity reference but they seem to be out of stock here in Chandigarh.

Any advice on some other brand components in the range of 8-10K which would fit in the front doors? I was also interested in Polk DB 6501 but heard mixed reviews about it.

i already have a 4 channel JBL GX A644SI which is currently powering a Pioneer sub, but the SQ is lacking due to under powered speakers in the XUV.

Please advice.
Old 24th March 2015, 10:26   #12843
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by American_muscle View Post
Any advice on some other brand components in the range of 8-10K which would fit in the front doors? I was also interested in Polk DB 6501 but heard mixed reviews about it..
Focal and Morel both have a good reputation and have base models in this 6-9K price range.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 12:12   #12844
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys!!! I am looking to change the stock speakers in my XUV with some good components, i was after the Infinity reference but they seem to be out of stock here in Chandigarh.

Any advice on some other brand components in the range of 8-10K which would fit in the front doors? I was also interested in Polk DB 6501 but heard mixed reviews about it.

i already have a 4 channel JBL GX A644SI which is currently powering a Pioneer sub, but the SQ is lacking due to under powered speakers in the XUV.

Please advice.
I would suggest Focals in this price range, since they have good SQ and cost less. If you raise your budget a bit, you could consider the Rainbow Experience Line or the Rainbow Dreamline. I have heard the Dreamline, and it's a brilliant SQ speaker at its price point.
Old 24th March 2015, 12:20   #12845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgvij View Post
Thanks HighwayofLife. 30k is the max budget including wires installation etc. The problem is I can't find any installer who provide demo in my location. I need a good 4 channel amp to power my front components and the sub. I can't afford a mono amp right now. And a good sub which produces tight bass . I don't want loud jarry ones. The dealer is saying low end amps like Sony, JBL etc won't do justice to my focal speakers. He wants me to choose from infinity, focal, Rockford fosgate. What do you gurus think.
Digital Designs A5 costs about Rs. 17,000 (checked on motorheader.com), and the necessary wiring would cost about Rs. 5000. This leaves you with a budget of Rs. 7000-8000 for the Sub. You could even consider a second hand sub, since it's a great way to get good equipment at low prices (car audio typically lasts for a lifetime). You should look at team-bhp classifieds, since people upgrade all the time and put up good equipment for sale therein
Old 25th March 2015, 10:12   #12846

Thanks for the suggestion @Navin and @Highwayoflife!!! I checked around in chandigarh and all i could find was Focal R165S2 and can't even audition that here (dealers here don't offer that), any particular model in Focal lineup that's worth the price?
Old 25th March 2015, 10:54   #12847
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion @Navin and @Highwayoflife!!! I checked around in chandigarh and all i could find was Focal R165S2 and can't even audition that here (dealers here don't offer that), any particular model in Focal lineup that's worth the price?
If you can make it to Delhi over a weekend, you can review brands and do an install at Motor Concept or Driven. They both carry the best brands, and would also be able to tune your system very effectively. I've got work done by both, and lean more towards Motor Concept, since I find Aman more willing to stick to a budget. I don't see their type of expertise even in Gurgaon, so I can well imagine you wouldn't necessarily find it in Chandigarh
HighwayofLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 15:56   #12848
BHPian

Hi all..I just upgraded my ICE in 06 year old SX4 with the Sony XAV 65. The problem is that none of the formats of videos are playing on the screen through USB drive. AVI videos only produce gibberish sounds. this is even at 800x600 resolution, the maximum that the manual says it supports. Any help will be appreciated.

Note: the videos are downloaded from youtube as MP4, and converted using FormatFactory.

Last edited by SX4LOVER : 25th March 2015 at 15:57. Reason: added text
Old 28th March 2015, 12:08   #12849
BHPian

Hi i have a fiat linea with delphi head unit . i have upgraded the speakers to Focal ISS 165 Components in the front and IS 165 co-axials in the rear as i wanted to retain the head unit.

I have a Blaupunkt tha 555 amp that is lying with me . Is it advisable to use the same in this setup ?
Old 31st March 2015, 11:40   #12850

I drive a Hyundai Verna vtvt sx 1.6 which has the stock ICE and speakers. I haven't changed it yet. But now I want to change the entire setup. Though I don't have a high budget anything around 20K will do. I have been researching lately but all the stuffs such as the RMS output just goes over my head. I am interested in Sony's smartphone cradle HU. I want to know which speakers and amplifier will go well with it.
Thanks.
Old 31st March 2015, 14:19   #12851
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_rait View Post
Hi i have a fiat linea with delphi head unit . i have upgraded the speakers to Focal ISS 165 Components in the front and IS 165 co-axials in the rear as i wanted to retain the head unit.

I have a Blaupunkt tha 555 amp that is lying with me . Is it advisable to use the same in this setup ?
Yes you can. What you might need (most HUs do NOT have pre-amplifier output) is a line level converter. It looks something like the picture below.

One end will accept the speaker out signal FROM your HU and the other send will send pre-amp level signals TO your amplifier.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...ML._SX425_.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustinepaul4u View Post
I drive a Hyundai Verna vtvt sx 1.6 which has the stock ICE and speakers. Though I don't have a high budget anything around 20K will do.
Don't worry to much about the RMS figures (most of them are not accurate anyway).

With a 20K budget, I would retain the stock HU and upgrade the speakers and maybe add an amplifier. You could get front and rear speakers and an amplifier and maybe damp the front doors as well - budget about 10K for the speakers, 6k for the amp and 4K for damping.

There are a bunch of brands like Focal, Morel, JBL, Polk, Boston, etc. that make decent speakers. I have not seen the Verna SX so I do not know if there are any tweeter locations available. If so you should consider component speakers in the front (these have a separate woofer and tweeter) as they improve the soundstage (compared to coaxial speakers).

You can use coax speakers for the rear as these are mostly for rear fill.

Amplifiers can be got from brands like Kenwood, Pioneer, JBL, and Focal. All of them will provide you about 40-60W rms.

The first step would be to get to listen to a few of your friend's systems and get an idea of what sound you like. Then visit their installers and look at their work - a bad installer can make good components sound bad.
Old 4th April 2015, 14:01   #12852

Hi Gurus,

I have a query regarding RCA PreOut.
I bought a Kenwood KMM X10 that have only one 2.5V PreOut.
On the head unit it is mentioned as Rear/SW PreOut.
I have plans to use amplifier for front components only. No plans for sub woofer or connecting an amp to rear(Polk db521).

Can I connect that Rear/SW PreOut to my front components (Polk db6501) via a 2-Channel Amplifier?

Please let me know if there will be any difference.

Bala
Old 6th April 2015, 08:00   #12853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balavj27 View Post
Hi Can I connect that Rear/SW PreOut to my front components (Polk db6501) via a 2-Channel Amplifier?

Please let me know if there will be any difference.

Bala
Yes you can connect the rear PreOut to a 2 channel amp to power the front components. Manufacturers may label the PreOuts as front & rear but basically both are full range outputs which will be the same.
It will not make any difference as rear PreOut is just another full range PreOut.
Mashblue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 11:42   #12854
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by balavj27 View Post
Can I connect that Rear/SW PreOut to my front components (Polk db6501) via a 2-Channel Amplifier?
Yes you can, you can then use your front speaker outs for the rear speakers. Only issue will be when you fade to the rear you will really be fading to the front and vice versa. Not really a big problem since you are not likely to use the fader too often.
Old 9th April 2015, 00:12   #12855
BHPian

Hello Gurus, I drive a Hyundai Accent Executive 2009 model (second hand) and this is having a Sony Xplod HU with Pioneer speakers at back and the front doors have tweeters. My HU currently only plays from AUX source, the radio (both AM & FM) doesn't work (thanks to ASS of Hyundai at Bangalore) and there is a CD which is stuck inside and is not working either (thanks to another ASS of Hyundai at Chennai).

I need your help --- kindly suggest a decent HU (1 DIN) which can replace my current setup. Budget max - Rs.3.5k to 4K. I am not an audiophile, I like music and what I listen to most is instrument percussion, filmy music. So a decent, not so expensive one is what I am looking at.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Most Viewed