Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2015, 19:16   #12946
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
Can I bother you for a picture of the installed sub?
Here you go,

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img_20150913_161206.jpg

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img_20150913_161049.jpg

The other questions are better answered by others. Sorry
schakravarthy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 02:12   #12947
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Can someone help me out here. I have Rainbow SL C6.2 components, Beat 4 amp, Rockford R1S4 - 12 sub, Rockford R250X4 amp, Pioneer components and a pioneer HU installed in my Brio.

Now I want to upgrade the stock system of Jetta HL 2012 model. What possible combinations can I make ?

1. Buying a 1-2k rs. Bluetooth device and using it through the ipod connector and adding a sub and an amp. Can I expect any sound improvement with this ? Also the steering controls will work with these kind of devices ?

2. Buying Blaupunkt 835 and adding one sub and one amp with the stock speakers. Maybe I can use my existing amp in this and just buy a new sub.

3. Blaupunkt 835 + Rainbow comps and beat 4 amp from Brio and a new sub woofer. Disconnecting all the stock speakers.

4. Blaupunkt 835 + Rainbow comps and beat 4 amp from Brio and a new sub woofer combined with the remaining stock speakers.

Can you guys please suggest me some options ? Brio is going to be up for sale soon and taking out the Rainbows will be a good deal in my opinion. But if good quality can be had with the stock speakers then that is my preferred choice here.

Also what happens to the RCD 510 ? Can I sell it somewhere ?
Old 24th October 2015, 22:58   #12948
BHPian

Has anyone used the Pioneer AVIC 8000 NEX or any other Android Auto HUs ?
Old 25th October 2015, 00:23   #12949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
Audio Gurus,

Need feedback on the following shallow-mount speakers

4. Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 Shallow Series

I am currently searching only for 8" subs to fit under the front seats.

How are they on performance?
Which of these would be able to fit under the front seat of the Verna?
Are these available in India?
What are the price points for these?
Rockford is good but lot of bass. Unless you have great HU it will become difficult to control bass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
I recently bought a Blaupunkt XLF 200A for my truck.
It's very compact, but packs quite a punch.
( http://m.snapdeal.com/product/blaupu...200-a-8/651016 )
Bought it for around 8k from the same link.

I had a Lightning Audio 12" powered by a mono in my previous car.
In comparison, the Blaupunkt has tighter bass, but the 'thump' is nowhere close. But that doesn't bother me, as I want the sub to complement the music and not overwhelm it.

I have Rockford Punch P1675 three way speakers installed 10 days back in all four doors of my Rapid. There is lot of bass but not in low volumes and I miss the thump in trance music.

Will you say XLF 200A can give thump at low volumes, is good for trance music and will complement Rocford.

I am looking for easy to remove plug and play woofer any suggestions.
Old 25th October 2015, 07:50   #12950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post

Will you say XLF 200A can give thump at low volumes, is good for trance music and will complement Rocford.

It has decent amount of 'thump' at low volumes, but whether it will complement your setup or not, I can't answer. I would say sample an install and then make the decision.

The sub is pretty easy to remove.
Old 27th October 2015, 19:31   #12951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
It has decent amount of 'thump' at low volumes, but whether it will complement your setup or not, I can't answer. I would say sample an install and then make the decision.

The sub is pretty easy to remove.

How is the sub mounted under the seat? The white tape like material, is that adhesive tape or something else. I mean whats holding the sub to the floor?

The underseat sub needs to be mounted properly to the floor and a bit of damping below it and surrounding areas will be good as well.
Old 27th October 2015, 19:37   #12952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by general_neo View Post
How is the sub mounted under the seat? The white tape like material, is that adhesive tape or something else. I mean whats holding the sub to the floor?

The underseat sub needs to be mounted properly to the floor and a bit of damping below it and surrounding areas will be good as well.
That's a Velcro tape. It's a stop gap, before I come up with a more secure mounting.

And, yes, the area below the sub is damped pretty well.
Old 27th October 2015, 19:37   #12953
BHPian

Quote:
Rockford is good but lot of bass. Unless you have great HU it will become difficult to control bass.

I have Rockford Punch P1675 three way speakers installed 10 days back in all four doors of my Rapid. There is lot of bass but not in low volumes and I miss the thump in trance music.

If its strictly trance then it might work. If you are driving the car then try to get it installed under the driver seat. I believe you are powering the speakers from OEM headunit which means you wont be able to adjust the crossover for the speakers. But I hope there is crossover and phase adjustment on the underseat sub. It will be really important in fine tuning the bass to sound accurate and tight. Plus avoid phase cancellation.

If those features are not there then you are better off with a 10 inch subwoofer in the boot.

But if you listen to hip hop or any music with rich bass around 40hz or less you wont enjoy the underseat sub
Old 27th October 2015, 21:27   #12954
BHPian

I have decided to take subwoofer and amplifier from my other car and put in Rapid.

Then my setup would be like:

Stock HU, Rockford Punch speakers, Kenwood 4 channel amp, and image dynamics subwoofer.

Problem I will face then is how to adjust bass of woofer, all the time I would have to open boot to make changes via amp.

Since HU is stock it would not be able to control lot of things so I am now thinking of buying a DSP.

Mosconi 4to6 is out of budget, any suggestions on DSP below 20k INR.

Last edited by heydj : 27th October 2015 at 21:29.
Old 27th October 2015, 22:36   #12955
BHPian

Quote:
I have decided to take subwoofer and amplifier from my other car and put in Rapid.

Then my setup would be like:

Stock HU, Rockford Punch speakers, Kenwood 4 channel amp, and image dynamics subwoofer.

Problem I will face then is how to adjust bass of woofer, all the time I would have to open boot to make changes via amp.

Since HU is stock it would not be able to control lot of things so I am now thinking of buying a DSP.

Many second-hand Audison DSPs come up for sale on Team BHP and other sites. You should check some of those out before going for a new one. If you're lucky, you'll get one in good condition for Rs. 10K or less
HighwayofLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 22:55   #12956
BHPian

Audison in a pain to tune unless you take it to the right installer... i would suggest audiocontrol hi to low converter with bass control module. .. it's simple. ..
general_neo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 12:34   #12957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayofLife View Post
Many second-hand Audison DSPs come up for sale on Team BHP and other sites. You should check some of those out before going for a new one. If you're lucky, you'll get one in good condition for Rs. 10K or less
Yes keeping a close eye on this, saw one for sale few days back but at that time had no intention of going through with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by general_neo View Post
Audison in a pain to tune unless you take it to the right installer... i would suggest audiocontrol hi to low converter with bass control module. .. it's simple. ..

Yes I don't like to do too much of tuning hence need something simple. Not really sure what you mean. Can you please elaborate.
Old 28th October 2015, 13:01   #12958
BHPian

I own a Duster and I am trying to achieve decent SQ ICE setup in steps .
So after reading multiple ice threads in t-bhp and other forums I have decided to upgrade the Duster HU and selected the Pioneer 80prs . It will be hand carried by my cousin from USA.
http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-DEH-80...=pioneer+80prs

Now my question is how will the single din system look when fit in double din slot . And will this system be an overkill for my setup below shall I stick to the pioneer double din systems like 2790bt available in India .

Rest of the system -
Front components - Infinity kappa 60.11cs
rear coaxials - Polk 5.25
sub woofer - cerwin vega vmax 124
Mono Amp - cerwin vega xed 500.1
4 ch amp - Acustika 90.1 (Will be replaced after 6 months )

The only other change planned to the above setup is to get rid of the Polk coaxials , move the kappas to rear and have a focal (flax/integration) components in the front .
Old 28th October 2015, 13:04   #12959
BHPian

Quote:

Check out the C-DSP from miniDSP.com
4-way active with coaxial, high level and low level inputs. Wide tuning options including parametric equalizer and time alignment.
315USD shipped to India.

https://www.minidsp.com/products/min...-box/c-dsp-6x8
gkannan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 13:15   #12960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
Now my question is how will the single din system look when fit in double din slot . And will this system be an overkill for my setup below shall I stick to the pioneer double din systems like 2790bt available in India .

Rest of the system -
Front components - Infinity kappa 60.11cs
rear coaxials - Polk 5.25
sub woofer - cerwin vega vmax 124
Mono Amp - cerwin vega xed 500.1
4 ch amp - Acustika 90.1 (Will be replaced after 6 months )

The only other change planned to the above setup is to get rid of the Polk coaxials , move the kappas to rear and have a focal (flax/integration) components in the front .
I would suggest ditch any speakers on the rear. 80PRS is a very capable head unit and you can straightaway go active. They will badly hamper the SQ.
Kapps's are good. retain them as you your main front component speakers and run them active from the head unit and the amp. Similarly run the subwoofer active from the HU via the mono. If you are not happy with the Kappa you can upgrade. Do damp the front doors where you have mounted the midbass.
80PRS offers good tuning options with various active crossover and slope options, 13 band individual equalizer for left and right channels and important time alignment for each driver. It also boasts individual 24 bit burr brown DACs on each of it source (CD/USB/Aux)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks