Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2015, 10:35   #13081
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

I don't know why, but after someone stole the detachable faceplate of my HU while my car washing guy left my car unlocked on a pretty saturday, I bought a CHEAP (1250/-) PAGARIA HU from Snapdeal. I tested unit at home & all worked fine.
However after I fitted (DIY as per wiring diagram) it on my car (Accent), the volume of HU changes with acceleration, as if the currnet input is wavering to the unit. Everything gets normal at red-lights but a soon as I floor the accelerator the volume goes up, only to fall back as I change gears. Pls help.
Old 29th December 2015, 07:47   #13082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
I don't know why, but after someone stole the detachable faceplate of my HU while my car washing guy left my car unlocked on a pretty saturday, I bought a CHEAP (1250/-) PAGARIA HU from Snapdeal. I tested unit at home & all worked fine.
However after I fitted (DIY as per wiring diagram) it on my car (Accent), the volume of HU changes with acceleration, as if the currnet input is wavering to the unit. Everything gets normal at red-lights but a soon as I floor the accelerator the volume goes up, only to fall back as I change gears. Pls help.
Does the HU have Automatic volume control?
Old 4th January 2016, 11:08   #13083
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Any one facing problem with Carplay in Ertiga ,Ciaz or Baleno. Mine frequently disconnects,mostly during calls
Old 5th January 2016, 15:17   #13084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzail View Post
Any one facing problem with Carplay in Ertiga ,Ciaz or Baleno. Mine frequently disconnects,mostly during calls
The carplay in my S-Cross works without any glitch, so far. You may check with another mobile service provider, before conclusion.
I faced call drops with my pioneer head unit in Swift and later found the problem was with the mobile service provider.
Old 5th January 2016, 16:50   #13085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
The carplay in my S-Cross works without any glitch, so far. You may check with another mobile service provider, before conclusion.
I faced call drops with my pioneer head unit in Swift and later found the problem was with the mobile service provider.
Nothing to do with the service provider. Iphone just disconnects from the car play mode. have recorded a video of the problem and sent it to Maruti & Bosch via Service Centre.
Old 5th January 2016, 17:35   #13086
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzail View Post
Nothing to do with the service provider. Iphone just disconnects from the car play mode. have recorded a video of the problem and sent it to Maruti & Bosch via Service Centre.
Which iPhone? Using Apple provided data cable or an after-market one?

Most common cause is loose connection (or temporary disconnection on jarring - extremely difficult to catch), either with the one on the cable or the one connecting USB on the HU.
Old 5th January 2016, 19:10   #13087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Which iPhone? Using Apple provided data cable or an after-market one?

Most common cause is loose connection (or temporary disconnection on jarring - extremely difficult to catch), either with the one on the cable or the one connecting USB on the HU.

iPhone 6s with iOS 9.0.2. Using the original apple lightning cable.
Old 7th January 2016, 16:02   #13088
BHPian

Dear Experts,

I am a novice with reference to in car entertainment systems and need your advice.

I am in the process of updating my innova which is Jan 2008 model. Its a V model and has a 7 seat configuration. As part of this I want to know the following:

My budget to 50k.

1) Can I just upgrade the speakers and add an amplifier to the "existing" head Unit?
2) Which speakers and amplifier would you recommend and from where can I buy it?

3) In case the advice is to upgrade the head unit also, then which head unit should I buy?
4) If I upgrade the HU I want to add 2 monitors to the backrest of the front 2 seats is it ok to do so?

5) Do I need a sub woofer and where should I fit it? I do not wish to lose any luggage space.

Thanks in advance for your kind inputs and suggestions.

Cheers!
Old 7th January 2016, 18:03   #13089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs_Boson_i View Post
Dear Experts,

I am a novice with reference to in car entertainment systems and need your advice.

I am in the process of updating my innova which is Jan 2008 model. Its a V model and has a 7 seat configuration. As part of this I want to know the following:

My budget to 50k.

1) Can I just upgrade the speakers and add an amplifier to the "existing" head Unit?
2) Which speakers and amplifier would you recommend and from where can I buy it?

3) In case the advice is to upgrade the head unit also, then which head unit should I buy?
4) If I upgrade the HU I want to add 2 monitors to the backrest of the front 2 seats is it ok to do so?

5) Do I need a sub woofer and where should I fit it? I do not wish to lose any luggage space.

Thanks in advance for your kind inputs and suggestions.

Cheers!
Not an expert but here are my answers.

You can start by adding a double din headunit (Pioneer), front component speakers and 4 channel amplifier. you have lot options when it comes to speakers and amplifier, if you can audition few of the brands choose whichever suits your music taste. Some options in terms of brands would be dls,infinity,focal. When it comes to rear speakers you can add either a set of component(innova being a larger car) or coaxial(cheaper) ones.

If you need a sub then you have to put it in the trunk and if you don't want to lose luggage space then you can probably look at a 10' sub.
soumen.blore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 18:57   #13090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
does the engine change volume with car speed or engine speed? if it is the latter, the increasing voltage might be playing around with the gain (should be because of manufacturing/design defect - the former is more likely) . try swapping in another cheap HU/return it to snapdeal
Old 7th January 2016, 19:26   #13091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
Not an expert but here are my answers.

You can start by adding a double din headunit (Pioneer), front component speakers and 4 channel amplifier. you have lot options when it comes to speakers and amplifier, if you can audition few of the brands choose whichever suits your music taste. Some options in terms of brands would be dls,infinity,focal. When it comes to rear speakers you can add either a set of component(innova being a larger car) or coaxial(cheaper) ones.

If you need a sub then you have to put it in the trunk and if you don't want to lose luggage space then you can probably look at a 10' sub.
Thanks can you (others) suggest a good combination in terms of:
make and model; where to buy;
Head Unit
Speakers
Amplifier [which type of amp is best for music/movies?]
Sub-woofer

Also has anyone tried to get their ICE installed by a person called Dinesh who is listed as a dealer in the Pioneer website, as his shop is in jayanagar which is not too far for me.

thanks,
Old 7th January 2016, 20:11   #13092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs_Boson_i View Post
Thanks can you (others) suggest a good combination in terms of:
make and model; where to buy;
Head Unit
Speakers
Amplifier [which type of amp is best for music/movies?]
Sub-woofer

Also has anyone tried to get their ICE installed by a person called Dinesh who is listed as a dealer in the Pioneer website, as his shop is in jayanagar which is not too far for me.

thanks,
Please try Sachin's Auto Shop in Koramangala. It is in the road that comes down next to Robert Bosch (forget exact street number etc)
HighwayofLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 20:33   #13093
Senior - BHPian

Volume wavered with engine RPM.
I have changed the UNIT to another Indo-China make. But this one is excellent. Heavy Bass output from my nimble speakers. If I tweak TREBLE to mid, my car starts sounding like JHANKAAR BEATS.
Only issue is that those DISCO LIGHTS are bright enough to light up the Greek arena. My car now looks like some discotheque at night time. Couldn't figure out how to dim the screen so got it masked with tape.

Thanks GH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
does the engine change volume with car speed or engine speed? if it is the latter, the increasing voltage might be playing around with the gain (should be because of manufacturing/design defect - the former is more likely) . try swapping in another cheap HU/return it to snapdeal
Old 8th January 2016, 23:01   #13094
BHPian

I am seeking an expert advise on powered subwoofer connection through rear speakers.

I have a Honda civic 2013. It has 4 speakers set up with stock radio. I have purchased an Infinity basslink powered subwoofer and connected to the battery. Ground wire is connected to one of the screws in boot. The set up has been installed professionally by a car dealer. Now, when I give the rear speaker level input to this subwoofer, it works fine as long as the car is running. when I switch off the ignition, I hear a loud and constant buzzing sound. Right now, I am disconnecting the fuse from the powered wire and that powers off the subwoofer and here is no noise. What is the possible reason and any solution please?

thanks in advance

Himanshu
Old 13th January 2016, 17:48   #13095
BHPian

Folks, need help. Nothing sophisticated really. I need a pair of coaxials (6 or 6.5") which can give me the best possible bass. I am looking to drive it straight through the factory audio. Do not want to install amp and sub, although I know that's the best way to go about with it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks