Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2016, 09:50   #13126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
What amp suggestions do you guys have? Do i have to spend over 10k on an amp or do basic JBL/Pioneer/Sony amps do the job? Mind you, once i get enough dough, i will be adding either db or Dxi coaxials for the rear as well, so what would be your recommendations?
Yes 10k should get you a decent 4 channel amp. JBL/Pio/Sony will do the job and you can consider Blaupunkt also. A close friend is using Blaupunkt 470SF (costed 5-6k I think) and is satisfied with the VFM proposition. Look for amps at least in the 65-75w RMS range and that would take care of your future needs as well.

JBL GXA644SI (~5.5k) is also a good buy for someone on a budget. Also check out JBL GTO series amps like 804 (and maybe 1004 also ) which will cost you around 9-10k.
Old 26th February 2016, 21:56   #13127
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

I have a 2014 Honda City (iDTEC) I am looking at the following Car AV units from Pioneer:
AVH-X2890BT: https://pioneer-india.in/product/avh-x2890bt/
AVH-X289BT: https://pioneer-india.in/product/avh-289bt/

Any feedback/comments about these would be helpful. Any recommendations on where to buy and get it fitted in Bangalore?
Old 7th March 2016, 13:40   #13128
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

What causes motorboating in amplifiers?
I was playing around with the gain settings in my Kenwood amp, and when I went beyond a particular level, the sub started making a wub-wub-wub-wub sort of noise when stopped when i was playing music, but came back when i stopped it.

Turning the gain down on the amp stopped it, but was wondering where it could have come from
Old 7th March 2016, 16:11   #13129
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
What causes motorboating in amplifiers?
I was playing around with the gain settings in my Kenwood amp, and when I went beyond a particular level, the sub started making a wub-wub-wub-wub sort of noise when stopped when i was playing music, but came back when i stopped it.

Turning the gain down on the amp stopped it, but was wondering where it could have come from
As you turn the gain up there is enough amplification to force the amp into oscillation. When you play music the auto-gain-control probably kicks in. In any case this might mean the amp's filter caps have gone south. I would have the amp looked at.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasitic_oscillation
navin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 21:36   #13130
BHPian

Hey guys, my first post here. Need your advises for my S-Cross 1.6 Alpha ICE upgrade.
I've already upgraded both of my front and rear speakers to Morel Maximo 6.5" components. Rear sound is also equally important so the choice of components there as well. SQ has improved a lot, now the stage 2 and stage 3 plans are just ON.
Stage2: Adding a 4 channel amp for powering all 4 comps. Budgeted 12k+/- 2k. Need to have some suggestions here. Most of the installers are having their own suggestions and auditions are not available for most.
Stage3: Adding a subwoofer. I would like to stick to single 10" of 12" as boot space is to be conserved for my long trips. Should I go for active sub options (eg: Blapunkt XLB 300) or mono amp + sub in sealed box? Budgeted around 15k. I'm looking at punchy bass than too much of boom, hence the idea of sealed box came in.
HU upgrade is not in near horizon. The touch screen system seems to be fine, though not having may controls or functions.
Old 11th March 2016, 22:42   #13131
BHPian

You are on the right track..... Go with a 4 channel amp, something that has the option to power the sub. 12k budget sounds iffy, but look around for a sub that gives you the option to bridge the output and settle for one.
pawanarya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 22:45   #13132
BHPian

I mean the #amp... A 4 channel amp... Been there done that. HU replacement is always the best option to start with, but then it's always "conditional"
Old 12th March 2016, 17:37   #13133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawanarya View Post
I mean the #amp... A 4 channel amp... Been there done that. HU replacement is always the best option to start with, but then it's always "conditional"
I would like to go for 4 channel for the speakers and dedicated mono amp for sub or a powered sub.
Selection of 4 ch amp has become a real pain taking stuff, due to the choices. Budget can be stretched a bit, if the benefits are that much.
Old 12th March 2016, 18:11   #13134
BHPian

Hello all
I'm looking for an HU upgrade for my 2004 Baleno vxi which is still running on stock setup (Kenwood cassette player + OE speakers)
Can anyone suggest a good SQ oriented HU with 3 preouts? Bluetooth capabilities would be preferred. Budget is <10k.

On the other hand, I'm looking at a set of Polk DB6501 components. How good are these? Can a basic/single din HU provide sufficient power to drive them (plus a set of coaxials at the rear) ? Or is an amplifier required?
Prices online at snapdeal and paytm are ~6.5k wheras Amazon.in shows 14k. I enquired locally but could get any quotes. What would be the correct price?
Old 12th March 2016, 19:44   #13135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilot View Post
Hello all
I'm looking for an HU upgrade for my 2004 Baleno vxi which is still running on stock setup (Kenwood cassette player + OE speakers)
Can anyone suggest a good SQ oriented HU with 3 preouts? Bluetooth capabilities would be preferred. Budget is <10k.

On the other hand, I'm looking at a set of Polk DB6501 components. How good are these? Can a basic/single din HU provide sufficient power to drive them (plus a set of coaxials at the rear) ? Or is an amplifier required?
Prices online at snapdeal and paytm are ~6.5k wheras Amazon.in shows 14k. I enquired locally but could get any quotes. What would be the correct price?
Even a decent Single DIN HU with bluetooth costs more than 10K, and almost all good double DIN HUs with bluetooth are way beyond that. You need to reconsider your budget.

Instead of Polk, I would suggest you consider Morel or Hertz, as they're not as bright, and sound better. These and a pair of coax speakers can be powered without an amp. However, an amp will definitely give a more punchy output
Old 12th March 2016, 23:11   #13136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
I would like to go for 4 channel for the speakers and dedicated mono amp for sub or a powered sub.
Selection of 4 ch amp has become a real pain taking stuff, due to the choices. Budget can be stretched a bit, if the benefits are that much.
Running on a budget is a tricky game for a neat setup, and with the stock HU the gains won't be pronounced. My humble suggestion would be to go for a 4 channel amp for now + Get a sub and power it from the amp and let the rears run on the HU. That is, if the budget stretch can accommodate the amp + wiring + setup + cost of sub. Remember you MAY need the hi-lo converter if the stock HU doesn't come with Pre-outs.

If you plan to change the HU later, most after market HUs can drive the speakers with ease. You can plan stage 3 for HU upgrade and #4 for the mono.

As I said "been there done that" I did it in 2 stages some 6 years ago... All speakers + sub + 4 channel amp, sounded satisfactory with the Blaupunkt OEM HU. Upgraded the HU after 6 months and it was wow! The car is my wife's ride and she still swears by the sound system.

Remember... Sound is like taste... What tastes amazing to you might not appeal to others. It's not what the experts say but what your EARS say and the wallet allows.

Good luck with your hunt buddy.
Old 16th March 2016, 20:16   #13137
BHPian

Hello everyone

I have a pair of Blaupunkt CX 130 5.25 inch Components installed in the front doors of my Palio. I want to swap them with the OEM installed speakers in the rear doors of my Verna. Now as far as I know the rear speakers of the Verna are co-axials & there is no slot for the tweeters to fit into. Would there be any problems in getting the components installed in the Verna's rear doors? What is the best option as far as the tweeters are concerned. Advice is welcome

Regards
Old 16th March 2016, 20:22   #13138
Senior - BHPian

since there is no proper place, you'll have to install it on the door pad or the B pillar. Ideally some place near ear level, but not so high that they will be firing into your driver/co passengers ears. So they'll need to be aimed carefully.

also, are the verna slots 5.25 inch? usually most cars are 6.5" with the palio and the indica being among the few exceptions
Old 16th March 2016, 22:29   #13139
BHPian

I've booked a Vitara Brezza ZDi which comes with non-touch HU. Need recommendations for an upgrade.

Requirements:
  • Retaining of steering mounted controls.
  • Mirror link or similar feature to use phone navigation on unit.
  • Near audiophile quality of sound within budget.
  • Rear cam compatible.

Budget: 30k

Which are the interfaces that can be used for Maruti to retain steering controls. Has anyone got steering phone controls to work as well? What exactly does programming an interface mean?

Rear Camera brand too I'm unable to find out. Any decent brands for that?
Old 23rd March 2016, 17:51   #13140
BHPian

Front Speakers Cutting Off - Swift

Hello All,

I have a Sony Head Unit, no sub, no amplifier, running 4 door speakers.

Recently I observed the front speakers cut off and with the car running into holes, or on speed breakers, when the car moves/jerks, the front speakers either cut off or come on if they were off.

Not sure if I am explaining this right, I am now unable to remove the head unit, i suspect there's some loose connection or maybe the wiring/circuit for the front speakers is grounding due to some movement of wires inside.

would appreciate any tips/ideas on this please.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks