Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2023, 10:47   #14341
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
No, please don't do that for the sake of music.

Instead feed the front speakers using the working stereo channels (3/4) of the amp and try to bridge the faulty channels and feed the sub. If goes well then you are lucky, if not then get a monoblock for the sub.

If not willing to spend money then remove the sub and set the crossover to full range for the front speakers, that will be enough for sparingly used car. That way you will have a bigger boot for groceries and shopping.
Feel you emotions about the sake of music

So I finally switched to option2. Swapped the front components to channel3/4 and moved the sub to ch1/2 bridged. However the random static was present and Sub was giving deep thumps randomly, so moved the sub to Ch2 only. Reduces the Sub power overall but still sufficient thump present for a figo and the normal volumes that we listen to. For now setup is back to normal without compromises. Fingers crossed it keeps working.
Old 16th January 2023, 19:30   #14342
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Hi,
Need help in finalising various components for my wife's Nissan Micra which I bought used a couple of months back.

The idea is to keep it very budget friendly but still have a decent sound setup.
Below is the list of equipment and the price at which I intend to buy them from motorogue.

Head unit: Pioneer g219 bt - Rs 8700
Speakers: morel maximo 6 - Rs 7500
Amplifier: Pioneer e 7004 - Rs 7200
Wiring kit: stingers ssk8 - rs 2600
Damping Stp silver 10 sheets - rs 5000
Long pending update.
Finally decided to ICE the car as even though the Micra was acquired hoping my wife would start driving but alas after seeing the car sit idle for a few months I have started driving it to an extent of 5-6 days a week. The duster is being used only once or twice a week to drive to my native and back which is a 350km round trip on the same day. So I could not de ice the duster.

Went ahead and ordered the following from various sites over the last couple of days due to the ongoing deals and have changed some equipment to take advantage of the sale prices.

Head unit: STOCK
Speakers: morel maximo 6 - Rs 7500
Amplifier: JBL stage 9004 - Rs 7400
Wiring kit: cerwin wega 4 guage - rs 3000
Damping Stp silver 10 sheets - rs 5500

The amp seems like a decent upgrade as this one delivers 90W RMS instead of 70 from the pioneer considered earlier.
However a downside is the JBL is a class D amp as against the Class AB of the pioneer.

The plan was to get this installed using the Hi level inputs from the stock head unit for now.

Awaiting the shipments to arrive and hopefully will get it installed either this week or next. Will update the thread with images as and when the install happens.

I will continue using the Rainbow sub from my duster as of now and will have to keep shifting from one car to the other whenever I travel out of town.

Next update will be the head unit and I am open to suggestions on this.

After using the car for the better of 6 months now, I am sold on the drivability in heavy city traffic and I intend to hold on to the car for atleast 4-5 years and realise in this day and age a head unit with Android auto is a must.

Ideal Head unit for me would have been the pioneer 4450 priced at a reasonable 16k on motorogue. However the only fly in the ointment is the pre out voltage which is only 2V.

Next best one is the Sony 3200 priced at 18k however this too has only 2v rca pre outs.

The final 2 contenders in my mind as of now are the Sony 5500 or the pioneer 5290.
Leaning towards the pioneer 5290 inspite of the inferior screen and it being a 2 year old model due to the possibility of going 3 way active.
Have to check if I can run the tweeter of the HU amp like I have done in my duster (Pioneer P80PRS)
However I am open to further suggestions in this regards.

Have to also research if I need a dash kit to fit an aftermarket HU in the Micra dash. to an untrained eye it seems the stock head unit is a standard 2 DIN size.

Request any members located in Hyderabad to suggest a good installer for the above equipment.

Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 19:44   #14343
Senior - BHPian

So went ahead and ordered the pioneer 5290 head unit for 21k on motorogue.
I have not been able to find information on whether the tweeters can be powered directly by the head unit in network mode.
Old 24th January 2023, 21:23   #14344
Distinguished - BHPian

One of the mid-bass speakers in my Safari has given up, and I need to replace these. The current set is a Diamond Audio. I checked with the person from whom I had got these, and he suggests the following alternatives:

Focal Performance
Rockford Fosgate
Alpine R series
Infinity Kappa.

Audio Guru's, your thoughts please - which of these, or if any alternatives.
Old 25th January 2023, 10:40   #14345
Senior - BHPian

Install to be done today.

Have also bought a rear view camera from Blaupunkt and a pair of Bosch horns to terrace the stock activa horn.

If all goes according to plan this is likely to be among the cheapest 3 way active installs ever documented on this forum.

I am in 2 minds whether to shift the Ipaul Amp to the micra from the duster.

My main sore point with the chosen equipment is the class D JBL Amp.

Will do.my best to get pictures during the install as well.

I might also check if I can find a 0.8 cft sealed enclosure at the installer today and order a basic 12 inch sub at a later date.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-20230125_103606.jpg  

Last edited by cooldude1988765 : 25th January 2023 at 10:46.
cooldude1988765 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 19:18   #14346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
One of the mid-bass speakers in my Safari has given up, and I need to replace these. The current set is a Diamond Audio. I checked with the person from whom I had got these, and he suggests the following alternatives:

Focal Performance
Rockford Fosgate
Alpine R series
Infinity Kappa.

Audio Guru's, your thoughts please - which of these, or if any alternatives.
Go for Infinity Kappa.
Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 20:10   #14347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Go for Infinity Kappa.
Thanks, @Safari_Beast.

Looked up these, and these look to be rated/designed for 2 ohm input. Now need to check the amp side too - the amp specs state both 2 ohm and 4 ohm but being the noob that I am, not sure if this is auto-sensing.

Any idea about Motorogue as a source ?
Old 25th January 2023, 22:03   #14348
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, @Safari_Beast.

Looked up these, and these look to be rated/designed for 2 ohm input. Now need to check the amp side too - the amp specs state both 2 ohm and 4 ohm but being the noob that I am, not sure if this is auto-sensing.

Get sony gs4 amp from local reputed shop and it would cost cheaper then online , rest installer would do the work related to 2/4 ohm.
Old 25th January 2023, 23:49   #14349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Ordered Pioneer head unit, morel speakers and a power kit from them last week. Shipped quickly and arrived well packed and undamaged. Prices for most products are cheaper than any where else online as well.
However wouldn't hurt to shop around a bit. I purchase a JBL amp for nearly 35% less than what was listed on motorogue.
Old 25th January 2023, 23:57   #14350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Install to be done today.

Have also bought a rear view camera from Blaupunkt and a pair of Bosch horns to terrace the stock activa horn.

If all goes according to plan this is likely to be among the cheapest 3 way active installs ever documented on this forum.

I am in 2 minds whether to shift the Ipaul Amp to the micra from the duster.

My main sore point with the chosen equipment is the class D JBL Amp.

Will do.my best to get pictures during the install as well.

I might also check if I can find a 0.8 cft sealed enclosure at the installer today and order a basic 12 inch sub at a later date.
Completed the install but unfortunately was not able to take any pictures as I was not available during the installation.

Will take pictures of the head unit installation and also check if I can get a few pictures of the amp.

Couldn't tune the setup much. I have set the amp to minimum gains and have adjusted the crossover settings on the head unit so that I can listen to some music on the way back home.
The sub was overwhelming so had to adjust the speaker level on the HU to -22db (minimum is -24db)

I hope some of the gurus can guide me to a decent base point for the crossovers and slopes so that I can make finer adjustments by ear.

Current settings as follows.
Sub LPF 63HZ slope 12
Mids HPF 63Hz slope 12
Mids LPF 4KHZ slope 12
Highs HPF 4khz slope 12

Please let me know if I should make any changes to the above.
I also need to do the Time Alignment settings.
Old 20th February 2023, 00:49   #14351
BHPian

Yesterday, I got replaced the stock speakers on my 2014 Wagon R with Vextron 80w coaxials ×4. They were pretty nice sounding but today the music suddenly stopped playing. The head unit is on, it is receiving signal both aux and FM but no volume is coming from the speakers . What could be the issue?
Old 20th February 2023, 13:51   #14352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshrey22 View Post
The head unit is on, it is receiving signal both aux and FM but no volume is coming from the speakers . What could be the issue?
Failed IC, may be.
Seen few cases when the power / impedance don't match with HU spec.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 11:02   #14353
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One of the mid-bass speakers in my Safari has given up, and I need to replace these.
Quote:
Go for Infinity Kappa.
After that post, the woofer of the second component set also started to give up. Thought let me at least have a look at the speaker, if the cone element has given up and how does it look like. The moment I opened the speaker grille, one of these rolled out. This is the dust cap stuck on the cone. I next opened the other grille. The cap was still in place, but came out very easily.

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-spkr-cone-cap.jpg

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img_6298.jpg

So this was the reason. Did a quick test, and then a 25 minute drive. Both speakers looking good. A certain 19k savings with that. The Diamond Audio speakers are still intact though close to 10 years now.

I may stick these back, but not sure which glue to use. Then again, the speaker cones dont show dust on them - may be I can skip sticking these back in place ?

Quote:
Get sony gs4 amp from local reputed shop and it would cost cheaper then online , rest installer would do the work related to 2/4 ohm.
Apart from a Class-D 5-channel that is doing duty in the Storme, I also have a spare 4-channel Blaupunkt and another spare 4-channel Sony. The 5-Channel Soundstream is a good one, and I could keep the Blau for spare/other use (in case I decide to put one in the wife's car).

I had got the 5-Channel couple of years back when I put in a sub-woofer. But last year, I pulled out the sub from the Storme because of the stuff that I carry in the Storme. It was coming in the way/eating up space. And now this one is lying idle. An Infinity Shallow mount 1200W sub, with a sealed enclosure.

Last edited by condor : 18th March 2023 at 11:13.
Old 30th March 2023, 19:02   #14354
BHPian

Seeking advice.

I have a two way active system with following details:

HU: JVC 740BT
Front: Two way active with Illusion carbon mids in default door location, tweeters in sail panel
Rear: Illusion carbon mids and Morel tweeters powered by HU using Illusion Xovers.
Subs: Two Illusion Carbons 12" in separate boxes (sealed)
Amps: Four channels powering front mids in bridged mode and DD CM 1000 Mono powering both subs.
DSP: Alpine PXE-600 powering front tweeters.

Initial install done by Autobots, Gurgaon, with basic damping of doors and boot floor.
The install was botched up big time leading to frying of the DSP and other issues which were subsequently sorted out. The doors were damped again solid.

Post the installation of the Alpine DSP, the sound is muddy with lack of air.

Need some inputs and hacks to make the sound realistic.
Old 18th April 2023, 19:02   #14355
BHPian

Continuing with my previous post, seek your advice on tuning the processor to bring the sound to the centre. Right now, it is wide on the dashboard, and sometimes feels to the right-for the vocals.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks