Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2023, 10:20   #14386
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

I had posted this question in the other thread about DSPs. Hope someone can help me here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post5463909 (Upgrading your OEM Car Audio using DSPs (budget version))
Old 6th August 2023, 15:08   #14387
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

I have new Brezza Zxi+ and I want to upgrade the audio.
My plan is to keep the stock HU, use a pair of existing JL audio C2 and a active 8inch Blaupunkt sub from my other car.
Rather than directly adding them to the existing system I wish to add a DSP and amplifier combo or may be separate dsp and amp. I have seen couple of Nakamichi dsp amp combo with 4 in 6 out and about 70W output at around 15k.
The problem is in Kolkata I talked to a few installers and none seemed knowledgeable to tune a dsp.
So is there any dsp with user friendly software which can be tuned by self with a little effort.
Or something with AutoEq feature like Dirac or Anthem room correction which can be done simply with a mic? I know there is Minidsp dirac live but that's awfully expensive.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 06:02   #14388
BHPian

Hello All,

Hope someone helps me out. This is with regards to a simple and affordable ICE set up in the 2010 ANHC (3rd Gen).

I wish to buy the SONY XAV-1500 HU for 14k.

Option 1 - Use 6 speakers
Front Door - JBL 609C Components
Rear Door - JBL 629 Coaxial
Rear Parcel Shelf area - JBL GTO939 (3 way coaxial 6*9)

Question 1 ) Do I need a 2 channel amplifier to try this set up as the HU has an output of 50W*4 as advertised.

Option 2 - Use 4 Speakers + 2 channel Amplifier from SONY
Front and Rear Door - JBL 609C components with Tweeters installed on door pads
Question 2 - I have always loved the bass from the JBL GTO 938 for a simple audio set up in any car, will I miss this with just a 4 speaker install by installing JBL 609C on all 4 doors?

Any other options if you'll wish to suggest I am open to hear them out, I am trying to avoid the sub woofer install as it takes space and in general just require a basic affordable setup with decent bass and decent mid levels. Just a simple branded setup which will last long without any trouble.
Old 8th August 2023, 15:04   #14389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
Option 1 - Use 6 speakers
Too many speakers without a sound processor will spoil the fun. Better to stay away.

Opt 3: 4 speakers.
Drive JBL 609C Components & JBL GTO939 through a 4Ch amplifier.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 15:14   #14390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Too many speakers without a sound processor will spoil the fun. Better to stay away.

Thank you, for just 4 speakers without a sub do I need a 4 channel amp? Or a 2 channel Sony amp will do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post

If I am unable to fit the JBL939 in the rear parcel tray of the honda city, does it make sense to fit 4 JBL 609c in all the doors and use a 4 channel amp??

Or do I go with components in the front and coax on the rear?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th October 2023 at 19:43. Reason: back to back posts merged
Old 8th August 2023, 22:08   #14391
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
for just 4 speakers without a sub do I need a 4 channel amp? Or a 2 channel Sony amp will do?
4 is better, since you plan to use a component in the front and 6x9s in the rear.

Quote:
If I am unable to fit the JBL939 in the rear parcel tray of the honda city, does it make sense to fit 4 JBL 609c in all the doors and use a 4 channel amp??

Or do I go with components in the front and coax on the rear?
That's your personal choice.
Compos in the front and coax in the rear door is sufficient. All around compos will add more juice for sure.
Old 10th August 2023, 11:08   #14392
BANNED

Going for a sound upgrade in my Taigun but I don’t want to go overboard and I am already well overboard.
Active setup, only front, no rear speakers

I’ve decided on these:-
HU - Stock
DSP - Helix P Six DSP Ultimate - Rs 2,50,000.00
Input - Helix HEC USB HD Audio with controller - Rs 40,000.00
AMP - Helix M ONE X Rs 50,000.00
Sub - DLS Nordica 12 - Rs 90,000.00

Dampening - decided against full dampening. I think I’ll go with essential areas to start with and see how it works, so about Rs 75000 - 1 Lakh (as against 2+ for entire car)

Now the speakers are what I am in many minds about.

I think the above setup should be paired to following Audisons to be absolutely perfect.

Tweeters - Thesis 1.5 Violino
Mid - TH 3.0 II Voce
Woofer -TH 6.5 Sax

^ But those damn speakers will cost more than 6 Lakhs.

I’d like to bring the cost of speakers down by at least 50%

Can anyone give me ideas to check out for the speakers?

I am also worried about spending less on the speakers, and then not liking them and going back to the audisons thereby spending more.

Anyone installed those audisons? I am going by reviews and recommendations and haven’t really heard them in real life.

Last edited by Yesterdaysnews : 10th August 2023 at 11:10.
Old 15th August 2023, 16:19   #14393
BHPian

Dear Audio Gurus,
I came across these pics of a 1st Gen Octavia on OLX, which seemed to show 2 different headunits placed side by side, in the same vehicle. I’m not very well-versed with audio upgrades and hence could not figure out the purpose of doing so, or maybe if one of them is actually not a HU.
Please give your takes on this arrangement; looks really cool . After seeing the pics, I’m thinking of doing a similar thing in my Octy
Attached Thumbnails
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-07101d4d42344471a6fea548dc023f50.jpeg  

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-73f6f653d59b469c9fac2a765c2372ad.jpeg  

Old 15th August 2023, 16:29   #14394
Senior - BHPian

As a self proclaimed audio guru, I can't fathom a reason either. And the stranger thing is that both are connected. My best guess is that given the idiosyncracies of German cars, it might throw a check engine light if you remove it, so they've kept it still there. Ideally a vag approved head unit should serve to replace both
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 09:32   #14395
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Speakers in my Baleno ( 2018 ) are stock and I like their sound. The only problem is that the sound is distorted at high volumes. I mostly listen to Punjabi(bass-heavy) songs. Mostly two persons are sitting in the front only. I do not want to spend a lot on the speakers. Earlier I had installed some desi speakers on my alto and I was content with their bassy sound(clearly not an audiophile unlike most guys on this thread). I do not want to install a bass tube.
•) Is Morel Maximo 6mk2 a good preference for my requirement?
•) Will the components sound good on the stock bosch infotainment or I should get coaxials from the same brand.
•) Can I do the installation DIY?
•) Original speakers cost 1,000 for a pair and these components cost 6,500 on Moto Rogue. Will the sound quality difference is going to be six times just like the price?
•) Is there any other alternative below ten thousand?
Old 18th September 2023, 09:36   #14396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek2652 View Post
Speakers in my Baleno ( 2018 ) are stock and I like their sound. The only problem is that the sound is distorted at high volumes.
One can't go wrong with JBL GTO series or Infinity Refrence series under 10K. They are good especially JBL if you like listening to bass heavy songs like Punjabi. Go for front only components and you may retain the rear stock speakers. Gradually you may look to add components in the rear and then an amplifier. I did the same with my Figo over a period of 1 year. Very happy with the output and did not feel like emptying my wallet at one go. Your question of value being 6 times, very difficult to answer however it is worth if you keep the car for over 5 years.
VWAllstar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 10:27   #14397
Senior - BHPian

Android Auto Query.

I am new to using Android Auto and recently retro fitted a Road Top unit in my car. My phone is a Xiaomi Mi 9 running Android 10 and MIUI 12.0.4.

Wired Android Auto works fine. Wireless also works fine except for one thing, I can't get Mobile data to work which renders the whole system useless.

I've read almost everything on the Interweb and it sounds like there were issues around this many have faced. I've tried all the solutions and options and because not all Android phones are made the same, the options indicated in Phone Settings don't always reflect whats available on my phone.

One of the common indicators or suggestions to resolve this issue is when connecting to Android auto, you get a prompt once Wifi is connected to the system to Switch between the Existing Wifi Connection (That has no internet) or to switch over to Mobile Data. I did get this option but I can't seem to get this consistently. Besides, I need to keep doing this every time the system connects to Android Auto which is an irritant. 9 out of 10 times this prompt does not even come which means I can't stream any music.

The strange thing about this is that you can see the LTE logo on the cars display which makes you think Mobile Data is running but it isn't. You can't get any Mobile data running on the phone either.

I suspect the issue has more to do with MIUI's software layer not being smart enough to decide which Network to use nor am I able to force anything out of it.

I have done the usual, Forget the network, the car within Android Auto. Clear the entire cache and redone the whole setup, like starting from scratch. Rebooted the phone too. No luck. I can't get Mobile Data to work.

Any suggestions, recommendations will be helpful.
Old 18th September 2023, 14:31   #14398
BHPian

I recently installed a Pioneer 5290 in my WR-V and enjoying great music. However one thing that keeps bothering me is the provision of a single USB port which I use for Carplay. I prefer listening to songs from USB than any other source.

Though the WR-V came with 2 USB ports, due to installation of 5290, the other USB port became useless. Is there any way of making use of this port? The 5290 comes with Aux input; can we convert this Aux to USB (any cable/adapter available?) and connect it to the USB port inside the handrest? Would there be any deterioration in quality if this convertor is used? I would prefer this option, if available, as the last resort.

Any inputs appreciated.

Last edited by emkay.india : 18th September 2023 at 14:34. Reason: Additional info added
Old 20th September 2023, 21:03   #14399
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
One can't go wrong with JBL GTO series or Infinity Refrence series under 10K.
Thanks brother for your prompt reply. What is your current setup right now? How was the output of your speakers without an amp initially?
I will definitely keep my car or more than 10 years and might swap those speakers to the new car if they last that long since I believe in keeping things for their maximum life possible.(Our last car was Lord Alto ,17 years old and odo around 2.5 lakh km when we exchanged her)
vivek2652 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 00:37   #14400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek2652 View Post
Thanks brother for your prompt reply. What is your current setup right now? How was the output of your speakers without an amp initially?
I will definitely keep my car or more than 10 years and might swap those speakers to the new car if they last that long since I believe in keeping things for their maximum life possible.(Our last car was Lord Alto ,17 years old and odo around 2.5 lakh km when we exchanged her)
My current setup is 2 sets of component speakers. Both of them are Infinity Reference. Sony 4 channel Amplifier. A Class brand wiring and 2.2 mm thick damping for the front 2 doors (internal & external) Altogether it costed me 22K.

The output before and after the amplifier has a difference of say 20% but I am not an audiophile to really determine. You can go without an amplifier and save 6K and still be happy about the output.
VWAllstar is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks