Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2023, 12:59   #14356
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Hi everybody. I have installed pioneer 5290 with JL C1 650 components at front and JL C1 650x coaxials at rear of my dzire LXI recently purchased. I have done the speakers connection through cars stock wiring harness.
My queries are
1. Will connecting the speakers via pioneer 5290's RCA pre-outs improve sound quality over stock wiring harness of the car? (I have all the RCA cables from i-copper required for this but hesitating to open up too much of car)
2. I have turned off subwoofer from head unit but don't see sufficient changes in sound quality. Will this function work similarly with car's stock wiring harness or there will be better frequency filtration with RCA connection?
I have set crossover HPF off for both fronts and rears - results: rear HPF off improved sound quality considerably and front HPF off makes low frequencies much clear however keeping HPF On also plays good sound (Setting HPF-LPF slope is yet to explore )
Old 6th May 2023, 13:48   #14357
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1200 View Post
1. Will connecting the speakers via pioneer 5290's RCA pre-outs improve sound quality over stock wiring harness of the car?
Speakers can't be driven directly by RCA, it requires an additional amplifier.

Quote:
2. I have turned off subwoofer from head unit but don't see sufficient changes in sound quality.
No impact on sound quality with 'Sub woofer ON/OFF' unless an external amplifier and subwoofer is connected.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 14:18   #14358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
No impact on sound quality with 'Sub woofer ON/OFF' unless an external amplifier and subwoofer is connected.
Means amplifier along with subwoofer. Not only amplifier. Right sir?
Old 8th May 2023, 08:22   #14359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Means amplifier along with subwoofer. Not only amplifier. Right sir?
Yes, you need a Subwoofer driven by amplifier.
Old 12th May 2023, 21:09   #14360

Hi. I am planning to buy a Tiago XT(O) soon and it comes without any music system. The cheapest music systems Tata sells with these are priced at a whopping 36k plus 2k. The sales guys of course are very keen to sell me these systems saying that the Car Warranty will be void if I go for any after-market systems.

Can anyone here advise if that is indeed the case?
What kind of savings can one look at by getting it done outside and assuming that no wires are cut?
Lastly, any capable, reliable, knowledgable shops in Mumbai where I can reach out for advice / getting the work done?

Thank you all in advance.
Old 15th June 2023, 13:13   #14361

Upgrading audio on a 2022 Hyundai Tucson

The Bose sound system in the 2022 Hyundai Tucson is ok but not great. I intend to upgrade the speakers only, due to warranty concerns as the car is just 3 months old. I have received mixed messaging from Hyundai. The latest update from Hyundai is that they will install the after market speakers that I have purchased in order not to void the warranty. I'm not sure of their expertise in installing after market components, so I'm a little apprehensive. I would much prefer if an audio installer who is an expert at such matter would do the installation.

Would like to hear from others who have upgraded the factory audio immediately after purchase and their experience with warranty after installation?
Old 15th June 2023, 17:41   #14362
Team-BHP Support

A speaker fitment is straight forward job, any dealer would be able to do the same. Are you planning to add damping and all? If so get the installer to Hyundai workshop and get it done.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 21:42   #14363

With new components, new crossovers will need to be added and audio routed to tweeters and mids. Not sure if the dealer will take kindly to new crossovers being added to the door panels.
I'm not adding any damping.
Would ideally like to add a new amp and new sub too.
Old 22nd June 2023, 01:06   #14364

Hello - I have a Honda City ZX 2019 (4th Gen) which came with 8 speakers (4 + 4 config). The speakers in my opinion are good on this top variant, however, I am now wanting to upgrade them along with damping.

I have below questions :
a) Since I am already getting the car damped, should I upgrade the speakers to JL Audio C1 650? Heard good reviews about them but are they any good over the already good Honda City speakers?

b) Should I just get the car damped for now ( Dr Artex 2mm sheets ) and review for some time to see any noticeable improvements in sound quality and then decide to upgrade to JL C1 650?

My budget is max 30k which should include damping (only doors) and audio upgrade ( if I go this way).

PS : If it matters, also have Blaupunkt San Andreas 970 already installed
Old 6th July 2023, 17:12   #14365
BHPian

I have a Seltos gtx dct plus in which I have already got damping done and have replaced speakers as well (Jbl stadium gto 620 in the front and jbl club 6500 c in the rear. While these changes improved the sq, I am still not happy with the output. Now, I am looking at replacing the puny (so called) bose amplifier with one of the below options:
1. Alpine S-A55 (5 channel) amplifier
2. Nakamichi NDSK 4185AU 4IN 8OUT 31EQ DSP Plus 4 Channel Amplifier
3. Focal Auditor AP-4340 4 channel amplifier

Request guidance on if Bose amplifier can be replaced by one of the above.
Old 9th July 2023, 02:15   #14366
BHPian

Hi All - I have a Fluedic Verna MY2014. I was using the stock HU for all this while. In 2020, I decided to add a 4-channel Sub + Woofer + upgraded the stock speakers into JBL (dont remember exact specification).
2-channels of Amp were driving all 4 door speakers, while other 2-channels were driving the Sub.
However, i had never been really happy about the sound quality - neither the clarity nor a truly balanced sound.

Recently, the subwoofer got damaged during servicing. Since then, have been rethinking about the entire audio quality and the "need" to upgrade the audio quality has bit me again. This time however, I am clear that I would also like to upgrade the HU unit.

For me, what I really need out of the system is great audio quality + Android Auto + all OEM features like steering control, reverse camera integration.

Looking to spend not more than 20 - 25K.

Mods - Have scouted various threads but havent really found what I am looking for. Hence this post on Audio Upgrade expert suggestion. Pls feel free to move to appropriate section as you think relevant pls.

Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 00:49   #14367
BHPian

Hello there! Looking for help from the ICE gurus here. I had a Baleno on which I'd installed Pioneer MVH G219BT with Focal components in the front and Focal coaxial in the rear doors. I am picking up a Grand Vitara by end of the month and am pretty confused. I needed carplay so I can use the navigation seamlessly without mounting my phone on dashboard and a larger display. For now, I am thinking to move the G219BT and focal speakers to the GV with some damping on doors. Can someone please suggest a good amplifier that I can pair along with this? A 9" HU from pioneer costs 60k upwards. Looking for some suggestions on the amplifier. Should I get a 4channel? Should it be class D? What wiring kit should be used? I am not interested in adding a sub as such. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by petrolhead_chn : 10th July 2023 at 00:52. Reason: Pls delete this post. Posted twice due to browser issue
Old 10th July 2023, 15:56   #14368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
I needed carplay
I am thinking to move the G219BT and focal speakers to the GV with some damping on doors.
Primary requirement is lost. Better get a new HU with Carplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
Should I get a 4channel? Should it be class D? What wiring kit should be used? I am not interested in adding a sub as such.
This needs a detailed explanation and understanding.

Suggestion can be provided if you share your budget and music genre that you listen most.
Old 10th July 2023, 16:39   #14369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Primary requirement is lost. Better get a new HU with Carplay.

This needs a detailed explanation and understanding.

Suggestion can be provided if you share your budget and music genre that you listen most.
Thank you for replying back Mr.Boss
My budget for amplifier is under 10k
The focal speakers should do fine for now I suppose. It was bought 5months ago.
I can forget CarPlay for now if the pioneer head unit is expensive. Unsure if Sony XAV8000 or XAV7000 offers equaliser as such.
Old 12th July 2023, 04:13   #14370
Senior - BHPian

Hello Audio gurus,
Need advice on upgrading the sound quality on my Jimny (without tampering due to warranty issues)
Looking for plug and play solution.

My requirements :
Will keep the 9 inch stock head unit and would like to enhance the performance (Is Nakamichi DSP cum Amplifier good ?)
Open to speaker upgrade.
Thank you.

Most Viewed