Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2017, 10:22   #13546
BHPian

Any recommended ICE installer in Thane?

Sorry, not sure if this is the right place for this query. I searched in the directory section but didn't find anything for Thane.

I have a 2006 make Esteem vxi, still on the stock Kenwood system. Looking to install a basic HU with bluetooth and USB, and change the speakers. Everything on a tight budget though. I dream of adding dampening to the doors, but that might not get approval from the finance ministry.

Can anyone suggest an installer in Thane who can help me out with this?
Old 18th September 2017, 12:08   #13547
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

saar please give the details of the old HU - it may be possible to mod the really old ones to take aux in (and along with that, bluetooth)
Old 18th September 2017, 12:40   #13548
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Will look it up and post tonight.
Old 18th September 2017, 15:42   #13549
Senior - BHPian

My guess is that you have a kenwood KDC 3029

It should support an aux cable via its CD changer input with a cable like this
http://www.ebay.in/itm/95cm-Cable-fo...YAAOSwNnRYgWas

however, if you want to be doubly sure, you should check if the back has a 13 pin DIN connector
Old 18th September 2017, 16:22   #13550
BHPian

Yes, that looks like the one I have. I'll check if this cable will fit. Would be a huge help in managing my budget! I'll just need to add basic speakers in the front doors.
Old 18th September 2017, 16:32   #13551
Senior - BHPian

would also recommend buying a pair of cheapo extension cables
http://www.ebay.in/itm/3-5mm-Female-...cAAOSwUKxYf1oK
as the plugs tend to get damaged with use - better to have the extension replaced than the one that connects to the stereo (since its a lot more expensive)
If you are not fitting some high end speakers, a regular bluetooth adapter (with BT 3.0 or better) should be fine like this one http://www.ebay.in/itm/Car-Bluetooth...MAAOSwCCVZtmgY

now, damping is also pretty cheap - you can buy tarfelt sheets for few hundred rupees from your local hardware store, and apply it yourself
Details of sunnyboi's adventures here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...thread-73.html

I think you can get all this done for within 1K (and still have money left over for vada pav )

Last edited by greenhorn : 18th September 2017 at 16:38.
Old 18th September 2017, 16:44   #13552
BHPian

Hello all !

I was looking to upgrade my i20's front speakers with a set of components and am currently confused between three brands.

I have heard DD Audio components a few years ago, they sounded nice and since then I considered them a safe bet, I don't know their current price point.

Now from what I have read Morel Maxximo's seem to be the best bet currently, since I appreciate a warmer sound signature with controlled Highs.

I am Confused between DD, Morel and another DLS audio components that my accessory shop recommends.

Can anyone help with how these speakers compare (Especially DLS Audio)and the price's they are available at ?
Thanks

Last edited by Jag4 : 18th September 2017 at 16:59.
Old 20th September 2017, 12:27   #13553
BHPian

Ok, I've ordered the aux cable and Bluetooth adapter from eBay. Can anyone suggest an installer in Thane who does simple low budget jobs? Just need to add 2 basic speakers to the front doors.
Any suggestions for speakers?
Old 20th September 2017, 23:20   #13554
BHPian

Hello All!
I am looking to updated the stock speakers on my XUV. The first step will be to just updated the speakers without any amp. My dealer is suggesting Diamond Audio TX65V components for the front and matching coaxial speakers for the rear. I wasn't able get any reviews on these speakers. My preferences are towards speakers that are not bright.

How are these speakers that are being suggested? Any better options that are not as bright as Polk or Focals?

Please suggest!
Old 21st September 2017, 15:40   #13555
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
How are these speakers that are being suggested? Any better options that are not as bright as Polk or Focals?
Please suggest!
Why not try Morel, DLS and Rainbow?
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 16:13   #13556
Distinguished - BHPian

The current gen WagonR VXi came with OE music system and 1 speaker on each door. Has anyone upgraded this setup on their car?

Currently, on my car, the there is a slightly rattle heard on the rear right door if the bass is high and at high pitches. I want to get this fixed.

I am also toying with the idea of changing the speakers for some good units and even get a new HU with bluetooth (mine is the older HU without USB or Bluetooth). I won't like to spend much (10-20k) the lesser the better. Any ideas would be welcome. And a good place in Hyderabad where I can get it done.

Last edited by ashis89 : 21st September 2017 at 16:14.
Old 21st September 2017, 16:41   #13557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
The current gen WagonR VXi came with OE music system and 1 speaker on each door. Has anyone upgraded this setup on their car?
My current gen wagon R VXI came with OE NIPPON HU & stock speakers in each door. Though sound quality was decent, it doesn't suit my taste.

As I was not willing to put in much vitamin M for enhancing the SQ by swapping OE HU & speakers, I simply opted for sony explode amplifier, 12" sony explode sub-woofer 1300 watt & a pair of Pioneer 4Ω dome tweeters added to the existing set-up.

This has improved the SQ a lot.

And for bluetooth connectivity, I've added reverse camera device (Autocop ParkPro PPP-1500 BT -A parking assistance device), which also comes with bluetooth connectivity, USB connectivity & media player set-up. Also I connect AUX cable at times to connect my cell phone.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by GTO : 5th October 2017 at 15:31. Reason: Language
yoscenario2000 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 21st September 2017, 17:09   #13558
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoscenario2000 View Post
As I was not willing to put in much vitamin M for enhancing the SQ by swapping OE HU & speakers, I simply opted for sony explode amplifier, 12" sony explode sub-woofer 1300 watt & a pair of Pioneer 4Ω dome tweeters added to the existing set-up.
I have the same Nippon unit which came without any Aux port or Bluetooth. Manual setting of equalizer made the setup quite good but now I feel like moving on.
I was expecting the changes mentioned by you would be more expensive than a speaker change. Can you share the costs of the components? Also the WagonR boot is very small. Where did you fit the woofer?
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 08:21   #13559
BHPian

I have an 2012 Facelifted Honda City with stock HU. Planning to upgrade it and hence, searched in AliExpress and found these products. My need is, powerful HU which can be used as music player, video player and for google maps navigation. I have no plans to upgrade my speakers and would need to retain my steering media control.

1. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dasa...a-2e9d7b854ca1

2. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...a-2e9d7b854ca1

3. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Andr...a-2e9d7b854ca1

I am confused b/w the quad/octa/8 cores and Android version.

Any suggestions?
Old 22nd September 2017, 14:46   #13560
BHPian

Quote:
I have the same Nippon unit which came without any Aux port or Bluetooth. Manual setting of equalizer made the setup quite good but now I feel like moving on.
Mine is 2011 wagon R vxi having AUX slot in OEM Nippon HU.

Quote:
I was expecting the changes mentioned by you would be more expensive than a speaker change. Can you share the costs of the components? Also the WagonR boot is very small. Where did you fit the woofer?
AFAIR, this total set-up of Amplifier, sub-woofer & tweeters cost me 8.5 K appx. with installation 4 years back.

Yeah, Boot space is very small & I've fitted sub-woofer in boot itself.

Mostly I'm using wagon R for city commute so I'm not in need of boot space as such.

But still, I've added a switch in sub-woofer wiring, which makes it detachable whenever required, for highway drives.
yoscenario2000 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks