elf
BANNED

What's The Venin & when's Kirchoff?
Old 3rd January 2007, 01:16   #4997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Can you listen to them before buying?
The ED subs are decent subs, with a couple of great sounding models too. I aked him to stay away cuz of late there have been many complaints of poor after sales service. If the company is having issues servicing local customers, how can he expect any support all the way here if and when he needs it.
Old 3rd January 2007, 01:26   #4998
Distinguished - BHPian

5000!!!!!!!

Here's my customary

Congratulations and YAY!!! Team-BHP's most popular thread has now crossed 5000 posts!!!!!
Old 3rd January 2007, 01:51   #4999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Here's my customary

Congratulations and YAY!!! Team-BHP's most popular thread has now crossed 5000 posts!!!!!
Heartiest Congratulations to Sam, Navin, B&T, Gunbir & all the other Guru's!!! Keep the great effort going!!
Old 3rd January 2007, 09:58   #5000
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Thevenin and Kirchoff back in electronics school. :(
You never leave Kirchoff, just like you never forget Calculus or Physics. Even today the 2 books I most refer to are my Howard Anton and my Resnick and Halliday.

Thevenin's (and Norton's) work just an extension of Krichoff's and Ohm's.
Old 3rd January 2007, 15:40   #5001
BHPian

Navin...I have posted my components below....Now does dual rca out means only front and sub\non fading??
Old 3rd January 2007, 23:10   #5002
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfire View Post
Navin...I have posted my components below....Now does dual rca out means only front and sub\non fading??
which components ?
Old 4th January 2007, 02:31   #5003
BHPian

Hi, Wish you all an excellent new year !
I joined this forum because of this thread. Sooo interesting this has been always to read... You guys here are really amazing. I have not seen any forum giving practical suggestions and frank opinions like the way it is done here! I love you all!!
I am watching this thread for some weeks and have gone thru many discussions here several time.
Also was thinking, why TBHP forum has such a strict guidelines, rules, regulations etc. to be followed while posting/answering threads - Now I understand that... why this place is so clean and means the real business. Great!
Now I seek your suggestions on my long term plan of having a (value for money) ICE for my Hyundai Santro Xing. What I mean by long term is - I will buy one stuff at a time and start using it immediatly(buy them in intervals of 2 months ). All the reason for this being - just can't invest at one shot. (May be this is not the right way but if it is possible - helps me a lot) Currently I use a Sony cassette player/radio, I no more use cassettes but use a Transcend T-Sonic610 MP3 player and a FM transmitter(china make which sits on cigar lighter plug). Have Sony speakers in front and pioneer at the rear. The audio quality? you know how it would be by now!!
I want to know what is the right sequence to buy the things...
I felt it is this way,
->> start with HU which has 3 RCA pre-outs for front, rear and subwoofer). Drive the existing speakers from HU.
->> Buy Front speakers. replace them with existing Sony.
->> Buy rear speakers Replace them with existing pioneer ones
->> Buy 4 channel Amp - in this stage I will connect all the speakers through the amp. may be I should have to budget for good amp wiring kit at this stage.
->> Buy Subwoofer Tube. AT this point, run the rear speakers from HU and use the 2 channels of Amp to drive the 10" Subwoofer. Front speakers will remain on Amp. Tube is practical for me as I would like to have boom boom when I am driving alone and... nobody in my family likes it -- instead they will need great luggage space - I can take the tuby sub off whenever i want (i mean the situation demands - I would love to have it on anytime)
But I wonder which one is cost effective boom boom tube or a box with tight bass (I have no bias to any of them - tighter bass is costly I guess, is that true?)
It would be nice if you all could help me on this project. Advice me if it is alright to go as said above and also the brands/part # and price info.
Sorry for the long post. Thank you all again.
-Shyam
Old 4th January 2007, 08:44   #5004
BHPian

My Audio components and their connections Navinji...as you had asked me to post....had done it once ...

Headnit is pio 5650..with 2rca preouts..
Accordin to the manual..it just says Dual Rca preout..Nowhere mention about Front+rear or anythin like that
All the rca`s are connected to the sony 504 amp...
Front channel from the amp is connected to Jbl gto427`s with HPF on at 80 hz
Rear channel from the amp is connected to pio 2090`s...With LPF off

Now when i turn on the NONFAD...there is Output from the rear speakers...
With the NOFAD off..There is no output from the rears..

This is what i could think of for my problem.....Guess my head unit has only front+sub\non fading
Nonfading output can used for rear speakers as there is no dedicated rear preout........What do think navinji?..Can it be ?....

Last edited by angelfire : 4th January 2007 at 08:46.
Old 4th January 2007, 08:48   #5005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
I want to know what is the right sequence to buy the things...
I felt it is this way,
->> start with HU which has 3 RCA pre-outs for front, rear and subwoofer). Drive the existing speakers from HU.
->> Buy Front speakers. replace them with existing Sony.
->> Buy rear speakers Replace them with existing pioneer ones
->> Buy 4 channel Amp - in this stage I will connect all the speakers through the amp. may be I should have to budget for good amp wiring kit at this stage.
->> Buy Subwoofer Tube. AT this point, run the rear speakers from HU and use the 2 channels of Amp to drive the 10" Subwoofer. Front speakers will remain on Amp.
-Shyam
Shyam, welcome to TBHP!

From your first post, it is obvious you have been reading a lot of TBHP ICE. You already have it set. Your plan is excellent! :-)

Tube vs. Boxed sub is an eternal topic for discussion. Like they say, different strokes for different folks. The choice is up to you. Tubes sound different from subs -- especially subs in a sealed box. You should listen to both before you buy. And the good thing is, the way you have it planned, you can audition both right in your car. Try listening to some of your favourite music with the tube for a while. Then try the same music with the sub-box. You will have no trouble deciding what you want, as you'll know exactly what sound you'll get in the car.

Cost-wise, there will be some difference between a 10" tube and a boxed sub -- the tube will be cheaper. You have a choice of tubes from JBL (10" & 12") from JBL and Blaupunkt. I'm not sure about other brands in India.

As for a sub-in-a-box, you can buy one off the shelf from JBL & Blaupunkt (There may be other brands also available). This way you can compare the sound in your car (with a tube). Or you can buy a subwoofer (driver/component) from any good brand, and have a custom box built to suit your car (and the enclosure size requirements dictated by the driver). But this way you may not be able to compare the sound with a tube on the spot.

Personally, I would buy a subwoofer driver and build a box, but that's just me. I prefer the sound of boxed subs, and I generally prefer ported enclosures. Sealed enclosures are better, but then more power (more expensive amp) will be needed to power them as well.

All the best with your journey into ICE. From your first post, I'm sure you are going to make the right decisions :-)
Old 4th January 2007, 11:44   #5006
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now I seek your suggestions on my long term plan of having a (value for money) ICE for my Hyundai Santro Xing. -Shyam
Rule #1: FIX YOUR BUDGET NOW AND KEEP IT THAT WAY. We ICEers are prone to spending more money that we ever had planned.

Rule #2. Damp the doors (when you install the front speakers), rear hatch, and roof (if you can afford it). This way you dont have to open the door panels everytime.

Rule #3. Invest (or allocate funds for) in decent wires and a good installer. You pay peanuts you get monekeys. I have seen so many good components sound bad becuase some of some bloke with a "flame gun" (flame gun is just a metaphor).

Now for the Basics - Starting prices

A good HU with 3 pre outs: 9K+
Good Front speakers (components): 6K+
Good front speakers (coax): 4K+
Good coax rear speakers (matching to front): 4K+
Good sub with box: 4K+
Good 4 ch. amp: 7K+
Damping doors and hatch: 5K add another 5K for the roof.
Wires: 1.5K per pair (you need 2 pairs for a 4 ch. amp)
Install if all this is done at once: 1K more if you have multiple visits.
----------
Total: 42-44K

if this does not work for you please read the sticky below
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...k-25k-30k.html
Old 4th January 2007, 12:20   #5007
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, Wish you all an excellent new year !
I joined this forum because of this thread. Sooo interesting this has been always to read... You guys here are really amazing. I have not seen any forum giving practical suggestions and frank opinions like the way it is done here! I love you all!!
-Shyam
Hi Shyam,

You already have the suggestions you need. These are all can't-go-wrong solutions.

Thank you for your kind words on our tiny little section of Team-BHP. We know it absolutely rocks and it has been a collective effort.
However we are easily waylaid by kind appreciative words and now that you have bribed us with your appreciation, we shall fall over ourselves trying to help you
Happy New Year and we love you too.
Old 4th January 2007, 12:33   #5008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rule #1: FIX YOUR BUDGET NOW AND KEEP IT THAT WAY. We ICEers are prone to spending more money that we ever had planned.
Yes, Shyam. This definitely is rule 1. :-)

If you can let us have a budget, say what you would be willing to spend, to get your system setup, in say 8-10 months (or whatever period you are comfortable with). If we have some figures and a time-frame, we can give more specific suggestions and choices. And also, what kind of music do you listen to? Do like it loud, boomy & enveloping or clear & defined, with bass kicking-in just where its needed? Or a bit of both? etc. etc.
Old 4th January 2007, 12:34   #5009
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfire View Post
All the rca`s are connected to the sony 504 amp...
Front channel from the amp is connected to Jbl gto427`s with HPF on at 80 hz
Rear channel from the amp is connected to pio 2090`s...With LPF off

Now when i turn on the NONFAD...there is Output from the rear speakers...
With the NOFAD off..There is no output from the rears....
Now I get it. the HU turns off the rear output when NON FAD is off. That means the RCA out are fullrange (front) and Low Pass (rear).

Now when NON FAD is on do you get only bass in the rear?
Old 4th January 2007, 14:20   #5010
BHPian

Quote:
Now I get it. the HU turns off the rear output when NON FAD is off. That means the RCA out are fullrange (front) and Low Pass (rear).

Now when NON FAD is on do you get only bass in the rear?
Nope...get full Output from rear...the manual says that when non fad in ON the signals bypass the internal low pass filter...So full range output with nonfad ON right??
Just that i cant use the fader controls with non-fad on...got to use only the nonfad level...Any other means of improvin the front sound stage??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks