Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2006, 23:22   #4846
Team-BHP Support

Well it's definitely not scosche as the packing says. think it's some local make. It's of good quality by the looks. I have a bill too if it doesnt work. cost me $20 sing. around Rs.600. still have to try when i return.

I saw them on cruthfield for $30 USD.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 15th December 2006 at 23:29.
Old 16th December 2006, 09:06   #4847
BHPian

Hi guys...i`ve got an pio 5650mp...and a 4 channel amp...Only front channel is connected to the amp..which runs the rears....i`d be gettin a pair of front speakers nd want to do the install myself...my player manual says "2 RCA preout-selectable(front+rear+subwoofer/front+non fading)"...So how do i go about connecting the second rca cable???....And wht should i be expectin when i remove the player from the dash?...
Old 16th December 2006, 12:11   #4848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfire View Post
Hi guys...i`ve got an pio 5650mp...and a 4 channel amp...Only front channel is connected to the amp..which runs the rears....i`d be gettin a pair of front speakers nd want to do the install myself...my player manual says "2 RCA preout-selectable(front+rear+subwoofer/front+non fading)"...So how do i go about connecting the second rca cable???....And wht should i be expectin when i remove the player from the dash?...
I think you mean (front + subwoofer/ front + non-fading). Why are you currently running the rear speakers on the front pre-outs of the HU? And I'm also assuming you dont have a sub, atleast not on the same amp.

What you need to do is, run another pair of RCAs from the subwoofer/ non-fading selectable pre-out to the amp. Put this cable into the channels where the rear speakers are connected, and hence remove the front RCAs from the amp and put them in the hitherto unused channels. Connect your new front speakers to the speakers outputs on these channels of the amp.

Ensure that you program the head unit's pre-outs to be front + non-fading, and not front + sub for this configuration.
Old 16th December 2006, 18:51   #4849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post

What you need to do is, run another pair of RCAs from the subwoofer/ non-fading selectable pre-out to the amp. Put this cable into the channels where the rear speakers are connected, and hence remove the front RCAs from the amp and put them in the hitherto unused channels. Connect your new front speakers to the speakers outputs on these channels of the amp.
WEll got that "2 rca preout:front +rear+sub..etc...." data from the manual on the net..i`ve lost the printed one...And my installer had connected the front rca out.....absolutely no cule why he did that....
What you are sayin is front rca pre outs go to front channel on the amp....and the sub pre out to the rear channels ....... front and rear spkrs connected to thier respected channels...right???....Thnks a lot B&T...Had a bit of confusion about non fading feature...Wont have to use any of that i guess...
Old 16th December 2006, 18:59   #4850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfire View Post
WEll got that "2 rca preout:front +rear+sub..etc...." data from the manual on the net..i`ve lost the printed one...And my installer had connected the front rca out.....absolutely no cule why he did that....
What you are sayin is front rca pre outs go to front channel on the amp....and the sub pre out to the rear channels ....... front and rear spkrs connected to thier respected channels...right???....Thnks a lot B&T...Had a bit of confusion about non fading feature...Wont have to use any of that i guess...
That's some wrong data then. To the best of my knowledge, the 5650 has 2 pairs of pre-outs: 1 is fixed for front, the other configurable as either non-fading or sub.

You have to use the non-fading pre-out if you're not driving a sub. I just asked you to ensure that the front speakers get signal from the front pre-out from the HU and the rear speakers from the non-fading. That way you can fade your fronts from the HU, and have the option of trimming or boosting your rears, since the non-fad cannot be set to 0 or 'off' level.
Old 16th December 2006, 20:29   #4851
JPL
BHPian

JPLhere again !!

Hi Audio Experts,

I only got a configuration from Hydrahok..will not body else enlighten me.. please help I will installing it the coming week..and again I will be using a Alpine 9857 HU with a IPOD cable and Hydra please also tell me do i Amp all the speakers for good effect or only the front compos ? and also please any one provide me the address of anwars or a link to his post so that I can PM him and see what he got to say..

Please help me..aplogies if i offend any one..I want to install asap..i hope you guys understand it..

Please check out hydras configuration and comment on it...please help me out..please

and also after the cutting in the front door do I need damping.. please enlighten..
Old 16th December 2006, 22:21   #4852
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL View Post
I only got a configuration from Hydrahok.....
Please check out hydras configuration and comment on it...please help me out..please..
1. I think i posted soon after Hydra (see post 4834)
2. what part of Hyrda's configuration did you not get. I found it very well written.
Old 16th December 2006, 22:33   #4853
Team-BHP Support

Yeah hydra's post was very well written. there was no need to add on further. I did mention the installation part.
Anwar isn't a member here. But a lot of members do go to him. Sorry, but i dont have his contact details available with me. I think blueraven316 on the forum will have that PM him for that.

Anwar's shop is called AutoFusion in kormangala very close to the kormangala club.

Your better off going for the 4 channel amp. If it crosses your budget with a 4 channel amp and sub just remove the sub for now. Connect the front compos to 2 channels of the amp and for the rear get 6X9" oval coaxial speakers (recommend JBL GTO937) and connect these to ther 2 channels. this should suffice within your budget.
Later on once you have a little cash to spare add a sub. Connect the sub to the 2 channels of the amp and drive the rear speakers directly through the HU instead of amp.
Old 16th December 2006, 23:24   #4854
Senior - BHPian

JPL, it all comes down to how you'd like your sound and how much you want to spend (doesn't it always). For this, you will need to fix a budget and stick to it first (ok, 2k this-way-that-way for some flexibility). That will help you get your decision done easily.

My posts (#4820 and #4833) will give you an idea about how to go about it when you want a sub in the setup. Navin's post (#4834) and vid6639's post (#4856) cover a subless setup.

Yes, you very likely will need to damp the front doors. I advise you do this, and not to skip it. I did not take this into account in my posts. You will need to spend 3K or so on damping.

If you are open to building a good system in 2 sets of installs, I advise that you follow vid's post and get a 4 ch amp to power the front and the rear speakers now. Later you can either buy a sub and power it with the rear channel of the amp (and drive the rears from the HU), or get a monobloc/2ch amp and power the sub with it. If you choose to buy another amp (which you maybe able to as you can set a fresh budget then) you'll be amping everything, and you should have a system good enough to keep. Building a system slowly has the advantage that you will be using stuff you will keep for a longer time. And you will be quite satisfied with the sound. And, your pocket doesn't get hit badly both the times you install the stuff. Most of us here have built our systems slowly. (We also periodically "refresh" our systems by swapping perfectly good stuff with even better stuff, but that is another story).

As I mentioned before, what you want to do comes down to personal choice.

Now, I think you have the basic gyan necessary to get down to an installer and ask him to demo the stuff you want, and to ask him to give you a quote. He will also be better placed to tell you how much damping will be needed, etc. Anwar is a reputed installer, and he will give you good advice, and he will get your install done in the best possible way. (You may still feel like asking something here after you visit the installer. Feel free to do so and we will help you with suggestions).
Old 17th December 2006, 20:34   #4855
Team-BHP Support

I found this an interesting read.

Bongiovi Acoustics unveils miracle DSP chip for car audio - Engadget
Old 17th December 2006, 21:01   #4856
Team-BHP Support

And here are the specs of the jvc HU which has the DPS.

Bongiovi Digital Powerstaion
Old 17th December 2006, 21:05   #4857
Senior - BHPian

JVC HU's are good and robust. Sound quality moreover iMHO depends upon the speakers. JVC HU never gave any problem to me ever.

Secondly I want to know whats the use of 3 preouts ? Or more over whats the use of 2 preouts.

Last edited by abhibh : 17th December 2006 at 21:07.
Old 17th December 2006, 21:09   #4858
Team-BHP Support

abhibh preouts are used to connect the HU to the amp. They bypass the internal HU amp and go to a dedicated external amp.
Having 2 preouts enables you to connect 4 channel amp whereas 3 preouts will allow for 4 channels plus a subwoofer.

Thats in simple terms. You can read about it more on the forum.
Old 17th December 2006, 21:12   #4859
Senior - BHPian

Thanks vid for the information. One more thing how many preouts do this HU have JVC India
Old 17th December 2006, 21:21   #4860
Team-BHP Support

I havent seen that unit before but after searching i believe it has 2 preouts. i got the info from:

JVC Home

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks