Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2006, 21:31   #4966
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey congratulations GTS on a good ICE setup. Glad to see we upset your finances and pleased to see that you're happy.
Old 30th December 2006, 08:13   #4967
Senior - BHPian

how's eclipse cd5435
Old 30th December 2006, 11:57   #4968
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
how's eclipse cd5435
Is eclipse available in India?
Old 30th December 2006, 12:04   #4969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
how's eclipse cd5435
Nice unit. Basic features (compared to the Pioneers) but great output. Build quality slightly lower than earlier Eclipse units but still ahead of some others.
Old 30th December 2006, 12:45   #4970
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Is eclipse available in India?
I believe Eclipse is now available in bangalore.
Old 31st December 2006, 23:43   #4971
BHPian

How much do the eclipse sets cost?
Old 31st December 2006, 23:58   #4972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis View Post
How much do the eclipse sets cost?
i want people to guess the price as i was surprised when i heard the price
Old 1st January 2007, 11:54   #4973
BHPian

A Very Happy New Year to all...Well i had installed My jbl front speakers yest...Now would want know if there`s any thumb rule on how to set the gains....did search the net...but different opinions got me confused....
--Do i have switch on all the effects like..loud..sla..etc..or keep it off while setting the gain??
--Initailly when i connected it to the rear channel..there was no output..Then had to go to another menu..Nd set the output to full range...Then it was fine...But i can fade only to rear now...ND there`s somthin called NONFADIN...Whats that??

By the Way...i did make my own RCA Cables...Inspired by our very own DIY Guru Navin...nd of course vivek...
Old 1st January 2007, 14:16   #4974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfire View Post
--Do i have switch on all the effects like..loud..sla..etc..or keep it off while setting the gain??
--Initailly when i connected it to the rear channel..there was no output..Then had to go to another menu..Nd set the output to full range...Then it was fine...But i can fade only to rear now...ND there`s somthin called NONFADIN...Whats that??

By the Way...i did make my own RCA Cables...Inspired by our very own DIY Guru Navin...nd of course vivek...
Happy new year, angelfire :-)

All settings should be flat (= zero) when setting gains. All special and other effects and EQ should be off while setting gains.

Congrats on your first DIY effort :-)

No output from the HU's rear output? And output came only after setting to full range? Which HU? There must some setting in the HU that is set wrong. Or did you give the output to the rear/sub-out? Some HUs have a common preout for the rear & sub and the call it rear/sub out (non-fading). This means that if you set this preout to "sub-out/non-fading", then only the front channel or (front preout) gets full range output. The sub-out/nonfading preout will get a mono output or a low freq output only. This setting must be the one you changed to get output to the rears? I haven't played with such settings personally -- my old HU had only one preout, and my current HU has 3, and I hate changing/fiddling with the settings of somebody else's HU -- so I'm just guessing here.
Old 1st January 2007, 14:54   #4975
elf
BANNED

Happy Noo Yeah & all that...

This may be a silly question from an uneducated country bumpkin, but is there any way to 'hard' tune the sound coming out of your speakers (not from the H/U) without having an amp? I have some lovely (in my opinion at least) Infinity 6010cs components up front & a pair of Ref 9613 coaxes in the rear. No sub, no amp.

Just looking for a bit more bottom end by way of tweaking if possible.
Old 1st January 2007, 14:59   #4976
Distinguished - BHPian

Elf, You have an old alpine HU, which sounds pretty good and some very decent speakers. I've heard your audio and it's pretty good. I am afraid there isn't much you can do to qualitatively increase your bass.

BUT we can collectively tweak your bottom end if you like elfie. Hard.
Old 1st January 2007, 15:21   #4977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
front channel or (front preout) gets full range output. The sub-out/nonfading preout will get a mono output or a low freq output only. This setting must be the one you changed to get output to the rears? I haven't played with such settings personally -- my old HU had only one preout, and my current HU has 3, and I hate changing/fiddling with the settings of somebody else's HU -- so I'm just guessing here.
Head unit is a pio 5650..With 2 pre outs...front and rear/sub...Wht settings do i need to do in the non fading option?...

Last edited by angelfire : 1st January 2007 at 15:23.
Old 1st January 2007, 15:28   #4978
Senior - BHPian

@angelfire, If you want to get the rear preouts to feed the rear speakers, I think you'll need to set the preout to 'rear' and not to 'sub/non-fading'.

Anybody here with a Pio5850 know how this setting can be changed?
Old 1st January 2007, 15:42   #4979
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
... BUT we can collectively tweak your bottom end if you like elfie. Hard.
@Sam:
How kind of you to offer. I've always wanted my bottom end tweaked by a yeti. And this one drives a Cadillac & promises to tweak it hard. I'm blessed.

I do hope that you remember that more importantly, this is a public forum & that less importantly, the both of us have better halves, so this will have to go into the covert operations arena of our relationship. Am also looking forward to having Bass&Trouble fiddle with my controls if he's so inclined.

Last edited by elf : 1st January 2007 at 15:47.
Old 1st January 2007, 22:01   #4980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
@angelfire, If you want to get the rear preouts to feed the rear speakers, I think you'll need to set the preout to 'rear' and not to 'sub/non-fading'.

Anybody here with a Pio5850 know how this setting can be changed?
Hey...just went through the manual....it says tht i have to switch on th Non fadin output to change the sub out to rear out...Cause the player has only 2 pre-outs...Any idea what this non fading out put is????
And hydra..its a pio5650..

Most Viewed