Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2006, 19:23   #4816
JPL
BHPian

Urgent Help !!

Hi,

I have a santro and I want to put in a decent set of spakers. I have the Alpine HU 9857 and the rest I need help with.. please clarify on the following also:

1. Do i really need to go in with componenents in the front ( i would have to cut the door paddings but willing if its worth it)

2. If I can get a decent 4" inch speaker in the front ..which make and model..will they be good enough and also please advise on tweeters in the front..

3. okay and in the rear do I install componenets or regualr ovals and which ones.

4. Sub and amp.. please advise.. I want only one sub and that better be good.

I dont want to spend more than rs 20000/- on this and also where can i get the speakers and where to install them.

Thanks a lot in advance..please help its really urgent..i guess you guys will know how it is..

looking forward

JPL
Old 13th December 2006, 20:42   #4817
Senior - BHPian

JPL, welcome to T-BHP ICE!

Here you go:

1. Components are better than co-axials, period. You can install upto 6.5" mid-basses in the door with a little bit of modding. Major cutting will not be required. If you install 5.25" midbasses, no modding will be required at all, but go for 6.5". They will be better. Listen to Hertz DSK 165 and JBL CS2165c and decide. (Approx 5K for JBL, a bit higher for Hertz).

2. You don't need the 4" speakers in the front (dash) if you get mid-basses in the door. If you prefer the 4" speakers in the dash and want to skip the midbasses in the door (not recommended at all), you'll need to go for co-axials. 4" comps are close to impossible to find. Best option is the JBLCS2104 (just below Rs.2K) or the JBL GTO427 (not sure of price).

3. Install co-axials in the rear. Co-axials will do. If you are going for a Sub don't install ovals. Install 5.25" co-axes in the stock pods. Buy the same brand and series as the front speakers. Approx 3.5K to 4K I guess.

4. We only have about 11K left here for a sub, amp & wiring. A Pio TSW306C sub (about 3500/-) and a Pio 6100 amp (7K-8K I think) will about eat this budget. If you can stretch it by 3-4K more, you can get some good wiring from Audison/Scosche/JBL. If you can stretch by 5K more, you will be able to get a better sub and amp. (I know you're a tight budget, but it always pays to know what you can do with just a little more).

If you get the whole lot done at a single installer (the best way), you should get it all installed for free.

Go though this thread for more ideas: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...k-25k-30k.html

And do let us know what you decide/install, and how much it cost.
Old 13th December 2006, 20:56   #4818
Team-BHP Support

One more thing to hydras already excellent reply. In bangalore a very good installer is Anwar of AutoFusion Kormangala. If you search a bit on the forum you will be able to find a few pictures of Anwar's work.
Even if you have good equipment you still need someone who knows how to install it. This is the weak link in many installs and the most important.
Old 13th December 2006, 20:57   #4819
JPL
BHPian

Woah..Thanks..

Thanks a ton.. I really need advise like that..and that was quick..cosi want it be sounding in my car soon..and I also appreciate that extending the budget is okay cos it so much more worth and Iam ready to that..thanks a ton for the link also..

Appreciate it..

JPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
JPL, welcome to T-BHP ICE!

Here you go:

1. Components are better than co-axials, period. You can install upto 6.5" mid-basses in the door with a little bit of modding. Major cutting will not be required. If you install 5.25" midbasses, no modding will be required at all, but go for 6.5". They will be better. Listen to Hertz DSK 165 and JBL CS2165c and decide. (Approx 5K for JBL, a bit higher for Hertz).

2. You don't need the 4" speakers in the front (dash) if you get mid-basses in the door. If you prefer the 4" speakers in the dash and want to skip the midbasses in the door (not recommended at all), you'll need to go for co-axials. 4" comps are close to impossible to find. Best option is the JBLCS2104 (just below Rs.2K) or the JBL GTO427 (not sure of price).

3. Install co-axials in the rear. Co-axials will do. If you are going for a Sub don't install ovals. Install 5.25" co-axes in the stock pods. Buy the same brand and series as the front speakers. Approx 3.5K to 4K I guess.

4. We only have about 11K left here for a sub, amp & wiring. A Pio TSW306C sub (about 3500/-) and a Pio 6100 amp (7K-8K I think) will about eat this budget. If you can stretch it by 3-4K more, you can get some good wiring from Audison/Scosche/JBL. If you can stretch by 5K more, you will be able to get a better sub and amp. (I know you're a tight budget, but it always pays to know what you can do with just a little more).

If you get the whole lot done at a single installer (the best way), you should get it all installed for free.

Go though this thread for more ideas: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...k-25k-30k.html

And do let us know what you decide/install, and how much it cost.
Old 13th December 2006, 21:00   #4820
JPL
BHPian

Also please tell where do you recommend to get this installed from ..any trust worthy dealer in bangalore..guys help please..

thanks

JPL
Old 13th December 2006, 21:05   #4821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
One more thing to hydras already excellent reply. In bangalore a very good installer is Anwar of AutoFusion Kormangala. If you search a bit on the forum you will be able to find a few pictures of Anwar's work.
Even if you have good equipment you still need someone who knows how to install it. This is the weak link in many installs and the most important.
I totally agree with vid6639. Installation makes a lot of difference. Where i am located (Chandigarh) we do not have good installers. They have one common enclosure for sedan, one common enclosure for suv's and one common enclosure for cars like M800 alto etc.. and they just fit the sub in that.

@hydra is Pio TSW306C a DVC ?
Old 13th December 2006, 21:06   #4822
JPL
BHPian

Yeah I do agree 100%..thanks a lot guys.

JPL
Old 13th December 2006, 21:38   #4823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
is Pio TSW306C a DVC ?
yes the pioneer TSW306C is a DVC.

Rev
Old 13th December 2006, 22:08   #4824
Senior - BHPian

This 'JPL' name sounds a lot like a car audio brand, just can't remember which one it is though?!?
Old 13th December 2006, 23:16   #4825
JPL
BHPian

lol

lol thats a nice one..what do you think about the spec given above..and guys how are alpine speakers..

please tell me something that is reasonable price=good performance for the price nad it should utilise my alpine 9857 to the maximum extent

1. and also do i need capacitors and which is the best wiring for a decent price?

2. please advise on a final configuration that I can implement in bangalore..thanks for all the help from hydra and also about where to get the installation done..he should have a good range of speakers available (cos some only recommend the ones they have..)
okay and now iam ready to extend the budget to Rs 25000/- for the speakers..

experts please advise..please..I really need your help now..I would be really greatful...

3. Also about the amps are pio amps better then jbl? price=performance?

please give me some concession on this as iam still a newbie..

thanks a lot for all the help and you guys bet once the setup is done i will definitely post pics..

anyways i bought my first car..ie a santro xk base model no ac no pwr steering and non metallica..just to installa good set of music system and alloys...

thanks again..

JPL .....
:-)
the familiar name..lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
This 'JPL' name sounds a lot like a car audio brand, just can't remember which one it is though?!?
Old 13th December 2006, 23:27   #4826
JPL
BHPian

help !!!!!!!!!!!

please all senior bhpians please help..

please need a

what i have
1. Alpine cda 9857
2. 20 - 25 k cash..

1. decent configuration for front and rear speakers..subs and amp.
2. Dealer where i can get the same done?
3. and more and more advise..and gyan

please experts help me clear the clouds so that i can hear the roar of the thunder...::cheesy:: but still..HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Old 14th December 2006, 00:04   #4827
Senior - BHPian

JPL - It's wednesday night & most guru's are either our partying or resting (I personally know of one who's drunk right now ). So if I were you I would wait till tomorrow afternoon since by then you'll have so many answers that you'll be completely confused yourself!!!!!

Patience my boy Patience!

Last edited by iraghava : 14th December 2006 at 00:15.
Old 14th December 2006, 01:36   #4828
Senior - BHPian

NANANAN why wait for seniors or guru's when juniors and chellaas can help. JPL is a sister company which is in colaboration with J(bee)L + B(ee)PL = JPL..

Well jokes apart i want to know which one is better out of these 2 for boom bass booom boom:

PIO TSW306C or JBL - GT4-12
Old 14th December 2006, 01:54   #4829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Well jokes apart i want to know which one is better out of these 2 for boom bass booom boom:

PIO TSW306C or JBL - GT4-12

I am not a guru or a chela for that matter, but I would say the JBL is better any day!
Old 14th December 2006, 08:14   #4830
Senior - BHPian

JPL,

1. No, you won't need capacitors at all. Wiring: I'd recommend Audison. Approx 3000/- for the amp wiring kit (8G) and 1000/- for an RCA set. (You're amping just the sub, right?) Since your Santro is going to be with you for quite a while, do spend this much on wiring to avoid problems and expensive re-wiring later. You won't regret it.

2. Please refer to my post #4820 (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/337724-post4820.html) for the speaker details. You should listen to both models before you decide between the two I've suggested. They sound different, and you should go with the set that sounds best to you. I think that Auto Fusion (Koramangala) would have both brands. I'm not from Bangalore so, I can't be completely sure :-) But from the various installs Anwar has done, it looks like he deals in nearly every car audio brand available in India, and then some.

Now, for 25K...
- Front Comps: Approx 5K
- Rear Co-axes: Approx 4K
- Wiring: Approx 4K (Power wires + RCA. Speaker wire will come with speakers)
- Sub & Sub Amp: 13K is left. See below.

3. IMHO, JBL amps are any day better than Pioneer amps. The JBL CS60.2 @ 7000/- would be my personal recommendation. And for the sub, a JBL 12" Bass tube at below 6.5K or a 10" Bass tube at 5K (plug-n-play solutions -- no hassle of building a separate enclosure) OR a JBL GT4-12 12" subwoofer component at around 5K and a custom box for around 1.5K would be a good idea. I personally think the 12" sub component + the custom box will give you best value for the 6.5K.

I've overshot your budget by Rs.500/- (if you don't go for eh 10" tube) but you probably can bargain it down by that much and get free installation as you're fitting everything at a single point.

(If you have the option of spending 3K more, you can get a JBL CS60.4 4-ch amp & one more RCA cable. That way, you can drive your front comps and the sub.)

Last edited by hydrashok : 14th December 2006 at 08:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks