Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2006, 12:51   #4861
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxmdpg View Post
Dudes,
Sam Kapasi is an audiophile . He used to write in one of the Car mags and believe me the guy is a thorough professional in Audio for cars. I have never had the pleasure of using his services but he comes highly recommended .
GTXMDPG
lol, thanks for the testicle...oops testimonial gtx. And yes, everyone has had a nice laugh at my expense, but baba, i don't provide any services. Well, none that would interest you anyways

Thanks for your kind words.

See you around.
Old 19th December 2006, 13:06   #4862
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
And yes, everyone has had a nice laugh at my expense, but baba, i don't provide any services. Well, none that would interest you anyways .
Sam, I would not have taken the liberty of making such a statement with most others here.

Guys, Sam K, is an excelllent person to know. Some people make the world a better place, he is one such person.

As far as his services go...we'll need a whole new forum to cover that. I was just kidding.
Old 19th December 2006, 13:49   #4863
Senior - BHPian

No no no!!! navinji to experience full samji service you don't need a new full forum. TeamBHP is just fine but if you really need to enjoy the services you need to take him Singapore or Malaysia. Am i right ??

Though i have one question i need enclosure details of JBL 12 in sub woofer. If anyone have allready installed the 12 in sub then the pic will be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
As far as his services go...we'll need a whole new forum to cover that. I was just kidding.
Old 19th December 2006, 14:20   #4864
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
No no no!!! navinji to experience full samji service you don't need a new full forum. .
Yes you will my son! Trust me. Sam is a person of MANY talents.

When I think of him I think of an old Neil Young song (Heart of Gold). I think he thinks of another Neil Young song when he thinks of me (no guesses). :-)
Old 19th December 2006, 14:45   #4865
Team-BHP Support

Hmm not sure wether to start a new thread for this, so putting it in here.
I recently read an article about Speakers.
The article said that all speakers should be in front. After all in concerts too speakers are in front of us, not rear.
The only reason big speakers are put in rear is due to space issues.
So put in really good quality speakers in front and make a 2KHz crossover to get bass from rear and all other sound from front.
So from what I understood is
1. Get some speakers with good bass capability in rear
2. Get the best speakers you can fit in the front
3. Get a crossover thingy made so what only bass goes to rear and rest of sound comes from front.

So is this the best way to go?
Old 19th December 2006, 15:02   #4866
Senior - BHPian

Yeah thats what was told to me by the JBL dealer in Pune & thats what every one has been talking about in this thread i.e. it is advisable to have front sound stage rather than rear. I have recently shifted my sound stage slightly to front(using fader & EQ controls) & must admit it feels a lot better
Old 19th December 2006, 15:03   #4867
BANNED

TSK sir, You read right! ............................................
Old 19th December 2006, 15:32   #4868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
So is this the best way to go?
Yep. This is the way to go.

The normal way of listening to music is to face the source. By putting in more powerful (and better) speakers in the front of the car you try an emulate this as much as possible.

Due to the space constraints in a car, subs (for bass) can usually be placed only in the boot.

Better speakers up front (Good 2-way comps or 3-ways comps) will help "pull" this bass to the front and integrate with the soundstage up front, and make the sound appear as if it is coming from in front of you. That is what they call "Staging".

When you get good component speakers, you will get good crossovers with them as part of the package. You really needn't build them separately (this of course doesn't apply to our ICE Mod, who merrily builds crossovers for his own use).
Old 19th December 2006, 18:16   #4869
BHPian

Well After takin countless advices from our ICE gurus..I decided to move the sound upfront.....my process of shifting the soundstage to the front took off yest...Just ordered the jbl front speakers..It wil be delivered next week i guess...
rgrds,
angelfire
Old 21st December 2006, 11:56   #4870
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The only reason big speakers are put in rear is due to space issues.
So put in really good quality speakers in front and make a 2KHz crossover to get bass from rear and all other sound from front.?
you are right Tsk sir. only one amendment is required. the 2khz crossove is for the components in the front.

so it should read as follows

a) component woofer and tweeter with about 2KHz crossover in the front (in some cars or custom installs you can even fit a 3 way - woofer midrange and tweeter in the front) all things remaining equal, the bigger the woofer inthe front the better.

b) big subwoofer in the rear (crossover over to only operate below 200hz - preferably below 80hz)

c) rear fils (it can help in some cases)

and amplifiers to drive all of the above.

However on a tight budget b) and c) can be merged into a pair of 6x9 oval speakers for the rear and the amp can be omitted.
Old 21st December 2006, 20:31   #4871
BHPian

jbl store on rediff

Hi guys..
There was some discussion regardin the Online JBl store on rediff and the products being genuine...Well i had booked jbl speakers through Rediff on 18th...And it was delivered to my place today....21st that is..Pretty fast aint it.??.......The product came in a bubble wrap to pevent any damage...included a WARRANTY card, manual.etc...Found the service extremely good...
Thank Sam for reassurin me about the product,warranty,etc....The ones who are unable to source jbl products can use this...
rgrds,
angelfire
p.s-mods feel free to move this post if its posted in a wrong thread.
Old 21st December 2006, 20:36   #4872
Senior - BHPian

Delivery in 3 days is pretty fast!
Old 21st December 2006, 20:42   #4873
JPL
BHPian

Please Advise!!

Hi Again,

I have shot listed on this config:

1. Blaupunkt Velocity 6.5 componenets in the front and rear.
2. JBL 12" sub 300 w rms
3. JBL 301.1
4. JBL CS 60.4
5. Cables Chinese RCA
6. Power 8 gauge chinese

Total cost for the above 40k

I have incresed ny budget for the speaker o 40k now, please help with the new configuration.

And also i caould not find hertz dsk 165 for 5k, anwar from auto fusion told me that hertz starts from 16k onwards and also the cables audioson or scosech starts from 8k

Please any one from bangalore give me more information on the cables and where to purchase them from

Please comment on the Blaupunkt Velocity speakers also..

Thanks
JPL
Old 21st December 2006, 21:20   #4874
Team-BHP Support

JPL chinese RCA and power cables are not advisable especially since your config has 2 amps.
Your config sounds good.
Where are you getting these installed. If it's anwar at auto fusion Let him provide the cabling. he usually provides a good brand generally monster or pyle. both are reputed brands. They will not be as expensive as the audison or JBL wiring kit as he has the wiring in bulk.
Old 21st December 2006, 22:22   #4875
Senior - BHPian

JPL,
1. Velocity comps are all right, but you don't need comps in the rear -- waste of money. Use co-axials in the rear.

2, 3 & 4. Perfect.

5 & 6. Don't go for this stuff. You'll regret it later (all kinds of noise & whine will seep into the music), and you'll have to rip out this stuff and install new wiring then. Not worth the hassle. If this was a car you would be selling in 6 months or so, then ok. But this is a new Santro you're gonna keep for quite a while, right?
As vid6639 said, go for Monster or Pyle, if you don't want to spend too much on the cabling.

No way does Hertz start at 16K. Even the Hertz Hi-Energy series starts at around 14K. The DSK series starts at something like 4K, and the ESK series starts at around 5K. I'm surprised to hear that Anwar is saying such things.

DSK165 - 6.5" 2-way comps will not cost more than 5.5K to 6K.
ESK165 - 6.5" 2-way comps are 9100/-
HSK165 - 6.5" 2-way comps are 15100/-

Audison 8G power wiring kit (FPK300) is 3500/-
Audison RCA cable set (2ch, 6 meters) is 1000/-

(I'm dead positive about the ESK & HSK prices above. And the Audison prices. The DSK price is about correct, but don't know the exact price).

Last edited by hydrashok : 21st December 2006 at 22:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks