Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2007, 18:27   #5161
BHPian

This is very good news for all those who r looking for 1.8" HDD including navin.Just read it on techtree and some of the features are...

The capabilities and technologies of the Lyrion hard drive include: free fall protection, wherein the drive is compatible with free fall sensors on portable and handheld devices; best-in-class power management, wherein the drive adjusts its power usage and performance on a continuous basis, shifting into low-power mode when the device is playing music from each memory; run-on technology, wherein the drive senses and calculates motion and vibration, automatically adjusting its performance to deliver skip-free music and video; and best extreme temperature conditions, wherein the drive adapts to environmental extremes, capable of operation from 0 to 60 degrees Celsius.

for more go to...

Techtree.com India > News > Hardware > Seagate Starts Shipping Lyrion HDD
Old 19th January 2007, 18:56   #5162
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys, I need your inputs on a new problem.

I purchased a Motorola IHF-1000 Bluetooth car kit. Among a host of other features the reason I bought it was because it can auto mute my audio when a call comes in and also it can ruote the call to my audio system speakers.

Now the problem bit. I tried connecting audio from the car kit to one of the speakers in my car through my 6850 Pioneer system. What happens now is that when it mutes the audio from the system it also mutes the speaker and no sound comes out.

The car kit has its own speaker but I dont want to use that because I need to mount it on the dashboard and I dont want to do that. The other option is to mount it beneath the dashboard, but when I do that the sound level of the car kit speaker is not loud enough especially with the windows rolled down.

Is there any other way in which I can connect this car kit to my the speakers already in my car.

Another question I have is can I connect one speaker to two different sources? Meaning can I run a cable from the car kit to the right front door speaker and at the same time have my audio system wiring also connected to that speaker? By doing this what I hope to achieve is that when the audio system mutes then the source to the front speaker comes from the car kit. Will this work?

Looking forward to solutions if any.

Last edited by vikram_d : 19th January 2007 at 18:59.
Old 19th January 2007, 19:16   #5163
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry I have no first hand knowledge with bluetooth kits but here's what i know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
when it mutes the audio from the system it also mutes the speaker and no sound comes out.
I think this is normal. When the phone kit applies a voltage to the tel mute wire, it mutes the system, so you can take your call.

However I understand that you need the telephone audio to be amplified through the car system. How do you plan to do this? Through the aux in?
If you are running your phone in the aux and your CD, then when your phone is on (aux) the cd is off anyways!!! So what sound do you want to mute?
The player cannot playback the sound of the CD and the aux together anyways!
Quote:
The car kit has its own speaker but I dont want to use that because I need to mount it on the dashboard and I dont want to do that. The other option is to mount it beneath the dashboard, but when I do that the sound level of the car kit speaker is not loud enough especially with the windows rolled down.

Is there any other way in which I can connect this car kit to my the speakers already in my car.
What i can suggest is that you DON'T use the tel mute feature. Connect your handsfree kit speaker, below the dash as you planned. When you hear it ringing, switch to Aux on your HU. The CD is muted and the telephone sound comes through the aux. Simple.

In all of this, I am assuming that the cellphone does connect through the aux in of your HU. If that assumption is wrong, this solution can be diregarded.
Quote:
Another question I have is can I connect one speaker to two different sources?
Not simutaneously, no. It can be done with a switching circuit. Not for the faint of heart though.
Old 19th January 2007, 19:26   #5164
Senior - BHPian

I can connect the handsfree kit to the Aux in my system but that entails first switching the system to Aux and then answering the phone.

Well I guess my only option is to use the handsfree speaker itself but find a good place to hide it below the dashboard where the audio can also be of decent quality.
Old 20th January 2007, 02:12   #5165
Senior - BHPian

Vikram,

I have not experienced this particular kit but here is how these work:

Scenario 1 > Kit is completely standalone. Has its own speaker. Has Tel mute out which when connected to the Tel Mute input on your HU will mute your stereo. The call audio will be emitted from the kit's speaker. Example of such kit: Yours.

Scenario 2 > As above. Except the kit comes with a 4ch input with power handling mentioned clearly (example 45w x 4). Your HU's speaker output first goes to this box and then its routed through the kit to the stereo's speakers. When you get a call, the unit switches an internal relay that routes the call audio to your stereo's speakers. Example of such kit: Parrot

Scenario 3 > Like scenario 1, except the kit has a line level audio output (instead of speaker out) that you can plug into an enabled HU. I remember seeing a Pioneer 4/5 series HU in 2005 (i think) that had a h/p input at the rear for such an input from a handsfree kit. Even if your kit doesnt have line level audio in this case, you can always use a line output convertor (LOC) to convert it from speaker level to line level.

Hope this helps.
Old 20th January 2007, 14:56   #5166
Senior - BHPian

I think my kit has an line level output but am not sure of that. For the speaker connections the kit has two sets of wires. One set is for its own speaker and another set is for the input to the system. If I use input to the audio system then I dont have to connect the kit speaker.

So how do I find out if I have line level ouput or speaker level output?
Old 20th January 2007, 15:28   #5167
Senior - BHPian

Just got this piece fo info on the internet.

The IHF 1000 has both a high level speaker output to work with it's amplified speaker, as well as a low level out to work with audio systems.

So what do I need to do now?
Old 20th January 2007, 15:40   #5168
Distinguished - BHPian

Nothing. Take my advice, use both. Connect the kit using the high level out to the kit speaker. Mount it somewhere in the car. Like you said, under the dash is good, but you can't hear it too well.

At the same time, connect the low level out to the aux in of your 6850. remember not to use the cell-mute.

When you hear the under-dash-kit-speaker ring, answer. If you cannot hear too well switch over to aux on your 6850. Use both simultaneously! simple.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 20th January 2007 at 15:42.
Old 21st January 2007, 19:22   #5169
BHPian

hai everyone this is my first post in team-bhp

I recently purchased indica xeta gvs,i'm totally confused regarding the head unit,speakers(both front and rear),sub woofer's,amp's etc.

i wanna purchase a sound system to my car please help my budget is around 12,000 to 15,000 Rs, i stay in bangalore

some suggested the following configuration
1.Pioneer head unit 6850(?)
pioneer front spekers
JBL rear Speakers

some others suggested that in pioneers u wont get any support et all
so go to

2.blaupunkt head unit
JBL front and rear speakers(or) XPlod speakers
Old 21st January 2007, 19:24   #5170
BHPian

cant i get any sub woofer for my car for the above said price and yeah i read somewere that installing speakers to the DOORS make the glass vibrate very badly?
Old 21st January 2007, 21:33   #5171
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Sri,

Welcome to team-BHP. Since you are new here, I will guide you on 2 rules of posting.

1. There isn't a specific need to type in Italics. It's not against the rules, but we use Italics, Bold annd underline to highlight certain words/phrases, depending on the context of the post.
2. If you thought of something else to add, you have 15 minutes to edit your post and add what you like, no need to make another post.

Please do read the rules, it is important, thanks.

Now let's handle your query.

The pioneer 6850 is a good head unit and doesn't have any problems I know off. It's got good quality sound and sufficient pre-outs for the day you are ready for an amplifier. If you aren't going to use an amplifier, pioneer has cheaper options that may sound just as good. Go for it.

Of the 3 speakers you have mentioned (Sony Xplod, Pioneer and JBL), most people would think JBL would probably have the best sound. There are many other brands available too, listen to them if you can.

At 15000 it is difficult to also have a subwoofer and amplifier. You would probably have to take a lesser priced HU and a real cheap amplifier. Why don't you buy a decent HU and 4 speakers for now and see how you like it?

If you install a speaker in the original location provided by the company (in the door) it won't make the glass vibrate. Don't worry and enjoy.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 21st January 2007 at 21:35.
Old 21st January 2007, 23:08   #5172
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
At 15000 it is difficult to also have a subwoofer and amplifier. You would probably have to take a lesser priced HU and a real cheap amplifier. Why don't you buy a decent HU and 4 speakers for now and see how you like it?.

a) One of the many stickys offers advice on systems under 30K. It might help.

b) for 15k i'd invest half in a HU and the other half in 2 pairs of speakers. At 7K for 2 pairs (3-4K per pair) you have a few choices but I would not consider Pioneer or Sony Speakers amongst these.
Old 22nd January 2007, 16:39   #5173
BHPian

Infinity or Boston Accoustics?

Hi all,

My friend is upgrading his setup and he wants to know if the Boston better sounds than the Infinity.

How does these 2 speaker brands fair against each other in the speaker and component speakers.

And I would like to know the Infinity Perfect subwoofer compares with any other subs that is available here.

I dont like the loud boom, instead I like the tight and responsive Bass in sync with the music, hence going for a sealed enclosure instead of a ported one.(any pointers on this)

Current Current audio setup(Lancer):
  • Alpine CDA 9856
  • Infinity-speakers-ref9613i
  • Infinity-speakers-ref5010cs

Last edited by harmon_bro : 22nd January 2007 at 16:41.
Old 22nd January 2007, 16:56   #5174
Distinguished - BHPian

We have said it before and I'll say it again. No brand is better than another.

Boston is a dedicated speaker manufacturer and it is well respected. I suggest your friend try and listen to it. Some Boston speakers have a very typical, signature love it or hate it sound.

Obviously he can listen to the infinity reference in your car and make up his own mind. Reference is decent VFM. If his budget is higher, he can buy the kappa.

There aren't too many manufacturers that provide factory made sealed enclosures in India, I know JBL is one of them.
Alternatively you can buy a good subwoofer and make a nice sealed box, according to the supplied T-S parameters.

We are here if you need help on that.

The Infinity Kappa Perfect subwoofer is a high end subwoofer (with Variable Q) and does compare to some high end subwoofers available in India. The drawback is that it is not great VFM at all (Bang for the buck is limited) and is not easily available.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 22nd January 2007 at 16:57.
Old 22nd January 2007, 18:05   #5175
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Current Current audio setup(Lancer):
* Alpine CDA 9856
* Infinity-speakers-ref9613i
* Infinity-speakers-ref5010
I have the ref 5010 on my Palio driven by a pathetic head unit and it still sounds sweet. I wonder how they will sing with an amp. I haven't heard the Bostons but I admit that I have close liking for JBL and its range of products in affinity.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________
I needed sizes of the stock speaker pods on the front and rear of the Ford Ikon 1.3 Flair please. Does the Ikon come with tweeter pods?

Last edited by moralfibre : 22nd January 2007 at 18:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks