Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2006, 14:22   #3421
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott
hi sam,
even i registered today. i just brought a swift. i am planning to install a new pioneer head set< probably p80 rs.i have only checked the music system in the net. how is it?> and pls do recommend the rest of the system. i plan to go for 2 pairs of coponent speakers , amps,etc.(i already have got 2 pair of 1000 watts pioneer vccs amps, pioneer 6500 equallizer and 1 set of pioneer tss20 tweeters,5 branded rca cables).pls recommend the brand of rest of the models and how much will it cost me.
bye.
Hello webblescott,

Congrats on the swift. From the equipment you already have, i would recommend you use the amps and the RCA cables only.
I do not recomend you use the tweeters, or the equalizer.

You havent told me a budget, but more or less, this is what i would do in a swift.
Buy a set of components (6") for the front doors and a 6" co-axial for the rear.
You say you have 2 pairs of amps? 4 amps? I think maybe you have 2 4 chanel amplifiers.
Use one amplifier to drive the 4 speakers.
Use the other to drive a boxed sub or a tube sub, depending on your kind of music.
I repeat, dont use the TS20 tweeter or the equalizer. if you can, sell them to some who does not visit team-BHP
Old 16th May 2006, 14:30   #3422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84
jkdas,
the front speakers jar...not enough punch, in my opinion..
The rear speakers are fitted in boxes in the boot, whats a better option?
what does damping for the front doors entail? would anyone be able to do it? how much will it cost?
oho, dump it re Get a nice 4 inch speaker by a good company. Power it frm an amp. What say Sam?
Old 16th May 2006, 14:39   #3423
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
oho, dump it re Get a nice 4 inch speaker by a good company. Power it frm an amp. What say Sam?

edited by Navin

Last edited by navin : 16th May 2006 at 14:46.
Old 16th May 2006, 15:55   #3424
BHPian

thanks guys!
This has been very quick.I'm going to go for the compos in the front and regular speakers in the rear...I have one last question though(please dont kill me)..I drove my friends swift the other day, and realy liked the sound, coz of the rear speakers right behind me..in the rear door, can I do something like that on the Zen as well, or will it require too much cutting? Also where should i go to get the install done...I'm currently in South Bombay....
suhail
Old 16th May 2006, 16:00   #3425
Team-BHP Support

I have seen this done on an older Zen (circa 1995) and it reqire a bit of cutting a wiring as the wires had to be bought in near the door hinge. In this case it was done while the car was being repainted so the hole was made and painted over and a rubber grommet was insertd to protect the wire.

You can use 5" speakers in the rear doors and using spacers 6" speakers in your front doors.
Old 16th May 2006, 16:22   #3426
BHPian

did not want to start another thread so i am posting here...hope I am correct...
I have recently bought a getz and want to put in a decent music system(for my listening pleasure and not people outside the car). I have a budget of approx 50K for it. I am looking to put in front components, rear coxials, a amp and a spare wheel mounted sub(the way gunbir mounted it in one of the santro's i guess). Mostly the front and rear speakers i wld go for JBL, and the HU wld be Pioneer(can someone suggest me a good model). but I dont have much ideas about the amp and the sub. Also another question I have is since I am planing for a sub in the spare wheel area, which wld sound better...6X9 speakers in a mdf tray at the rear or should I put the rear speakers in the space provided in the rear doors? also what is the maximum size of speakers that i can fix in the front and rear doors in getz?

Last edited by malgudi : 16th May 2006 at 16:25.
Old 16th May 2006, 16:37   #3427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi
did not want to start another thread so i am posting here...hope I am correct...
I have recently bought a getz and want to put in a decent music system(for my listening pleasure and not people outside the car). I have a budget of approx 50K for it. I am looking to put in front components, rear coxials, a amp and a spare wheel mounted sub(the way gunbir mounted it in one of the santro's i guess). Mostly the front and rear speakers i wld go for JBL, and the HU wld be Pioneer(can someone suggest me a good model). but I dont have much ideas about the amp and the sub. Also another question I have is since I am planing for a sub in the spare wheel area, which wld sound better...6X9 speakers in a mdf tray at the rear or should I put the rear speakers in the space provided in the rear doors?
Congrates on buying a good car.Malgudi,u got good DAYS ahead.

For ICE in Getz,u can refer to a Getz install thread by Gunbir.U wont get more & better information than here.U can also look at my thread 'want to buy good car audio system' 4-5 pages back.

U must spend few days [if not few weeks] reading relevant thread so that u can get good information about ICE coz u got good budget and would not like to ruin it.

You can put in 6.5" in all doors.If u r going for a subw,then rear door spk would be better than rear 6x9".But if u like to have bit more bass,then subw with 6x9" would be fine for u.

Dont forget to damp ur car [getz dont need much damping material anyway].Any buy good branded wires like JBL,Audison,Kicker etc.
Old 16th May 2006, 16:48   #3428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I have seen this done on an older Zen (circa 1995) and it reqire a bit of cutting a wiring as the wires had to be bought in near the door hinge. In this case it was done while the car was being repainted so the hole was made and painted over and a rubber grommet was insertd to protect the wire.

You can use 5" speakers in the rear doors and using spacers 6" speakers in your front doors.
that sounds like big job, my dad wont let me do alll that. guess i'll stick with the boot then......waiting for advice on where to get it done though....
Old 16th May 2006, 16:51   #3429
BHPian

Quote:
. Also another question I have is since I am planing for a sub in the spare wheel area, which wld sound better...?

sub in the spare wheel area?? what happens to the spare wheel?
Old 16th May 2006, 16:51   #3430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
a getz
and want to put in a decent music system(for my listening pleasure and not people outside the car).
approx 50K for it.
I am looking to put in front components, rear coxials, a amp and a spare wheel mounted sub Mostly the front and rear speakers i wld go for JBL, and the HU wld be Pioneer(can someone suggest me a good model). but I dont have much ideas about the amp and the sub. Also another question I have is since I am planing for a sub in the spare wheel area, which wld sound better...6X9 speakers in a mdf tray at the rear or should I put the rear speakers in the space provided in the rear doors? also what is the maximum size of speakers that i can fix in the front and rear doors in getz?
1. HU Pio 6850 or up ; 10k?
2. 6/6.5 inch compo at frnt ; 6k
3. 6/6.5 inch co-ax at rear ; 5k
4. spare wheel well sub! ; depends on teh sub..look at Hertz one; 8k
5. 6x9 at rear will give you nice bass but a sub would be better. FOr you taste co-ax should be fine and it will save you teh price of mdf tray/space/stealth etc
6. RCA's x3 = 2250Rs Audison
7. 4 channel Amp 7 to 12k (+ mono amp for sub)
8. 1-2k for install

check similar setups at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...t-price-5.html

By the way. thers a 6.5inch compo?

Last edited by jkdas : 16th May 2006 at 17:04.
Old 16th May 2006, 16:57   #3431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84
sub in the spare wheel area?? what happens to the spare wheel?
wheel stays ther!...http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ub-santro.html

For the Getz setup: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...tall-help.html
Old 16th May 2006, 17:17   #3432
BHPian

Hi guys,
Thanks for the quick replies.
Rsjaurr,
I read the thread from gunbir but was confused as to I should put 6x9 or just go with the coax in rear door stock location.
Jkdas,
I wanted to find out if I put the 6X9 in the mdf tray(which wld be above the sub) would it not obstruct the sound from the sub?
also i am thinking of installing a single amp(so that I can buy a better quality one) or would 2 amps sound better?
This is currently what i have in mind. how wld this sound?
HU : Pioneer 7750
Front comps : JBL GTO606ce
Rear Coax : JBL GTO636e
Sub : JBL GTO series (The largest I can fit wihout having to remove the spare wheel)
Amp : Alpine 4 channel amp
Old 16th May 2006, 17:25   #3433
Senior - BHPian

Just forget abt MDF as it an extra cost and work. The biggest GTO box is the GTO1200B. A good Alpine amp should cost you 12-13k. Also look at teh JBL GT075.4 which would be 1-2k plus. Why not stay with teh box as they are tuned well and hence easy to install.
Oh teh SWWS fitting's neat and is in my cards for a future install

Last edited by jkdas : 16th May 2006 at 17:27.
Old 16th May 2006, 17:45   #3434
BHPian

My choice would be........

1.Alpine 9847 -- 11k
2.Front 6.5 compo - 8k
3.Rear 6.5Co-ax -6k
4.Alpine 240 amplifier 11k
5.ID subw with box 8k [???]
custom built
6.Sony 502 in bridged 3k
mode for subw
7.Wiring/install 6k

Total 53k

U can also have a look at JBL's SQ cousin i.e. Infinty.

And i would STRONGLY ADVISE u to not to look beyond alpine HU and amplifier.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 16th May 2006 at 17:48.
Old 16th May 2006, 19:34   #3435
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Just forget abt MDF as it an extra cost and work. The biggest GTO box is the GTO1200B.
The new one is also available called the GTO1204BR, Also a new sealed box (the first sealed box) from CS series, but with a GTO woofer inside, the CS1204B

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks