Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2007, 12:07   #6676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
A nice fongi would be having a component pair in each door and a subwoofer in the back for the bass driven by a 4ch. amd a monoblock amp respectively. However you would need to consider a budget of about 40K for all of this.

Components: 6K each (12K for 2 pairs)
Sub: 8K
Amps: 1 4ch. and 1 monoblock: 20K

In addition to this you would need about 10K for damping and wires.

If this is too much you should first start with the front speakers (if you sit in the front), add the 4ch. amp then the sub, and finally the monoblokc and second set of speakers - the present Sony speakers (without the TS20) can beused in the rear door till they are replaced.
Thanks Navinji

will appreciate if you can advice on gud VFM components and the mono amp too(which brands)
somewhere in this thread SAM mentioned If at all you are interested in JBL, you should know that starting today, the JBL CS components CS2165C are now lowered in price making the set 3990/- with B&W."

what about these? and now after this i need a mono amp (cost/brand etc)

also planning to meet LBM this weekend or next and i'm sure things will be sorted out for once and all.

thanks
Old 25th July 2007, 12:40   #6677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
also planning to meet LBM this weekend or next and i'm sure things will be sorted out for once and all.
Looks like LBM has opened a car audio seva sanstha in Delhi. LBM, I am also coming, please suggest some good components for my car, uh, when I buy one that is.

When you meet LBM, he may bait you with a plate of butter chicken on the rear seat of his Swift. Just a word of caution.
Old 25th July 2007, 12:53   #6678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Looks like LBM has opened a car audio seva sanstha in Delhi. LBM, I am also coming, please suggest some good components for my car, uh, when I buy one that is.

When you meet LBM, he may bait you with a plate of butter chicken on the rear seat of his Swift. Just a word of caution.
well dear B&T

i dont like butter chicken at all,and how do u know that LBM does that

did he do that with u?
Old 25th July 2007, 13:01   #6679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I might charge some commission on the install. So that I can arrange some money for my third STEG amp and a new front stage...

Thats why I am working hard. Any ya butter chicken is free but on the rear seat.
Old 25th July 2007, 13:37   #6680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh my!!! Poor Sunny's gonna regret having this plate of Butter Chicken for the rest of his life
Old 25th July 2007, 15:15   #6681
Senior - BHPian

@LBM i checked it the way you told me to. The front speakers definitelyhave to go. They start jarring very soon. the rear se4ems to be okay for now. Which front speaker do you suggest? The factory cut out is for a 4" speaker. What is the difference in sound if i use compos?
@ navin- Its is not possible to cut the door pad for a bigger speaker as its thwe top end model which comes witha one-piece fiber door panel.
also, the real blau's are on an mdf tray.
Old 25th July 2007, 17:11   #6682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
@LBM i checked it the way you told me to. The front speakers definitelyhave to go. They start jarring very soon. the rear se4ems to be okay for now. Which front speaker do you suggest? The factory cut out is for a 4" speaker. What is the difference in sound if i use compos?
@ navin- Its is not possible to cut the door pad for a bigger speaker as its thwe top end model which comes witha one-piece fiber door panel.
also, the real blau's are on an mdf tray.
You can go for any component kit which you like.

Listen to as much brands you like. But since you have a Blau 6x9 in the back then go for similar series and brand.
Old 26th July 2007, 00:51   #6683
Senior - BHPian

Thanks,
What's your opinion on jbl speakers for the front? or should i stick to blaupunkt/ also, whats the diference(in sound qualite) of co-axials and components??
Old 26th July 2007, 09:47   #6684
BHPian

Quote:
dont worry about the voltmeter but the battery test is a good one to do.
Couldnt do the battery test so far. Past few days I had to work late in office. But yesterday, while going back home, out of frustration (not only because the sub was not working!) i fired up the volume to 95% and voila! within less than a minute, the sub started working. Its been working since then.
This weekend I'm sure going to do the tests and check for tinsel wire if necessary.

G'day!

Last edited by Dhar's : 26th July 2007 at 09:49.
Old 26th July 2007, 11:22   #6685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Cheappo solution for the Civic.

Gurus, what is the cheapest way to make the stock Civic HU sound good? Will not go overboard! Thinking of 6.5 components in the front stock location and 6" co-axials in the rear stock location. Which type of amp should be used? I have a JBL BTX 250 Bass tube and want to use that as well. How do I go about it? Thanks all in advance.
Bump! Anyone? Please help.
Old 26th July 2007, 11:57   #6686
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Gurus, what is the cheapest way to make the stock Civic HU sound good? Will not go overboard! Thinking of 6.5 components in the front stock location and 6" co-axials in the rear stock location. Which type of amp should be used? I have a JBL BTX 250 Bass tube and want to use that as well. How do I go about it? Thanks all in advance.
the stock HU does not have any pre outs.

you would have to add speaker level to line level adapters to connect an amp.

if all you want is some more bass why not just add a sub and an amp and maybe upgrade the speakers like you said.

A good budget for this would be 30K

Monoblock amp for sub: 10K
Sub: 8K
Front and rear speakers: 10K
good line level to RCA wire for monoblock amp: 2k
Old 26th July 2007, 12:00   #6687
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhar's View Post
i fired up the volume to 95% and voila! within less than a minute, the sub started working. Its been working since then.
and you said there the sub moved quite smoothly when pushed by hand. there was no feeling of any obstruction.
Old 26th July 2007, 12:24   #6688
Senior - BHPian

Thanks navinji. But, I was thinking of a 4ch amp to feed the upgraded speakers and using the active bass tube I already have.
Then, would I need 2 line level to RCA wires? 1 for the 4ch amp and the other for the tube?
Budget for the 4ch amp is 20k. Say another 15k for the 2 pairs of speakers.
If the existing bass tube cannot be used, then I'll go for a monoblock and a sub. Can this be done? Thanks in advance.
Old 26th July 2007, 12:36   #6689
BHPian

Quote:
and you said there the sub moved quite smoothly when pushed by hand. there was no feeling of any obstruction.
Yes. there was no feeling obstruction.
Old 26th July 2007, 12:45   #6690
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Then, would I need 2 line level to RCA wires? 1 for the 4ch amp and the other for the tube?
Budget for the 4ch amp is 20k. Say another 15k for the 2 pairs of speakers.
If the existing bass tube cannot be used, then I'll go for a monoblock and a sub. Can this be done? Thanks in advance.
you would need 2 RCA wires as well as a sub level controller. Many amps esp monoblocks come with a small knob that you can install in your dash that lets you control the subwoofe level.

if your active sub has this facility then use it.

For 20K the base Audison (LRx4 or SRx4??) is an option. For 15K try Infinity reference, Illusion Carbon, Hertz Energy, and Alpine Type R. Polk db and Boston are also within your budget.

At this level I would add some damping as well.

Most Viewed