Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2007, 15:06   #6541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
guys who might be selling smuggled products have started demanding (should I say "extorting") full 12% VAT This is alway an extra amount over whatever price you have been told and finalized, and it is mentioned at the last moment before making the payment (or when you ask for clarification!).

(Clarification for B&T, nothing is being directed to you, so please don't get started!)
Santosh, please read the MRP label before buying anything and you wont face this dilemma. As for 'getting started', when the hell did I stop?
Old 13th July 2007, 15:22   #6542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
please read the MRP label before buying anything and you wont face this dilemma.
I was referring to things that don't have any concept of "MRP label" as such. If it does have then, well, I live in a place where MRP stands for "minimum" retail price!
Old 13th July 2007, 15:23   #6543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Hmm... and many don't know this but the baskets for Kickers subs and certain speakers are made in New Delhi, as are pole pieces for JL W7 etc. and the quality is top notch.
i didnt know that. but im happy indian mfrs are supplying to good companies. wish we had world class speakers designed and made in india.

cheers
clip
Old 13th July 2007, 15:28   #6544
Senior - BHPian

clip, regarding Indian speakers, me (and many others here, I guess) are counting on B&T and yourself!
Old 13th July 2007, 15:30   #6545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As for 'getting started', when the hell did I stop?
Sorry, misunderstanding on my part
Old 13th July 2007, 15:51   #6546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was referring to things that don't have any concept of "MRP label" as such. If it does have then, well, I live in a place where MRP stands for "minimum" retail price!
What are these strange things you buy that dont have MRP label?
It is illegal to sell anything without an MRP label (with the example of things like livestock and all such things), and it is compulsory to indicate whether indicated price includes taxes or not.
Old 13th July 2007, 15:59   #6547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What are these strange things you buy that dont have MRP label?
In tbhp-ICE language, it is called "without B&W". (though, I wasn't exactly referring to ICE products here)

Quote:
It is illegal to ...
Exactly, that's what it is!
Old 13th July 2007, 18:25   #6548
BHPian

hi guys,

im having problem with my ice. the system trips when i increase the volume. ive checked every wire terminals(not the hidden wires) they are fine. i checked the amp and its not going into protection. my amp is pio 944 and the red light is stable all the time. what would be the cause? gurus please help. also my rears are powered by the HU. when the system trips there is no sound from the amp powered speakers but the rears play allright. im very busy with work these days so couldnt check all the wires.

cheers
clip

Last edited by clipto333 : 13th July 2007 at 18:27.
Old 13th July 2007, 18:27   #6549
Senior - BHPian

it is the problem in the pioneer 944 amp. when played hard it trips. I would say get a new mono amp for the sub duty. also is your sub 4 ohms SVC.
Old 13th July 2007, 18:42   #6550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
clip, regarding Indian speakers, me (and many others here, I guess) are counting on B&T and yourself!
Oye clip, did you hear that? Suggest a good name for the company (How bout C&B&T audio?) and lets start, we are already having clients lined up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s
In tbhp-ICE language, it is called "without B&W". (though, I wasn't exactly referring to ICE products here)
No B&W, no VAT. Simple hisaab. I dont know how someone can charge you VAT and not give a tax invoice.
Old 13th July 2007, 18:49   #6551
BHPian

Quote:
counting on me?? lol you and all of us can count on b&t but why me?
anyway, i would love to do it. and maybe if i have the knowledge some day i woud do it. with the guidance of all the people here including you im on the right track.

BTW wanted to ask, what makes speakers sound bad or good? for e.g pio subs are known for producing one note bass, why cant they have better subs? dont they know how a sub should sound? comparing a 306 with a 12" jbl sub in the same price range jbl is far better and doesnt produce one note bass form what i have been told, why? does pio have bad designers/engineers? or they do it on purpose? why woud they do it? please shed some light on this gurujis

cheers
clip
Old 13th July 2007, 19:00   #6552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
BTW wanted to ask, what makes speakers sound bad or good? for e.g pio subs are known for producing one note bass, why cant they have better subs? dont they know how a sub should sound? comparing a 306 with a 12" jbl sub in the same price range jbl is far better and doesnt produce one note bass form what i have been told, why? does pio have bad designers/engineers? or they do it on purpose? why woud they do it? please shed some light on this gurujis
Have you listened to both the pioneer and the JBL sub. as in your post you sounded like that.
Old 13th July 2007, 19:04   #6553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
it is the problem in the pioneer 944 amp. when played hard it trips. I would say get a new mono amp for the sub duty. also is your sub 4 ohms SVC.

sirji, there was no such problem earlier and my amp has never skipped a beat since i bought and touchwood the fuse on the amp have newer blown. i dont agree my amp is tripping :-)

the system trips at 60-70 % of the volume. ill check it today or tomorrow. im gonna strip everything and check and reinstall if necessary

still keep it flowing guys.

B&T, c&b&t audio sound good. ok lets start then. lol you are the C&MD so you decide what should be done. i will follow your directions and advice sir.

regards
clip
COO, C&B&T Audio.
Old 13th July 2007, 19:11   #6554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oye clip, did you hear that?
Shhh... he is busy right now with work and sorting out amp tripping

Quote:
Suggest a good name for the company (How bout C&B&T audio?)
It can be changed slightly to make it C/B/T, it will look like inspired by a/d/s! Oh, but then you guys may not want that, because that is going to defeat the purpose of creating own identity

Quote:
No B&W, no VAT. Simple hisaab. I dont know how someone can charge you VAT and not give a tax invoice.
We are stretching it too far, but whether he gives me an invoice or not, it makes me laugh when I have to believe that he is going to pay that 12% chunk to govt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
counting on me?? lol you and all of us can count on b&t but why me?
Who else can provide enclosures?... I forgot to add Vivek as well
Old 13th July 2007, 21:24   #6555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Have you listened to both the pioneer and the JBL sub. as in your post you sounded like that.
i havent heard the jbl sub. if ever i compare them, it would be in one car with all other equipment constant and with enclosures built to manufacturers specifications. i had clearly written 'from what i have been told' why are you confused? :-)

Quote:
Shhh... he is busy right now with work and sorting out amp tripping

It can be changed slightly to make it C/B/T, it will look like inspired by a/d/s! Oh, but then you guys may not want that, because that is going to defeat the purpose of creating own identity

Who else can provide enclosures?... I forgot to add Vivek as well
not really. im gonna check all the wiring and fuses if there is anything loose. when i increased the volume(i was going somewhere 20 min back) the system tripped, the HU switched off for a second and the clock was reset. i think i know why this is happening. last week i was adjusting my cig lighter and the screw driver shorted the +and-. everything went dead(HU,clock,lighter) i checked every fuse but everything was ok. then after a while everything came back to life. that is when this thing started i guess.
now i cant figure out whats wrong. the fuse were ok. there is some kind of a diode in the fuse box in the engine bay. maybe it is related to all these things. i dont have the owners manual so ill see if i can find it on the net.

any solutions??

cheers
clip

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks