Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2009, 12:32   #9736
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
I have a vista aura with company fitted music system.
I have gone through few threads on vista speaker replacements.
The front as well as the back speakers are on the doors and that creates vibrations on the doors.
My budget for the replacement is 8-10k.
Par tof teh problem with vibrations is poor installation. Make sure you have a good installer. For your budget consider JBL's GT5 series and Blaupunkt's Thx series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
I have JL Audio components infront and back with tweeters from JL too, I have a W7 in a box in the boot as per the Woofer manual, system rocks and the sound is amazing.

Now I have decided after 2 years to put a DVD screen in my Honda Civic, I have already ordered real black carbon center panel for double din.Kenwood DDX 8039.....
The Kenwood 8039 is a nice screen. WHich HU are you getting?
Old 17th November 2009, 12:48   #9737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Par tof teh problem with vibrations is poor installation. Make sure you have a good installer. For your budget consider JBL's GT5 series and Blaupunkt's Thx series.

The Kenwood 8039 is a nice screen. WHich HU are you getting?
I believe it is headunit with screen??
Old 17th November 2009, 13:45   #9738
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Lambo,

if yo like bassy music a subwoofer should be on your short list.

You can however connect a pair of 6x9s in the rear and 5" Coax in the front to the existing CD player. However to get the most of out a stereo system the entire system but be considered as one.

If you do not have room for a subwoofer an amp used with a pair of 6x9s and 6" components (if they fit) in the front will help quite a bit. Amplifiers do not need as much space as subwoofers and many of them can be fit under the passenger seat (just make sure the wiring is out of harm way).
Navin,
thanks for your reply.
I have just a few more questions and comments:
- I am getting this install done by my own, with my own saved up money. ai do not wish to ask my father to fund this. This means that the Sub and Amp will come at a later stage.
First stage is speakers, then HU, then amp, and finally sub.

- Here is what I am planning, depending on budget:
a) 5*7 co-ax in front, with 6*9 in the back
b) 5.25" comps in front with 6*9 in the back
Will both of these combo's give me what I am looking for?
The HU will be upgraded after the speakers, that too only if I am not happy with the sound quality. I love the simple and stock look of the current HU.

- How are MB Quart speakers for what I am looking for? (reliability, crisp bass, good quality)
Are they better than Pioneer and all?
I have heard of them, but never heard them so I have no idea.
I am getting the front and rear co-axials for 5K total in the States through Amazon.
Old 17th November 2009, 15:07   #9739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
I have a query for i10 Sportz music system/speakers, I'm not happy with the sound quality, seems borish. I've been told that the HU can't be replaced since its integrated in the Dash.

My question to the experts & existing i10 owners,
how to improve the sound quality?
who is to blame for the boring sound, stereo or speakers ? It can be both, I know but if we want to split and replace speakers, will it give better response? if not....

Has anyone with i10 sportz replaced their stock HU with aftermarket stuff? if yes, pls post the pics, setup details and costs.

Thanks in advance
No inputs ?

All Guru's , experts, fellow i10 owners... kuch to batao.
Old 17th November 2009, 15:46   #9740
BHPian

Quote:
Navin, thanks for your reply
I have heard the JBL 947 6 * 9 for the rear and it sounded good.
I wanted to ask whether i can put components in the front to compensate for the absence of the sub. If yes which ones would you suggest.
also do i need to go in for an ampli if yes then please suggest .
the HU is a clarion one with 4 existing preouts. I am attaching the picture courtesy fellow bhpian sushtantr
cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-p1170062.jpg  

Last edited by schitre05 : 17th November 2009 at 15:51.
Old 18th November 2009, 17:34   #9741
BHPian

Guys,

What is the cheapest & best HU i can get with Time alignment, USB & 3 PREOUTS features which should be available in india? ..Gonna pick the HU on coming 21st, so plz advise me sooner amigos..

Regards,
Ram.
Old 18th November 2009, 18:09   #9742
Senior - BHPian

Whats your budget? As the TA enabled decks tend to be pretty pricey when bought here in India. The Pioneer and the Eclipse that are available should be above 20K for sure. Try to pick up a Kenwood X693 if possible which may be cheaper. If TA is not required your options increase and your price drops too.
Old 18th November 2009, 18:58   #9743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Whats your budget? As the TA enabled decks tend to be pretty pricey when bought here in India. The Pioneer and the Eclipse that are available should be above 20K for sure. Try to pick up a Kenwood X693 if possible which may be cheaper. If TA is not required your options increase and your price drops too.
My max budget for HU is 12 to 15k. Is that X693 available in india? Whats the approx. cost in grey as well as B/W.? I don't need bluetooth.
Old 18th November 2009, 22:08   #9744
BHPian

Global Easy Buy is an option. Am not sure though, if anyone has tried it at t-bhp forums.
Global Easy Buy
Old 19th November 2009, 11:45   #9745
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
Navin, thanks for your reply
I have heard the JBL 947 6 * 9 for the rear and it sounded good.
I wanted to ask whether i can put components in the front to compensate for the absence of the sub.
Components cannot compensate for a subwoofer. A pair f 6x9s might do that better. An amp will help deliver more power AND control to the speakers so the music will sound cleaner if the amp is a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzkid_ram View Post
What is the cheapest & best HU i can get with Time alignment,
The Clarion 785 to my knowledge.
Old 19th November 2009, 12:40   #9746
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
What is the cheapest & best HU i can get with Time alignment, USB & 3 PREOUTS features which should be available in india?
The Clarion 785 to my knowledge.
Folks wanting to buy 785 better hurry up and look for options on ebay- since most online stores have completely run out of stock by now. Guys, remember that it is a discontinued product (since 2008) and you are going to lay your hands on one of the few pieces remaining in supply.
Old 19th November 2009, 12:45   #9747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
Folks wanting to buy 785 better hurry up and look for options on ebay- since most online stores have completely run out of stock by now. Guys, remember that it is a discontinued product (since 2008) and you are going to lay your hands on one of the few pieces remaining in supply.
Is it safe to buy refurbished/remanufactured HUs, as I see a lot of these still available.
Old 19th November 2009, 13:26   #9748
BHPian

No I'd stay away from refurbished/remanufactured units (until I'd get a chance to test them in the US). Just checked, Amazon has some units available for eg. look at this Amazon.com: Clarion DXZ785USB CD/MP3/WMA/ACC Receiver with CeNET Control, Time Alignment, 3-Way Crossover, Rear USB Port, Satellite Radio Ready: Electronics
Old 19th November 2009, 15:41   #9749
BHPian

Guys whether can i get this shipped to india from the links u have given for both Clarion 785 & Kenwood X693??...How should i buy these as am unaware of this online buying system yet :(
Old 19th November 2009, 16:03   #9750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys whether can i get this shipped to india from the links u have given for both Clarion 785 & Kenwood X693??...How should i buy these as am unaware of this online buying system yet :(
The Kenwood can be bought and shipped from Ebay using their Globalbuy service. I am not sure how well this new Globalbuy thing works. About the Clarion shipping to india should be difficult.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks