Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2009, 16:19   #9796
BHPian

gurus..in my car, the rear spkrs are connected directly to the HU while the front spkrs and sub are connected through the amp. If i adjust the LPF in my HU will it do any good by reducing/increasing the low signals to the front comp ? I think its a pretty obvious answer NO, if its NO why ?
Old 17th December 2009, 16:39   #9797
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Hey Mi10, back to my rescue,
But I do not want them on parcel tray. But need some bass. Budget now not helping to go for the Sub. But soon will have the amp and sub, so suggest likewise please!
Polk dual coil subw will best suit to your front polk compo. JBL also serve the purpose if u like to check option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
cutting metal to fit a 6" in the space for a 4" can get tricky.

1. there needs to enough room for the window to go up and down easily.
2. when something like this is done it make sense to add some damping to the door. you will be surprised at the efficacy of the damping in improving the quality of the bass/midbass.
3. a spacer is generally used and this needs to be installed well. a poor install will lead to rattles and buzzes.
Thanks. Actually not fed up with speaker but shrilling effect too much from this front 4"coaxial. Should changing 6.5"compo will sing smooth & sweet vocal? or any suggestion on this 4 incher. Pl advice.

Note that rear 6x9 GTx693 do awesome job on parcel tray, not feeling absent of sub woofer. Drive horse is Clarion576usb like "Kohinoor"

Edit:- Got advice to insert baffles or kick panels (pics attached) should kill sharpness of sound. is it so? I fainted!
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-baffles.jpg

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-kickpanels1.jpg

Last edited by Dhams : 17th December 2009 at 16:51.
Old 17th December 2009, 16:52   #9798
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Pionner 6050UB - 2DIN
6' Polk comps fromt door.
6' JBL co-ax at rear door.
Budget 20k.
Sounds good?
Quote:
Hey Mi10, back to my rescue,
But I do not want them on parcel tray. But need some bass. Budget now not helping to go for the Sub. But soon will have the amp and sub, so suggest likewise please!
If you are going add a subwoofer and amp soon then 4 6" midbass will suffice. In general (there can be exceptions) a 6" in a door will not have the bass response of a 6x9 in a rear deck and a 6x9 in a rear deck will not have the bass capabilities of a 12" subwoofer in a corretly designed box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
if i adjust the LPF in my HU will it do any good by reducing/increasing the low signals to the front comp ? I think its a pretty obvious answer NO, if its NO why ?
LPF output is used for subwoofers. HPF output if used for front/rear speakers. Your query leaves me a bit confused. What do you intend to do?
Old 17th December 2009, 16:59   #9799
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhams View Post
but shrilling effect too much from this front 4"coaxial. Should changing 6.5"compo will sing smooth & sweet vocal?

Edit:- Got advice to insert baffles or kick panels (pics attached) should kill sharpness of sound. is it so? I fainted!
Attachment 247149
Attachment 247150
The picture of the wooden ring and not a kick panel. The kick panel in the car is the part of the car near the left foot (passneger side) or right foot (driver side).

The wooden ring serves 2 purposes. a. if increases the effective volume of the 'box' behind the woofer (to some extent it also stiffens the 'baffle' of the woofer) thereby allowing the woofer to perfrom better and b. ensures that the woofer's magnet will not interfere with the window wiinder/glass.
Old 17th December 2009, 17:04   #9800
BANNED

Quote:
The picture of the wooden ring and not a kick panel. The kick panel in the car is the part of the car near the left foot (passneger side) or right foot (driver side).
Have u seen 2nd photo? its kick panel.
Quote:
The wooden ring serves 2 purposes. a. if increases the effective volume of the 'box' behind the woofer (to some extent it also stiffens the 'baffle' of the woofer) thereby allowing the woofer to perfrom better and b. ensures that the woofer's magnet will not interfere with the window wiinder/glass.
Great technical updates. Thanks. So I assume inserting baffles will sure shoot the problem i.e. reduce sharpness & improve sweetness in front stage.
Old 17th December 2009, 17:08   #9801
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Have u seen 2nd photo? its kick panel.

Great technical updates. Thanks. So I assume inserting baffles will sure shoot the problem i.e. reduce sharpness & improve sweetness in front stage.
Yes the second photo is a kick panel. These are made for specific cars (usually big american cars or trucks like the F150) which do not have door locations for the front speakers.

The bafffle will not directly affect the sharpness (treble) of a speaker but it can change the overall tonal balance. However a shrill speaker will not magically transfrom itself and become listenable so smart speaker choice is still essential.
Old 17th December 2009, 17:14   #9802
BANNED

Quote:
so smart speaker choice is still essential.
noted. I think there are options like...
1. 4" coaxial, any other brand who dominated for warm sound OR
2. 6" coaxial in door, brand? OR
3. 6.5" compo in door with adding 2Ch ampl. OR
4. any other option?!
Old 17th December 2009, 17:36   #9803
BHPian

Quote:

LPF output is used for subwoofers. HPF output if used for front/rear speakers. Your query leaves me a bit confused. What do you intend to do?
I want to prevent Low signals from going into the front and rear sprks, I want all it to go the sub, so that the spkrs dont start to distort at very high volumes. I dont know if I still didnt make sense here. FYI My HU has only LPF

Last edited by s3va : 17th December 2009 at 17:37.
Old 18th December 2009, 01:18   #9804
Senior - BHPian

Hi Friends,

When I was looking for my speakers. I came across 2 way speakers ,3 way speakers and the 4 way speakers and also four way speakers.. What does the way means here for the speakers? Any one has some idea.
Old 18th December 2009, 10:07   #9805
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
noted. I think there are options like...
1. 4" coaxial, any other brand who dominated for warm sound OR
2. 6" coaxial in door, brand? OR
3. 6.5" compo in door with adding 2Ch ampl. OR
4. any other option?!
Obviously the 6" component will offer you the best overall response. As far as brand and model are concerned nothing, and I repeat nothing, can replace listening to the various brands yourself.

Sadly that is the truth. Good brands to consider are Infinity, Alpine, Blaupunkt, JBL, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
I want to prevent Low signals from going into the front and rear sprks, I want all it to go the sub, so that the spkrs dont start to distort at very high volumes. I dont know if I still didnt make sense here. FYI My HU has only LPF
A LPF is a LOW PASS FILTER meaning that it will let low signals through and STOP high frequency signals. If you want to prevent low signals you need a HIGH pass filter.
Old 18th December 2009, 10:12   #9806
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
When I was looking for my speakers. I came across 2 way speakers ,3 way speakers and the 4 way speakers and also four way speakers.. What does the way means here for the speakers? Any one has some idea.
4 way = four way.

1 way is a full range with no crossover
2 way = woofer + tweeter
3 way = woofer + midrange + tweeter but in car audio it is often a woofer + tweeter + super tweeter
4 way = woofer + midrange + tweeter + super tweeter etc... or even subwoofer + woofer + midrnage + tweeter.

In short 2 ways means the frequency spectrum is divided into 2 parts (not nesscarily equal), 3 ways = 3 parts, etc....

There are also 2.5 ways, 3.5 ways etc.. but that is a whole other story.

BTW subwoofer is frequencies under 100Hz, woofer is frequencies under 2khz, Midrange is frequencies from 200-5khz, tweeter is frequencies above 2kHz, and super tweeter is freq above 6kHz
Old 20th December 2009, 15:07   #9807
BHPian

i have a 5.25" pioneer speakers in front and was thinking of replacing them with 6" kenwood co axials.
have JBL 938 6x9 at rear and all this is run by pio 6050.
i wanted more clarity at front so is my speaker changing to co axials in front sufficient!!
Old 20th December 2009, 16:48   #9808
Senior - BHPian

Hi Bhpian,

Good idea of Ken wood speakers in front. I have 130 W in front and back. But now I see 6" in the ken wood outlets with 150W. The model I have, is not available in the market. It is available with Maruti dealers.It is KFC 1656-NM4. For me the sound quality is wonderful with Kenwood 543 HU with USB.

Last edited by navan49 : 20th December 2009 at 16:49.
Old 20th December 2009, 19:41   #9809

Hi...i need advice...I got a Swift Vdi...and i just need a head unit with Usb and 4 spk output.. i have no intentions for going in for something fancy.. my budget is 7000 max..what do u Gurus recommend??? i have pioneer speakers i brought from Dubai!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.
Old 20th December 2009, 19:57   #9810
Senior - BHPian

If you have the speakers then you can go for Head unit only. If you can extend your budget to 8000 then you can blindly go for Ken wood 543 wit USB and 18 FM set up and very good out put. Mine the speakers are also Ken wood 6" all in front back doors. Very good performance. Ken wood genuine you can get from Maruti dealers as MGA accessory with Maruti mark on HU.

Last edited by navan49 : 20th December 2009 at 19:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks