Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2012, 22:30   #11296
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSoul View Post
Apologies if I've spoiled the party!
I just wanted to make you congizant of the US pricing so that you are more careful while dealing with the guy.
$399 is MRP and most of the sellers including Amazon are selling it almost at MRP but that could be due to the award it has won at EISA list.
I too wish somehow your seller is not aware of this or somehow he's managed legitimate speakers at this attractive pricing..

BTW - What was the final quote given for Ultimate 6x9 3-way co-axials (T2-6931) by your dealer?
Me too, my friend. But now I am starting to doubt it. :(

He quoted me 6350/- for the Ultimates. The box looked legit on close inspection. Are those okay? (geez now I am starting to doubt all the stuff at my local guy's store!)
Old 4th January 2012, 22:41   #11297
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Me too, my friend. But now I am starting to doubt it. :(

He quoted me 6350/- for the Ultimates. The box looked legit on close inspection. Are those okay? (geez now I am starting to doubt all the stuff at my local guy's store!)
Don't worry much! Ultimates's pricing looks ok to me.
Least price in US is $ 89 on Amazon and Ebay India is
Rs. 7871 but Import from USA

Here's small checklist that you may use -

1. Ask your dealer if he is going to give you proper bill by mentioning make, model, serial no and warranty with dealer stamp.
2. As mentioned above, do proper inspection of speakers and packaging. Hear them well before/after installation.
3. Last but not least - Believe in your luck.. After all that's most important !!!
DigitalSoul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 00:02   #11298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
My guy got in touch with the Focal guy yesterday (finally!). The Focal PS 165 is available at 10,000/-, and would make a great choice for front components. Is the price okay? I intend to go ahead with it.
Quote:
The minimum price for this EISA award winner comp is $399 in US.
I would really be surprised if you can grab them here at 10k?
Would you mind sharing your Focal Man's contact details with us?
Thanks in advance !

I agree - 10K is way too less for Focal PS165. It retails at 30,000/- in india will bill and warranty. 10K no way. It costs 350 USD which by the wildest imagination is no less than 20,000 INR. Do double check with the shopkeeper and is it with "company" bill and warranty (Warranty Card) or just the dealer's warranty ?
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 17:14   #11299
BHPian

Need recommendations for front components around 6-7 k. Upgrading from Illusion EL62 coax.
Old 5th January 2012, 17:34   #11300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
Need recommendations for front components around 6-7 k. Upgrading from Illusion EL62 coax.
I am also trying to find comps for my ICE upgrade.
Couple from JBL can come in this range-
Latest JBL GTO-609C or tried and tested INFINITY REF6530CS.
Are you planning to use them with any specific Amp?
Needless to say - hear them well before you buy.
I am also watching this space for more options
Old 5th January 2012, 17:40   #11301
BHPian

@DigitalSoul

I did not like JBL's sound signature, find them very bright.

Does GZ still make components ? And are they available?
Old 5th January 2012, 23:09   #11302
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus

Hi Gurus,

I have just bought my first "new" car, an i10 magna. Earlier car was a second hand alto which came with ICE.

So this is my maiden ice-ing attempt.

Here is what I have in inventory:
  1. HU Pioneer DEH-1390MP (free with new car)
  2. Sony xplod XS-GTF16272 (2 sets, free with new car)
  3. Alpine 2 Ch amplifier (came with old car, now 5-7 years old)
  4. 2 Pioneer Speakers and a unknown brand sub-woofer (came with old car, now 5-7 years old)

The pioneer speakers and sub-woofer are fitted into a very heavy box which occupies most of the boot(wifey hates loosing that space )

The Pioneer HU and Xplod speakers are sealed, and might be able to trade them if needed.

I would like to know from the gurus, if the equipment I have is all compatible with each other.

Any suggestions on improving the experience without blowing a whole lot of money.

Thanks,
Jitendra

Last edited by jits_1998 : 5th January 2012 at 23:18. Reason: Added more details
Old 6th January 2012, 09:16   #11303
Senior - BHPian

what are the pioneer speakers along with the sub?
if they're not ovals, put the sub into a smaller box and them into the rear door (if they are 6.5"), else if ovals, make a wooden parcel tray and put them there

this should set you back about 1k for the new sub box + another 1k for the wooden tray if required + some labour

else if you're interested in spending a little more, get some comps for the front, and put either the pioneers if they fit into the rear door or the sony ones
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 09:52   #11304
BHPian

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The pioneers are ovals(they are oval shaped). Will the wooden parcel tray give the same experience? My inexperienced ears liked the sound in old car. Also, will it add the need for damping?

I can spend around 6-7k in total. Please advice the best way to spend it, including wiring(?), damping (if needed) and labor

Thanks.
Jitendra

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
what are the pioneer speakers along with the sub?
if they're not ovals, put the sub into a smaller box and them into the rear door (if they are 6.5"), else if ovals, make a wooden parcel tray and put them there

this should set you back about 1k for the new sub box + another 1k for the wooden tray if required + some labour

else if you're interested in spending a little more, get some comps for the front, and put either the pioneers if they fit into the rear door or the sony ones
Old 6th January 2012, 11:24   #11305
BHPian

Just checked in daylight, the sub-woofer is kenwood, hope that helps in advising me.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jits_1998 View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The pioneers are ovals(they are oval shaped). Will the wooden parcel tray give the same experience? My inexperienced ears liked the sound in old car. Also, will it add the need for damping?

I can spend around 6-7k in total. Please advice the best way to spend it, including wiring(?), damping (if needed) and labor

Thanks.
Jitendra
Old 6th January 2012, 17:41   #11306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just checked in daylight, the sub-woofer is kenwood, hope that helps in advising me.

Thanks.
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks.
Jitendra

By placing the speakers on the wodden pads, you are adding to the acoustic effect as the speakers are closer to the ears.

Schosche Damping + Wiring should come to 7K. installation is free from the dealer if you buy this stuff.
Old 6th January 2012, 23:09   #11307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The pioneers are ovals(they are oval shaped). Will the wooden parcel tray give the same experience?
you have a sub. anything else is just a bonus
just a new box + tray will cost about 2k. If you can trade in your new sony coaxes for a pair of entry level 6.5" comps, you should be able to manage within that much. dont bother about damping right now in that budget. The i10 is reasonably well built not to rattle
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 23:11   #11308
BHPian

Quote:
@DigitalSoul

I did not like JBL's sound signature, find them very bright.

Does GZ still make components ? And are they available?
Go for Morel Maximo - You would love them.

Product Website
Old 6th January 2012, 23:13   #11309
BHPian

Any idea how the 6.5" comps are priced ?

Quote:
Go for Morel Maximo - You would love them.

Product Website
Old 6th January 2012, 23:19   #11310
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea how the 6.5" comps are priced ?
You should get them for 6 - 6.5k depending on your location and source
The only drawback is they dont have twitter controlling over crossover.. but apart from that they have an astoundingly brilliant sound and are indeed an absolute steal for the money

Last edited by DigitalSoul : 6th January 2012 at 23:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks