Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2011, 10:57   #11251
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

One of my friend is having Honda (ANHC-2010) would like to upgrade his ICE and is having following queries:

1. What does ANHC have? is it DIN 1 or DIN 2? What he has to look for when he buy a system for his car.

2. He is having Steering mounted controls in ANHC-2010. He do not want to loose them - so what he has to do to ensure those controls remain working with new system. What he need to do to ensure these things are not lost ?

Thanks in Advance.
Old 22nd December 2011, 12:48   #11252
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Just got my PDI done yesterday on my new Swift VDi. Among the accessories they had for ICE was component speakers of JBL CS-6C for Rs.5990.
Is this a good buy at the price & how is the performance of these speakers?
Old 22nd December 2011, 17:28   #11253
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroamit View Post
1. What does ANHC have? is it DIN 1 or DIN 2? What he has to look for when he buy a system for his car.

2. He is having Steering mounted controls in ANHC-2010.
Does his car have an audio system or just the dash kit that allows a 1 DIN HU to be installed?

Some manufacturers (for example Alpine) offer a cable that allows the Honda's steering controls to control their HU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
ICE was component speakers of JBL CS-6C for Rs.5990.
The Prices looks a little high for a CS series Coax.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 18:12   #11254
BHPian

Quote:
Just got my PDI done yesterday on my new Swift VDi. Among the accessories they had for ICE was component speakers of JBL CS-6C for Rs.5990.
No,The price is very high. Even if they are selling it at MRP ; GT6-S266C should cost you 5,990 and GTO-609C for 6,990/-

You should get them around 5k & 6k max respectively in any other ICE shop with bill & warranty.
Your swift comes without any stereo as well Right ?
No warranty issues if you get them fitted outside,just ask them to use a coupler to connect the stereo.
k2max6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 18:19   #11255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroamit View Post
One of my friend is having Honda (ANHC-2010) would like to upgrade his ICE and is having following queries:

2. He is having Steering mounted controls in ANHC-2010. He do not want to loose them - so what he has to do to ensure those controls remain working with new system. What he need to do to ensure these things are not lost ?

Thanks in Advance.
ANHC comes with Factory fit Music system which is integrated like Swift / dzire. It is technically possible to upgrade the same, but its not recommended. For a better quality music, upgrade the speakers and cables, add amps and a Sub. Believe me this is much more easier and simpler than the HU Upgrade. Secondly, finding a technician to do it will be impossible and even if you do fine one, keep your fingers crossed on what fit and finish he would offer.

Quote:
The JBL compos should cost you 4,500/- with B&W. There are so many threads and guidelines on the Forum which indicate NOT to buy ICE components from the Dealer. The Aftermarket will offer you a plethora of options at a cheaper price. Just walk into any accessory store near your place and you will be amazed by the price, options and variety.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 22nd December 2011 at 18:21.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2011, 21:05   #11256
BHPian

ioneer 1490/JVC 426/jvc 525/sony GT44;which HU and speakers

We have bought Alto VXI today and I went to check out the ICE in local market and got following quotes(much lower than what the maruti dealer quoted!):

Pioneer 1490 Rs 3600 (?)
Pioneer 4290 Rs 4000
JVC 426 Rs 4000
JVC 525 Rs 4900
Sony GT44 Rs 4200

My need is mainly USB input and good sound quality. Which is the best HU in terms of SQ and features. You can suggest any other brand with price up to 5-5.5 k.

About speakers

Front 4" JBL Rs 1200 Pioneer Rs 800
Rear 6x9 JBL Rs 2800 Pioneer Rs 2200

in parcel tray

Please suggest the best option out of these two. What about JVC speakers or any other brand coaxials? Requirement is sound clarity with decent bass (mid range would do no big thumping sound, please)

Can parcel tray with speakers be removed when you need the extra boot space for storage needs?What about installation, what do I need to see to ensure no warranty lapses?

Please give informed opinion as we need to install ICE by Monday or Tuesday.
Old 24th December 2011, 12:42   #11257
BHPian

Please Suggest:

i have an OHC which is running head unit as Pioneer DEH-P6850MP with stock front speakers (which are busted and no longer function) and Pioneer 6x9 coaxial (Pioneer - TS-A6992S) at rear.

I have a budget of approx. 20K for ICE+Damping+Autocop. Autocop 2K will cost approx. 3000 which leaves me with 17K for ICE+Damping. I always drive the car myself and mostly listen to Rock, Bollywood, Punjabi Folk, and Jagjit Singh Gazals. I want the sound quality to be crisp and tight with deep bass (not the boom-boom effect). Please suggest a plan of action.

what front speakers I should go with?
should i consider an AMP and subwoofer?
should i consider changing my head unit OR should buy an AUX device (was available for this model, not sure if can get anymore)?
what all i should damp (thinking of using NoiseKill)?
Old 24th December 2011, 13:48   #11258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock75 View Post
We have bought Alto VXI today and I went to check out the ICE in local market and got following quotes(much lower than what the maruti dealer quoted!):

Pioneer 1490 Rs 3600 (?)
Pioneer 4290 Rs 4000
JVC 426 Rs 4000
JVC 525 Rs 4900
Sony GT44 Rs 4200

My need is mainly USB input and good sound quality. Which is the best HU in terms of SQ and features. You can suggest any other brand with price up to 5-5.5 k.

About speakers

Front 4" JBL Rs 1200 Pioneer Rs 800
Rear 6x9 JBL Rs 2800 Pioneer Rs 2200

in parcel tray

Please suggest the best option out of these two. What about JVC speakers or any other brand coaxials? Requirement is sound clarity with decent bass (mid range would do no big thumping sound, please)

Can parcel tray with speakers be removed when you need the extra boot space for storage needs?What about installation, what do I need to see to ensure no warranty lapses?

Please give informed opinion as we need to install ICE by Monday or Tuesday.
Pioneer 4290 & 149UB seem fine for the HU. As far as speakers are concerned stick to jbl IMO.Listen to the speakers before finalising them.Get the ones to your taste.
When you get the HU installed just make sure he uses a coupler to connect the HU to the car's wiring.
Yes parcel tray can be removed as and when required.Ask him to connect the rear speakers using a coupler and attach it to tray.This would enable you to remove the plug and take out the tray.
Stay Away from Sony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
Please Suggest:
Answers In Bold
i have an OHC which is running head unit as Pioneer DEH-P6850MP with stock front speakers (which are busted and no longer function) and Pioneer 6x9 coaxial (Pioneer - TS-A6992S) at rear.

I have a budget of approx. 20K for ICE+Damping+Autocop. Autocop 2K will cost approx. 3000 which leaves me with 17K for ICE+Damping. I always drive the car myself and mostly listen to Rock, Bollywood, Punjabi Folk, and Jagjit Singh Gazals. I want the sound quality to be crisp and tight with deep bass (not the boom-boom effect). Please suggest a plan of action.

what front speakers I should go with?
Get a decent set of component speakers from JBL,Kicker,Polk Audio etc. for the front - Around 6k
should i consider an AMP and subwoofer?
Get a 4 Channel Amp for 6k (eg. JBL GT5-S644) & a Sub - Around 4k
The amp can power the fronts & the sub or fronts & rear if you dont buy a sub

should i consider changing my head unit OR should buy an AUX device (was available for this model, not sure if can get anymore)?
What do you intend to connect using Aux-In?
what all i should damp (thinking of using NoiseKill)?
You can damp the front doors and the boot, IMO keep that for next upgrade.

Last edited by k2max6 : 24th December 2011 at 13:49.
Old 24th December 2011, 14:05   #11259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
k2max6 - thanks for quick response. my further query:

would installing good quality components at front and damping the front doors + parcel tray would deliver better sound quality OR components + AMP + sub with NO damping be better?

i am not sure when would the next upgrade happen if any, so i've to live with the set up i choose now for a long time.

my current HU plays CD/MP3, i want to be able to use USB OR an external device through AUX (such as my phone, or iPod) to get rid of hassle of burring CDs.
infotech58 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2011, 14:10   #11260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
k2max6 - thanks for quick response. my further query:

would installing good quality components at front and damping the front doors + parcel tray would deliver better sound quality OR components + AMP + sub with NO damping be better?

i am not sure when would the next upgrade happen if any, so i've to live with the set up i choose now for a long time.

my current HU plays CD/MP3, i want to be able to use USB OR an external device through AUX (such as my phone, or iPod) to get rid of hassle of burring CDs.
If planning to install components,the would suggest get the doors damped+tray,install components/rear speakers and a 4channel amplifier.

Again a proper installation with proper wiring will get you good sound,no matter if you use low budget equipments too.

Ramie
ramie2400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2011, 17:32   #11261
Senior - BHPian

Please suggest good component speakers. Budget is 5000 - 6000. Preference of genre is podcasts (talk shows).

What are the alternatives to JBL within my budget?
Old 26th December 2011, 10:39   #11262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Please suggest good component speakers. Budget is 5000 - 6000. Preference of genre is podcasts (talk shows).

What are the alternatives to JBL within my budget?
XS-GT16212S - 4250/-

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-78901.jpg

XS-GTR1720S - 5500/-
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-78897.jpeg
Old 26th December 2011, 10:45   #11263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Please suggest good component speakers. Budget is 5000 - 6000 ...
Podcasts can be handled even by good quality coaxes as most of the material is in the voice band. However, you will notice the difference of components in producing a sound image when you are playing music.

There are a lot of components in the 5-6K band apart from JBL - Infinity, Morel, Auditor, Bull, Alpine, Illusion etc. The best would be to check out the shops to see what is available, and ask them to give you an audition. Whoever refuses to is not worth buying from. Your ears are the best judge - auditioning the components will avoid the disappointment *after* spending 6K.

Last edited by DerAlte : 26th December 2011 at 10:48.
Old 26th December 2011, 12:27   #11264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The Prices looks a little high for a CS series Coax.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
No,The price is very high. Even if they are selling it at MRP ; GT6-S266C should cost you 5,990 and GTO-609C for 6,990/-
No warranty issues if you get them fitted outside,just ask them to use a coupler to connect the stereo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
The JBL compos should cost you 4,500/- with B&W. Just walk into any accessory store near your place and you will be amazed by the price, options and variety.
Advice taken. I have brought down my choices to the Infinity 6***CS series & Morel Maximo. Yes, will make sure i listen to them before making my buy for components.
Could i know the best places in Mumbai for fitting & buying stuff for one's ICE.
& for the new Swift for the front what is the size of the components to be used? As in how many inches.
Old 26th December 2011, 13:07   #11265
BHPian

Quote:
Advice taken. I have brought down my choices to the Infinity 6***CS series & Morel Maximo. Yes, will make sure i listen to them before making my buy for components.
Could i know the best places in Mumbai for fitting & buying stuff for one's ICE.
& for the new Swift for the front what is the size of the components to be used? As in how many inches.
Swift takes 6.5" Components. You can look in team-bhp directory for places to get an install.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks