Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2011, 16:03   #11146
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelz View Post
Replier please...gurus, users etc

thanks
Sheelz,

In my personal opinion, it is not advicable to go in for a used one, that too an year old from showroom.

the cons are it would be subjected to high bass music and also played in the top range for a prolonged period of time. It would be practically running almost 12 hrs a day. I would really suggest you to buy a brand new - box packed product only.

Trust me - it is worth paying extra for a brand new piece with Bill and warranty and peace of mind.

Think of it this way- First hand is around 35,000/- . If he is selling an year old at 50% discount that too in india, there is something fishy here.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 14th November 2011 at 16:10.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 19:39   #11147
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Sheelz,

In my personal opinion, it is not advicable to go in for a used one, that too an year old from showroom.
Thanks for the reply bharath

The only tempting offer is the one year warranty with it...Is it then worth it??

Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 20:09   #11148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelz View Post
Thanks for the reply bharath

The only tempting offer is the one year warranty with it...Is it then worth it??

Thanks
Well, If the warranty is one year you may go in for it. Just check with the dealer on the following.
  • Is it Kenwood warranty or seller warranty
  • Would bill be provided for this item
  • What all are covered in the warranty
  • Would a company warranty card be provided with the purchase
  • If a new purchase is made (box packed) what is warranty on that product
If answers are convincing enough, buy the same, else think twice.

NEVER accept anything verbally. Get everything written on paper. If he denies a paper statement, record the same on video camera / mobile camera and have a copy for reference, as you can take the dealer to task if there is a video proof. He can say that it is a policy not to give in writing, but he cannot deny his commitment on camera.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 09:12   #11149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Was Mistaken.They are available in CS & GT both.
Oh no. Is there a lot of difference between the two models ?
Old 17th November 2011, 14:51   #11150
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_9327 View Post
Oh no. Is there a lot of difference between the two models ?
The GT and CS are targetted at different markets. Used to be when the GT was much brighter than the CS now the differnce is less.
Old 25th November 2011, 15:10   #11151
NeO

hi gurus,
i have a JBL x555 HU. i wanted a small screen, 3.5 inch, so that i can view the file manager of my pen drive. there are times i want to listen to a particular song, but by the time i maneuvuer to the song i reach my destination. And since most of you know how bad the random option is in X555, having a visible file manager would be so nice.
Could you suggest
  • Can i get such a screen paired with X555
  • Can i attach a reverse cam to the same screen
thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 16:53   #11152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekmakeslove View Post
hi gurus,
  • Can i get such a screen paired with X555
  • Can i attach a reverse cam to the same screen
thanks
I dont think there is an option to fit screen, going by the specifications & Design of the product, since this is a pure audio device and not a video device(DVD/VCD) player.

If you buy a standalone screen, you can interface it with any rear view camera, but integrating the screen with the HU will be a real challenge. It is technically possible to inerface a screen by fiddling with the board, but it is not recommended as it would void warranty. Secondly, finding an electronician with this skill set would be further a challenge.

If this doesnt sound too harsh - i would suggest to maybe replace the current HU with a DVD Player (Available for as low as 4000/-) and add a screen to that.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 25th November 2011 at 16:56.
Old 28th November 2011, 09:48   #11153
BHPian

Hey guys,

I am posting this on behalf of a friend. He wants to install an amp and a sub with the stock HU and stock speakers in his Polo. The total budget is 15k. We have shortlisted :

Subwoofer:

1. JL Audio 12W1v2-4
2. JL Audio 12WØv3-4
3. JBL CS1215
4. JBL GT-X1250T
5. Infinity Ref 1260W

Amplifier:

1. JBL GT-X424
2. JBL GT-X646 (its a 4 channel but sub will be connected to 2 channels only, rest 2 channels can be used in future)
3. JL Audio JX360/2
4. JL Audio JX360/4 (its a 4 channel but sub will be connected to 2 channels only, rest 2 channels can be used in future)

We are open to other options also. Please advice.

Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 21:07   #11154
BHPian

Recommendations for Innova

Hi

Can anyone recommend a head unit and a speaker combination for the innova the cost for the same should be under 20 K

thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 22:25   #11155
Senior - BHPian

Re: Recommendations for Innova

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
Hi

Can anyone recommend a head unit and a speaker combination for the innova the cost for the same should be under 20 K

thanks
Let us know which year and model your Innova is. I mean is a 2009+ V model or is it a GX/G/E. This will help tailor accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
Hey guys,

I am posting this on behalf of a friend. He wants to install an amp and a sub with the stock HU and stock speakers in his Polo. The total budget is 15k. We have shortlisted :

Subwoofer:

1. JL Audio 12W1v2-4
2. JL Audio 12WØv3-4
3. JBL CS1215
4. JBL GT-X1250T
5. Infinity Ref 1260W

Amplifier:

1. JBL GT-X424
2. JBL GT-X646 (its a 4 channel but sub will be connected to 2 channels only, rest 2 channels can be used in future)
3. JL Audio JX360/2
4. JL Audio JX360/4 (its a 4 channel but sub will be connected to 2 channels only, rest 2 channels can be used in future)

We are open to other options also. Please advice.

Thanks
I would suggest JBL CS1215 + JBL GT-X424. But please do listen to them before parting with your hard earned money. It sounds differently to different sets of ears

Last edited by scopriobharath : 28th November 2011 at 22:55.
Old 29th November 2011, 10:41   #11156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
... I am posting this on behalf of a friend. He wants to install an amp and a sub with the stock HU and stock speakers in his Polo. The total budget is 15k. ...
Unless your friend just wants to show off driving around with his windows down going BOOM-BOOM-BOOM, he should connect the 'spare channels for future' to the OE speakers.

The stock HU and speakers have their limitations. If one couples their limited abilities with a sub, one only hears the sub and nothing else, since the sub overpowers the rather weak OE system. There is very limited facility available to tune the system.

If one doesn't want to spend too much, one should at least amplify the front speakers along with putting in a sub. Connect the first 2 channels to the OE front speakers, and connect the other 2 - in bridged mode - to the sub. This way, one is able to balance the sound while tuning. Set the gain for the front channels to a comfortable level first, then increase the gain of the sub channels till the sub is just felt. Increase it to the desired level after that.

Make sure to buy an amp which has a level controller for the sub. Otherwise, rear seat passengers not used to the sub will complain about not hearing the music well.
Old 29th November 2011, 10:58   #11157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I would suggest JBL CS1215 + JBL GT-X424. But please do listen to them before parting with your hard earned money. It sounds differently to different sets of ears
I can listen to JBL sub but not JL Audio because the guy has to order it. I have a few questions:
1. Why not JL Audio? I have heard good reviews of JL Audio.
2. Isn't it required to match the RMS output of sub and amp?
3. JL Audio website has given the specifications for the enclosure also. Can we use the same specs of enclosure for JBL sub as both are 12 inches?
Old 29th November 2011, 12:17   #11158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Unless your friend just wants to show off driving around with his windows down going BOOM-BOOM-BOOM, he should connect the 'spare channels for future' to the OE speakers.

The stock HU and speakers have their limitations. If one couples their limited abilities with a sub, one only hears the sub and nothing else, since the sub overpowers the rather weak OE system. There is very limited facility available to tune the system.

If one doesn't want to spend too much, one should at least amplify the front speakers along with putting in a sub. Connect the first 2 channels to the OE front speakers, and connect the other 2 - in bridged mode - to the sub. This way, one is able to balance the sound while tuning. Set the gain for the front channels to a comfortable level first, then increase the gain of the sub channels till the sub is just felt. Increase it to the desired level after that.

Make sure to buy an amp which has a level controller for the sub. Otherwise, rear seat passengers not used to the sub will complain about not hearing the music well.
I checked the specifications and features for level controller in Amplifiers specified in my previous post but could not find anything. help in finding an Amp with level controller (2 channel or 4 channel).
Old 29th November 2011, 13:59   #11159
Senior - BHPian

JL Audio has a separate RLC but only for the XD series. JBL doesn't seem to have that at all. Kicker has some 4-ch and 5-ch models (IX series) which have a bundled RLC.

Don't be limited by reviews only - check availability in the market first. Slips my mind, but there are a few amps available in India which have RLC bundled. Check the Show off and Sound off section for what people have bought on TBHP.
Old 29th November 2011, 21:42   #11160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
Hi

thanks
Amidoc,

got your PM - kindly let know what is your preference. I mean are you planning to play DVD Movies / In-Car Gaming / or Music only.

If music only, do you listen to Lata / kishore kumar music or Hard Rock / Pop Metal etc. Different configs are there for your preference of music.

Lata Music may not need a Sub but hard rock would need a Sub

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks