Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2011, 11:59   #11041
Senior - BHPian

Re: Alpine PXE-H650 System Integration Audio Processor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Riding the same boat amit! Last I checked on woofersetc.com, this was retailing for $240. Currently I have the Blau 555 pnp and wiring harness for my Punto E-pack. I'm sure I'll be dumping them and go for better equipment. Gosh I'm gonna be kicked out by wife soon! Late september or early october is decision time for me so I can ask my bro to carry it with him.

Is it worth it? Or are we just doing a futile splurge since the OEM HU is what we should be throwing out first?
okay!! here is my line of action now as i am back from germany and i can play around with my linea now.

1. Hack a RCA directly from the OEM hu- i am going to solder the rca cables on the PCB board where DSP is there. the study shows that DSP is a good one which is same on other high end blau has.

2. if second doesnt work i will try a kenwood 8016BT head unit working with steering control buttons as it says the hu is steering controls complaint via a interface-dont know which.

3. get the Alpine PXE- h650 or h660 from the US if the 2nd point doesnt appeal me.

dont know where it takes me, but by hook or crook i am not going to live with this kind of music quality.
Old 29th August 2011, 02:55   #11042
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

thanks for the info.

i was planning on getting a sealed box for my sub. its reated 300wrms. how much power should i need to give the sub so as to get decent spl and tight bass?
Old 29th August 2011, 17:18   #11043
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Guys, is there anybody here who has used a Bluetooth Adapter with their Pioneer P80RSII or knows somebody who has and can give me a little info on its functioning and features?
Old 3rd September 2011, 01:01   #11044
BHPian

Hello,
I've been searching around and haven't found a comprehensive answer yet..

Was looking at some speakers, and found that they have paper cones.

How hardy are these paper cones? Especially when exposed to the humidity of Chennai weather?

I noticed that quite a lot of the DLS speakers use paper cones and it started me wondering. Anyone with experiences? Good or bad?
Old 3rd September 2011, 02:01   #11045
BHPian

JVC Arsenal KD R926BT

I am looking forward to buying this JVC HU.
Damn, this thing plays WAV through USB, woohoo!!!
It has a DSP and all that jazz, crossovers with variable slopes, time alignment, Burr Brown DAC, three 5V pre outs etc. It ticks all the right boxes for me and a few more (inbuilt bluetooth!!)!!!
On paper it seems to be the perfect bang for the buck.
Are there any members here with any info or experiences with this headunit?

Just before you try to confuse me further, the P80RSII is out of the race as it does not come with a bill and warranty anymore. The USB is a joke and the adapter costs another few grands. Although, I do admit that it is the best when it comes to audio tuning features and it can even go active but it still doesn't sound quite right to me.
Now, the Alpine 117. What do I say, to me this headunit is a joke. This doesn't have LPF!!!
Plus, I once had an audition of the Alpine 9887 in someone's car and the highs killed it. It was too electronic and stressful.
And the interesting part, both Alpine and Pioneer call these high end but damn it! They don't play WAV!!!!
Coming to Kenwood, I have had a pretty bad experience with one of their units, so, Kenwood it is when pigs fly!!
Coming to this JVC, I accidentally chanced upon this model while surfing on the net and I am a big fan of it for its specs.
As I said before, it is giving me more than I could ask for.
Just need to be sure here.

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 3rd September 2011 at 02:03.
Old 3rd September 2011, 02:06   #11046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
JVC Arsenal KD R926BT

I am looking forward to buying this JVC HU.
Damn, this thing plays WAV through USB, woohoo!!!
It has a DSP and all that jazz, crossovers with variable slopes, time alignment, Burr Brown DAC, three 5V pre outs etc. It ticks all the right boxes for me and a few more (inbuilt bluetooth!!)!!!
On paper it seems to be the perfect bang for the buck.
Are there any members here with any info or experiences with this headunit?

Just before you try to confuse me further, the P80RSII is out of the race as it does not come with a bill and warranty anymore. The USB is a joke and the adapter costs another few grands. Although, I do admit that it is the best when it comes to audio tuning features and it can even go active but it still doesn't sound quite right to me.
Now, the Alpine 117. What do I say, to me this headunit is a joke. This doesn't have LPF!!!
Plus, I once had an audition of the Alpine 9887 in someone's car and the highs killed it. It was too electronic and stressful.
And the interesting part, both Alpine and Pioneer call these high end but damn it! They don't play WAV!!!!
Coming to Kenwood, I have had a pretty bad experience with one of their units, so, Kenwood it is when pigs fly!!
Coming to this JVC, I accidentally chanced upon this model while surfing on the net and I am a big fan of it for its specs.
As I said before, it is giving me more than I could ask for.
Just need to be sure here.
Did ya know JVC = Kenwood. Kenwood bought JVC few years back.

JVC is a decent HU but nothing compared to the likes of P80 or 117. If 117 doesn't have LPF set it via amp.
Old 3rd September 2011, 08:59   #11047
Senior - BHPian

@abhipuru16, what is the cost of that JVC head unit?
Old 3rd September 2011, 19:28   #11048
BHPian

Hey guys, I'm looking to upgrade my completely stock ICE of my honda civic, Planning to start with front components to begin with, Rest will follow whenever Vitamin M allows, The amp, woofer, the whole set up.
I have a budget of about 7k +- 500 for Component speakers only
Looking at polk audio and rockford fosgate, Can't get an audition on either, so what would you guys suggest between the two or anything similiar within my budget?
It's going to go in front, as it's primarily a self driven car
Thanks in advance
Regards
Raghav
Old 4th September 2011, 12:34   #11049
BHPian

guys, i am planning to add 4 speakers and a HU in my POLO. budget is around 10-15 k.

no sub and amp required as of now
need good sounding speakers in both doors i.e. 4 speakers
need a decent hu to power the speakers. HU will be replaced by carputer later on. so just need a HU with USB. cheapest would do i guess.
i want to spend most of the money on good speakers and wiring to keep it future proof.

thanks
kuldeep
Old 6th September 2011, 11:00   #11050

hello guys,
I am planning to get my car ICEd .My budget is limited so planning to get a decent HU and components. Plan to add more later on . My ride is a WagonR so need to make sure it fits the enclosures as well.
HU - Need one with USB playback VFM
Coaxials - Should sound decent .My total budget is within 12- 15k.
Will be listening to all types/genres of music so an all rounded system is what i have in mind.
Request the gurus to show me the light. Thanks in advance.
Old 7th September 2011, 23:42   #11051
BHPian

Hi Guys
Need help. Planning ICE for my car. I am thinking of buying morel/rainbow components. The sub will be Infinity kappa 120.9. The amp will be Infinity kappa four. My plan is to run the comps and sub(in bridged mode) from the amp. Now my query-will the amp provide enough power for the sub for a decent SPL setup. As of now, no plans for for mono amp due budget constraints.
Thanks in advance
Old 14th September 2011, 14:44   #11052
NeO

Quote:
Originally Posted by katapult View Post
hello guys,
I am planning to get my car ICEd .My budget is limited so planning to get a decent HU and components. Plan to add more later on . My ride is a WagonR so need to make sure it fits the enclosures as well.
HU - Need one with USB playback VFM
Coaxials - Should sound decent .My total budget is within 12- 15k.
Will be listening to all types/genres of music so an all rounded system is what i have in mind.
Request the gurus to show me the light. Thanks in advance.
you could go with JBL 555, and get a JBL gto 609 comp and if budget permits maybe a 6*9 co-ax. i believe you can get all these within 13k and you can upgrade these as jbl HU has 3 pre amps out as well. at this budget i believe the above setup would leave you mighty satisfied
Old 15th September 2011, 14:27   #11053
NeO

hi,

Could someone help me with better VFM
Xplod XS-GTX150LE,JBL CS 1215 in a box, JBL GT-X1250T or Pioneer TS-W303R

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th September 2011 at 14:52. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy pasting from external font editors. Also do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 20:56   #11054
BHPian

Hello

I just bought an I 20 with the AVN System. I have found some issues with the System while using the USB Pen drive (4gb). The maximum number of songs that i can browse using the AVN is 1000. Is there any other way to modify this default setting on the system.
Old 21st September 2011, 02:06   #11055
BHPian

How good or bad is the sony XM-GTR3301D, It seems good on paper, MRP 8,990/-

RMS 600W × 1 at 2 ohms, 330W × 1 at 4 ohms

I dont know if the Indian version is CEA-2006 compliant unlike the one sold abroad. I plan to power a RF sub rated 150 watts @ 4ohms

P.S.: if not sony then which other mono amp can one consider with a limited budget.

Source: XM-GTR3301D : Xplod™ Amplifier : In-Car Entertainment : Sony India

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks