Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2012, 16:54   #11791
Team-BHP Support

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes09 View Post
Ideal Setup :Pro Integration 4channel
Morel Tempo 6 Comps for front.
Amp confused
Woofer confused
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes09 View Post
Hi DHC pro is a 4 channel line output converter as I am using the factory HU.
Sir do you mean that you want to add a subwoofer and amplifier to the OEM HU and Morel Tempo 6 components?

If so there are many options. Good 4 ch. amplifiers can be had from Kenwood, Pioneer, JBL and Blaupunkt. Decent subwoofers can be had from JBL, ID, Hertz, etc...

In the end it is as much install and tuning as it is the components used.
Old 28th November 2012, 06:27   #11792
BHPian

Advice required

Dear Gurus,

My new car (Swift zdi) will be coming by Jan. I have a these setup in my current Indica
Sub : Bull audio 12"
Amp : 2 channel from Kenwood (5203)

I need to carry these to the new car. Here's what am planning for the new car,
1. A nice HU (the shops made sure they can make steering controls work with the after market HU)
2. Compos
3. An amp for the compos.
4. Wiring and damping.

Budget : 30 to 40k
Guys can any one please suggest some products that suits my budget, coz am nearly a noob in this section and the options are infinite.

Now for the amp which option will be better,
option1 : New 4 channel amp to drive the sub and comps and get rid of the current 2 channel kenwood
Option2 : New mono block to drive the sub and the old 2 channel to drive the comps.

Note: Galaxy, Cochin offered 5k for the stock HU, is it a good deal?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by vaisakhr : 28th November 2012 at 06:30.
Old 1st December 2012, 14:06   #11793
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

I am finally biting the pill and changing my stock HU will someone please suggest anything within the 40-60k budget? I heard Alpine and clarion are pretty good. My requirements are a saturated screen that doesn't seem washed out, bluetooth telephony, it should be able to be hooked up to the car's steering mounted controls and must be navigation ready. Would my budget cover my requirements? If not please suggest something that would This is for my Kizashi.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 1st December 2012 at 14:09.
Old 6th December 2012, 14:24   #11794
BHPian

Hi there. I came across this picture today and I have seen various cars with this type of antenna and wondered what is its use. Searched the net and couldn't find anything. Could any one help me out?
Attached Thumbnails
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-30370_584474928234241_355119242_n.jpg  

Old 6th December 2012, 16:07   #11795
BHPian

Mates I am planning to change my HU in Old dzire. Just seen Pioneer FH-X759BT dealer giving me this for 9300 INR. Can anyone suggest me with the output of HU. Also which is better in terms of sound quality Alpine or Pioneer or any other? I am also replacing my Infinity Primus comps with Focal polyglass 165VB comps.
Currently i have 4channel JBL amp (model 648). Could you please suggest on these config is proper? Do gurus in ICE advice me to put sub?
If i change HU how can I use sterring controls?
Old 7th December 2012, 12:45   #11796
Senior - BHPian

okay this thread seems to be a bit stagnant but I thought I'd ask anyway: Im changing the HU on my kizashi but unfortunately it doesn't gel well with the design of the dash and the climate control unit. I was wondering whether there is any place that can create custom panels (that bit of plastic surrounding the screen on the dash). This is an image from another Kizashi with a touchscreen HU installed and I think with custom panels it could look more integrated. Do I have any options?
Attached Thumbnails
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-20120819_195801_724.jpg  

Old 7th December 2012, 14:53   #11797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
okay this thread seems to be a bit stagnant but I thought I'd ask anyway: Im changing the HU on my kizashi but unfortunately it doesn't gel well with the design of the dash and the climate control unit. I was wondering whether there is any place that can create custom panels (that bit of plastic surrounding the screen on the dash). This is an image from another Kizashi with a touchscreen HU installed and I think with custom panels it could look more integrated. Do I have any options?
Ishaan, the Kizashi has a pretty good sounding system. You may wish to think again if you really want to change it, given that:

- Unlike a Civic, dash kits are not that standard in the market. You can get a high quality dash kit for the Civic for <5K nearly everywhere. Not so for the Kizashi

- Sound in the Kizashi is reasonably well balanced and there is some acoustic engineering that has gone into the car for this. Changing the system with aftermarkets will disturb this. I wouldnt say this for a Civic - but the sound system in a Kizashi is probably similar to a car in a higher segment. I havent seen too many Accord / Superb owners changing their system

- There are (tacky looking) but reasonably well functioning accessories that fulfill your needs with regards to Bluetooth Calls. They also work for BT music streaming, but theres a loss of bass. Accessories such as this one: Amazon Link

Given the above, I would personally recommend that you steer away from aftermarket systems in that car. But if a saturated LCD display is a must, then go ahead and order a high quality (Scosche) from Crutchfield or Best Buy - and you can ask someone to bring it back from the US for you. Crutchfield Link
Best Buy Link. Bear in mind that this is for the LHD variant of the car, but I think that the dash panel is the same for LHD / RHD variants. You may wish to check this before you order.

But if I remember correctly you already got your dealer to fit in BT for you, right? Is that not working out well for you? BTW you also owe us pictures of your BT installation from your dealer!
torquing_points is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2012, 15:46   #11798
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
Hi there. I came across this picture today and I have seen various cars with this type of antenna and wondered what is its use. Searched the net and couldn't find anything.?
Without knowing more it is hard to tell if the antenna is being used for FM (does the car have a FM antenna) or mobile communications (the antenna looks like a clip on antenna that stays in place when the trunk is closed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilless View Post
Also which is better in terms of sound quality Alpine or Pioneer or any other? I am also replacing my Infinity Primus comps with Focal polyglass 165VB comps.
Currently i have 4channel JBL amp (model 648). Could you please suggest on these config is proper? Do gurus in ICE advice me to put sub?
If i change HU how can I use sterring controls?
You mean model 646? The 646 will do a good job of driving the 165VB. As far as the HU is concerned I dont think there is an Alpine 2 DIN HU that comes under 10K.

Quote:
okay this thread seems to be a bit stagnant but I thought I'd ask anyway: Im changing the HU on my kizashi but unfortunately it doesn't gel well with the design of the dash
No do not do that. if you want to upgrade the stock stereo in the Kizashi get an after market processor like Alpine's 660, Audison's Bit 1, Helix P-DSP or JBL's MS8. Amps, subwoofers and speakers can be then added.

If you are going this route be warned the budget starts at 1L. The processsors alone are 25K and up. Add amps, subwoofers and speakers then add damping and wires...you get the picture.
Old 7th December 2012, 15:58   #11799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post

No do not do that. if you want to upgrade the stock stereo in the Kizashi get an after market processor like Alpine's 660, Audison's Bit 1, Helix P-DSP or JBL's MS8. Amps, subwoofers and speakers can be then added.

If you are going this route be warned the budget starts at 1L. The processsors alone are 25K and up. Add amps, subwoofers and speakers then add damping and wires...you get the picture.
Alright I sort off get the picture now. So say I don't change the HU, what is a processor? where does it go? Does it do any magic on its own or is it installed with a bunch of other stuff? If I were to upgrade the audio what kind of setup would you recommend? A dealer in my city is giving me a pretty good deal on focal k2 power 165kr speakers how many should I buy and where must I install all of it? I will also be installing a subwoofer would the stock HU be able to support everything? And would this all be recommendable?

Last edited by IshaanIan : 7th December 2012 at 15:59.
Old 7th December 2012, 16:04   #11800
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Alright I sort off get the picture now. So say I don't change the HU, what is a processor? where does it go? Does it do any magic on its own or is it installed with a bunch of other stuff? If I were to upgrade the audio what kind of setup would you recommend? A dealer in my city is giving me a pretty good deal on focal k2 power 165kr speakers how many should I buy and where must I install all of it? I will also be installing a subwoofer would the stock HU be able to support everything? And would this all be recommendable?
The processor goes between the HU and the amps. It does a lot of 'magic'. Some like the Helix and Audison let you fiddle with the settings while others like the JBL and Alpine Auto tune the car using a supplied microphone (usually they ask you average the response in 6-8 locations).

165kr would go in the doors. I believe (I may be wrong) that the Kizashi has speakers in front and rear doors in which case you need 2 pairs of 165kr otherwise only 1 pair (front door).

The stock HU cannot support a subwoofer without an amplifier. I do not know if the Stock HU has pre out or subwoofer control. If the stock HU does not have these features you will need to add a speaker level to line level adapter and get an amp that allows you to control the volume (of the subwoofer).
navin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2012, 16:12   #11801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The processor goes between the HU and the amps. It does a lot of 'magic'. Some like the Helix and Audison let you fiddle with the settings while others like the JBL and Alpine Auto tune the car using a supplied microphone (usually they ask you average the response in 6-8 locations).

165kr would go in the doors. I believe (I may be wrong) that the Kizashi has speakers in front and rear doors in which case you need 2 pairs of 165kr otherwise only 1 pair (front door).

The stock HU cannot support a subwoofer without an amplifier. I do not know if the Stock HU has pre out or subwoofer control. If the stock HU does not have these features you will need to add a speaker level to line level adapter and get an amp that allows you to control the volume (of the subwoofer).
Thanks! that seemed fairly detailed and yes you are right it has speakers in each door, two behind the headrests in the rear and one on top of the dashboard with tweeters in the front. Now say I refrain from upgrading the entire system till I have gained some knowledge and done thorough research, cause Hyderabad really does not seem to have any experts, would simply installing a processor be enough to give me better performance? Or must I buy and amplifier-s? I went through the classifieds section and stumbled upon a JBL MS-8 is this the kind of thing I ought to get?
Old 7th December 2012, 16:15   #11802
BHPian

Quote:

You mean model 646? The 646 will do a good job of driving the 165VB. As far as the HU is concerned I dont think there is an Alpine 2 DIN HU that comes under 10K.

Navin,

Thanks for reply. Can you please throw some light on Pioneer FH-X759BT it is new model which company has recently launched. http://www.pioneer-india.in/shop/fh-x759bt/

I am getting the same model for 9.3k. Is it worth?
Or any other model you recommend.

My Current Configuration is
1. Amp JBL 646
2. Primus Comps 6.5 ( which will be replaced by Focal Polyglass 165VB)
3. Stock HU (Old Dzire ZDI)
I am in dilema whether to go with PIONEER or ALPINE? Addition to that PIONEER has added new feature like MIXTRAX. I only understand after reading details that it just plays seamless music without gap in between two tracks, I don't understand most in HU technologies. Is this feature is worth?

Last edited by Achilless : 7th December 2012 at 16:21.
Old 8th December 2012, 12:34   #11803
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now say I refrain from upgrading the entire system till I have gained some knowledge and done thorough research,..would simply installing a processor be enough to give me better performance? Or must I buy and amplifier-s? I went through the classifieds section and stumbled upon a JBL MS-8 is this the kind of thing I ought to get?
Once you have a processor you do need amplifiers. Some like the MS8 and Helix's PP50 do have small built in amplifers but you would still need an amplifier for the subwoofer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilless View Post
Navin,
Thanks for reply. Can you please throw some light on Pioneer FH-X759BT I am getting the same model for 9.3k. Is it worth?

I am in dilema whether to go with PIONEER or ALPINE?
I have not heard the 759BT. Given that it is from Pioneer I do not see too many issues with it though. Feature for feature Alpine is usually more expensive.
navin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2012, 12:40   #11804
Senior - BHPian

[quote="navin"]

Once you have a processor you do need amplifiers. Some like the MS8 and Helix's PP50 do have small built in amplifers but you would still need an amplifier for the subwoofer.

thanks but what if I decide to do the entire ice upgrade later on? would a decent proccessor make a difference?
Old 8th December 2012, 21:20   #11805
BHPian

Hello gurus,

Need a moderate upgrade for my i10's ICE

Presently I have -

1. HU - Sony Xplod - CDX-GT505U/Q1IN ,
2. Rear Oval speakers - Rockford Fosgate Prime R-1693 (6' x 9' ) ; presently mounted on parcel tray.

The whole set up was done at a local accessory shop. Personally I think it is not worth the 12k I have spent. There is no bass. I tried fiddling with the set-up on the HU, but to no avail. It lacks the bass punch.

I listen to all kinds of music, but predominantly Tamil / Hindi film songs when wife is around and Rock (old gen.) when alone.

I would love to get a bass boost, but then I cannot afford to lose the little luggage space that I have.

Can I shift the ovals to my rear doors and install a sub on the parcel tray ? What money should I be prepared to shell out ?

I

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks