Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2012, 13:36   #11731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m

I think what you are talking about is the WagonR pro that Maruti announced sometime back, includes 2-DIN HU, body decals, full wheel covers (???) car perfume (yeah right!! ) etc. etc.
========
Maruti will do that, though I daresay that the choice will be limited.

All the best!
Hi Swarnava,

Thanks for your quick response.

You are right I was referring to the pro kit they came out with and my friend was confused as he dint require all the accessories but HU is important.

So the decision is not to go with pro kit and get the necessary accessories fitted by Maruti and get a after market HU and mostly focal speakers or that might be phase 2.

Is warranty usually a big issue when you get a after market HU? I know they say no wires should be cut what if we get it fitted from a professional and no wire cuts are required.

Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 17:16   #11732
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

This would be a pretty basic ICE question but please do bear with me. I have a Swift ZXI (the older model - circa 2006) for which I plan to buy a double din player from the US. Are all 2DIN players the same size or should I be looking for a specific size for this? If I need to look at a specific size, could someone please educate me on this?
Old 15th October 2012, 17:40   #11733
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes09 View Post
So the decision is not to go with pro kit and get the necessary accessories fitted by Maruti and get a after market HU and mostly focal speakers or that might be phase 2.

Is warranty usually a big issue when you get a after market HU? I know they say no wires should be cut what if we get it fitted from a professional and no wire cuts are required.
I think it is worth skipping the dealer and going to an installer with good reviews here. You should get a better install, but keep a wary eye on the kids who usually do the install. The moment you see a blade come near a wire, STOP! Remember to use a wiring harness, and use connectors & wooden spacers/wooden replacement trays were required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive View Post
This would be a pretty basic ICE question but please do bear with me. I have a Swift ZXI (the older model - circa 2006) for which I plan to buy a double din player from the US. Are all 2DIN players the same size or should I be looking for a specific size for this? If I need to look at a specific size, could someone please educate me on this?
Yup, all 2 DIN's are the same, but you will need a replacement fascia from the lower end model, and a steering wheel harness adapter if your steering wheel has audio controls, and you want to retain the functionality
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 20:38   #11734

Just had real good experience at Sai Car Care in Gurgaon, its run by Amit Batra who is the younger brother of Deepak Batra of Autocare fame and has been mentioned in quiet a few discussions. My case was of mostly installations and a little bit of new purchase. I had crashed my car a few months back and after it came back to me had to get the stereo redone, rewired and reinstalled from scratch. Amit's name came up as a reference from a friend who had gotten somw work done and actually reminded me that i had used his shop roughly 7 years back to get a base tube install done in my Wagon R. Enough said, i am extremely happy that i go to him to get this done, he is few shops over from Autozone on the Old Delhi road in Gurgaon. Here is what was installed in my car

1. Pioneer 6150 BT Head unit - Old
2. JBL 4 inch components/crossover front - Old
3. Infiniti prime 6 inch - old
4. Audioband AMP - 4 channel

Amit gave me a fantastic deal to upgrade the average quality Infiniti's with new range of kenwood - 150 RMS, 500 W. Also since my old tweeters were broken in the crash i got new Auditor branded tweeters. Same was the case with the corssovers, damaged in the crash but Amit managed to fish out a pair of JBL's that could be used easily. The rewiring had to be done all over again and also the mic for the BT unit had to be replaced. I was almost ready to pick up one on ebay but it was 6300 INR, got one from Amit for 2000

Net net in 3 hours of carefully monitored installation by both Amit and Myself the car was ready and it sounded better than before. Not one exposed wire or joint to be seen and the AMP tucked away nicely under the seat I am a happy audiophile.

Incase any of you are hunting for a reasonably proced quality installer and a store owner who knows whats new in the market and what his customer is looking for then you should visit Amit Batra in Gurgaon.
Old 15th October 2012, 22:22   #11735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikkal View Post
...JBL 4 inch components/crossover...
What??

Never heard of this.. And I searched extensive..!! Can you please mention the model number, and post some pics..??
Old 18th October 2012, 11:48   #11736
BHPian

Question on Pioneer 2490BT - Rear Camera setup

ICE / HU experts, your advise is required:

I have a Liva GDSP that has been fitted with a Pioneer 2490BT HU and this does a good job for me with the OE 4-speaker setup. Since this HU supports Reverse Cam, I wanted to make the full utilization of it.

Options that are widely found:
1. WorldTech (regular / night-vision (with LEDs) - around 1700 with no warranty / guarentee. Negotiated price 1400 including fitting charges.
2. Torq (an approved brand used by many car-makers) - around 2400 with 1 year replacement guarentee. Negotiated price 2200 including fitting charges.
3. XENOS (Another famous one in the market) - around 2400 with 1 year service warranty. Negotiated price 2200 including fitting charges.

I chose the TORQ (Model: T201) and got it fitted. When the reverse gear is engaged, the camera starts immediately on the HU without delays. Wide-angle, water proof, acceptable clarity for nights - overall I am happy for choosing it.

There seems to be something missing here:
There is an option called "Rear View - ON/OFF" in the DDIN 2490 BT Touch-screen home. When I turn this "ON", the camera is not getting activated for a "Live-streaming". I was told by the dealer's "lead-technician" (who claims that he has worked as a lead in Tata Concorde too) that only one of these set-ups is possible. i.e. either reverse gear engagement or live streaming (NOT BOTH). Is this true guys? Any inputs here? Is there any way to make both these modes functional without tampering OE wires?

I paid the dealer some 200 Rupees less stating this UN-finished work and if he finds a solution, he can get this 200 paid later. Else, I would find another dealer to fix this at this price (normally people charge between 100 to 200 for such work).

Do you guys have a solution to this? Any suggestion would help, thanks!!

Cheers!!
M

Last edited by Mister_M : 18th October 2012 at 11:57.
Old 19th October 2012, 11:21   #11737
Distinguished - BHPian

Any one using an Alpine 9826 here ?

1. Does it work with an Alpine remote ?
2. What aux-in cable is compatible with this ?
Old 25th October 2012, 13:59   #11738
BHPian

Pioneer DEH-6400 BT, any first hand experiences ?

Hi BHP-ians,

Any experience with Pioneer DEH-6400 BT ? I see 6450-BT on the Pioneer India website. The features look the same to me at first glance. I am looking to buy the 6400-BT in the UK, best priced at around £125. I was just about to buy the Sony DSX-S100 mechless player, I really liked the Ipod tray and the neat look of it. I don't play CDs anyway, it's going to be iPod all the way.

But then I came across this Pioneer one, both are rated equally on most of the websites. There is a significant price difference I agree, the Sony DSX-S100 retails here for around £80, but so are the features.

I am going to fit this in a Honda Civic 1.6 VTEC SE hatchback (UK model, 2002, EP6 I believe). I don't have vitamin M right now to replace the stock speakers and add an amp and sub, but I will do it in the coming months for sure.

A comparison between these two will make my life much easier!! Any help appreciated.

Preferences:
1. Music genre: Classic rock (Led Zep, Floyd, Doors and the likes)

2. Rear speakers: I am the only one to listen to it in the drivers seat

3. Bluetooth: I don't like to take calls while I am driving, nothing is more important than good music and a relaxed drive . Bluetooth won't hurt for those 'emergency' calls. Also, does the music quality suffer when you are streaming using BT compared to when you plug in your Iphone ?

4. Radio/CD: Not strictly needed, won't hurt if I have them.
P.S: I am pretty new to ICE, started reading the abundance of knowledge we have on the ICE forums here, I guess I will get answers to some questions (or get more confused )
MODS: Please merge thread in a relevant section if required, I searched but could not find anything on the Pioneer 6400-BT
Old 7th November 2012, 21:02   #11739
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice on speakers for my duster. I am retaining the Stock HU and looking to change the speakers and get an amp.

For a budget of 30k, i was told i can go for JBL front components, Hertz Amp and MTX Sub while retaining the stock rear speakers.

For a budget of 45k, i was told i can go for PHD front components, Hertz Amp and MTX Sub while retaining stock rears.

I would like to know if the setup options provided match the budget stated, i.e. which one is good value?

Also, i was told that duster has 5 3/4 enclosures so i need to go for JBL or PHD else the magnets would hinder mirror movement. How true is this?

Between JBL and PHD what other brands will fit in terms of increasing order of price?

Looking for some advice, please help.

Thanks!
Old 8th November 2012, 05:35   #11740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandy1981 View Post
Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice on speakers for my duster. I am retaining the Stock HU and looking to change the speakers and get an amp.

For a budget of 30k, i was told i can go for JBL front components, Hertz Amp and MTX Sub while retaining the stock rear speakers.

For a budget of 45k, i was told i can go for PHD front components, Hertz Amp and MTX Sub while retaining stock rears.

I would like to know if the setup options provided match the budget stated, i.e. which one is good value?

Also, i was told that duster has 5 3/4 enclosures so i need to go for JBL or PHD else the magnets would hinder mirror movement. How true is this?

Between JBL and PHD what other brands will fit in terms of increasing order of price?

Looking for some advice, please help.

Thanks!
There are a lot more brands than just JBL and PHD (unheard of). Infinity, Hertz, Bull Audio, etc. are mainstream brands that are widely available. Do listen to them or look at reviews available online for them.
I'd recommend damping the front doors well rather than spending much more on fancy speakers. The difference in mids is phenomenal.
nitrous is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2012, 12:27   #11741
BHPian

Expert Advices required.

Getting my New Swift ZDI delivered today.
I am planning for ICE Upgrade without changing the head unit. I can do it in 2 or 3 stages. My requirement is good sound clarity(don't require noisy setup). I have a Pioneer sub-woofer(12 Inchs, DVC), JBL 4 Ch Amp(GT series) and Polk audio DB series co-axial(9*6) from my old car. I was never satisfied with my old setup. I want to scrap my old Sub-woofer and Polk Coaxials while retaining the JBL amp(until the next upgrade). My budget is around 40K-50K(and can extend a bit).

My options are given below.

Crossover - Kicker KX3 or any similar
Front - Components
Rear - Coaxials(Required in rear door and not on the parcel-tray)
Amp - Existing AMP(can upgrade later)
Subwoofer - 8 inchs(don't require bigger one due to space constraints) with fiber glass en-closer or any similar without disturbing boot space.
Amp for Subwoofer - Any good mono amp.
Damping - Required in floor/boot/doors

Last edited by ashok_lat : 8th November 2012 at 12:32.
Old 8th November 2012, 21:13   #11742
BHPian

I intend to replace the stock cassette Kenwood HU of my ford ikon with a sony xplod HU. Can anyone guide as to how i should remove the old unit from its place so that i can install the new one? I want to do it myself.
Old 8th November 2012, 21:22   #11743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Any one using an Alpine 9826 here ?

1. Does it work with an Alpine remote ?
2. What aux-in cable is compatible with this ?
1. the spec seems to claim that there is an optional wireless remote
2. the OE cable is called KCA121B, though I think any AiNET aux cable should work
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2012, 21:34   #11744
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, Greenhorn. All set now !

KCA-121B is AI-Net to RCA.
KCA-235B is AI-net to 3.5mm Stereo. I got this one.

Details here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2957228
Old 9th November 2012, 09:40   #11745
BHPian

Display on the stock HU in my Vista has faded to an extent that nothing is visible. Hence am planning to change it along with the speakers. Speakers will however be confided to the doors only since boot is used quite a bit.
HU requirements: USB a must, cd optional. BT is not that big a priority since already have a stand alone unit which does a good job.
Speakers: the front ones are decent but I want more thump. I think the door speakers are 4" and hence limit my choice. But there would be alternatives.
Lastly I m in Andheri E, any TBHP recommended place to buy and install.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks