Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2010, 10:27   #10396
SMK
BHPian

Hi Gurus,

I am the proud owner of a pre - worshipped Fiesta 1.6 SXI, it comes with a stock 6 CD changer (double din), the sound quality is pretty decent and the speakers are good too. Disadvantage is that it does not have a USB/AUX plugin. I want to keep the stock speakers and tweeters but need to have a player which has these featuers.
The issue here is i am not sure which HU will fit the rather huge slot of the stock HU. Could you guys please suggest something?
Old 9th September 2010, 11:42   #10397
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK View Post
The issue here is i am not sure which HU will fit the rather huge slot of the stock HU. Could you guys please suggest something?
The fiesta comes with a standard 2 DIN slot. Any 2 DIN Hu will fit in that slot.
Old 9th September 2010, 12:53   #10398
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

I have an Alto LX, have a Sony HU installed (CDX-F5510X).

It's an old model but works fine.

I want to upgrade the front & rear speakers under a budget of 5K, can stretch it by 1K if something is really good. I don't like too much treble or high pitched sounds (they irritate me), but I like bass. Also, I would like the speakers to be durable & made of good quality stuff so that they can last.

I request suggestions on the speakers that I can buy under the budget. The front are 4 inch speakers & the rears are 6*9. Eagerly looking forward to getting some help here, as I am a total noob when it comes to ICE or anything related to audio.

Drive safe, take care.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-image0116.jpg  

Old 10th September 2010, 12:21   #10399
BHPian

i have hertz components and jbl 6X9(the back stage is good and loud enough).
would like to increase the front speaker output.
option 1: 2 channel amp

option 2: 4 channel amp

option 3: alpine F602 2 channel amp plus jbl bass tube(given by my friend for 6.5k).its boomy but guess the bass masks the front speakers.

if its buying new amp give suggestion on option 1 and 2.am looking for decent but cheaper amps due to budget constraint!!
i was quoted as:
jbl S422 :4.2k
jbl S644 :6.8k
both are B/W.
is option 3 a good choice??
Old 10th September 2010, 21:01   #10400
Senior - BHPian

The best would be for you to get a 4-channel amp, put the components on the front channels of the amp, leave the 6x9s on the HU, and use the rear channels of the amp to drive a sub.

If you buy the amp and sub from your friend, tuning will need to be done very carefully - very little leeway provided by the fader to balance the bass heavy rear to a decent level not to overpower the from components. If you add a 2-channel for the fronts, the situation will improve a bit.

Currently the best would be to add just a 4-channel amp now to drive the front (rear speakers on HU) and balance the front-rear outputs to get a good front stage *bolstered* by the bass from the 6x9. Leave the rear channels of the amp unconnected till you can get a sub - a decent economical sub in a sealed box.

Not sure if you have been quoted a good price - a JBL, Kenwood or Blau 4-ch amp should be closer to 6K, a Pio or Sony even less. Weigh your options wisely before committing you money.
Old 10th September 2010, 22:59   #10401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Currently the best would be to add just a 4-channel amp now to drive the front (rear speakers on HU) and balance the front-rear outputs to get a good front stage *bolstered* by the bass from the 6x9. Leave the rear channels of the amp unconnected till you can get a sub - a decent economical sub in a sealed box.
i feel the JBL 937 6x9 are loud enough at the rear
would my need of having a more prominent front stage (Hertz DSK165) be sufficed by just adding a 2 channel amp as i wouldn't be going for a sub.
or would i need a 4 channel amp connected to all speakers??
Old 11th September 2010, 00:13   #10402
Senior - BHPian

"as i wouldn't be going for a sub": Famous opening line! No, not ridiculing your expression, but that is how the mind works. Once you listen to the systems in other cars (do make it a point to meet up with other TBHP members in Chennai to listen to their rides), you will soon discover bits here and pieces there that you are missing in your system. And then one thing leads to another and ...

Do the math yourself: you keep buying 2 channel amps thinking you will save money, in the end you will pay much more than a 4-channel amp anyhow. It is your choice after all.
Old 11th September 2010, 15:11   #10403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hi all,

I have an Alto LX, have a Sony HU installed (CDX-F5510X).

It's an old model but works fine.

I want to upgrade the front & rear speakers under a budget of 5K, can stretch it by 1K if something is really good. I don't like too much treble or high pitched sounds (they irritate me), but I like bass. Also, I would like the speakers to be durable & made of good quality stuff so that they can last.

I request suggestions on the speakers that I can buy under the budget. The front are 4 inch speakers & the rears are 6*9. Eagerly looking forward to getting some help here, as I am a total noob when it comes to ICE or anything related to audio.

Drive safe, take care.
Guys, any help here please!!!!
Old 13th September 2010, 11:33   #10404
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Blackfire, the cheapest decent speakers I know of are the JBL GT5. 2 pair of 6" coax will run you about 7K. The other option I can think of in this price range is Bull Audio. I have not heard them but other members here have reported satisfactory results so Try before you Buy.

Last edited by navin : 13th September 2010 at 11:35.
Old 14th September 2010, 17:38   #10405
BANNED

Quote:
my 2 cents.....blaupunkt GTX or jbl gt5 series r best peak in yor budget.
Old 14th September 2010, 18:31   #10406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Blackfire, the cheapest decent speakers I know of are the JBL GT5. 2 pair of 6" coax will run you about 7K. The other option I can think of in this price range is Bull Audio. I have not heard them but other members here have reported satisfactory results so Try before you Buy.
Hey navin,

Thank you very much for your reply, & I have heard Bull Audio in a freind's car recently & I was impressed. It suited to my music tastes, but then his was some component system with an amp. He switched off the woofer though through some control on the HU before playing a song on it for me. I guess, I will check out some 4" speaker set from them on the coming weekend & decide. As for JBL, I had the opportunity to hear this on one of the nearby accessory shops & for some reason I couldn't enjoy the music. I felt that there was a slight shrill in the sound output. But it was the GTO series, I am guessing that's different from GT5 (what you have suggested). Anyways, I am planning to hear them once again at another shop this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhams View Post
my 2 cents.....blaupunkt GTX or jbl gt5 series r best peak in yor budget.
Hey dhams,

I am surely going to give JBL GT5s a try, I am now sure I must have heard some other series from JBL this past weekend. Also, thanks fo suggesting Blaupunkt GTX.

@all: I would be visiting some shops this weekend, & updating this thread thereafter. Thank you once again for all the responses & do let me know if there is anything else that you might want to suggest.

Drive safe, take care.

Last edited by DerAlte : 15th September 2010 at 09:45.
Old 14th September 2010, 22:55   #10407
BHPian

Hi gurus,

I recently installed a pair of Bull components in my swift along with a pioneer 3250 HU.
I was told that , since I'm not installing an amp I wouldnt require any damping.
Now the issue is that when I crank up the volume , my door panels start to vibrate, a lot.

Searching the forum I learned all the brands of dampning materials but I dont want to spend a lot at the moment.

But recently I came across this brand called Wurth, which I understand has been used by some of the bhpians here.

A direct deal from the company is being offered at an attractive rate of about Rs.2400/- for a pack of 6 sheets of 21" x 10" ( http://www.wuerth.com.ph/Catalog/WPI%20006%200005.htm ) The first one in the link catalog.

Is this worth in this price bracket ?? or shall I look elsewhere/alternate option?

Cheers

GT
Old 15th September 2010, 01:55   #10408
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

I have been researching over a few brands over the Internet & there are a few doubts w.r.t technical specifications of the speakers. Please help with these, so that I can get a better understanding on the subject & make a wiser decision.

1. How is RMS wattage different from peak power? I find that in all specifications, there are two wattages listed, one being the RMS & the other being peak. In some other cases, it's written as nominal & maximum inputs. What do these mean? As a thumb rule, which speaker would sound better? Would it be the one with more RMS wattage or the one with a lesser difference between RMS wattage & peak power?

2. Which type of cone is better? I am sure there are plenty of materials available in which speaker cones are made, but then is a paper cone better than PP or IMPP cone? Also what other types of cones are there & which ones are even far more superior?

Looking forward to getting some resolutions to these queries.

Thanks, drive safe all.
Old 15th September 2010, 05:07   #10409
Senior - BHPian

do you remeber sitting in my ZEN? they had the Bulls and even without the AMP they used to sound amazing. what i have experienced with the installation in the RITZ is that the bulls when taken through the AMP sound nice and bassy even with out adding an SUB. so Prakhar you can go for the bulls instead of the 6 inch you can go for the smaller ones too
Old 15th September 2010, 10:01   #10410
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
1. How is RMS wattage different from peak power?

2. Which type of cone is better?
You cannot determine how a speaker will sound by considering power capabilities or cone material or both.

There are about 40 components in a speaker's (woofer, midrange or tweeter) manufacure and then there is design. The design should ensure that all 40 or so components are complimentary.

File:SpkFrontCutawayView.svg - Wikimedia Commons

The simple way to look at a speaker is as a membrane suspended in a magnetic field.

Electric motors and generators

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks